IGNORED

Bradrick! is back

Marian the Librarian

So I was looking through Bradrick Facebook pages to try to find a photo of Shepherd, and I must say I’m shocked by photographer Stephen! I know someone on FJ had mentioned a bikini shoot, but I hadn’t see it until just now. Hilarious that 68 people “liked†it, but not one Bradrick!

facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10153369257567698&set=a.10152799365407698.1073741827.536797697&type=1&theater

Apparently the height of rebellion in this family is posing with an unlit cigarette in your mouth. Maybe Stephen’s terbacky-farmin’ in-law Scott gave it to him.

facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10152417201307698&set=yo.536797697.2014.www_timeline.&type=1&theater

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply
So I was looking through Bradrick Facebook pages to try to find a photo of Shepherd, and I must say I’m shocked by photographer Stephen! I know someone on FJ had mentioned a bikini shoot, but I hadn’t see it until just now. Hilarious that 68 people “liked†it, but not one Bradrick!

facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10153369257567698&set=a.10152799365407698.1073741827.536797697&type=1&theater

Apparently the height of rebellion in this family is posing with an unlit cigarette in your mouth. Maybe Stephen’s terbacky-farmin’ in-law Scott gave it to him.

facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10152417201307698&set=yo.536797697.2014.www_timeline.&type=1&theater

Looks like he also did Jasmine (Baucham) Holmes' engagement photo shoot: facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10152799383717698&set=yo.536797697.2014.www_timeline.&type=3&theater

I can't believe I'm about to write this, but I have developed a soft spot where Peter is concerned. I genuinely feel badly for him- he was born into a crazy religion, married a girl with an even crazier fundie father, and his mentor was DPIAT/R! The fact the owned up to some of the things he'd done wrong and fled his fil's compound, and now works at a real job- I just hope he finds some success in the more secular world.

Oh, and why hasn't someone scooped up Stephan Bradrick?!

I can't believe I'm about to write this, but I have developed a soft spot where Peter is concerned. I genuinely feel badly for him- he was born into a crazy religion, married a girl with an even crazier fundie father, and his mentor was DPIAT/R! The fact the owned up to some of the things he'd done wrong and fled his fil's compound, and now works at a real job- I just hope he finds some success in the more secular world.

I feel the same, but I still can't resist mocking him at times.

Looks like his brother is having a little too much fun to get married yet. Who can blame him, after everything he's seen?

I agree. Ever since Tool O'Ween and finding out about Bradrick!'s shock and dismay regarding his former mentor, I have developed a soft spot for him as well.

I realize that his parents are pretty fundy, but I hope that all that has taken place the past couple of years will cause Peter and Kelly to reevaluate a lot of things in their life and forge their own path (and maybe practice birth control?).

ETA: Anyone else think that Nattie Darnell's comment comes off as kind of dickish? Or am I just reading it wrong?

ETA: Anyone else think that Nattie Darnell's comment comes off as kind of dickish? Or am I just reading it wrong?

Well, it's Nattie Darnell, so it could be that he was trying to be dickish, trying to be funny but coming off as dickish, trying to be nice and supportive, and coming off as dickish . . .

I just think it's funny that he mentioned the Amazon!

Maybe he wishes that Peter would sell sweaty, manly anaconda-hunting adventures, instead of houses.

I agree. Ever since Tool O'Ween and finding out about Bradrick!'s shock and dismay regarding his former mentor, I have developed a soft spot for him as well.

I realize that his parents are pretty fundy, but I hope that all that has taken place the past couple of years will cause Peter and Kelly to reevaluate a lot of things in their life and forge their own path (and maybe practice birth control?).

Oh, I don't think you're reading it wrong. Remember, Nathaniel left VF long before Dougie's fall, and there was some bad blood there. He's rubbing a little salt in Peter's wounds, like, "Couldn't you see what a fraud this guy was?"

Also, Peter seems to be distancing himself from Dominionism/Reconstructionism, while Darnell clings to it ever more tightly, so there's probably some passive-aggressive stuff going on there, too.

In another thread someone number six was named Shepherd Thomas, but like you, I've not seen a picture, which is odd. Hope if there was a number 6 that he survived and is OK>

Birth was announced by Scott Brown here ncfic.org/blog/posts/2014_progress_report (May 24, 2014)

Very odd no pictures of him on facebook or anywhere else, when his siblings are prominently featured.

I've seen pictures of Shepherd.....he's very much alive ;-) and quite adorable.

And seriously with Stephen B, he is really nice looking. I think he looks like a cross between Peter and that guy that did The Bachelor twice.

Hipster conservative evangelicals (which the Bradricks will know in abundance in the PNW) toootally talk about having hot spouses, especially men talking about their hot godly wives. Reformed fundies eg the Coghlans would also say stuff like that, so I can't imagine that Bradrick! hadn't heard that kind of talk before.

Twin2, you know his real estate page lists his CELL PHONE NUMBER. Times sure are a-changin' when BRADRICK!'s number is at hand and you are not creating a magnificent prank!

Say whaaaaaaaaaat??????

I need to pay more attention to details!

Hipster conservative evangelicals (which the Bradricks will know in abundance in the PNW) toootally talk about having hot spouses, especially men talking about their hot godly wives. Reformed fundies eg the Coghlans would also say stuff like that, so I can't imagine that Bradrick! hadn't heard that kind of talk before.

