IGNORED

John Maxwell is a real estate agent???

Dru

Very telling that every single one of the 25 photos showing the (only) one listing John has is terribly clouded and blurry. It is actually a nice home, and John is showing it online extremely poorly.

http://www.trulia.com/property/10784392 ... 48#photo-1

So if John Maxwell the Realtor asks Christopher Maxwell the Photographer to photograph any houses he lists, they would basically end up with terriblerealestateagentphotos.com

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

John has a home listed. It's going for about $300k and it's only a 2 minute drive from chez Maxhell (0.6 mile). From the pictures, it looks gorgeous - I want to live in it! There's even a playground in the backyard. It is expensive for that area, though.

Very telling that every single one of the 25 photos showing the (only) one listing John has is terribly clouded and blurry. It is actually a nice home, and John is showing it online extremely poorly.

So if John Maxwell the Realtor asks Christopher Maxwell the Photographer to photograph any houses he lists, they would basically end up with terriblerealestateagentphotos.com

That home would so suit the Rodriguii, if it were only free cheaper and in the right state. That huge basement for David's printing press and stomach, big bedrooms and 4 bathrooms.

And surely John Maxwell would be ideal for them to buy from. I'd love to see Jill cosying up to Steve and Terri for photo ops!

That is a fundie house. Look at the kids bedrooms and the closests.

Looking at the decor I at first wondered if it was a Maxwell renovation. Look at the colors.

Looking at the decor I at first wondered if it was a Maxwell renovation. Look at the colors.

That dark red paint is very similar to the Maxwells wall, and the light green, too. There's a huge amount of clothes (maybe winter clothes packed away for summer) on a large hanger, too.

That dark red paint is very similar to the Maxwells wall, and the light green, too. There's a huge amount of clothes (maybe winter clothes packed away for summer) on a large hanger, too.

But there is a tv in one of the rooms. Otherwise I would say maybe a Maxwell house flip.

That house is huge!!

From John Maxwell Real Estate Agent FAQs:

"Do you offer Mortgages?

Yes, but it's not what you're thinking. Break the property cost down into the size and quantity of payments you are comfortable with. Then, I would encourage you to take each payment, put it in an envelope and set it aside. When you have the cost of the property in your envelope, deposit it in your bank and buy the property. You will have learned your first valuable lesson from your association with John Maxwell Real Estate."

That is almost word for word what they say on their website about 1TonRamp courses, in the FAQ about whether they offer payment plans. It's a bit of a scam because since when do real estate offices offer mortgages -- I've never heard of that, is that a thing? I only know of banks or other lending institutions, or else a seller carrying a loan. Never heard of the realty office offering financing.

I also find it interesting that they say to save up the money and only when you have enough and you're getting ready to make your purchase do they say "now go put the money in the bank" on order to make your purchase -- so I gather that they support keeping cash at home, under the mattress or buried in the yard, etc., rather than in the bank. I don't necessarily disagree, I know there are good arguments on either side, but it just caught my eye and I found it interesting.

That is almost word for word what they say on their website about 1TonRamp courses, in the FAQ about whether they offer payment plans. It's a bit of a scam because since when do real estate offices offer mortgages -- I've never heard of that, is that a thing? I only know of banks or other lending institutions, or else a seller carrying a loan. Never heard of the realty office offering financing.

I also find it interesting that they say to save up the money and only when you have enough and you're getting ready to make your purchase do they say "now go put the money in the bank" on order to make your purchase -- so I gather that they support keeping cash at home, under the mattress or buried in the yard, etc., rather than in the bank. I don't necessarily disagree, I know there are good arguments on either side, but it just caught my eye and I found it interesting.

The lateness of putting money in the bank may just be a hold over from 1TonRamp. It makes (some) sense to keep only like $100-$200 in a safe place at home and then put it into the bank when they need to register, but keeping $100K+ in cash at home isn't sensible. Especially when you can have it in an interest bearing account to help you earn money with minimal effort. But, since when to things make logical sense in Maxwell? :shrug:

If they don't offer mortgages, do they not take on clients who would be mortgaging their home, even if that mortgage isn't through the Maxwells? I agree it seems weird that they would even bother answering that question because I was under the impression that only financial institutions offered mortgages. (Not like I have experience in this area...) I suppose they have to get their snooty and unrequested financial advice out there yet again. :snooty:

I thought the same thing. The aqua bedroom in particular is set up for kid stacking, plus the basement End Times Preparedness Shelves, and the homework tables piled against the wall next to the office area. If it's not a fundie house, it's been staged to appeal to one.

It's 100% possible that I'm just projecting on the house, and that it's an average family home, but it also COULD be what it appears to be. If that's the case, it's a hell of a coincidence that John's sole listing is a homeschooling fundie family abode.

The lateness of putting money in the bank may just be a hold over from 1TonRamp. It makes (some) sense to keep only like $100-$200 in a safe place at home and then put it into the bank when they need to register, but keeping $100K+ in cash at home isn't sensible. Especially when you can have it in an interest bearing account to help you earn money with minimal effort. But, since when to things make logical sense in Maxwell? :shrug:

If they don't offer mortgages, do they not take on clients who would be mortgaging their home, even if that mortgage isn't through the Maxwells? I agree it seems weird that they would even bother answering that question because I was under the impression that only financial institutions offered mortgages. (Not like I have experience in this area...) I suppose they have to get their snooty and unrequested financial advice out there yet again. :snooty:

Yeah, I bet you're right that it just got overlooked when they copied the text; it does indeed make sense to save up money in an envelope if it's a few hundred dollars, but for a house they presumably would have reworded it.

On the other hand, as you say, they're not known for their logic.

