IGNORED

Real Housewives Franchise

Lillybee

I'm looking forward to RHONY purely because Tinsley Mortimer is joining the cast.  Tinsley is a fallen socialite and total trainwreck.  Apparently, she's living with Sonia Morgan.  

• Upvote 1

• 5 weeks later...
On 3/28/2017 at 11:13 PM, Hmmm_idolatry said:

I'm looking forward to RHONY purely because Tinsley Mortimer is joining the cast.  Tinsley is a fallen socialite and total trainwreck.  Apparently, she's living with Sonia Morgan.  

Week 3 - how you liking it now?

I thought sure I had sworn off looking at the show after last season, but the delicious prospect of seeing Carole all verklempt when Hillary loses was just too much to resist.  

However, that Dorinda?! When somebody makes Bethany Frankel look mellow, that's bad, very bad. I think Tinsley is just Sonia, junior grade.

But I do get a tickle out of the fact that a subplot this week was kids leaving home: Quincy Morgan, Hannah Daughter Of Dorinda, and of course, Adam!

I did not watch this week's episode, but read something on Vulture last week that pointed out that these women don't seem like real friends.  The women of Beverly Hills had some real friendships going on before the show started and Kyle and Kim are sisters.  I did laugh at the RHoBH reunion, part III when Kim Richards accused Eileen Davison of being melodramatic because she was a soap actress.  Eileen is about the most undramatic person there.  I still can't stand Dorit.  I'd rather she not be on next year.

12 hours ago, PennySycamore said:

I did not watch this week's episode, but read something on Vulture last week that pointed out that these women don't seem like real friends.  The women of Beverly Hills had some real friendships going on before the show started and Kyle and Kim are sisters.  I did laugh at the RHoBH reunion, part III when Kim Richards accused Eileen Davison of being melodramatic because she was a soap actress.  Eileen is about the most undramatic person there.  I still can't stand Dorit.  I'd rather she not be on next year.

Haven't been able to grok the BH crew tho I somewhat enjoyed OC when a local gold digger, the ruthless third Mrs. Jimmy Edmonds, was on. Giraffe-woman. 

ITA that there are no friendships in NY.  Well, maybe Doris & Lu, but RamonJa looks broken-up beyond any repair and Beth truly loves no one, including herself. Carole's a poser.  Tinsley = too soon to call AND a bit predictable-- oh heck, aren't they all? LOL

• Upvote 1

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I read a interview with Dorinda Medley on Vulture the other day.  She said that somehow the Housewives had gotten divided into Team and Team B.  It occurred to me that that has happened on Beverly Hills and the OC, as well.  Dorinda didn't like the team BS. I don't like it either.

32 minutes ago, PennySycamore said:

I read a interview with Dorinda Medley on Vulture the other day.  She said that somehow the Housewives had gotten divided into Team and Team B.  It occurred to me that that has happened on Beverly Hills and the OC, as well.  Dorinda didn't like the team BS. I don't like it either.

Intriguing! I wouldn't trust Do with my life story BUT I'd rather spend time with her than any of the others. Ima going to look for the interview.  BTW, trashtalktv.com has the best recaps (imho, of course) even though they're usually. It up until 48 hours or so after the broadcast. Highly recommend 'em. 

Also, I envy Lu's ability to fall without breaking  aught!!!!!!!

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...

I read earlier this evening that LuAnn is divorcing Tom after only 8 months.  I feel bad for LuAnn, but I'm not surprised.  Tom was just a tomcat who could not resist tomcatting around.

On this season of RHoNY, Dorinda and Carole seem to be getting close again.  They went to the Women's March, hung out together at the Vermont ski trip and again in Mexico.  I think that's a good thing.  Dorinda is better for Carole than is Bethenny.

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, PennySycamore said:

I read earlier this evening that LuAnn is divorcing Tom after only 8 months.  I feel bad for LuAnn, but I'm not surprised.  Tom was just a tomcat who could not resist tomcatting around.

On this season of RHoNY, Dorinda and Carole seem to be getting close again.  They went to the Women's March, hung out together at the Vermont ski trip and again in Mexico.  I think that's a good thing.  Dorinda is better for Carole than is Bethenny.

Yeah, she's no angel but if I had to spend time with any HW my first choice would be Lu -- with the understanding that Bravo was picking up the tab for whatever food & drink we visited over!

i go back and forth on Carole. Enjoyed her memoirs but she's slippery with her alliances.

Dorinda -- now there's my girl. Cooks, cleans, makes it nice and ISTM is most fluid between her current wealthy status and her modest roots.  Carole & Lu tend to pretension.

I'd observe Sonja but she seems dirty to me, physically. Have less than zero interest in the vile Ramona. Repugnant creature.

