IGNORED

Real Housewives Franchise

Lillybee

The Housewives of all flavors are such a guilty pleasure of mine. The drama is irritating, and it amazes me how monumentally ignorant some of these supposedly worldly people are, but I just can't quit 'em.

Kim Richards was so sad to watch. The denial, the everything. I have people close to me who went through addiction, and it's really hard to watch someone going through that on camera. Was not surprised at all given her behavior on camera what happened after filming wrapped.

Very glad that Glanville got the ax. Cannot stand her at all. Hoping that Kenya doesn't return, but that's probably not likely. One thing about all of these shows is that no one is really there to be nice. Bravo makes money off the drama, so they're all about it.

• Upvote 1

I keep trying to not watch BH, but dang it.

Then the #2 Daughter and I watch Botched together. So train wrecky..... (if you don't know, one of the docs on Botched is the ex of one of the original BH Housewives)

I useta kinda know family members of one of the BH Housewives.... I suppose that's why I keep watching.

I could never be on the show as a Housewife. I have too low of a tolerance for the drama. I can only take it an hour at a time! LOL!

Dr Paul Maloof was the husband of Adrienne, formerly of the BH wives and Dr Terry Dubrow is the husband of Heather Dubrow. I like Botched too, and not just because it's related to the RH franchise by marriage. I think one of their former clients died recently.

I made a huge mistake last night about Botched: It's Dr Paul NASSIF, not Maloof. Adrienne is still Adrienne Maloof though and they were married.

• 9 months later...

Because I don't want to trouble myself with signing up on another board, I'm emptying here: The Real Acolytes of A Foul-Mouthed Ranter (formerly Real Housewives of NYC) is off my viewing list forever. 

The one - ONE! - non-sickening facet of last night's episode was Dorinda's house: very elegant and yet very approachable, with lots of color and patterns. And her housekeeper, who looked like she would be negotiating a raise for having to put up with Bethenny's sophomorically vicious and never-ending name-calling at Luann. 

Surely this was scripted because even Luann would've stopped her narcissistic soliloquy when Jules (herself a mercenary) said she was on the phone with her dying father. 

L's mockery if the birthday cake was SO badly delivered and so obviously a contrived plot point.

Ramona as a voice of reason, wrangling Luann away from more confrontation? Come ON. 

Dorinda failing to hear B's incessant shouting? At least her brief meltdown was somewhat convincing.

Carole with no clever left to give, instead badgering Dorinda that she shouldn't have invited L, and using "Luman" as a funneh.

And this is what Bravo touts as the best epi ever? 

Like some commenters on another board, I watched with 0.0001% enjoyment.  Why didn't I just quit it early? I don't know. The usual "oh, this will be resolved somehow." Nope - just more of frozen-faced B amping up yet more viciousness, L egging her on, and the rest reclining st B's feet to console her. 

Buh-BYE. 

• Upvote 1

• 1 month later...

@MamaJunebug,  I've not checked this thread in a while, but that episode was just unwatchable!  I felt so bad for Dorinda. She tried to be a gracious hostess and have a wonderful holiday party, but most of the other women were terrible guests.  Ramona was the voice of reason, but she should have left her purse vermin at home if he's not potty trained.  (There's a reason that Shih tzus are commonly called Shit tzus. They are almost impossible to potty train, the little Shits.)   Bethenny and Luann were completely out of control.  I realize that B was not feeling well, but get your damn gyno problems treated, woman!

• Upvote 2

I confess: I've become RHONY-obsessed. Andy Cohen may be a horse's ass but he's from my neck of the woods and he's OUR horse's ass.

However - and there's always a however in life - I have to wonder if he realized that the return of Beffy would have the negative effect it has. From what I read on forums, viewership was down until Luann held her own and as her engagement to Tom has continued unmolested by B's stupid information. 

Some say Beffs wanted her own show again and that Andy gave her only the RH gig. I've relied on recaps while B's been on the ascendancy because even though I'm not a Nielsen family, I have a feeling my cable provider can provide data if it wants. Anyhoo, now that we know Luann & Tom are fine, the last 3-4 episodes seem really anticlimactic. Even though I heard Andy twice today crow that it's gonna be shows like there's never been shows, bla-bla. 

Personally I see the RH franchises dying out as soon as Bravo finds a replacement. NY and OC are lame, on the whole, and I won't watch any others. 

