IGNORED

Xgay Greg - Living in the Gay State formerly known as Americ

Peas n carrots

THANK YOU! I'm going to work on saving what audio I can come up with. If anyone comes up with more audio let me know - especially any of Greg singing, which cracks me up just thinking of it.

I'm trying to save the mp3 off of that site but I don't know how. Did you figure it out? Right below the play button it says "download mp3" but it just directs me to where I can sign up for the site.

I want to have the mp3 of this on my ipod for when I need a laugh.

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Sorry if this has already been posted in this thread, but I was feeling reminiscent and managed to find this Erma Gerd clip...so happy to hear this again.

:dance:

xgaygreganddede.blogspot.com/2666_06_01_archive.html

EDIT: it's the whole clip, I think!! so happy!

EDIT #2: Broke the link

I was the one who made that recording. One of the best things I've ever done lol.

:serious:

Um, I think now is a good time for me to ask you more-experienced FJers how to summon the rescue ferrets. This rabbit hole is all manner of :wtf: !

As I recall, the whole thing started with a post on some other board by DeDe asking to something like, "Do you believe in miracles?" and explaining her "miracle pregnancy" despite the fact that Greg had a vasectomy some years prior. God "told her" that she was pregnant and supposedly took a pregnancy test that "proved" it. They go to some Christian "pregnancy center" and are told that she's not pregnant, but Greg is all, "who are you going to believe, god or some doctor?" So despite any evidence (and in spite of some heavy bleeding that would indicate a miscarriage or some other non-pregnancy related female problem), DeDe and XGay insist that they have a "miracle pregnancy" and want donations because miracle. The problem is that the supposed gestation period went past nine months, into twelve, and possibly longer. People, including their church community, become skeptical and start to think they're being conned. The XGays dug in their heels, but Greg finally admitted that there wasn't going to be any baby some months later (if they were Catholic they could have claimed that the baby was too good for this world and "assumed" into heaven like Mary and Jesus, but being Protestants that option was out). I'm still unsure if the XGays really believed there was a pregnancy and were involved in an "insanity of two" situation or if it was always a con.

Here is a small offering. I wasn't sure where to put it, as it is dedicated to Jill/David, Exgay greg and Our lady of DoTerra, But here it is With apologies to Cher

I was born in the backseat of a beat up RV

My mama had us sing for the love offering

Papa would do whatever he could

Preach a little gospel

Say that printing brochures was something good.

Grifters with RV

We travel church to church with our act

They call us

Grifters with RV

But every night we all pray in the RV

That we’ll soon be on TV.

Car broke down just south of Mobile

Walked with our sign, wishing for a McMeal

Prayed for an RV in the blazing sun

Ended up as extras

If Dede could afford it I think that she’d run.

DeDe and Ex Gay

We surf from couch to couch with our act

We were called DeDe and ExGay

And every night we pray for an RV

And that we’ll be on TV.

We do home schoolin and our oils we sell

We’ll be rich soon, we know.

Six months crammed together , our marriage is better

‘Cause he hasn’t seen her for a while… no he hasn’t seen her for a while!

Oh we each have our version of a travelin’ show

Our own little dance for the money they throw

It doesn’t feel like scamming since we use Jesus' name

Preach a little gospel—use a little oil to soothe our pain.

[bBvideo 560,340:8t7i4ggz]

[/bBvideo] For the tune for you young whippersnappers....

:worship: :clap:

Damn, I'm getting old. I knew the tune just from reading the first line. :lol:

We should have a contest where all of our parody song lyricists submit their best song. :)

As I recall, the whole thing started with a post on some other board by DeDe asking to something like, "Do you believe in miracles?" and explaining her "miracle pregnancy" despite the fact that Greg had a vasectomy some years prior. God "told her" that she was pregnant and supposedly took a pregnancy test that "proved" it. They go to some Christian "pregnancy center" and are told that she's not pregnant, but Greg is all, "who are you going to believe, god or some doctor?" So despite any evidence (and in spite of some heavy bleeding that would indicate a miscarriage or some other non-pregnancy related female problem), DeDe and XGay insist that they have a "miracle pregnancy" and want donations because miracle. The problem is that the supposed gestation period went past nine months, into twelve, and possibly longer. People, including their church community, become skeptical and start to think they're being conned. The XGays dug in their heels, but Greg finally admitted that there wasn't going to be any baby some months later (if they were Catholic they could have claimed that the baby was too good for this world and "assumed" into heaven like Mary and Jesus, but being Protestants that option was out). I'm still unsure if the XGays really believed there was a pregnancy and were involved in an "insanity of two" situation or if it was always a con.

Wasn't there a baby shower? At least a registry, if I remember correctly.

Good times, good times.

Wasn't there a baby shower? At least a registry, if I remember correctly.

Good times, good times.

I do remember Dede and her pregnant belly pics lol. That was some food baby she had going on in there - courtesy of their McDonalds ministry no doubt.