Yep, out in the PNW, it's the "Driscoll Effect" and in the VF warehouse it was the "Presbys Can Drink and Do Other Fun Stuff Effect."

Man I am fascinated to see if the Bradricks go hipster fundie/con evo, but Peter seems a bit too straight-laced for that. Bit too into the khakis and I can't see him getting into beard oils and arrow tattoos. I don't know enough about Kelly to say if she would.

I feel the same, but I still can't resist mocking him at times.

Looks like his brother is having a little too much fun to get married yet. Who can blame him, after everything he's seen?

Can I just say- whenever DomWackTroll responds to something I write, I feel like a giddy little school girl!! To me, you are a legend!!

Can I just say- whenever DomWackTroll responds to something I write, I feel like a giddy little school girl!! To me, you are a legend!!

Aw, you make me feel like an exploited Haitian orphan in the arms of a delusional neo-Confederate. Thanks!

72493014_295x166.jpg

Color me unimpressed. Bradrick and the other manly men from the now defunct VF can fuck themselves. Anything they have gone through is nothing compared to the suffering of women and children in fundamentalist patriarchal Christianity. They have a lot to answer for.

So if Peter is out in the real world, does that mean that his wife now can use some kind of birth control or family planning so she doesn't have to get pregnant every year?

Or does he just want business from heathens but his wife must still be submissive and available with her womb wide open, just waiting for sperms from her Manly Man?

Color me unimpressed. Bradrick and the other manly men from the now defunct VF can fuck themselves. Anything they have gone through is nothing compared to the suffering of women and children in fundamentalist patriarchal Christianity. They have a lot to answer for.

@!&% yes. Dragging her to Europe after a c-section where she had to be careflighted iirc and then none of the guys/fundies were concerned enough to make supportive comments in her updates, where she said she was happy to be alive. :censor2:

I've seen pictures of Shepherd.....he's very much alive ;-) and quite adorable.

And seriously with Stephen B, he is really nice looking. I think he looks like a cross between Peter and that guy that did The Bachelor twice.

:lol: YES! ita, at first i thought you meant Jake but i was wrong, it was Brad that was on twice. Both of them mundane (imo) and egotistical (esp. Jake, good grief); interchangeable. Strikingly similar to fundies :D

ETA: Anna Duggar crawled under a desk while being pregnant though. Because Smuggar couldn´t be arsed to get up so Anna could get to her seat.

when did this happen???? :pink-shock: :pink-shock: :pink-shock:

when did this happen???? :pink-shock: :pink-shock: :pink-shock:

Not too long before they moved to DC (or wherever they ended up). They had company over, possibly Priss and Davey. Everyone was seated when Anna got up to get something, perhaps to replace a dropped fork, or get a salt shaker, or something else. Josh had plopped his butt down and was blocking her way and it apparently didn't occur to her to ask him to either get up so she could get by, or go get the item himself.

Obviously, Josh wouldn't think of it himself since he has a penis. Anna solved the problem by crawling under something. It's been awhile, but that's how I remember the incident. I didn't see the show, but I remember people talking about it.

Yep, thanks @Flossie that was it! I don´t remember the exact episode though.It was a table in the kitchen when the Pecans were staying over.

Anna was all like "Yep, just me... crawling under the table... with my meek spirit and my baby..." :roll:

I do think we have to give him some credit...at the very least he has a sense of humor and really did get a job that requires him to interact with all kinds of people. That is huge in my book since isolationism is a trademark of these fundies. I hope, as I do for all of them that they can step back, evaluate what they had been taught and slowly change their worldview to include some more reasonable trains of thought....I try and remember it took years to indoctrinate this, it will take time to undo it.

I do think we have to give him some credit...at the very least he has a sense of humor and really did get a job that requires him to interact with all kinds of people. That is huge in my book since isolationism is a trademark of these fundies. I hope, as I do for all of them that they can step back, evaluate what they had been taught and slowly change their worldview to include some more reasonable trains of thought....I try and remember it took years to indoctrinate this, it will take time to undo it.

While my better self wants to agree with you, my lesser self just wants to go "stick with the day-job, 'cause your poetry is shite".

I'm going to show myself to the prayer closet, for being concerned about rhyming, when he has kids to feed.

@!&% yes. Dragging her to Europe after a c-section where she had to be careflighted iirc and then none of the guys/fundies were concerned enough to make supportive comments in her updates, where she said she was happy to be alive. :censor2:

That's was absolutely insane about her going to Europe so soon after a c-section. She was lucky and what galled me was how so many of the people around her who totally clueless about her situation. It made very concerned for her life overall. I alway thought that Kelly Bradrick was a walking cautionary tale to any fundie SAHD about being very careful for what they wish for. It's not that great to marry into (then) fundie royalty and then pop out a ton of babies in short order.

While I can give Bradrick! credit for getting a real world job, and he seemed truly shocked over the DPIAT situation, it also bears remembering that he only did it because of the VF implosion. Had Dougie's various indiscretions not come out, it's likely that VF would still be around and he would still remain at the right hand of Dougie. Still who would have thought that, out of all the fundies we discuss here possibly escaping fundiedom, who would have thought it would be Bradrick! And it would be his mentor's shenanigans that brought it about.

Archived