IGNORED

Daddy Arndt and the Manboys catch a flick!

JenniferJuniper

It's cool. I just tend to jump to defense mode because the Brony culture is generally made fun of...a lot. Our living room is full of plush ponies and my husband never corrects anyone when they assume that they're mine or that we have a daughter.

Definitely watch the Brony documentary made by John DeLancie. It really gives a good view of the community.

I shall! Thanks!

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I also believe that Mama A strongly believes no woman is good enough for her sons and makes it next to impossible for the manboys to date.

That and who wants to date a man who poses in his parents bedroom with his mom's hand on his belly once a year...Not me

This is where I think Cathy has especially wrought her voodoo on the manboys. I suspect she's extremely invested in her role as a mother, wants to be the woman in her sons' lives. She can't fathom giving this up to a wife. While both she and Rick have obviously have raised the boys to think of getting married "some day" at the same time she's done a lot to prevent that "some day" from ever happening. The idea of their sons getting married is one thing, the reality is quite another. It's wrong IMHO to encourage that "some day" in their minds while actively doing things that prevent it ever happening. And the manboys have bought in the idea that marriage is up to God plopping that perfect someone on their doorstep, so that when they realize that marriage is not going to happen for them, they will chalk it up to God's will when the real problem is their parents.

I am not a "degreed mental health professional"tm :lol: but I read the hand on the belly as a sign of possession. And that's posted online for all to see including any woman who might have some interest in the manboys and think "um, no, this is not a good idea".

Between the overall weirdness displayed online, the controlling parents and the manboys being uber brainwashed, I don't think any of them stand a chance of marrying. Even if one did manage to find someone, that poor wife will have an ongoing battle with Cathy, so it's just as well that none of them marry.

Between the overall weirdness displayed online, the controlling parents and the manboys being uber brainwashed, I don't think any of them stand a chance of marrying. Even if one did manage to find someone, that poor wife will have an ongoing battle with Cathy, so it's just as well that none of them marry.

Indeed, if these guys don't marry or do much with the time they have, we'll see yet another example of a quiver full of arrows that aren't taking flight.

I think this quiver being full of flightless arrows is a good thing. Just my opinion.

I might have been one of the first to speculate on saltpeter in the Arndt well water and I wasn't joking. Saltpeter was a useful tool for armies of energetic, hormonal young men in times past.

Just in case one of the children does experience mutual attraction with a potential spouse, I wouldn't rule out a marriage -- but only after Rick and Cathy have gone to their eternal reward. I was closely acquainted with a family whose 2 sons were dissuaded from at least 3 formal engagements by the mom. One found the courage to marry after the mom passed. The other steadfastly refused to marry as long as his fiancée of >5 years refused to move into the family home with his widowed dad.

The dad told the fiancée privately that it was high time for her and his son to marry and that he'd made arrangements to take apartments at a local old folks home. As it happened, the old gent died at home before he could pack. The couple married within the year and TTBOMK still reside in the rambling family home.

Marriage ages for those guys were 50 and 56, roughly.

Also: I bet I've been to the theatre where they saw the film. Ugh, living in this part of the country is losing its charm.

Overall and if I'm using my rational mind, I agree with you about it being best when the quiver is full of flightless arrows. That being said, I do sort of hold out hope for the Arndt manboys and the Seven Sisters to get together.

i think they wont even marry once the parents ave died..

My former piano teacher did this. She had a long time boyfriend but they didn't get married until after her mom died. Her mom was in her late 80s though when she finally passed, so they were well into their 60s when they finally got married.

My former piano teacher did this. She had a long time boyfriend but they didn't get married until after her mom died. Her mom was in her late 80s though when she finally passed, so they were well into their 60s when they finally got married.

My mom had a good friend who did this too, waiting until her mother passed away before marrying, she was in her 40s. She was living with, and taking care of her mother. Her husband did the same thing with his parents, they met and married after their respective parents' deaths.

