IGNORED

"I Don't Need No Arab, Telling Me What To Do"

freejingerbeth

Fun fact: Jesus's mother is mentioned more times in the Quran than she is in the Bible.

Doesn't matter to these types. You can have a million people telling them them truth and they will cling to David Barton and his made up Jefferson quotes.

Mr. Barton should visit the Library of Congress sometime--home of Thomas Jefferson's Koran.

http://...

By the end of the meeting, all prayer was banned at board meetings and will be replaced with a moment of silence. Commissioner Alex Patton initiated the motion which was easily voted into effect.

“To me, the final straw was when our chairman got up and walked out,†Patton told WSCOTV, adding that the commission needs to focus on pressing matters like the economy and education.

... :roll:

Well then - purpose served. Get rid of all prayer (which has no place in government) and allow for a moment of silence, which will allow all persons present to gear up in whatever way they need, to endure the hell that is most board meetings. Actually, my husband and a close family friend have a longstanding, recurring argument over whether or not Christianity was the basis of the Constitution and the formation of the US. I've turned it into a drinking game. They talk - I drink. If I get bored tomorrow night (and have access to good cocktails) I might just wind them up! :twisted:

He really does, doesn't he? First of all... THEY DON'T BELIEVE IN A DIFFERENT GOD. :pull-hair: IT IS ONE GOD. AND CHRISTIANS IN EGYPT PRAY TO ALLAH BECAUSE ALLAH MEANS "GOD." :angry-banghead:

Second of all, HE'S PREACHING FOR EQUALITY and doesn't even realize it. It's like saying "I could care less." Yes, yes you could. You could care a lot less and the world would be better off if you'd go into your den, shout at Fox News on your teevee and leave everybody else the hell alone. :disgust:

The idea among facebook fundamentalist Christians that Muslims don't believe in the same God as Christians and Jews is overwhelmingly popular. Mention that they are all Abrahamic religions and they explain that Muslims worship Satan or a Moon God. Say that Allah means God they explain that it doesn't. Point out that much of the Q'ran reads like a variation of the Old Testament and they get pissy.

I won't even get into the people who say the Roman Catholic church invented Muslims (i don't even understand this, as I haven't studied the pages these people link to)

“I don’t need no Arab or Muslim or whoever telling me what to do or us here in the county what to do about praying. If they don’t like it, stay the hell away,†Mitchem had responded.

9RXZ2eS.jpg

Ok, I just gotta say I laugh a little when I read this thread. There is a town in North Alabama called Arab. It's pronounced aye-rab though.

Someone should tell that dude that the founding fathers didn't actually base anything on "Christian ideas."

He sounds like the type who wouldn't believe that, even with irrefutable proof to support the claim.

What I want to know is, how does someone like him even get elected? If I heard a political candidate make a speech, liberally interspersed with double negatives, I would never think, "Yeah, that's my guy. He should be in office." I wonder who the other choices were? :think:

Just wait until Trump becomes President. Then life is gonna be fun.

Quick google shows he showed up for his swearing in wearing a "Good Old Boy" shirt. Enough said.

What exactly is a good old boy shirt? Is it some specific redneck wear? I googled and just saw a bunch of tshirts with "good ole boy" printed on them

He really does, doesn't he? First of all... THEY DON'T BELIEVE IN A DIFFERENT GOD. :pull-hair: IT IS ONE GOD. AND CHRISTIANS IN EGYPT PRAY TO ALLAH BECAUSE ALLAH MEANS "GOD." :angry-banghead:

Second of all, HE'S PREACHING FOR EQUALITY and doesn't even realize it. It's like saying "I could care less." Yes, yes you could. You could care a lot less and the world would be better off if you'd go into your den, shout at Fox News on your teevee and leave everybody else the hell alone. :disgust:

I have actually read some fundi literature that goes into extensive detail about how Muslims CLAIM that Allah is the same as the Christian/Jewish god, but they are deluded and lying about it. Then they use a bunch of fake archaeological evidence they claim proves that Allah actually represents some idol and is not God at all. I think there is a Jack Chick tract that promotes this argument, too.

The idea among facebook fundamentalist Christians that Muslims don't believe in the same God as Christians and Jews is overwhelmingly popular. Mention that they are all Abrahamic religions and they explain that Muslims worship Satan or a Moon God. Say that Allah means God they explain that it doesn't. Point out that much of the Q'ran reads like a variation of the Old Testament and they get pissy.

I won't even get into the people who say the Roman Catholic church invented Muslims (i don't even understand this, as I haven't studied the pages these people link to)

One of my pet peeves is the use of the term "Judeo-Christian" by people who contrast it to Islam.

If someone has even the most basic knowledge of the theology of the 3 religions, it's pretty obvious that (1) they share a common source and (2) if anything, it's Christianity that went of a theological detour when it comes to the nature of God. Christianity is the only one of the 3 religions to teach the Trinity; Judaism and Islam are both strictly monotheist and teach that God has no physical form.

Archived