IGNORED

Daddy Arndt and the Manboys catch a flick!

JenniferJuniper

After my return to the house, I made plans with Seth to do a bit of “golden hour†filming for Vine Valley. We agreed to leave the house at 5:20, but when that time came, the skies were somewhat cloudy. It was at about this time that Seth [age 23] and I switched gears and joined John [age 33], Mark [age 32], Luke [age 30], and Nathan [a mere child of 20] for a movie outing. We drove over to south St. Louis County, where we caught an early showing of the latest Pixar film (Inside Out). We rarely find a current film that is not objectionable in some way, and it was refreshing for us to watch this one.

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I was hoping it was inside out! I wonder if the movie made any of the boywonders start thinking outside of bunkbeds and vine valley and famteam ....

Were the ages included in his original post?

No. (brackets)

Daddy doesn't want us to be reminded of anyone's age anymore.

The more I read (or don't read) about the Arndts, the creepier they get. Stopping to think about how two parents get so many grown men to have no sex drive or desire to do anything they don't like is pretty disturbing. Yes, it's easy to look at their happy and easygoing nature and forget about how weird it all is, but seriously. It's creeping me the fuck out now.

The more I read (or don't read) about the Arndts, the creepier they get. Stopping to think about how two parents get so many grown men to have no sex drive or desire to do anything they don't like is pretty disturbing. Yes, it's easy to look at their happy and easygoing nature and forget about how weird it all is, but seriously. It's creeping me the fuck out now.

As I've said before Cath has had them all castrated. :wink-penguin:

No. (brackets)

Gotta wonder if he and the family are getting some serious questions about why all these guys are still at home. Perhaps they are finally getting that people think their family setup is a tad weird?

Not that it will be cause for Rick and Cathy to think that maybe it's time for some of the manboys to go off on their own. And none of them would leave even if Rick and Cathy flung open the doors of the prison family home and said "ok you can go now". Besides the older ones are Rick's retirement plan, they work while he films his "eternal project".

They're manufacturing saltpeter on site. Everyone gets a liberal dose daily.

Has anyone ever read the Agatha Christie book with the controlling mother who never lets any of the children really grow up? They all do exactly as she says and they all live at home with her even in their 30's. She makes sure that their entire life revolves around her. Families like the Arndts remind me of that book.

Has anyone ever read the Agatha Christie book with the controlling mother who never lets any of the children really grow up? They all do exactly as she says and they all live at home with her even in their 30's. She makes sure that their entire life revolves around her. Families like the Arndts remind me of that book.

haven't read it but now trying to decide if I should read it or leave it alone because it may creep me out too much!

Would that be Appointment with Death, one of Christie's murder abroad books? It seems like there were a lot of controlling mothers in Agatha Christie. Probably had something to do with my devouring all of them in my teens.

No. (brackets)

Thank you. I really wondered why Dad would be so proudly announcing their ages.

Would that be Appointment with Death, one of Christie's murder abroad books? It seems like there were a lot of controlling mothers in Agatha Christie. Probably had something to do with my devouring all of them in my teens.

That was the one! I couldn't remember the name, just that she was super controlling and all her adult children still acted like little kids.

" We rarely find a current film that is not objectionable in some way..." for 33-, 32-, and 30-year-old men. Got it.

Now, now. I just saw a movie last week in which the mother of the family wore white short shorts ALL THE TIME, and the adult children living at home would have birthday parties in their parents' bed. No one should ever be exposed to such disturbing things.

I was thinking more of some weird VC Andrews type stuff.

How are you seeing these posts? Am I completely incompetent at navigating their website?

There's something in their well water. Just has to be.

I... just.. WHAT? I'm in my 30s and I like some Disney/Pixar movies, but I also thoroughly enjoyed Magic Mike without a chaperone. I'm guessing this movie was too mature for anyone younger than 20? Most 33-year-old men at a showing of a Disney movie are accompanying their own children. Children of actual child age. I hope they at least got to go to Toys R Us afterwards to pick up some of the Inside Out plushies and toys for the penguins to play with. I mean, if the other toys (Barbie - whore!) weren't too scandalous.

Seriously, WTF is going on on the Arndt compound?

I... just.. WHAT? I'm in my 30s and I like some Disney/Pixar movies, but I also thoroughly enjoyed Magic Mike without a chaperone. I'm guessing this movie was too mature for anyone younger than 20? Most 33-year-old men at a showing of a Disney movie are accompanying their own children. Children of actual child age. I hope they at least got to go to Toys R Us afterwards to pick up some of the Inside Out plushies and toys for the penguins to play with. I mean, if the other toys (Barbie - whore!) weren't too scandalous.

Seriously, WTF is going on on the Arndt compound?

Well, that's the thing. I cried all the way through Toy Story 3 (with my kids looking at me like I was insane) but I mostly enjoy adult things. Movies, conversation, activities. Beverages.

The Arndt men are sailing towards middle age and their father is still censoring what they watch and insisting all content be pure and innocent.

There are no words.

OK, that made me think of the Heaven's Gate Group. Some were in fact castrated, and they slept in bunkbeds. They did tech work for the group to earn money. They made videos.

I doubt any of our fundies will commit suicide, but cults tend to have a lot of similarities, don't they.

Seth is plunking away on the xylophone.

:angry-soapbox:

Hey, Dad! Why don't you stop wasting time posting meaningless phrases and links to articles of paranoia on your blog and actually help your grown sons achieve autonomy! and finally finish Vine Valley while you're at it!

Well, that's the thing. I cried all the way through Toy Story 3 (with my kids looking at me like I was insane) but I mostly enjoy adult things. Movies, conversation, activities. Beverages.

The Arndt men are sailing towards middle age and their father is still censoring what they watch and insisting all content be pure and innocent.

There are no words.

Re: the bolded this is another thing I have wondered about the Arndt manboys, the older ones in particular: that why they haven't figured out that life is passing them by. Look around and see that they are living the same life, day after day, year after year, and nothing has materialized as far as getting married, having a family or whatever else it is they hope to do. That maybe, just maybe it's up to them to make the move rather than just following what Mommy and Daddy say? Or even figuring out that maybe Mommy and Daddy are the problem?

Hell, even my two sisters in my Maxwellian family realized in their 30s that if they were going to live the lives they envisioned for themselves, maybe they ought to do something about it.

ETA: Obviously they haven't done the above, they all seem content or maybe they are just too damn afraid, but still it's just mind boggling that not even one has rebelled or anything.

They are just weirdly fascinating...those creepy pics with mommy and her hand placed firmly on the boys bellies...

My instinctive thought, if I saw an older man bringing adult men of different ages to an animated film, is that they were developmentally disabled and were having a movie outing on their level.

"Daddy Arndt and the Manboys" sounds like the name of the opening act on '80s Night at a gay bar.

Archived