IGNORED

Mally family attempts to convert public school teachers

lilah

The Malleys are not "fundie light", whatever that means. They are hardcore. Just wanted to add that correction for the OP.

I meant that bright lights has crossover appeal to fundie lights.

Mallys defy category. They are more evangelical than fundamentalists though. They are okay with Sarah leading a successful ministry and she even employs other girls as long as she doesn't get married. They aren't quiver full either since they only have 3 kids

I meant that bright lights has crossover appeal to fundie lights.

Mallys defy category. They are more evangelical than fundamentalists though. They are okay with Sarah leading a successful ministry and she even employs other girls as long as she doesn't get married. They aren't quiver full either since they only have 3 kids

Ahhh..... gotcha. I think they only have three kids for a health reason - didn't they adopt the boy after they could have no more? Am I drunk and confused? Possibly both or neither :lol:

They do the whole SAHD routine and skirts only routine, though, and that is why I think they are pretty fundy. And I think they are pretty headship-centric. And then they totally rock creationism. Perhaps they fit the Vision Forum fundy mold better than quiverfull. The lines are strange. We have tried to define them before but fail.

Let's just call the Mallys visitors from bizarroworld. I wish they'd go back.

The Mally family reminds me a bit of a family that I know. My brother has a female high school classmate that was raised Catholic, but changed denominations when she married a man several years older than her. That woman's husband and my brother worked at the same bank for a few years. My brother used to invite the couple over to barbecues and other events. I have seen that family a couple of times in the past year when I've gone back to my hometown.

The family attends some kind of evangelical church and eventually, the wife started wearing skirts only, several years ago.. The couple isn't QF, they only had two sons. They remind me a bit of the Mally family with mom always wearing skirts, but not having a huge family. The wife doesn't work outside the home and she doesn't homeschool. The husband was on the local school board for a four year term. During his term, he complained about the dresses worn by female students at the annual Honor Society induction night, he tried to have various books removed from the school libraries, and there were other incidents that I can't recall. That couple and their sons are a bit weird when it comes to fundies and evangelicals.

As for the Mallys, I haven't read their blog for awhile. They have done similar stuff in the past. I vaguely recall the time they went to some college(can't recall if it was public or private) and tried to minister to international students. The NEA conference was something they could easily get into. I feel for that guy Frank. It seems they were polite to the LGBT booth, but I still cringed when I read the whole,

May the Lord touch their hearts and open their eyes to the truth of the gospel!
spiel.

Ahhh..... gotcha. I think they only have three kids for a health reason - didn't they adopt the boy after they could have no more? Am I drunk and confused? Possibly both or neither :lol:

They do the whole SAHD routine and skirts only routine, though, and that is why I think they are pretty fundy. And I think they are pretty headship-centric. And then they totally rock creationism. Perhaps they fit the Vision Forum fundy mold better than quiverfull. The lines are strange. We have tried to define them before but fail.

Let's just call the Mallys visitors from bizarroworld. I wish they'd go back.

They usually wear skirts, but there are some blog pictures where Sarah and Grace wear jeans or culotte-type things. If I remember correctly from blog perusal, the parents originally didn’t want children but we're then convicted otherwise - but by then I think they were older than many quiverfull parents when they start out.

lilwriter85, they go to the University of Iowa to proselytize to international students.

Thanks, I couldn't remember.

Archived