IGNORED

Michael Bates Brandon Keilen wedding

19 cats and counting

• Replies 588
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So is Gil a for reals minister or is this one of those JB-like "You may now impregnate my daughter" announcements?

I'm actually not sure, I haven't heard on the show that he was marrying them or anything so probably a JimBoob type announcement.

I'm actually not sure, I haven't heard on the show that he was marrying them or anything so probably a JimBoob type announcement.

He married Alyssa and her husband didn't he?

From what I can see of Michael's dress, it looks very "her." I can't wait to see it for real!

I'm 100% willing to give Jessa a pass on her outfit. It's very hot and she's very pregnant. I've never been pregnant myself, but I've heard that it's terrible in the summer. It's not a dress I'd pick for myself, but she looks fine. As long as Ben isn't pulling a Josh and wearing jeans, I think they're probably okay.

Looks like a good kiss :D And not a dramatic dip-kiss like we've seen at other fundie weddings. Not being harsh here, but why do so many fundies do a dramatic dip for the first kiss? They must be nervous already, and to suddenly be grabbed and forcefully dipped like that in front of a huge crowd sounds kinda terrifying to me. Although that might be why they do it... a simple peck on the lips isn't enough, it has to be a full-on display.

And I love Erin's dress. I think the design is what all the bridesmaids wore. It's a classy style, and different to what the bridesmaids at the previous weddings wore. When I first saw they were going to be wearing brown I thought it meant proper chocolate/poo brown, but it seems to be more of a mocha/coffee colour. Not at all like Alyssa's theme. (I liked the brightness of it, especially compared to the dull navy worn at Smuggar's crapfest, but... it was a bit clash-y.)

From what I can see of Michael's dress, it looks very "her." I can't wait to see it for real!

I'm 100% willing to give Jessa a pass on her outfit. It's very hot and she's very pregnant. I've never been pregnant myself, but I've heard that it's terrible in the summer. It's not a dress I'd pick for myself, but she looks fine. As long as Ben isn't pulling a Josh and wearing jeans, I think they're probably okay.

I loooove her lacy flats. If I hadn't been almost a foot shorter than my DH I would have loved to wear those. But I needed a 3 inch wedge so he wouldn't have to bend down to kiss me....

OK, I see your points about Jessa's dress, but still think it's a little too t-shirty.

Is this David Rodrigues in the background here? instagram.com/p/6aqkWBENAg/

OK, I see your points about Jessa's dress, but still think it's a little too t-shirty.

I was just going to ask this. I think it is.

That is him! I hope Jill does a blog post about the wedding

I loooove her lacy flats. If I hadn't been almost a foot shorter than my DH I would have loved to wear those. But I needed a 3 inch wedge so he wouldn't have to bend down to kiss me....

I have a short SO- like, my height short. I wouldn't want to stoop down to kiss him :lol: I always envisioned myself wearing heels, but I'm really liking those flats.

That is him! I hope Jill does a blog post about the wedding

How does Jill not have an instagram account?! It's specifically for photos- Jill's favorite thing in the whole world!

How does Jill not have an instagram account?! It's specifically for photos- Jill's favorite thing in the whole world!

Inst agraz is for people who like shabby chic, not for shabby people who think they are chic.

(I am not fun y, I don't even know why I try)

His church denomination (non-denominational in evangelical terms is totally a denomination of its own!) probably has quite a relaxed attitude towards lay ministry. It'd imagine he's legally ordained by the state/government but performs the wedding as a lay minister.

American weddings generally seem to be shorter than European ones - in the UK weddings start at midday-ish and last well into the night usually, with a sit-down meal with speeches after the ceremony and then often a buffet when the dancing starts in the evening. There is normally a Champagne/sparkling wine toast, wine with the sit-down meal and then a cash bar in the evening - a cash bar is normal and not considered rude, since Brits are heavy drinkers and a free bar would bankrupt people! This is also why an evening-only invitation in the UK is normal and not considered rude, a lot of people would rather just go to the party and skip the speeches etc.

Jill R. is posting pictures on her FB page.

https://www.facebook.com/rodriguesfamil ... us?fref=ts

Of course she got a pic with Michelle AND made it her profile picture. :roll:

I'm sure she was shopping her eldest girl around with all the eligible Bates and Duggar bachelors. Jill wants to be in that crew sooo bad

Of course she got a pic with Michelle AND made it her profile picture. :roll:

I'm sure she was shopping her eldest girl around with all the eligible Bates and Duggar bachelors. Jill wants to be in that crew sooo bad

And wrote Michaela Bates Wedding - August 15, 2015 in both the caption of the photo AND as a comment on her own photo. Anything to be in the spotlight.

Considering the photogenic Bates and Duggar daughters, you would think Jill R would take the hint and ease off on her daughters' makeup a little. And how long do you think it took after the ceremony for her to make a beeline to the Duggar clan?

Not liking that dress at all! It looks like she put a strapless bra or bikini top over a perfectly fine dress. Nor do I like her hair/veil. Basically I think she looks like a hot mess.

I hope she's happy with her look.

Considering the photogenic Bates and Duggar daughters, you would think Jill R would take the hint and ease off on her daughters' makeup a little. And how long do you think it took after the ceremony for her to make a beeline to the Duggar clan?

I hope she put her foot in her mouth and uncomfortably referenced their recent troubles...(smile). :lol:

Archived