And good question, would they refuse clients who are planning to get a bank loan? Would they refuse to mention in a listing that the seller is willing to carry?

I think it's exactly what you say (and why I called it a scam phrase) -- said for the sole purpose of them preaching their unrequested advice.

I think John Hugh was being funny.

:embarrassed: :embarrassed: oops, got me :lol:

I think agents have to have some affiliation with a real estate broker. I hope someone with better knowledge chimes in soon.

I had my license about 13 years ago and not in Kansas. To be a Realtor (with the realtor logo) you must pass a state exam and a broker holds your license and you work under that broker. The broker is there to help with closings, paperwork, etc. Any realtor can become a broker but usually it is after several years and very successful sales. Edit to add- a broker gets a portion of the sales commission. The broker fee is to help with the training, development, overhead, etc.

As for office space, it depends on the office. Some require all Realtors to have office hours or "man the phones" for anyone calling up on homes listed on the various sites. Because of today's technology some offices are set up that you can "man the phones" remotely.

It's a lot of hard work to get started. A lot of people I know that started in their 20s teamed up with a large volume selling/listing agent in different agencies and became part of their team. Then each person on the team had a particular expertise (buying agent or selling agent, relocation, etc).

You could work in reality and not be a certified realtor. Reality is much harder and in my opinion dumb. Just pay the money, take the test and become a realtor and then you can advertise on realtor approved websites.

***a lot of technology has changed since I had my licenses so take what I said with a grain of salt and the fact I didn't have my license in Kansas.

- total side note- when rereading what I wrote I had to change "hooked up" to "teamed up: and "hot selling/listing agent" to "large volume selling..." because flashes of Joshie and Ashley Madison popped in my head

"Do you offer Mortgages?

Yes, but it's not what you're thinking. Break the property cost down into the size and quantity of payments you are comfortable with. Then, I would encourage you to take each payment, put it in an envelope and set it aside. When you have the cost of the property in your envelope, deposit it in your bank and buy the property. You will have learned your first valuable lesson from your association with John Maxwell Real Estate."

FFS

He used canned language from One Ton Ramp for that blurb.

Those photos are exceptionally bad. If I were the seller, I would be pretty pissed off.

"Do you offer Mortgages?

Where are these FAQs?

I get an "under construction" message at the link.

FFS

He used canned language from One Ton Ramp for that blurb.

Err, before this becomes gospel, John's website is still under construction (and following the link to his page from the profile listed in the OP brings up a phishing warning), there is no FAQ page and JohnHugh was funnin'. Not this something like this is out of the realm of possibility—he is Steve's spawn, after all—but it's just a joke. :mrgreen:

Knew there was more to John!! I wonder if he's had s*x?!

Why yes he has had had six, says Sarah. Dad said he could have six bean burritos and six animal crackers. Also, it was sweet of you to use an asterisk to substitute for the "i" in six, but there is no need, I am not a prude.

Whoever said that the house John is selling is a fundie house, I agree-- based on the bedroom set up with 3 beds and what looks like homeschool desks in the basement.

I wonder if Steve had one of the boys get into real estate so they would know immediately when one of the houses on their street goes on the market--so they can expand the compound over time. Maybe they missed getting another house on their block and they fear that not only will one of the sons have to take his bride two blocks over, but that some heathen family will move in and the wife and daughters will wear bikinis around the family pool and then ALL the Maxwells will have to pull up stakes and move....

https://www.zillow.com/profile/KansasHomeForYou/

Providing this review is real, John had a female client. I sure hope he brought a sister along for accountability when showing her houses.

The review doesn't say that she bought a house, just that he showed her a house. Or two.

And also from the Zillow profile, I called it!

John "owned a construction company for several years, and became a licensed Master Electrician and Master Plumber - which he still maintains." The licenses, not the construction company that folded, I presume. Grammar fail, John.

These are couple more skills that Steve has not boasted about on Titus2. Possibly because electricians/plumbers usually need to be apprenticed (work for) someone not Family?

ETA: Fundie house indeed. It also looks as though the living room is staged with Steve and Teri's furniture. :)

This surprising revelation makes me HOPE that maybe some of the girls have lives outside of the compound and that they don't show it, so that they can still sell their brand of isolationism/"protection". I don't think it's the case, but at least this gives me a tiny glimmer of hope for the rest of the kidults at home.

The review doesn't say that she bought a house, just that he showed her a house. Or two.

John "owned a construction company for several years, and became a licensed Master Electrician and Master Plumber - which he still maintains." The licenses, not the construction company that folded, I presume. Grammar fail, John.

These are couple more skills that Steve has not boasted about on Titus2. Possibly because electricians/plumbers usually need to be apprenticed (work for) someone not Family?

ETA: Fundie house indeed. It also looks as though the living room is staged with Steve and Teri's furniture. :)

Right. I think another website has him listed as having 0 recent sales. Considering Nathan needed parental permission to be alone in his house with Melanie the night he asked her to marry him it's downright outrageous that John was alone in a house with a strange woman.

To the bolded, I think Steve is definitely one of the shadier characters in fundiedom. He's a master manipulator who maintains careful control over everything concerning the family, and while he may not lie outright, he commits the sin of omission which is still lying anyway you cut it. The fact that his sons dabble in so many failed or stalled businesses doesn't look good for the brand so he'll do whatever he can to keep things hushed up. I have no doubt that there's a LOT that goes on in Maxhell—none of it good—that we'll never hear about. Big Brother lives.

ETA, didn't an FJer check into licensing for plumbers and electricians in Kansas and that it's not what one would think. Basically, you take a test. No classes, no apprenticeships, nothing like that. I could be wrong but I seem to remember that.

Archived