IGNORED

Daddy Arndt and the Manboys catch a flick!

JenniferJuniper

"Daddy Arndt and the Manboys" sounds like the name of the opening act on '80s Night at a gay bar.

:lol:

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I usually read Arndt threads light heartedly and ready for a laugh. But that post with the ages added in really creeped me the fuck out this time. I am quite uncomfortable and disturbed right now. This family is a twilight zone that never comes back to reality. In the core of my being I believe that the circumstances in this family will never change in any way. Until maybe mom and dad are both dead? Probably not even then. Shudder.

The Arndt men boys should become bronies. Bro/nies are guys (bros) that love the My Little Pony series of movies, TV shows and merchandise etc.

If they're having difficulty finding suitable movies to watch, My Little Pony should be safe enough. And all those pretty colours and happy horsies!!

From Wikipedia:

My Little Pony: Friendship Is Magic, was well received by parents, but found another unexpected target audience through the Internet image board 4chan amongst males, many of whom are adults. Quickly expanding through the Internet, the fandom came to use the term "brony" (a portmanteau of "bro" and "pony") to describe themselves.The brony fandom is attributed to Faust and her creative team for including strong characters, cross-generational appeal, cultural references, the show's expressive Flash-based animation, and the ability for the showrunners to communicate and reciprocate with the fandom, such as including fan-derived elements within the show.[8][9][10] Hasbro was initially caught off-guard by this surprise demographic but have since come to embrace it, leveraging licensing deals to market clothes, media, and other merchandise beyond toys to the older audience.

There was a documentary released a year or so ago "Bronies: The Extremely Unexpected Adult Fans of My Little Pony.". From Wikipedia again:

Much of the production was done with the questions "Why are 20-year-old guys watching a cartoon intended for 10-year-old girls? And, why does society have a problem with that?" in mind

I (33) convinced a "friend" (30) to see Inside Out with me. Neither of us have children. We went to a matinee on the weekend. Sold out. Mostly Children. She LITERALLY talked all the way through the film. And used SWEAR WORDS IN A ROOM FULL OF CHILDREN. I was so irritated.

I should have known. She has a history of sort of watching fut not really watching and asking absurd questions mid screening.

Anyway. Good Movie. Sorry Man Children.

I (33) convinced a "friend" (30) to see Inside Out with me. Neither of us have children. We went to a matinee on the weekend. Sold out. Mostly Children. She LITERALLY talked all the way through the film. And used SWEAR WORDS IN A ROOM FULL OF CHILDREN. I was so irritated.

I should have known. She has a history of sort of watching fut not really watching and asking absurd questions mid screening.

Anyway. Good Movie. Sorry Man Children.

Maggie Mae I love your puffin avatar. It always makes me think of a puffin poem.

There Once Was a Puffin

Oh, there once was a Puffin

Just the shape of a muffin,

And he lived on an island

In the bright blue sea!

He ate little fishes,

That were most delicious,

And he had them for supper

And he had them for tea.

But this poor little Puffin,

He couldn’t play nothin’,

For he hadn’t anybody

To play with at all.

So he sat on his island,

And he cried for awhile, and

He felt very lonely,

And he felt very small.

Then along came the fishes,

And they said, “If you wishes,

You can have us for playmates,

Instead of for tea!â€

So they now play together,

In all sorts of weather,

And the Puffin eats pancakes,

Like you and like me.

I had it in a book when I was a kid :D

The Arndt men boys should become bronies. Bro/nies are guys (bros) that love the My Little Pony series of movies, TV shows and merchandise etc.

If they're having difficulty finding suitable movies to watch, My Little Pony should be safe enough. And all those pretty colours and happy horsies!!

From Wikipedia:

There was a documentary released a year or so ago "Bronies: The Extremely Unexpected Adult Fans of My Little Pony.". From Wikipedia again:

With the internet filtering software they probably use, being Bronies would probably not be a bad thing for them :lol:

With the internet filtering software they probably use, being Bronies would probably not be a bad thing for them :lol:

Not all cartoons are created equal.The new My Little Pony themes of tolerance, rainbows, and girl power would be considered subversive in the Arndt household.

From Wikipedia:

my husband and I are proud of our MLP love. We're both in our 30s.

Maggie Mae I love your puffin avatar. It always makes me think of a puffin poem.

There Once Was a Puffin

Oh, there once was a Puffin

Just the shape of a muffin,

And he lived on an island

In the bright blue sea!

He ate little fishes,

That were most delicious,

And he had them for supper

And he had them for tea.

But this poor little Puffin,

He couldn’t play nothin’,

For he hadn’t anybody

To play with at all.

So he sat on his island,

And he cried for awhile, and

He felt very lonely,

And he felt very small.