The problem with putting things off because of parents is that one can live a very long time waiting to finally live their own life. I personally would not be willing to do it and believe me, my parents would have been totally fine with me and my siblings living under their roof to this day. This is why the Arndts are so fascinating to me, they are the prime example (sans large number of kids) that my FOO would look like if my parents voodoo completely worked.

I know the Arndts are at least involved with a fundie-ish (at least strict conservative Christian) church. I know they have good friends from there that they talk to a lot via email/phone. It is a bit away from their home though so I don't think it's a regular every sunday thing.

I hadn't heard much about this family so I looked them up. Holy crap!

This nice site of profiles (I hope I broke this link correctly)

famteam.com/newfamilyprofiles.html

Totally crazy. Nice pictures of these babies and little kids until I saw the dates. The baby was born in 2003? So that baby is 12 and this hasn't been updated in 12 years? Only the youngest 3 are under 18. WTF. Can someone give me a more recent rabbit hole I can fall into? These people must be crazy!

I hadn't heard much about this family so I looked them up. Holy crap!

This nice site of profiles (I hope I broke this link correctly)

famteam.com/newfamilyprofiles.html

Totally crazy. Nice pictures of these babies and little kids until I saw the dates. The baby was born in 2003? So that baby is 12 and this hasn't been updated in 12 years? Only the youngest 3 are under 18. WTF. Can someone give me a more recent rabbit hole I can fall into? These people must be crazy!

Yeah, once I got to the kids born in the early 1990s (i.e. the ones around my age) it was very apparent how ond this was.

Good find, though, I knew they had kidults living at home but only 3 of them are still under 18 and in 6 years all of them will be adults (in name only). :pink-shock:

Cathy's kinda defrauding in that pic of her.

Yeah, once I got to the kids born in the early 1990s (i.e. the ones around my age) it was very apparent how ond this was.

Good find, though, I knew they had kidults living at home but only 3 of them are still under 18 and in 6 years all of them will be adults (in name only). :pink-shock:

Cathy's kinda defrauding in that pic of her.

ha, I hadn't noticed Cathy. Lots of leg there. :-p

The oldest one was born in 1980, so he's older than me, I was born in 81. So I'm older than all the rest of them. I lived at home for about a year - I think I was 25 - but I was treated like an adult. I can't even imagine how they have no problem with this!

Yee-ah.....Much as I've used Snopes, I don't consider them the final word on everything, and this is one of those. I'll rephrase my earlier to limit the use offend stuff to 1865 & earlier.

What do I know? I have (thankfully) never met them and hope I won't. The temptation to go into full-interrogation mode would be irresistible! I do think they're putting something in the water.

Re: curiosity about their worship community--several years ago they seemed to describe a home church at their place. Obviously that could've changed, a lot.

They are someplace in the Metro East STL area. I'm betting someplace a little further out seeing the size of their property.

They're in Mascoutah im pretty sure. At least they go to the joann's fabrics in Mascoutah

Yee-ah.....Much as I've used Snopes, I don't consider them the final word on everything, and this is one of those. I'll rephrase my earlier to limit the use offend stuff to 1865 & earlier.

What do I know? I have (thankfully) never met them and hope I won't. The temptation to go into full-interrogation mode would be irresistible! I do think they're putting something in the water.

Re: curiosity about their worship community--several years ago they seemed to describe a home church at their place. Obviously that could've changed, a lot.

Straight Dope is pretty reliable. And Snopes cites sources at the bottom. They weren't the only two sources that say this isn't true, just the ones I thought said it concisely.

The more I read (or don't read) about the Arndts, the creepier they get. Stopping to think about how two parents get so many grown men to have no sex drive or desire to do anything they don't like is pretty disturbing. Yes, it's easy to look at their happy and easygoing nature and forget about how weird it all is, but seriously. It's creeping me the fuck out now.

There are so many things about the Arndts that individually aren't that weird. They have a running family joke with the penguins. They all play together on a softball team. They built a duck pond behind the house. None of those things are weird or unusual on their own. But when you stack them all up in the same place, it gets weird.

