IGNORED

Bradrick! is back

Marian the Librarian

Peter Bradrick has come out of hiding, is back on Facebook, and trying to drum up some real estate business:

Howdy friends in Facebook Town,

It’s been a while since I’ve been 'round.

So I thought I’d tell you why I’m here

Because it’s not to yack and jeer.

Some folks are here for cats and food,

Some folks are here to do no good,

Some folks are here to find a mate,

But I’m here to sell REAL ESTATE!

Now my kids are cute and my wife is hot,

And our life is fun, but our bills are not.

So please stay tuned and every third post

Will remind you who sells homes the most!

Wait, wait don't go! It’s not so bad.

You wouldn’t have noticed if I hadn’t said!

You'll think it's natural, wait and see …

Like, "For selling houses, COME SEE ME!"

So the secret’s out and the game is on.

Watch your feed for my marathon:

Cute kid … Cute kid … Cute kid … POW!

“HERE’S WHEN TO SELL YOUR HOUSE, AND HOW!â€

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Amusing, but not in such a way as to inspire me to hire him.

Do we know if the hot wife is pregnant with the 7th cute kid?

I am only counting 5 kids in his pictures.... but no full body shot of his wife.

No clue. But I did note his use of the term "hot." Definitely not approved fundie-speak. :naughty:

Anyone remember the good ol' days, when "sturdy" was the most sought-after quality in a wife?? Some of the sheep appear to have strayed...

No clue. But I did note his use of the term "hot." Definitely not approved fundie-speak. :naughty:

Anyone remember the good ol' days, when "sturdy" was the most sought-after quality in a wife?? Some of the sheep appear to have strayed...

Wasn't it his wife who rolled under a fence when she was pregnant rather than ask the men folks to help her over? Or some such nonsense?

I never quite got the whole point of that story, but I guess it was to show how sturdy she was maybe (unless I'm not remembering correctly and it was someone else)?

Yes, Bradrick! appears to have strayed, but I wonder how far? I think the Doug Phillips downfall really threw him for a loop.

As far as I remember the fence incident happened when they were still courting and she rolled under the fence for "modesty". The men hopped over it. Can´t have defrauded your father and possible future husband by a glimpse of thight. :naughty:

ETA: Anna Duggar crawled under a desk while being pregnant though. Because Smuggar couldn´t be arsed to get up so Anna could get to her seat.

I have much more respect for Peter than the grifter fundies. He probably has some good salesman skills. Half natural. Half he studied with one of world's greatest bullshit salesman. With the ups and down of the housing market I wonder if he could have done better as a salesman in another industry.

That sounds like the sort of poem a child would write, to help sell cookies, or carwash services.

Howdy friends in Facebook Town,

It’s been a while since I’ve been 'round.

So I thought I’d tell you why I’m here

Because it’s not to hate on queers.

Some folks are here for Ted or Rand,

Some folks are here with babes unplanned,

Some folks are here to help li'l Tait,

But I’m here to sell REAL ESTATE!

Now my quiv is full and my wife is worn,

And our life is fun, 'cept her vadge is torn.

So please stay tuned and every third post

Will remind you that VF is toast!

Wait, wait don't go! It’s not so bad.

Doug's being sued and he's real sad!

You'll think it's natural, wait and see...

Like, "For testifying, COME SEE ME!"

So the secret’s out and the game is on.

I've come to learn The Tool's a con

Cute kid … Cute kid … Cute kid … POW!

“HERE’S WHEN TO SELL YOUR SOUL, AND HOW!â€

Well, I admit that when I saw the post title I thought, "Oh, crap--has he decided to set himself up as a leader of Godly Christian Manly-Men again?" Because if he had, that would mean he'd found another charismatic older man to follow (because Bradrick is, at heart, a follower).

Good to see he's sticking with real estate and the unglamorous, seemingly-unheroic work of taking care of his family. He'll probably never shed all of the mental and behavioral trappings of fundiedom, but maybe he'll give some serious thought and examination to whomever he's tempted to follow, from now on.

Interesting development, although I'm curious about what's really going on at chez Braderick! I guess they're slowly drifting away from the Christian patriarchy nonsense (at least the extreme VF brand he used to expose), but I wonder if they have any plans of becoming more mainstream, as in putting kids in bricks and mortar school or letting Geneva Convention wear pants. At least there don't seem to be any new additions.

Interesting development, although I'm curious about what's really going on at chez Braderick! I guess they're slowly drifting away from the Christian patriarchy nonsense (at least the extreme VF brand he used to expose), but I wonder if they have any plans of becoming more mainstream, as in putting kids in bricks and mortar school or letting Geneva Convention wear pants. At least there don't seem to be any new additions.

They moved near his family, which is fairly fundified, so I'm not sure how much will really change. But a real job is at least a step in the right direction. And hopefully he managed to secure a home with hot water this time around....

Twin2, you know his real estate page lists his CELL PHONE NUMBER. Times sure are a-changin' when BRADRICK!'s number is at hand and you are not creating a magnificent prank!