Then along came the fishes,

And they said, “If you wishes,

You can have us for playmates,

Instead of for tea!â€

So they now play together,

In all sorts of weather,

And the Puffin eats pancakes,

Like you and like me.

I had it in a book when I was a kid :D

I like Puffins. I wish they were easier to find in the wild though. Little guys like to live on the side of rocky cliffs and not in my back yard.

I don't understand your question.

Furries are fans interested in anthropomorphic animal characters, often of their own creation. Mr. No and I are not furries but we personally know a few folks who are. Mr. No does custom artwork and some of them request artwork of their own characters.

Furries are fans interested in anthropomorphic animal characters, often of their own creation. Mr. No and I are not furries but we personally know a few folks who are. Mr. No does custom artwork and some of them request artwork of their own characters.

I've never gotten to go to Bronycon, but there are people who create their own OCs. I have to admit it's a very talented fandom in the Cosplays, songs, videos, cartoons, drawings, and toys made by the fans.

The 100th episode for MLP:FIM focused on the background ponies, Dr Whooves in particular. The writers definitely listen to what the fans want.

I don't see the problem in adults enjoying a show that is well written and has good clean values just because it happens to be animated.

I fully respect all walks of life , been on secondlife for years myself between a vast bronie, furrie, gorean, arty farty , musicians , actors etc population... That being said i do have problems with people who are " serving " us with their only and holy worldview .. I so love this site ..

I usually read Arndt threads light heartedly and ready for a laugh. But that post with the ages added in really creeped me the fuck out this time. I am quite uncomfortable and disturbed right now. This family is a twilight zone that never comes back to reality. In the core of my being I believe that the circumstances in this family will never change in any way. Until maybe mom and dad are both dead? Probably not even then. Shudder.

I envision a Norman Bates situation as the endgame here. But there will be about a dozen Normans. Wizzy needs to escape or she will be the new "Mother".

I envision a Norman Bates situation as the endgame here. But there will be about a dozen Normans. Wizzy needs to escape or she will be the new "Mother".

yeah, I think the plan is that they all stay together forever on their semi-isolated property. Mom and Dad are obsessed with workouts and calories - for the boys as well as themselves and Wizzie - and I think they are planning on living a long time. When they do start failing, they'll have lots of care givers for themselves and caretakers for the property. In 50 years, when the boys have started dying off, the younger brothers will watch and wait their turns, like the 10 little monkeys jumping on Mommy's bed.

I did have some hope that Wizzie would be allowed to marry an acceptable, nice fundie boy, but I'm doubting that now too. I think Rick - and Cathy to an extent - are just selfish assholes. Rick has created his own version of J-slaves by having his kids do all the work while he lives in Vine Valley fantasy land. It's not about Jesus - it's all about Rick.

I know I'm interested in the Arndts' due to proximity of my hometown, but I keep wishing that Wizzie would escape & go to SIU Carbondale for college. It's a good school, go, join a sorority, camp in the woods with friends, & meet boys YOU AREN'T RELATED TO!

Free Wizzie!

Personally, I think that if none of the man-boys is married by the time the youngest turns 20, none of them ever will. That's just 7 and a half years from now, and the oldest man-boys will be in their 40s by then.

I know I'm interested in the Arndts' due to proximity of my hometown, but I keep wishing that Wizzie would escape & go to SIU Carbondale for college. It's a good school, go, join a sorority, camp in the woods with friends, & meet boys YOU AREN'T RELATED TO!

Free Wizzie!

I just started following these people. They are in southern Illinois?!

Not all cartoons are created equal.The new My Little Pony themes of tolerance, rainbows, and girl power would be considered subversive in the Arndt household.

This is why I'm surprised that they would go to a Pixar movie, as many of them have themes that would be considered subversive, like spunky princesses, standing up to illegitimate authority, and disobeying your parents if they're being unreasonable. The older Disney movies like Snow White, Cinderella, and Sleeping Beauty with their traditional gender roles seem like they would be more suitable for fundies, although I'm sure they'd find something to complain about with them too.

I just started following these people. They are in southern Illinois?!

They are someplace in the Metro East STL area. I'm betting someplace a little further out seeing the size of their property.

They are someplace in the Metro East STL area. I'm betting someplace a little further out seeing the size of their property.

[emoji32] too close for comfort.

I was thinking more of some weird VC Andrews type stuff.

How are you seeing these posts? Am I completely incompetent at navigating their website?

Penguins in the Attic?

[emoji32] too close for comfort.

either the video business or the court reporting business gives their address... i'm not going to go find it again nor post it, but it is available.

They say they are ~ 15 minutes from downtown St. louis.

Archived