I also recall Facebook posts from Greg's mum who it did seem was looking forward to her new grandchild. Until slowly, it dawned on her that the alleged pregnancy had gone on too long. Poor Greg's mum. And dad. They were being sponged off unashamedly by Greg and Dede, neither of whom are "job-type people", until I think finally, they were asked to leave told to get the hell out and pay their own ways.

This site might also be helpful http://thewakeupdelusion.tumblr.com/post/80785484210/the-greg-and-dede-story. (link not broken because it snarks about "Super Christians" just like we do. There also some classic Greg and Dede photos on there, including the pregnant belly, and the Christ-covered car they would drive about in.

At one point Dede had a doctor's apt, or went to the hospital.. and was told she was most definitely not pregnant but this was absolutely NOT true. It was Satan denying the miracle of their miracle baby, or something like that.

To me the big mystery was what the heck was wrong with their tiny collection of leghumpers who would cheer on the endless pg.

At one point Dede had a doctor's apt, or went to the hospital.. and was told she was most definitely not pregnant but this was absolutely NOT true. It was Satan denying the miracle of their miracle baby, or something like that.

To me the big mystery was what the heck was wrong with their tiny collection of leghumpers who would cheer on the endless pg.

I remember that...didn't she even insist on having a sonogram, and there was nothing in there? LOL

And the pregnancy was supposed to have been twins according to Greg, and then later in the pregnancy, one had supposedly gone missing (?). They had names picked out, too, IIRC. Peter and??? Can't recall...

Peter and Bella! I googled to verify and found her old Q&A thing she did

reverbnation.com/artist/questions/artist_3202356

omg, I just read this one:

Q: Stand tall against the haters! Show them that you are the truth that God loves!

A: Amen. Blessings to you. They can hate me all they want...my exgay husband and I will continue to stand. God bless you.

It really made me realize that Xgay & Dede could be the biggest trolls of the century.

Not saying they are trolls, but if they are, they're fucking talented at it.

Here is the baby gifts post:

post-1800-14452000591233_thumb.jpg

And baby shower (this post comes with an extra special dose of oversharing):

post-1800-14452000591466_thumb.jpg

And registry

post-1800-14452000591718_thumb.jpg

I need to check the wayback machine - if it hasn't been done already we need to get this archived!

Some other Xgay favorites:

post-1800-14452000591835_thumb.jpg

post-1800-14452000591962_thumb.png

post-1800-14452000592261_thumb.jpg

My all-time favorite...X GAYDAR USER (I really hope someday that can be a post count title)

post-1800-14452000592661_thumb.jpg

He says he's had two surgeries in his life but neither of them are the vasectomy?

Of course put in context, that bit of "doesn't add up" is hardly noticeable among the rest of their story, but still...

Even though countless people have disobeyed God by not giving to our ministry, God will have the final say and they will miss out because of their disobedience....

BIG, MAJOR things are about to happen..

:o

It seems obvious to me that God wants ExG G and Dede to get the Jill/David Rodrigues fam motor home...Maybe the Rodrigues' will gift a few kids (who already know how to sing and witness) along with the motorhome. I don't think Jill would miss a few, since she just got a new one and ExG G might enjoy any makeup Jill leaves behind.

Win win! :cracking-up:

Telling that he refers to his divorce as "divorcing THEM." Tells you a lot about how he views his two sons. Poor kids.

Telling that he refers to his divorce as "divorcing THEM." Tells you a lot about how he views his two sons. Poor kids.

Oh they are so much better off now - their step dad adopted them and it appears he is a decent man.

Oh they are so much better off now - their step dad adopted them and it appears he is a decent man.

that's good, but it's still sad that they are aware they are seen as disposable by their biological father. so much for the "family values" movement. Like most vocal "ex-gay" types, Greg seems to be one of those people who is all about having his own needs met. It's not about Jesus, it's about ego stroking and Jesus is a good excuse for it. No one deserves a parent like that.

that's good, but it's still sad that they are aware they are seen as disposable by their biological father. so much for the "family values" movement. Like most vocal "ex-gay" types, Greg seems to be one of those people who is all about having his own needs met. It's not about Jesus, it's about ego stroking and Jesus is a good excuse for it. No one deserves a parent like that.

QFT!

One thing I've always found weird about XGay Greg is how he decries LGBT people for defining themselves by their sexuality (though he would define it as a sin), when he does exactly the same thing on a much larger scale. His entire "ministry" is based on his sexuality, and he uses it as a "hook" to get people to pay attention to him. It's really no different than how he was supposedly "the most popular gay on the beach" (which I don't believe LOL) and wanted all the guys to pay attention to him and give him stuff. As I recall, he was grifting and mooching off his male partner then as well. Like many a grifter, he's still in the con business, but has simply switched venues. :music-tool:

I hope none of the numerous offspring of other families have to go through this.. is there anything from before his straight seminar or whatever they call it?

thats a lot of text btw going to read it now, the world of hormones are horrifying you can get non pregnant convinced to be pg and pregnant convinced they arent...

I hope though that the woman hasnt got a tumor in the uterus , bloddy fundie do another scan and youll see if theres life as you want i there and not a tumor...

Archived