IGNORED

Bradrick-Barth Scandal-Research-Sex Offender

fairestaussie74

I am a longtime lurker. Since before the rapture even. I am a former fundie and became aware of something that has been hidden from the public eye about the Bradrick Barth Clan specifically about about the Bradrick's Daughter Betsy Bradrick Barth and her husband Andy Barth.

As I searched for Barth on FJ some of you may or may not know who these who these folks are.

-here is a reference to the Barth Family (Andy is featured prominently on the cover of one of their most famous materials and mentioned NUMEROUS times as an example)

heartandhome.net.au/index.php?main_page=index&manufacturers_id=3&sort=20a&filter_id=89&alpha_filter_id=0

and here is a reference to the Bradrick's (even though their site has trimmed down their presence extensively, it had photos of each of her children and their spouses and a write up on each. Specifically sharing about Betsy and Andy-(mentions them as examples-apprenticeship with his father to a dentist, 10plus kids, homeschooling....)

christianheritageonline.org/

If you are aware of these folks then you know that they profit off of their godly example of homeschooling, large families, courtship, male-dominate/female-submissive environment.

This is where it leads.......(make sure you scroll down for multiple pics of Andy and description)

records.txdps.state.tx.us/SexOffender/PublicSite/Application/Search/Individual.aspx?IND_IDN=12940162

This is the Bradrick's son-in-law Andy, the Barth's son. This is what he did to a 9 yr old female.

I have researched and I feel sick. This should be exposed. Does anyone want to help find more verifiable information?

1653901_686174938093376_955996651_n.jpg

Welcome, fairestaussie74!

Ohhh, this is such an interesting tidbit of Bradrick family news! And it looks like this was all coming to light right around the time of the DPIAT/R downfall was starting.

Admins, can this be copied to the Quiver Full of Snark forum so we can get some of our best archivists looking into it? If fairestaussie74 has access to the forum, that is. Please advise!

welcome! this is certainly interesting. and while not exactly unexpected, very sad as well. i hope the victim was provided with real counseling, not the garbage shit that the duggar girls had.

• Upvote 2

fairestaussie74 said:
I am a longtime lurker. Since before the rapture even. I am a former fundie and became aware of something that has been hidden from the public eye about the Bradrick Barth Clan specifically about about the Bradrick's Daughter Betsy Bradrick Barth and her husband Andy Barth.

As I searched for Barth on FJ some of you may or may not know who these who these folks are.

-here is a reference to the Barth Family (Andy is featured prominently on the cover of one of their most famous materials and mentioned NUMEROUS times as an example)

heartandhome.net.au/index.php?main_page=index&manufacturers_id=3&sort=20a&filter_id=89&alpha_filter_id=0

and here is a reference to the Bradrick's (even though their site has trimmed down their presence extensively, it had photos of each of her children and their spouses and a write up on each. Specifically sharing about Betsy and Andy-(mentions them as examples-apprenticeship with his father to a dentist, 10plus kids, homeschooling....)

christianheritageonline.org/

If you are aware of these folks then you know that they profit off of their godly example of homeschooling, large families, courtship, male-dominate/female-submissive environment.

This is where it leads.......(make sure you scroll down for multiple pics of Andy and description)

records.txdps.state.tx.us/SexOffender/PublicSite/Application/Search/Individual.aspx?IND_IDN=12940162

This is the Bradrick's son-in-law Andy, the Barth's son. This is what he did to a 9 yr old female.

I have researched and I feel sick. This should be exposed. Does anyone want to help find more verifiable information?

I remember reading that magazine when it came out, my mom probably still has it. This is very sad. Thank you for letting people know.

• Upvote 2

Helluva day for scandals, ain't it?

The Bradricks should send an engraved THANK YOU note-- and perhaps a little fruit basket or something-- to the Duggars.

• Upvote 1

welcome! this is certainly interesting. and while not exactly unexpected, very sad as well. i hope the victim was provided with real counseling, not the garbage shit that the duggar girls had.

It's very disturbing to think about how vulnerable girls in the fundamentalist world are. Many of them are isolated, and the ones that aren't (like the Duggars) are exposed to hundreds of strange men over childhood. The system is ridiculously easy to play, and perps know that. If they get caught, they'll do whatever "program" their community requires, "ask for forgiveness," and be on their way. Wonder how many of these guys get off on the fact their victim has to forgive them? :cry:

• Upvote 3

Another awful Fundie sexual abuse case. I wonder how many more there are out there.