It's a bit painful watching someone try to overcome the humorlessness of a lifetime, but nice to see that he can write anything, however flawed, that is not puffed-up and bloviational (why, yes, I did just make that word up -- why do you ask? :D ).

I also wonder how much this means (if anything) about their shedding more of the patriarchal BS. I guess there's no way to know, for now.

Nathaniel Darnell posted:

Ah, so that's your scheme! wink emoticon I'll take one double-decker house with a side of fries ... in the Amazon, of course!

Any Anacondas with that, sir?

If, like some of the Harris clan, he has drifted into the Neo-cal movement, describing his wife as "hot" is pretty much a requirement.

It's a bit painful watching someone try to overcome the humorlessness of a lifetime...

thank you for summing that up as nicely as possible. :lol:

i kept imagining eminem rapping those harsh choppy lines :shock:

thank you for summing that up as nicely as possible. :lol:

You're welcome! :D

I was half-snarking, half-serious, but it is actually something sad, to me. Humor and wordplay may be way down on the list of important things that fundy kids don't get as they are growing up, but it is a lack that breaks my heart.

I think about my own childhood -- I have been a word nerd forever, and have thought of words as playthings, as well as a way to communicate, for as far back as my memory goes. My Mom is also a word nerd, but not interested in trying to be funny. My Dad was very funny, but not as facile with words (except for making up silly names -- the man was a master of silly names).

So it was exposure to all kinds of books, movies, TV (Rocky and Bullwinkle, Dick van Dyke, Get Smart, etc.), Allan Sherman, Mad Magazine, Tom Lehrer and other sources of verbal silliness, including other kids who were also allowed to hear that stuff, that shaped something in me that I still enjoy enormously.

I think I would have been deprived of something wonderful, if I hadn't been permitted to enjoy the verbal humor around me.

The fundies we discuss grow up with KJV English, bloviating, debate, outdated children's books, or the lowest SOTDRT level of language use. I may be missing someone, but I can't think of any who've had exposure to wordplay.

:(

You're welcome! :D

I was half-snarking, half-serious, but it is actually something sad, to me. Humor and wordplay may be way down on the list of important things that fundy kids don't get as they are growing up, but it is a lack that breaks my heart.

I think about my own childhood -- I have been a word nerd forever, and have thought of words as playthings, as well as a way to communicate, for as far back as my memory goes. My Mom is also a word nerd, but not interested in trying to be funny. My Dad was very funny, but not as facile with words (except for making up silly names -- the man was a master of silly names).

So it was exposure to all kinds of books, movies, TV (Rocky and Bullwinkle, Dick van Dyke, Get Smart, etc.), Allan Sherman, Mad Magazine, Tom Lehrer and other sources of verbal silliness, including other kids who were also allowed to hear that stuff, that shaped something in me that I still enjoy enormously.

I think I would have been deprived of something wonderful, if I hadn't been permitted to enjoy the verbal humor around me.

The fundies we discuss grow up with KJV English, bloviating, debate, outdated children's books, or the lowest SOTDRT level of language use. I may be missing someone, but I can't think of any who've had exposure to wordplay.

:(

I wonder sometimes how much laughter there is in fundie homes? My family was far from perfect but we love to tell jokes, poke fun of each other, and farting would make us break out in fits. I know it's stupid and juvenile but life isn't always easy, and I'm so happy I've been armed with a good sense of humor to get me through the dark times. From my perspective it doesn't seem like there is as much of that in fundieland.

Twin2, you know his real estate page lists his CELL PHONE NUMBER. Times sure are a-changin' when BRADRICK!'s number is at hand and you are not creating a magnificent prank!

"Oh, hello, Bradrick. Darnell here. Listen, old chap: My male, uh, roommate and I are moving to the area and I was wondering if you could lend a hand... Mm-hm... Mm-hm... Yes, it's just that we have this rather ENORMOUS collection of Spurgeon's works-- ANTIQUE of course, we LOVE antiques... Yes, LEATHER BOUND. Running your hands over them is really quite delicious... Bradrick? Bradrick?"

Oh, DomWack --- whither thou goest, there shall be a topic worth reading!!

(All other topics are very worthwhile! I'm just old-guard, moving over to make room for others to carry on.)

I do have a Bradrick!-related Q: Has anyone ever seen a photo of Baby #6? I'm 99% sure there is one, yet no photo I've found shows more than GenCon and her 4 brothers 4!!

(All other topics are very worthwhile! I'm just old-guard, moving over to make room for others to carry on.)

I do have a Bradrick!-related Q: Has anyone ever seen a photo of Baby #6? I'm 99% sure there is one, yet no photo I've found shows more than GenCon and her 4 brothers 4!!

I can't recall seeing one. I think we know his name, though, don't we? Wasn't it something relatively "normal"?

In another thread someone number six was named Shepherd Thomas, but like you, I've not seen a picture, which is odd. Hope if there was a number 6 that he survived and is OK>

Birth was announced by Scott Brown here ncfic.org/blog/posts/2014_progress_report (May 24, 2014)

Very odd no pictures of him on facebook or anywhere else, when his siblings are prominently featured.

Archived