Also: the worst part of Beffy - after her shrill caterwauling - is her metamorphosis of Carole!  Carole used to be a distant, wry commentator; now she's Bethenny's Mini-B.  Irritating!

Edited by MamaJunebug
  • Upvote 1

Bethenny has been crazy and shrill  ever since she came back.  This season she's been worse though.  First she attacked Dorinda's boyfriend and then went off on Sonja for bringing out "TipsyGirl".  (Bethenny, honey, you don't freakin' own the word girl!) And now she's attacked Luann.  Bethenny, I had terrible fibroids too, but I never took my gyno problems out on other people.  Get yourself fixed!  And that means more than your uterus!  See a shrink!  or in the immortal words of Ramona "Take a Xanax!"

I did love how Sonja used her heirloom napkins at her dinner party!  Imagine inheriting napkins once owned and used by JP Morgan himself!  I think it's very cool that Sonja treasures them.

I agree that it's sad that Bethenny has negatively affected Carole.  I suppose it was because B and Carole were closer in age and both single.  Bethenny is not your friend, Carole!  Be friends with Dorinda instead.

• Upvote 2

It was like old, pre-Barfenny times, watching the first half of the Aug. 3 episode. Dang, that Doris is a gangster of the stir-stick and I love it! Ramona and then Luann come charging abovedecks and Doris in ginormous sunglasses, grudge something like, "of course I said something.  What was I supposed to do?" and shovels a forkful of eggs into her mouth like she's hungry. Cold as ice and fabulous!

i ff'ed thru once Beffy-poo appeared. Didn't stop even for anybody else's talking heads. 

Over at vulture or reality tea, someone has a very plausible theory that Lu and D'Agostino have  master-minded the whole Kissin' Tom scenario.  With the help, I believe, of a Bravo producer assigned to the task. 

I thoroughly enjoy the notion that Belchenny is getting played. 

BTW, Jules looked great - but was mostly tongue-tied - on WWHL. I I were 15 years younger, skinny and rich, I'd want Dorinda for a friend. Incoherent drink toasts and all~~!!!

• Upvote 1

I missed RHoNY last night.  My daughter was visiting and I was hanging out with her watching Little Women: LA.  If you haven't seen it, Little Women:LA is sorta RH mixed with Little Couple or Little People, Big World.  I'll have to watch the episode ON Demand this afternoon.  

• 2 weeks later...

Kelly from RH of OC is possibly the most vile of the housewives I've ever seen.  She and Kenya from RH of Atlanta  are just old fashioned mean girls.

• Upvote 2

I just saw that RHOC episode tonight, and Kelly's got to be one of the meanest housewives I've seen.:TrainWreckMotion:

• Upvote 1

11 hours ago, ADoyle90815 said:

I just saw that RHOC episode tonight, and Kelly's got to be one of the meanest housewives I've seen.:TrainWreckMotion:

@ADoyle90815, I hope that Kelly Dodd is gone from next season.  I've not heard one word out of her mouth that is not just plain mean!  I'll take Danielle from RHoNJ (season 1) over Kelly and I couldn't stand Danielle.

• 2 weeks later...

There was a short piece in the week's People about Luann's upcoming wedding.  For those who don't know,  Luann got engaged to Tom who used to date Sonja and Ramona.  Two weeks ago on the show, Bethenny just had to show Luann a picture of Tom kissing an old girlfriend.  As Luann said, "She didn't handle this as a friend. It was the most brutal thing to do.  A good friend wouldn't confront me on television.  That was someone who was trying to put themselves in the limelight."  Boy, does she have Barfenny pegged or what!   She goes on to say that she thinks Bethenny is deeply unhappy.  Btw, Luann and Tom had a  long talk and worked everything out.  B is probably fuming that they did.

• Upvote 3

Apparently numbers are up for this season of RHONY but I don't see how. If she were the kindest person on earth, I still would t be able to stand Bethenny's voice. 

The reunion teasers show her gasping in shock that Lu dared say something critical to her. While I hope Barfy loses (so to speak) at the reunion, I'm over the franchise if she is on the exit season. She's cruel, remorseless and vile, and the HWs other than Jules and Lu are following in step. Even Doris's pot-stirring has become ham-handed, although she's hardly as bad as So, Ro or that repugnant Carole 

• Upvote 2

• 3 weeks later...

