IGNORED

John Shrader in Zambia Pt 5: Witnessing, Weeping & Wondering

happy atheist

Only John would be such a wingnut that the other students and professor at an unaccredited, basement Bible "college" that only teaches from the Bible would think he was crazy.

• Replies 613
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I am trying to picture what it would have been like to be in a class with John. If he lasted more than a semester at Bible College, I could see other students groaning when they realized that they were going to have another class with him.

I can picture them groaning each time he raised his hand in class. Kind of like that kid we all knew in school who would raise his/her hand and ask the teacher if there was going to be any homework that night.

I can picture them groaning each time he raised his hand in class. Kind of like that kid we all knew in school who would raise his/her hand and ask the teacher if there was going to be any homework that night.

Or the student that would prove that there is a such thing as a stupid question.

Dear, dear, John.

I'm so glad he made his FB public again because I was beginning to forget how utterly appalling he is.

Yep, these latest word salad posts on FB are trying to prove that he does too believe in being saved by Grace not by Works. The belief that he was slipping into the Works camp was the reason for the break with Valley Baptist and Rea, IIRC. Now Rea is actually in Zambia, and the tract war has begun, it's bombs away on the theological gobbledygook!

From memory (I may be able to find the admissions if pushed and if he hasn't deleted them), when John says that he "Studied Master of Biblical Studies at Emmanuel Baptist Theological Seminary" he means that he did a lot of reading, sent in a few sermons by mail, and then got rubberstamped for a "Masters" by Emmanuel Bible College. I don't think he spent more than a couple of weeks on campus, but I may be wrong.

I'm sure the Zambians are having a lot of fun with both Rea and Shrader. I belly laughed at the Zambian woman who said that she'd never heard of Jesus. Rea at least has the common sense to doubt that story. John would have run with it!

That said, Rea is just as bad as John in his beliefs and general cultural insensitivity. Rea may be a bit more prepared but he also ate and snickered his way around Burundi.

I wonder how Eddie and Arnaud feel about Rea and Shrader today. They were the Burundians who seem to have been dumped after their "conversions."

I'm not sure I agree with him that 'flesh' backwards equals 'h(is)self'; 'h(er)self'. Is this a thing?

I'm not sure I agree with him that 'flesh' backwards equals 'h(is)self'; 'h(er)self'. Is this a thing?

Yeah, no. If you want to claim a word is another word spelled backwards, you don't get to stick extra letters into it. I would say he made that up, but I don't think he ever makes up anything himself. He needs an authority behind him.

Shrader spelled backwards is redarhs.

God spelled backwards is dog.

Otto spelled backwards is still Otto.

Not deep, John -- not deep at all.

Or the student that would prove that there is a such thing as a stupid question.

Oh, no. I can see him being the guy that challenges/questions the professor/teacher on EVERY. LITTLE. THING. The one that leaves you in tears begging him to shut up.

Shrader spelled backwards is redarhs.

God spelled backwards is dog.

Otto spelled backwards is still Otto.

Not deep, John -- not deep at all.

I could argue that "flesh" backwards is "shelf" -- because the "sh" is one sound even if we use two letters to make it.

:lol:

And if any of you are ever in very far-north California, don't forget to visit the Yreka Bakery.

Which, spelled backwards, is Yreka Bakery!

(not sure it's still there, but it definitely used to be and I have a photo of the sign out front, because I'm just that kind of a palindrome geek :geek: )

David Rea posted today about meeting a man at the ATM and asking him about salvation. The man was catholic, included works/being good in his response and David told him how wrong he was.. guy got weepy and might come to David's church.

So, why did David Rea (and John) have to go to Zambia to convert Catholics and SDA members? They could have been harrassing people at ATMs in the USA if that was their calling. The enormity of their egos is amazing. And, they seem a bit cowardly to me, because I suspect that people in general are a bit more polite to the foreign minister in the ATM line than they would be to one of their own countrymen telling them their version of Christianity was wrong. I would love to have seen if David Rea could have made an American RC weepy in an ATM line with the same spiel? If so, he should have just had a mission to New Orleans, or St. Louis or South Euclid, OH or frankly hand out his same brochures and use his same explanation in Atlanta or LA. Oh, wait, No man is a prophet in his own city, so in the USA, they'd just be another annoying weirdo in the ATM line (and they all moved away from him on the group w bench)

Oh, no. I can see him being the guy that challenges/questions the professor/teacher on EVERY. LITTLE. THING. The one that leaves you in tears begging him to shut up.

I am picturing the professor discussing textual criticism. John raises his hand, the class groans, and the professor ignores him. Then, he blurts out that he believes God wrote King James bible, so there are no errors in the King James bible.