And it's weird that they seem to only want to do things with each other. There was a post one time about two or three of the adult manboys driving by Lambeau Field on game day. They went on and on about how much fun it was to drive by and see all the people tailgating in the parking lots. It doesn't seem to have crossed their minds that the could have stopped and walked around the parking lot or tried to buy tickets and go to the game. Nope, it was just so super duper fun to drive by with their brother(s). That's all the fun that was to be had there.

Whoa -- I'm no photography critic, but these look really good to me! And non-fundie weddings! You're right, how can the guys not be affected? It just makes the whole scene curiouser and curiouser. Those jokes about saltpeter are starting to seem less like jokes...

There are almost always single women at weddings and being the photographer gives them a reason to talk to them and an easy in for some flirting. The photographer usually spends at least a couple hours with the bridal party which usually also includes some single women. Everyone tends to be in a good, friendly mood. There are plenty of pretty bridesmaids in those photos. Did any of them ever think of chatting up one of those bridesmaids?

There are almost always single women at weddings and being the photographer gives them a reason to talk to them and an easy in for some flirting. The photographer usually spends at least a couple hours with the bridal party which usually also includes some single women. Everyone tends to be in a good, friendly mood. There are plenty of pretty bridesmaids in those photos. Did any of them ever think of chatting up one of those bridesmaids?

They are nice young men who chat with everyone! I'm sure they've talked to women who find them attractive and who they find attractive. They also go to a co-ed gym where I'm sure the same thing happens.

This is the wonder of the Arndts. Nothing ever materializes.

As for the saltpeter, even if it did work, Mommy and Daddy don't need no stinkin' drug! They are master brainwashers whose techniques are as mysterious as they are effective.

The Arndts are my favorites! I'm happy to see a new thread on them. When I started reading around on FJ, I started with the Arndts (alphabetically, of course) and I thought they were delightfully weird. They are so srrange but I don't feel like they are hurting anyone with their lifestyle (from what I've seen...) and they seem to be happy people who like being around each other and they have fun. The opposite of the Maxwells, basically.

Straight Dope is pretty reliable. And Snopes cites sources at the bottom. They weren't the only two sources that say this isn't true, just the ones I thought said it concisely.

Duly noted, my friend. :-)

And it's weird that they seem to only want to do things with each other. There was a post one time about two or three of the adult manboys driving by Lambeau Field on game day. They went on and on about how much fun it was to drive by and see all the people tailgating in the parking lots. It doesn't seem to have crossed their minds that the could have stopped and walked around the parking lot or tried to buy tickets and go to the game. Nope, it was just so super duper fun to drive by with their brother(s). That's all the fun that was to be had there.

In all fairness to the manboys, getting same-day tickets to a Packers game would be a real challenge.

Just for fun, I searched for 'penguin@gmail' into the Ashley Madison email finder and to my shock that address was listed... maybe the Arndt boys do get up to some shenanigans after all? LOL. :wink-penguin:

(ETA - I am joking here... I have no reason to believe that penguin address belongs to an Arndt man child, other than their odd fascination with penguins.)

Have you seen the picture of Caleb using a screwdriver on a light switch plate while Cathy is on her hands and knees right in front of that wall? If he turns around we'll get a good idea of what it looked like when he was conceived. White shorts and all.

Have you seen the picture of Caleb using a screwdriver on a light switch plate while Cathy is on her hands and knees right in front of that wall? If he turns around we'll get a good idea of what it looked like when he was conceived. White shorts and all.

I swear, Kathy wears that same outfit in 70% of their pictures, and the white shorty shorts are in 90% of the pictures. Just one more very weird thing about this family.

I swear, Kathy wears that same outfit in 70% of their pictures, and the white shorty shorts are in 90% of the pictures. Just one more very weird thing about this family.

She does love her almost daisy dukes.

But let's face it. For someone in her late 50's who birthed 14 babies, she rocks those repetitive white shorts.

Archived