Thanks for bringing it to our attention fairestaussie74.

It's very disturbing to think about how vulnerable girls in the fundamentalist world are. Many of them are isolated, and the ones that aren't (like the Duggars) are exposed to hundreds of strange men over childhood. The system is ridiculously easy to play, and perps know that. If they get caught, they'll do whatever "program" their community requires, "ask for forgiveness," and be on their way. Wonder how many of these guys get off on the fact their victim has to forgive them? :cry:

I'd like to know who took this public with Barth. It most likely happened in his home (although we don't know that for sure, but they have a boatload of kids, some adopted, so it would have been easy access for him). Did his wife find out and go to police? Or did someone else? The fact that they didn't "pray it away" and that it was prosecuted and he is spending time in prison means Jesus couldn't help this time.

AND, his wife still has a photo of the two of them as her profile photo on her public FB page. So I guess that means she stayed with him? So maybe she (and he) maintain his innocence and that he was convicted anyway and he's serving time as a martyr?

So many questions here.

I'd like to know who took this public with Barth. It most likely happened in his home (although we don't know that for sure, but they have a boatload of kids, some adopted, so it would have been easy access for him). Did his wife find out and go to police? Or did someone else? The fact that they didn't "pray it away" and that it was prosecuted and he is spending time in prison means Jesus couldn't help this time.

AND, his wife still has a photo of the two of them as her profile photo on her public FB page. So I guess that means she stayed with him? So maybe she (and he) maintain his innocence and that he was convicted anyway and he's serving time as a martyr?

So many questions here.

That would be interesting to know. My best guess would be an adult family member of the victim. It would be weird if Barth's wife was the one who went to the police, but I guess it's not unheard of. Casey Anthony's parents did a lot of backtracking.

Good find, although I'm sad to say that I'm not surprised that another high profile quiverfull/isolationist homeschool family experienced sexual abuse. I'm honestly starting to wonder whether JB's claim that 2/3 of the families they know have experienced incest is true. If so, it's not a good reflection on their lifestyle and religious beliefs. At least the abuser in this case is serving time, though I'm wondering if Betsy Bradrick is "standing by her man." The Facebook picture seems to indicate as much. :ew: Maybe the victim had a "normal" (i.e., non-quiverfull, non-patriarchal) relative that she could confide in, who called the police.

• Upvote 4

His citation is listed as Texas Penal Code 21.11 (a)(1), which reads:

Sec. 21.11. INDECENCY WITH A CHILD. (a) A person commits an offense if, with a child younger than 17 years of age, whether the child is of the same or opposite sex, the person:

(1) engages in sexual contact with the child or causes the child to engage in sexual contact;

http://www.bustedoffenders.com/texas/pi ... h/08634151

http://www.statutes.legis.state.tx.us/S ... /PE.21.htm

:censor2:

I would think if there was any question about what he did, there would have been appeals by now. I don't know how to look up legal records in TX but maybe someone here does so see if anything else has developed on the case since 2012.

Holy fucking shitballs. I cannot freaking believe this. I had that copy of The Teaching Home back in the day...excuse me while I go shower. :ew:

When will it end with these freaks? Ugh, ugh, ugh. They have a boatload of kids, tons of little girls. I am going to vomit.

Time has not been kind to Betsy. She is several years younger than me and she looks 60 in that photo.

• Upvote 1

Mama Bradrick's facebook features her son-in-law......

Peter's wide stance in this one is beyond ridiculous. It's like he's sitting on air.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

I think Betsy and Andrew have 12 children now (based on a photo on her public FB page). Eight of them are girls. The photo of the 12 children was posted 2.5 years ago (March 2013) so although Andrew was convicted of harming one 9yo girl, he would have had a lot of girls of varying ages at his disposal under his own roof. It's hard to say the extent of his damage. Ick, ick, ick.

• Upvote 1

Peter's wide stance in this one is beyond ridiculous. It's like he's sitting on air.

To be fair, I think he is actually sitting down in this. There's what looks like a leg of a bench behind his left leg, and he's holding two small children. Still quite wide, but it might be the best way he found to balance.