Bethenny's motormouth would drive me crazy in less than 60 seconds but I'd want her to know I noticed her. The one I miss most is Heather. The one I want to protect and defend is Jules. The one I always forget about is Aviva. Got no time for people who act like she does. 

Anyway, back to Lu -- she'll continue to be fine. Heck, she's got a storyline and an apple for 2 more seasons at least! Tom--cipher then, cipher now. Glad he'll be gone.

Edited by MamaJunebug
  • Upvote 1

I'm still on Heather's Yummie email list.  One of these days I need to get some of those slimmers.  I hear they are better than Spanx.  I do miss Heather, but admire her for getting off the program before it screwed her up.

I hate that they fired Jules just as her marriage was breaking up. I suppose she was not dramatic enough.

Lu did not need another skirt-chasing husband.  Good riddance to that bad rubbish Tom!

Yummie > Spanx? Thanks for the tip. I've gotten to the point where I grudgingly will wear a pair for the greater aesthetic benefit. 

You know what I've wondered? If Jules had her eyes done to look less Asian. Or if she just got her dad's eyes. I liked her. Anybody coming from 2 high-achieving family traditions has a lot to live up to. Hope her kids are not the brats that the show implied they were. 

Just noticed, looking at the latest show, that Carole's big happy laugh during her tagline is in response to Heather. I imagine those 2 are still friends.  For all her pretense, Carole does seem to have a genuine side to her.

• Upvote 1

• 2 months later...

I take back every single mean thing I've ever said about Bethenny.  As of Tuesday, she had sent at least 30 planeloads of supplies to Puerto Rico at her expense and she was going to keep going.  I'm not talking about little bitty planes either; I'm talking cargo jets.  Go Bethenny!

• Upvote 3

3 minutes ago, PennySycamore said:

I take back every single mean thing I've ever said about Bethenny.  As of Tuesday, she had sent at least 30 planeloads of supplies to Puerto Rico at her expense and she was going to keep going.  I'm not talking about little bitty planes either; I'm talking cargo jets.  Go Bethenny!

For real? 

Bethenny for president! 

Makes more sense than what we have now. 

• Upvote 2

• 2 weeks later...

Didn't think I'd watch the new season of RH of New Jersey, but yep, I watch it.  Several weeks ago, the women went to Boca to do something nice for Theresa (her mom had recently died) and to celebrate Melissa Gorga's birthday.  Siggy had a gorgeous cake made and, after the cake hd been cut and slices shared, the cake got thrown.  Siggy can't  let the damn cake go.  Tonight at a party at her house, she asked her guests if they thought it was rude if the cake was thrown.  Well, maybe it was, but not nearly as fucking rude as it was for you to humiliate Melissa when she's right there at the party.  Siggy, once you give a cake to someone, it is theirs to do what they want with it.  Let cake-gate go!

1 hour ago, PennySycamore said:

Let cake-gate go!

SRSLY.

I liked Siggy for about an episode last year, ‘til her own mother called her on her hypocrisy Siggy was wailllllllllling that her kids neglected her, and Siggy’s mom said, “you neglect me.”  My heart broke. Siggy? Take a seat—away from the cameras.

I’m not familiar with Danielle. She was the “prostitution whore” against whom Tre flipped, right? Was she indeed a woman of the evening?

Tre & Mel’s bad blood because of Mel’s unsolicited childraising advice—have any of  these people though to say simply, “shut up” to EACH OTHER? And not to the camera?

oh wait.....

• Upvote 3

@MamaJunebug, Danielle was, indeed, the "prostitution whore" who brought on Teresa's famous table flip.  I don't know that she was ever  hooker, although I think she may have been an exotic dancer at one time.  

• Upvote 1

Thank you, @PennySycamore

i found this article whilst digging around sounds like she was doomed from the get-go Tia sketchy life. Yet her daughters are okay. That’s good. 

NJ is my truly guilty pleasure. I’m just paying attention to OC for the glimpses of Iceland. 

• Thank You 1

• 2 months later...

The latest season of RHoBH has started.  John Cougar Mellencamp's daughter is the newest housewife and Eileen is gone.  (She is too busy what with being on two soaps.)  That awful Doreet or whatever her name is (chick with the fake British accent) is on and she's just as horrible as she was before.  Was insulting Mellencamp's daughter at a dinner.  Even her husband was appalled at her behaviour.

• Upvote 2

I just read this great recap of this week's RHoBH episode:

https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/real-housewives-beverly-hills-recap-051951903.html

John Mellencamp's daughter is named Teddi and it was Camille Grammar that she was insulting last week at Kyle's dinner party.  Dorit called this woman she'd just met the c word.  Classy, Dorit!

• Upvote 2

LOVED how the NJ HWs gave Soggy no quarter in the first half of the reunion tonight - except I’d go it’s got devoted Dolores, who kept looking to her idol for clues. Some long-timers  think the shows crappy, but this was my first full season and I found it entirely amusing. 

