IGNORED

John Maxwell is a real estate agent???

Dru

Does he allow female clients? Does he allow mortgages? Will he show a house to an unmarried couple, a single mother, a gay person?????? So many questions and not one acceptable answer. Not in Maxwell land. I wonder how successful he is and how many clients he has to turn away?

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I know some of you think John is the hottest thing on two legs but, really? That photo? He has the same fanatical gleam in his eyes as Steve.

You can be sure there is a plan here, a plan that Steve has hatched.Realistically how can 13 or 14 adults and six or so kids survive on the half arsed businesses these chidults have? The conferences have died, none of the women work, someone has to do something.

Steve approves of real estate, John can learn how to do it then come back and teach his brothers.

It makes me wonder about their conversational skills. Real Estate Agents have to have good people skills and that includes the ability to make small talk. Do you know where you will go when you die? is not going to cut it. The Maxwell boys no nothing about pop culture, news or sports. They will have to brush up on local schools because that is always an important topic for home buyers. They should also be familiar with restaurants and other places of local interest, plus have a grasp of local history and economics. Somehow I get the idea that the Maxwell boys are so sheltered that they will be complete duds at this, but we will see.

It makes me wonder about their conversational skills. Real Estate Agents have to have good people skills and that includes the ability to make small talk. Do you know where you will go when you die? is not going to cut it. The Maxwell boys no nothing about pop culture, news or sports. They will have to brush up on local schools because that is always an important topic for home buyers. They should also be familiar with restaurants and other places of local interest, plus have a grasp of local history and economics. Somehow I get the idea that the Maxwell boys are so sheltered that they will be complete duds at this, but we will see.

"How are the local schools?"

"You know what school is always good? The school of the dining room table."

"What are some good places to eat around here?"

"Why go out when you can have bean burritos in?"

"What do people do for entertainment in this area?"

"Pray, weep, dust ceiling fans, eat bean burritos."

And so on, and so forth. John has this in the bag :lol:

I am not firing on all cylinders this morning so I am confused. Is john working for a real agency and has a real estate license or working for himself? He has a job outside of the Maxwell lair? Is this John's way of slowly escaping. Maxwells don't have real jobs. Or is this Steve's way of allowing John to have his "own" business a la Jim Bob setting Josh up with the car lot.

What is this craziness of which you speak? Steve and Teri raised GREAT CONVERSATIONALISTS!

It's the whole rest of the world that is doing it wrong....

Pretty sure "Christopher Maxwell Photography" is ghosted in the lower RH corner of every photo.

The photos appear all to have been taken with a wide angle lens. Weird ... doesn't seem to be a need for it.

John looks a tad crazy eyed in his RE photo.

The pictures are blurry on Trulia but clearer on Zillow

zillow.com/homedetails/3410-Tudor-Dr-Leavenworth-KS-66048/77215094_zpid/

Nice enough house in need of some updates. Painting the kitchen cabinets would make a huge difference.

There is a three bedroom bungalow around the corner from me listed at $330,000. The open house signs went up on Thursday, the house was officially listed today. Offers are being accepted on Tuesday and I expect a sold sign on Thursday. John's house has been on the market since June.

A n00b like John would need to hang his shingle with a master broker - so he isn't completely independent but its not always necessary to office out of the brokerage. He may or may not need to show his face a few hours a week, depending on the state or his contract. Anywho real estate is a fairly self motivated job and you can make it something that is a full time gig or just something for a little extra cash on the side. But to really bank you have to be pretty self motivated and cultivate a strong client network, which can take some time and lots of effort.

Those photos are exceptionally bad. If I were the seller, I would be pretty pissed off.

Does anybody else notice something (especially) odd about photo number 16? I think it's that one. Anyway, it sure looks to me like it is a pool table with a comforter thrown over it. The legs are really chunky and heavy, which would mean nothing if the "bed" at least looked like it had a mattress and box springs on it. If it is indeed a fundie-owned house, I guess they didn't want the public to know they had an evil pool table?? John wanted to make sure that room could be counted as a bedroom?? Something is just very strange about that "bed."

Does anybody else notice something (especially) odd about photo number 16? I think it's that one. Anyway, it sure looks to me like it is a pool table with a comforter thrown over it. The legs are really chunky and heavy, which would mean nothing if the "bed" at least looked like it had a mattress and box springs on it. If it is indeed a fundie-owned house, I guess they didn't want the public to know they had an evil pool table?? John wanted to make sure that room could be counted as a bedroom?? Something is just very strange about that "bed."

hmmm..at first I thought the bed was sitting on blocks or something so that it sat up higher. For underbed storage or something like that. Looking more closely I can see where the "mattress" looks to have a sort of frame around the edge. Looks too small to be a pool table though.

To the bolded, I think Steve is definitely one of the shadier characters in fundiedom. He's a master manipulator who maintains careful control over everything concerning the family, and while he may not lie outright, he commits the sin of omission which is still lying anyway you cut it. The fact that his sons dabble in so many failed or stalled businesses doesn't look good for the brand so he'll do whatever he can to keep things hushed up. I have no doubt that there's a LOT that goes on in Maxhell—none of it good—that we'll never hear about. Big Brother lives.

ETA, didn't an FJer check into licensing for plumbers and electricians in Kansas and that it's not what one would think. Basically, you take a test. No classes, no apprenticeships, nothing like that. I could be wrong but I seem to remember that.

Yep. That was I. It is a easier to get those licenses than a pet license.

I'm pretty sure it's just a bed on risers. They do make a bed look odd:

http://www.walmart.com/ip/Adjustable-Bed-Risers/5148131

And the fisheye-lens pictures make everything look distorted.

John posted on Linkedin about planning to attend the Irrigation Association Show in Long Beach in November. Apparently Maxwell Irrigation lives. I wonder if John will be traveling alone or taking a brother for accountability. I'd love to know the full scope of what goes on that never makes the blog.

He's in an agency though that he doesn't own. This is going to be interesting. He can't discriminate. It's against the law.

Makes me want to ask for a house tour, solo. While avoiding mentioning my spouse's gender. Then, at another meeting, after we're almost done, show up with HER!

John posted on Linkedin about planning to attend the Irrigation Association Show in Long Beach in November. Apparently Maxwell Irrigation lives. I wonder if John will be traveling alone or taking a brother for accountability. I'd love to know the full scope of what goes on that never makes the blog.

Good find.

Oh, and ITA about wanting to know more about the behind the scenes stuff that doesn't make the blog.

While I'm glad John has some freedom, it's a shame to think this is something the sisters could never do.

So this explains John driving Uriah to Phoenix last year since he was going to the Irrigation Show anyway. No blogged excuses for him being in Austin in 2013 though.

ETA- 2016 will be in Las Vegas. :cracking-up: I see no way Steve allows that.

I also noticed a lot of Longaberger basket stuff. Some in the photos, but a crap-ton in the storage area of the basement.

I also noticed a lot of Longaberger basket stuff. Some in the photos, but a crap-ton in the storage area of the basement.

You think they are selling it? :o

I think being a real estate agent is one of the jobs mentioned in buying a home debt free. That said, I'm really surprised that John would be working for someone else.

How do we know the office isn't headed by a like-minded man? Has anyone research that? It can be acceptable to work for a like-minded MAN. Perhaps he'll go out on his own in a few years.

Maybe Terri did sell back in the day. Are they still popular? That was early 90s

No, there is some confusion here. The longaberger baskets are pictured in the basement of the house that John has listed for sale. There is still a lot of furniture and clothing pictured so these photos were taken while the present day owners were still living there. These are not Maxwell possessions.

Archived