IGNORED

New Documents published by In Touch

DeFrauder

It's code for,"I can spot a lesbian agenda a mile away".

I needed this laugh today! Thanks, Ode. :lol: :clap: :lol:

DeFrauder: My first thought was maybe he was referring to his view on constitutional law. However, seeing that he is Huckabee's lawyer, perhaps your former suggestion is correct.

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think any attorney who would take this case and represent the Duggars on a contingency basis (waiting to take a percentage of whatever settlement amount is agreed upon, or award granted by a jury), would be a fool who will soon need a bankruptcy attorney. I'd also suggest that they make sure their attorney malpractice policy is up to date, because if they lose the case, JimBob might just decide to file a malpractice suit against that attorney.

The costs to pursue such a lawsuit would add up quickly. Like you said, the initial filing fee, then you would have to pay to have the suit served by a process server, then the costs related to the discovery phase (issuing subpoenas for records, court reporter fees for taking depositions, fees to hire any experts, etc.). Not to mention the cost of the attorney's time, and the fact that this is a dog of a case.

There are attorneys who will take on a case, even a sure loser. But usually those attorneys require a large retainer up front, and that the client must replenish the retainer whenever it falls below a certain amount.

I wonder if this Crass lawyer is trying to get the City to cough up some "just make this go away" money without having to actually file a suit. It doesn't cost him much time or money to text or send a sternly worded letter. If the result is he's told by the City to go pound salt, this Crass guy could then decline to represent the Duggars in any actual lawsuit, and give them 3 or 4 names of plaintiff attorneys in the area who might be interested in taking on the case.

This is my feeling too. I highly doubt that this is a case would go anywhere so this is the next best thing to wring money out of the city. I can't imagine what sort of things JB could come out with about the police chief than what could be worse than what has been revealed about his own family. This just seems to be something born out of JB's imaginings that he's some sort of mover and shaker.

What is very weird/odd to me is that to date, NONE of the "of age" Duggars has avoided the attraction of the grift. I would be so humiliated and embarrassed to continually expect others to provide me with things that I am perfectly capable, with a little work, knowledge, initiative and skill to provide for myself. How is it that every.single.Duggar.Dillard.Seewald [Duggar related] believes that grifting is somehow a Godly virtue?

The issue is the city released a less redacted version of the Duggar documents, allowing for the public to know(easily figure out) the names of the underage victims. In Touch made those documents public.

This case could certainly go somewhere; although, the city will probably settle as basically indicated in the emails. This is standard. It is not grifting, depending on who is bringing the lawsuit. The victims are 100% in filing a lawsuit against the city and I hope they get paid.

How is it that every.single.Duggar.Dillard.Seewald [Duggar related] believes that grifting is somehow a Godly virtue?

Because it works.

Because it works.

IDK about working in the long run...you have to have something tangible to offer. JB might have had that in the 1980s, but he got greedy. Most of his adult kids have nothing to offer. JD is trying, but I'm sure he has to work really hard to counter the pull of the Duggar lazy gene. Jana also has potential.

I'm going to guess they got a defense attorney since they're more used to representing people without them self-incriminating.

This is bringing more harm then good to the situation. The scandal was starting to fade away, wasn't updated daily in the news anymore. This has brought it up again and made them look even more guilty then they already are.

I don't know if this is related to the Duggar FOIA requests, but per the June Tontitown city council meeting minutes:

"OLD BUSINESS

e. Discuss and Vote on FOIA Policy and Procedures—McCormick Tabled

Will bring back to the C.O.W."

I haven't found any mention of it in the latest Committee of Whole meeting minutes. Nor did I find it in early C.O.W. minutes. I could've missed it, but I check the earlier ones because it said bring BACK to C.O.W., though they are kinda loosey goosey with the language in the minutes.

Is it bad that I immediately jumped to "why buy the cow when you can get the milk for free" when I read that? :lol:

Anyway, I hope it gets out that the Duggars were using Fuckabee's laywer. The more the Duggars fuck-ups can hurt him too, the better.

Hope the attorney smacked him with a high hourly rate and took him to the cleaners.

Serves him right for turning the Freedom of Information Act into his own little world of martyrdom.

Fox News was massively stupid letting the Duggars get away with their accusations, knowing all the reports were accessed legally.

It sounds like an attempt at a shakedown. But if the city didn't cough up the money, who exactly were the Duggars going to tell? Is there any news outlet sympathetic to them now and willing to publicize their woes?

