IGNORED

Razing Ruth?

ShepherdontheRock

On 1/8/2018 at 6:50 AM, L1o2u3 said:

The weirdest thing about this though is that my sister and that girl became even better friends after the truth came out! She is her best friend now. But my sister has developed mental health issues too (self-harm, depression I know of, maybe something else too) so maybe that's an explanation. Still I don't get how she forgave her so quickly. 

I saw a documentary from the UK on YouTube about Internet scams and one of the stories that was profiled was about a teenage on the autism spectrum who killed himself after getting one of those fake messages that says that you committed a crime and your computer is being held hostage unless you pay up to the scammers. The boy was so distraught at the idea that he had done something wrong that he committed suicide before his parents even knew what had happened. I’m honestly surprised that there aren’t more stories about teenagers committing suicide or developing serious mental health issues as a result of being catfished and/or emotionally drained from scammers preying on their empathy. Maybe it is very common, but hard to verify in quantititaive figures.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I just got into the AD thread myself and Lord have mercy....

I was here for Burris's meltdown so I knew about that, Razing Ruth I've read enough about that I haven't gotten into her thread here... but I've only ever seen  AD referenced so down the hole I go! 

Down the AD rabbit hole I go. I haven't heard of that one.

The only major shitstorm I was here for was Burris, and I'm not sure I've ever wtf'd so hard about a board story in my life. 

Okay I had to give up in the AD thread and started skipping around because holy crap that was long. So if I'm understanding this all correctly, she was telling the truth about her parents not doing jack for her disabled sister, but lied about actually getting help for it and just kept coming back here for attention instead of taking action?

Archived