IGNORED

New Documents published by In Touch

DeFrauder

Maybe Jana is just a really really really light sleeper? Maybe Jill and Jessa sleep like the dead? That'd be my guess at any rate.

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

1.5-3 years old was the age of the 2nd youngest during the baby making holiday. If Michelle kept the youngest with her (even slightly post weaning) than Jana would have a 9months - 3 year old in. Its the older babies who would be more likely to wake a fuss then a new born and who a change in sleep habit (suddenly crying/wanting to play at night when they didn't normally do so) would have been more noticed in.

That said I imagine that even if Jill didn't officially have the babies, she still would have littles crawling into her bed once Jana's was full.

I'd be surprised if she didn't have a little near her when Josh was touching.

There are other reasons for Jana's sparing

- was she already developed and not as interesting physically to Josh :angry-steamingears:

- did she have more access to Michelle - she's the one Michelle would have had to parent to teach the girl facts of life to - that could be a threat to him

- was she going of with Amy and getting secret girly gossip - Amy could have recognised good touch/bad touch, and Jana is her closest in age girl cousin - again a threat

- was her relationship with JD enough of a threat, JD was the one boy who had the best chance of standing up to Josh, were they sleeping together - (in a twin comfort thing - not an icky way)

- was she awake sister mumming while Josh was about to molest

It is a huge red flag though - teenage hormonal experimentation, you'd expect the curiosity to focus be on the one who was more physically developed not the pre-pubescent ones. Jill would have started puberty at the time, the other 3 had not... :cry: (for all of them)

The babysitter was OLDER than Jana. She was an adult at the time of the report. Therefore, there's NO EVIDENCE to support that it had anything to do with Jana's development. Also, as has been stated before on here, the Duggars seem to be on the later side when it comes to puberty, so it's very plausible that Jana was NOT at all developed, and she wasn't target (IF she wasn't) for reasons that had nothing to do with her sexual maturity.

Also, I never really got the impression that Amy was close with any of the 4 older girls. She was close to Josh when they were children, and seems to be close to Joy now, but that's about it. I doubt it had anything to do with that. Plus, when would Jana have had access to Amy that Jill, Jessa, and Jinger wouldn't have?

Michelle probably NEVER taught any "facts of life" beyond "always put out for your husband, always be modest, and track your cycle!" Also, Josh was caught and faced pretty much no consequences. His parents finding out probably wasn't a threat to him.

I really don't see JD as being any more protective over Jana than say Joseph is over Jinger. Actually, I would say Joseph is more protective. Clearly a relationship with the brothers didn't deter Josh. And, why would JD ONLY be protective over ONE of his sisters? If he was going to attack Josh for harming Jana, he would have attacked Josh for having harmed any of the others, especially Joy. The "twin" argument would really only hold weight if Jana and JD were from a different family than the other victims.

I'm not sure why I think this but I believe that at one stage the Duggars lived in Little Rock while Boob played politician. That might explain the 2 rooms for the girls? OR The second room for the girls was the lounge room, which I think has been mentioned before.

I'm not sure why I think this but I believe that at one stage the Duggars lived in Little Rock while Boob played politician. That might explain the 2 rooms for the girls? OR The second room for the girls was the lounge room, which I think has been mentioned before.

I think you are right. They grifted a house for part of the time when Boob was a state rep. He left office in '02 so maybe they were living in a bigger house when the first assaults took place.

I'm not speculating about her identify, because I don't have a clue, but this may shed a different light the relationship of the fifth victim to the Duggars. Maybe she was a family friend the brought from Springdale, or maybe she wasn't all that connected to them. If it's the latter, they may have more to fear from her.

^^^^ She had a Fayetteville address in police report. Also police report said Johnson st house.

Thanks. You're right, of course.

So they were in a little house and boys and girls were likely sharing bedrooms if the girls were housed in two different ones.

I've always wondered if he had attempted something with Jana as well and she never told her parents. Perhaps she said something about it to John David or he suspected. That would explain why JD never seemed all that close or fond of Smugs.

It would be interesting to figure out when the girls started sleeping in their clothes as well as how often one of the little boys slept in the girls room. Wasn't it Jackson we saw sleeping on the floor once? Call me a conspiracy theorist but I think all those things are related. (No pun couldn't think of a better word.)

I've always wondered if he had attempted something with Jana as well and she never told her parents. Perhaps she said something about it to John David or he suspected. That would explain why JD never seemed all that close or fond of Smugs.

It would be interesting to figure out when the girls started sleeping in their clothes as well as how often one of the little boys slept in the girls room. Wasn't it Jackson we saw sleeping on the floor once? Call me a conspiracy theorist but I think all those things are related. (No pun couldn't think of a better word.)

Well, I mean no one seemed particularly fond of smuggar regardless, other than mom, dad, and Anna. So I guess we can do what we wish with this info.

True enough, maybe it's a case of which came first. That and that the favorite son acted so entitled. e.g. reaching in front of the smaller ones to get his share of food. As seen in the episode when the family was moving in to the TTH.