Glad Siggy won’t be back. What a pain she is. 

• Love 1

• 4 weeks later...

Ugh, Siggy!  She just could not let Melissa and the cake go, could she?  Maybe Melissa should not have thrown the cake, but what Siggy did at the party with humiliating Melissa was so much worse.  Glad she will be gone from next season!

• 3 months later...

This season of RHoNY has featured some of Bethenny's work in Puerto Rico.  She and Dorinda went down in the last episode, several months after Maria.  As Dorinda said, "you'd think that Maria hot just last week."  Bethenny and Dorinda went around with a group distributing gift cards worth $300 to the people.  Some families got two or three of these cards.  Bethenny's group had a bag with about $120 K in gift cards.  They weren't afraid to walk around these devastated areas because the need was just so great.  I had tears in my eyes during the Puerto Pico segments.  

• 2 months later...

It's late in the NY season and the mean girl in Bethenny has come back out.  Or the crazy girl. Or something.  

Lu has gone to rehab after her arrest last New Year's and is currently sober. I hope she stays that way.

Right now, they're in Cartagena. Colombia.  Bethenny was whining about the house which looked beautiful to my eyes.  She also said she was SEVERELY allergic to fish which oddly none of the older housewives (Lu, Ramona and Sonja) knew about.  That gave her more opportunity to whine.  

Carole tried to hash out with Bethenny why they don't seem to be friends anymore, but B kept taking none of the responsibility.  Carole felt like she was being gaslighted.  I do know that Bethenny is one of the most judgmental people I've ever seen.   (She was just criticizing Do because her makeup was smeared. It was late at night and they were in the rented house.  Why did it matter?)

Lu criticized Dorinda for her drinking and so Dorinda shot back.  It did not go well.  

I think Bethenny really, really needs therapy.  Or at least just to drink a cup of STFU.

Haven't watched the season premiere of OC yet, but Vicki is another one that needs to shut up.

• 1 month later...

Well, the New York season is over and they've aired the reunion and here are my thoughts:

Bethenny Frankel is a vicious bitch, despite her charity work in Puerto Rico.  She attacked Carole Radziwell relentlessly during the season and during the reunion.  For instance, B attacked Carole for not accomplishing anything in her career.  Bethenny, you idiot!  Carole's won three Emmys for and a Peabody for reporting.   She never properly acknowledged Dorinda's help in getting Brynn the nutcracker from FAO Schwartz.   Ramona is trying to launch a a line of anti-aging cosmeceuticals and Bethenny did not attend the launch party.  Why? Was she busy?  Nope!  Just didn't want to come!  Nothing that anyone does except maybe the Countess is important to her.  She wasn't supportive of Sonja's business ventures either.  Bethenny may say she's about women's empowerment, but the only woman she really cares about is herself.   Bethenny did go to the shiva when Jill Zarin's husband Bobby lost his battle with cancer and they do tex occasionally.  Ramona, on the other hand, reached out to Jill while Bobby was still alive.  She went to the funeral, too.  

No wonder Carole decided to leave the show and get back to journalism!

Luann's fallen off the wagon and was in rehab at the time of the reunion.

Carole did say at the reunion "Andy, are you afraid of her, too?" referring to Bethenny.

On the OC. Vicki went out on a double date with Kelly Dodd's ex.  Kelly did not know, of course, but it did not set well with her when she found out.  She felt betrayed.  There are two new housewives this season.  At least one of them has some sort of weird marriage arrangement.  (The husband doesn't live with the family most of the time, but in LA.) The other women don't understand what's going on. I can't keep these new women straight.  Shannon Beador is also newly divorced and is pitching a low-cal food line to QVC.  Tamra's husband Eddie has a-fib (atrial fibrillation) and has had several heart procedures  to hopefully correct it.  Vicki is being Vicki:  trying to talk herself into loving this man she's been with for a year or two (he doesn't seem so keen) and grieving over the fact that Brianna and Ryan moved to NC with the grandkids.  They may have moved to Camp Lejeune (Ryan had been in the Marines and maybe he re-upped) but I think mostly they moved to get away from Vicki.  I like Kelly Dodd this season.  Her first year, she drove me nuts!  This year, she and Shannon are my favorites. 

• Upvote 1

That new OC housewife, Gina is divorced, or about to be, from the husband. Adding to a long list.

Ramona has a long history of being wretched with Bethenny. She’s a shit-stirrer in general. I dislike so her so much more than all the others on NY.

I kind of like the Dallas women right now - just cause they are new. The insanely rich dingbat that is Kameran, and her pink dog food. Her kids are smarter than her. And Brandi plays immature jokes on her, which immature me finds amusing. I’m also intrigued with Brandi finding a red haired, blue eyed little baby boy. Then there’s the one with the circus performer past. And the one who might have been the babysitter.

• Upvote 2