My two-year-long nightmare is over.  To close the NYC S8 reunion finale,  The Ho's and Andy [figuratively] sang a version of Kumbayyah and I'll google Julianne Wainstein now and then to see how she's doing -- but Real Housewives is OFF my viewing table. Forever. 

Feels good. What a rotten execution of what might've been a fun concept!

Edited by MamaJunebug
  • Upvote 1

I think they made a mistake of not asking Jules back for next season.  If one of the HW needed to go, it was that vile Bethenny.  In the group hug at the end of the reunion, she sat be herself on the sofa and didn't join in.

• Upvote 1

• 3 weeks later...

I'd like to strand Bethenny Frankel, Kim "Don't Be Tardy" Beirmann  and Kenya Moore on a desert island somewhere.  I used to like Bethenny, but Kim and Kenya have grated on my nerves since I first saw them.  To call Kim white-trash is an insult to white-trash and Kenya shouldn't say that she is Gone With the Wind fabulous.  Doesn't she realize that she would almost certainly have been a slave during the GWTW era?  There was nothing fabulous about it!

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, PennySycamore said:

I'd like to strand Bethenny Frankel, Kim "Don't Be Tardy" Beirmann  and Kenya Moore on a desert island somewhere.  I used to like Bethenny, but Kim and Kenya have grated on my nerves since I first saw them.  To call Kim white-trash is an insult to white-trash and Kenya shouldn't say that she is Gone With the Wind fabulous.  Doesn't she realize that she would almost certainly have been a slave during the GWTW era?  There was nothing fabulous about it!

Child of mine!!!!  

i couldn't  pick Ms. Moore out of a crowd but I've seen enough of Ms. Bierman-- 2  minutes -- to agree with your plan. 

Mover on previously there's some pretty strong agreement that Frankel's liquid attack on another woman at a concert led to cancellation of her Sirius show. Thank you, Bethanny! I now can tune to Rafio Andy w/o fear of hearing your bitter, ear-piercing voice. 

Anybody who can make an interview with Eric Stonestreet unbearable has GOT to go. 

• Upvote 2

• 2 weeks later...

Last night Kristin Chenowith and Heather Dubrow were on What What Happens Live.  Kristin was asked by a viewer which OC "Housewife" she'd like to see leave and which from a former season she'd bring back.  Her former season HW she'd bring back was Lydia and the one from this season like to see gone was Kelly.  After a week or two of Kelly behaving herself, Kelly is back to being her old mean self.

• Upvote 1

• 1 month later...

I have watched parts 1 and 2 of the reunion of RHoOC.  Both Kelly and Vicki need to be gone!  Kelly is a bad as ever and Vicki is just vile.  She is spreading very hurtful rumors about other HWs.  It way past time she was called on the carpet for her visciousness.

3 hours ago, PennySycamore said:

I have watched parts 1 and 2 of the reunion of RHoOC.  Both Kelly and Vicki need to be gone!  Kelly is a bad as ever and Vicki is just vile.  She is spreading very hurtful rumors about other HWs.  It way past time she was called on the carpet for her visciousness.

I cannot stand Vicki! She's so mean and she totally knew what was going down with Brooks. That's just bullshit! I think Kelly is just a mean girl. I mean they all are but she gets really nasty and underhanded. 

• Upvote 1

JMHO they need to do a total reset. Even the unexpectedly sensible Shannon has gone off the rails. They're not fun to watch anymore. 

• Upvote 1

• 1 month later...

Can't stand the new housewife, Dorit, on the RHoBH.  She is so damn pretentious! I don't think any of the other housewives, except for Lisa Vanderpump like her either.

• Upvote 3

One thing I should have added last night about RHoBH is there were some scenes shot in Kyle Richards' kitchen. Kyle has a Hello Kitty toaster just like my daughter has and that lived in my kitchen for a few years.  I got my daughter's Hello Kitty toaster at Target.

• Upvote 1

• 2 months later...

The RHoBH season is almost over and I don't like Dorit any better than I did at first.  In fact, I like her much less than I did.  Don't like LVP much either.  She's a shit-stirrer, par excellence and almost nobody calls her out on it.

ETA:  The new season of RHoNY, RHoPotomac and Southern Charm start soon.

Edited by PennySycamore
tiny riffle and added info
  • Upvote 1