IGNORED

Did Charlie Make a Monkey Out of You?

Effie

Lol. First I thought that this was going to be about Charlie Sheen. Is this video supposed to be a parody or are they being serious. I really hope it is the former, although I kind of doubt it. Either way, the song is now stuck in my head!

Meh, the alternative, coming from a rib of a man who came from mud, isn't really that convincing. Creationists who think it's just hilarious or insulting that we came from "monkeys" (not actually true anyway) have no right to complain when they believe people came from dirt.

Meh, the alternative, coming from a rib of a man who came from mud, isn't really that convincing. Creationists who think it's just hilarious or insulting that we came from "monkeys" (not actually true anyway) have no right to complain when they believe people came from dirt.

I know right! Haha I love this: "Coming from a rib of a man who came from mud, isn't really that convincing."

Who is Charlie anyway (I mean Charlie in the song)?

I am pretty sure they are talking about Charles Darwin. (Or Charlie Sheen, maybe they were ahead of their time pop culturally to make up for their being a few hundred years behind the time scientifically.

so it is ok to think you came from a handful of dirt that would have bugs and larvae and poop and other crap in it? no wonder people are so screwed up.

All country songs sound the same to me, I have a tin ear ;)

What was the angel showing them on the whiteboard? My smartphone couldn't tell.

All country songs sound the same to me, I have a tin ear ;)

Heh! I don't think it's a tin ear, I think it's the fact that country music sucks in general. It all sounds the same to me, too. Throw together pickup trucks, beer, American flag, cute girl for various purposes (sex, raising my kids on my farm, etc.) and you have 99% of the country music that's been created since about 1975.

Guest Anonymous

Aaaaah, no. Must defend country music. I am not at all the right demographic but I love me some Dixie Chicks, Loretta Lynn, Dolly Parton, Reba MacIntyre (spelling?), George Jones, Kenny Rogers, Conway Twitty, Kenny Chesney (yum), Alan Jackson, Martina McBride, etc. etc. etc.

Yes, you have to wade through a lot of crap to find the good stuff, but that's true of any genre. Country music also has a great tradition of women writing songs with feminist lyrics. (Harper Valley PTA is a fun song for when you get fed up with the modesty-bloggers.)

so it is ok to think you came from a handful of dirt that would have bugs and larvae and poop and other crap in it? no wonder people are so screwed up.

Or to think that god didn't understand how human reproduction worked. Reread Genesis. When god realized that Adam was lonely, he brought the animals to him to see if any of them could help his loneliness. After Adam rejected an animal companion, god made Eve. Seriously, read the bible. that is what it says!

I have no problem with people believing the biblical creation account has truth on a allegorical level, but I find it hard to comprehend how anyone could think that Genesis is literally true.

Ah, totally! It's one of a few genres which all sound identical to me. Willing to have a listen to any song but country, like jazz, I can't distinguish between.

But my dad says the same about rap, he can't tell the difference, whereas I find it endlessly inventive and moving...

Nice video,makes so much sense. I am sure it will change everyone's mind to creationism. All 3 of my kids are reading Darwin right now, I am going to show them this video, they will get a good laugh.

Archived