"Reaching in front of the smaller ones to get his share of the food"..... I remember one of my brother's friends, who was one of six children, had a quick and snappy reach at the table... he always said, "he who is fastest gets fed"... or, "you snooze, you lose">.. they had enough to eat, but not a tremendous amount of extra. So I'm thinking that's a fairly normal thing for kids in a large family to do.

Doesn't mean I like Josh any better, or at all...

"Reaching in front of the smaller ones to get his share of the food"..... I remember one of my brother's friends, who was one of six children, had a quick and snappy reach at the table... he always said, "he who is fastest gets fed"... or, "you snooze, you lose">.. they had enough to eat, but not a tremendous amount of extra. So I'm thinking that's a fairly normal thing for kids in a large family to do.

I've seen this in large families, too...but I don't get it. If there isn't that much wouldn't you portion it out so everyone got their share? Or you know, teach them to take only their portion so everyone eats? Always reminds me of the Mary Tyler Moore episode where Mr. Grant took too much of Sue Ann's veal prince orloff.

LOL Thanks for reminding me of something from my marriage. I was an only child while my husband was one of six. At family gatherings he had to coach me to jump right in rather than to wait for my turn to serve myself.

However, his family had a code word that they used for company. It was FHB. (Family hold back.) I guess at that point I wasn't company.

JD isn't exactly demonstrative with anyone that I've seen, and as Shepherdontherock noted, nobody seems particularly fond of Smuggar except Michelle.

I know that part of this site is snarking and speculation, but I'm a bit uncomfortable with the idea of speculating on how a child avoided a sexual predator. That suggestion that one of the children had some additional control because of who they slept near, or their age, or they fought him off, or their birth order of the family - it grazes a little too close to victim blaming (though I don't think that's the posters' intent). The only things we know are that:

1. The eldest girl hasn't been identified as a victim.

2. She may be a victim - we have no clue, and sexual offenders often have victims who never disclose. Then again, she may not be.

JD isn't exactly demonstrative with anyone that I've seen, and as Shepherdontherock noted, nobody seems particularly fond of Smuggar except Michelle.

I know that part of this site is snarking and speculation, but I'm a bit uncomfortable with the idea of speculating on how a child avoided a sexual predator. That suggestion that one of the children had some additional control because of who they slept near, or their age, or they fought him off, or their birth order of the family - it grazes a little too close to victim blaming (though I don't think that's the posters' intent). The only things we know are that:

1. The eldest girl hasn't been identified as a victim.

2. She may be a victim - we have no clue, and sexual offenders often have victims who never disclose. Then again, she may not be.

I completely agree. I understand why people are curious or may want to talk about it - but it does seem a bit out of line to me as well.

As far as we know right now (with complete accuracy) Jana was not harmed by Josh. Its possible she lied, but there is no way for us to know for sure. As it stands, I do think its a bit out of line to speculate on that.

ETA (because I don't think sometimes): I meant its a bit out of line to speculate on how Jana could have avoided the molestation.

I, too, find it inappropriate- especially speculating that he avoided Jana because he was not attracted to her. I think that pushes into an area that we definitely can't speak to.

My friend had 2 older brothers and that was it, and they still had that problem, especially when the boys were going through puberty.

Hell, I have a friend who was one of 2. Her mom has horror stories of putting large chickens in the fridge to be served at dinner and coming home to find that he had eaten the whole thing as a snack and wanted to know when dinner was going to be served. He also had a habit of drinking a gallon of milk a day.

And it's not just a boy problem. When I was in high school, my friends and I were like bottomless pits. Back when groceries used to cost my mom $150 a week to feed 5 people, my friends and I went through $200 worth of food in an afternoon and were still hungry.

The closest I can come to a large family is when all my cousins would get together (there were 14 of us). There was always enough food, but as the PP said, there was little to no extra; even with all 4 families and my grandparents supplying food.

Mr. B. has three brothers. When the four boys were all teenagers together it was a popular job to help unload the car on grocery day. My MIL said quite alarming amounts of food did not survive the trip from car to cupboard.

Mr. B. has three brothers. When the four boys were all teenagers together it was a popular job to help unload the car on grocery day. My MIL said quite alarming amounts of food did not survive the trip from car to cupboard.

That can happen with grown husbands too. lol

Regarding the redacting of the J'Girls on the reports... I'm assuming there are standards and protocol for doing this and it's not just a willy-nilly free-for-all with the black marker, isn't there? I can only imagine the wild speculation we'd have had if the majority of the details were blacked out. I suppose in this case since we know so much about the family, it was easy to piece together who was who. It's a shame that it was that obvious and provided them no privacy, but I pretty much gave up that sympathy after the Fox News sell-out with the girls. I'm over feeling sorry for them. They claim it's all good and they have forgiven, so be it.

There are standards, but that doesn't mean that they're always followed perfectly, that there's no room for interpretation, or that everyone doing the redacting is properly trained or otherwise capable of doing it correctly...

Archived