I REALLY want John to address the newest Duggar situation, instead of splitting hairs about who's the most saved.

Me too!

David Rea posted today about meeting a man at the ATM and asking him about salvation. The man was catholic, included works/being good in his response and David told him how wrong he was.. guy got weepy and might come to David's church.

So, why did David Rea (and John) have to go to Zambia to convert Catholics and SDA members? They could have been harrassing people at ATMs in the USA if that was their calling. The enormity of their egos is amazing. And, they seem a bit cowardly to me, because I suspect that people in general are a bit more polite to the foreign minister in the ATM line than they would be to one of their own countrymen telling them their version of Christianity was wrong. I would love to have seen if David Rea could have made an American RC weepy in an ATM line with the same spiel? If so, he should have just had a mission to New Orleans, or St. Louis or South Euclid, OH or frankly hand out his same brochures and use his same explanation in Atlanta or LA. Oh, wait, No man is a prophet in his own city, so in the USA, they'd just be another annoying weirdo in the ATM line (and they all moved away from him on the group w bench)

The reason why is because they couldn't earn a living handing out tracts in the United States that's just dreary and dull. Africa is exotic and you get to wear safari clothes and goofy hats. You get to buy expensive cars and planes with other people's money. Then there is the added bonus of being a Super Star when you come back to the states with young girls asking you to autograph their Bibles.

See this is where I think David Rodriquez is missing a trick. He wants to be a Christian printer in West Virginia-- he is never going to make a good living doing that. Think how much better the grifting would be if he took his family on the road to the Ivory Coast!

I am picturing the professor discussing textual criticism. John raises his hand, the class groans, and the professor ignores him. Then, he blurts out that he believes God wrote King James bible, so there are no errors in the King James bible.

I am sure that these fundamentalist KJV only people must know that the king James who commissioned the king James version of the bible was gay right??? Right???

I am sure that these fundamentalist KJV only people must know that the king James who commissioned the king James version of the bible was gay right??? Right???

some of them call you a liar for that one. Others say the Holy spirit was on hand for all of the kjv translation a book selection and no matter how sinful the people involved might have been God made sure it was perfect in spite of attacks. And they then post a jack chick phamplet to prove it.....chick.com/m/reading/tracts/readtract.asp?stk=0031

Hope that poste right I'm cutting and pasting on my phone.

Wasn't there one fundie we talked about here who did become a missionary to Catholics in America?

Weirdly enough,when I was growing up in the 60's and 70's in a large parochial schooled very separated Catholic family we had fundamentalist evangelical neighbors who would try to "save" us children.

They would hand us those disgusting jack chick tracts and try to get us to go to "vacation bible school"

Ha! Like my rosary praying, vision having, daily mass going mother was gonna have that. We had our own private cult going at that point...

When I was a kid, one of the places my best friend and I played was the grassy area next to a Baptist church in our neighborhood. One day, a man came out, asked us about our beliefs (I was Jewish, she was Catholic), and invited us to vacation Bible school.

It was the early 1960s. At the time, I found it very unnerving. When I got older, I realized how unethical and sleazy it was.

New FB posts up. The fam got a care package, John also posted a meme about a wife being a blessing from God. Dig at Joshley perhaps?

I don't believe for one second the man in the line for the ATM got weepy and considered attending John's church. If anything g he was probably freaked out some guy kept on trying to interact with him while he was making a bank transaction.

Wasn't there one fundie we talked about here who did become a missionary to Catholics in America?

I can't remember the names, but Global Independent Baptist Missions (Shrader and Rea's clearing house for donations so they get nonprofit status) listed 2 mission families in MA, one of them concentrating on converting Catholics in Revere. Also there is the IFB missionary to Perth, Scotland. :)

Interesting. GIBM's website seems to be down for the count.

I don't believe for one second the man in the line for the ATM got weepy and considered attending John's church. If anything g he was probably freaked out some guy kept on trying to interact with him while he was making a bank transaction.

Oh… I can believe it. That guy is probably used to missionaries and decided to make the best of a bad situation and have a bit of fun with him ;)

I can't remember the names, but Global Independent Baptist Missions (Shrader and Rea's clearing house for donations so they get nonprofit status) listed 2 mission families in MA, one of them concentrating on converting Catholics in Revere. Also there is the IFB missionary to Perth, Scotland. :)

Interesting. GIBM's website seems to be down for the count.

Also there is the IFB missionary to Perth, Scotland. - I would LOVE to know how successful that missionary must be LOL

• happy atheist locked this topic

Archived