And what would the Duggars have said? "When the Freedom of Information Act made America aware that our son Josh admitted to child molestation, the city didn't redact the document as fully as they should have and made it possible to figure out who he molested, and they shouldn't have done that?" What would that do, other than remind America that Josh is a child molester and that, oh yes that's right, he molested his sisters?

The city probably ought to have made it impossible to guess who the victims were, but that sounds like a careless or clumsy error rather than a malicious act. Repeatedly incestuous molestation of underage girls is a lot worse, and involves malice aforethought every single time.

In the Duggars' situation I think I'd hold back from even threatening to sue. The last thing they need, locally, is to have a bunch of people in City Hall annoyed at them.

Do I get the feeling that Jim Bob thinks God is telling him to lash out at people? In his situation I'd be telling my kids to be polite and cordial to everybody they meet and keep to the letter of the law--that they shouldn't even so much as come to a rolling stop at a stop sign. Do what it says and stop. I'd want every city official and all of my neighbors to be on my family's side.

Well, I guess Jim Bob must be right, since he's got a pipeline to God. I'd only be telling my family to do what my old man would have suggested, and he was a mere lawyer. He taught us to mind our p's and q's and keep our noses clean, and that having temper tantrums doesn't get you far in life. On the whole that's been a pretty successful strategy; but what did my old man the lawman and Presbyterian elder know, compared to Jim Bob, Walking Penis?

And what would the Duggars have said? "When the Freedom of Information Act made America aware that our son Josh admitted to child molestation, the city didn't redact the document as fully as they should have and made it possible to figure out who he molested, and they shouldn't have done that?" What would that do, other than remind America that Josh is a child molester and that, oh yes that's right, he molested his sisters?

Yep, that's about it.

How dare the City not assist the Duggars in covering up the police investigation into their BY THEN ADULT SON'S previous (and potentially ongoing) serial sexual assaults!

Not gonna play in Peoria or anywhere else on the planet. Duggars, go home.

What professional does this by text message?

That is the question of day. They don't. A text message means nothing. All it was is a threat and that is also unprofessional.

If anyone should sue, it should be the police chief. For libel/slander.

I hope she does.

The issue is the city released a less redacted version of the Duggar documents, allowing for the public to know(easily figure out) the names of the underage victims. In Touch made those documents public.

This case could certainly go somewhere; although, the city will probably settle as basically indicated in the emails. This is standard. It is not grifting, depending on who is bringing the lawsuit. The victims are 100% in filing a lawsuit against the city and I hope they get paid.

Even Fox News acknowledged they'd likely get little, if anything, from the city. Between the requirements of FOIL and municipal immunity, any settlement would be small or very long in coming. In Touch's actions are covered by the First Amendment. It appears they obtained the documents legally.

The daughters aren't the victims of the city or a tabloid. They are the victims of Josh Duggar and their parents. Bad enough to be molested by your brother, but none of this would ever have come to light years later if Dim Bob and Michelle hadn't forced their kids to appear on a reality show shortly after the assaults and the cover up. Not to mention all the hate speech that was bound result in inquiring minds wanting to know more about these clowns.

Yeah, also agree that the person with the black marker could have used more forethought.

But I'm also completely amazed that Megyn Kelly didn't get more flack for totally outing Jinger as a victim during the Jill & Jessa interview. Until that point the identity of the 4th sister victim was still a question.

She's such a hypocrite for fist pounding about the careless redacting job when she was totally careless and ID'd one of the victims herself!

I agree, the redaction could have been done better.

It probably could have been, but I wonder if the person doing them wasn't aware of how closely some follow this family and how clear some of the interviews would be. But really, when it indicates that Josh molested 4 young girls in the house, and there were only 5 young girls living in the house, it would have been just as clear. The Duggar interview itself was the one that finally outed which 4 were the victims. Before that, even we couldn't figure out who was who. They could have redacted more identifying information, but it was he magnitude of Josh's crimes, not the details on the report, that made the victims obvious.

Even Fox News acknowledged they'd likely get little, if anything, from the city. Between the requirements of FOIL and municipal immunity, any settlement would be small or very long in coming. In Touch's actions are covered by the First Amendment. It appears they obtained the documents legally.

The daughters aren't the victims of the city or a tabloid. They are the victims of Josh Duggar and their parents. Bad enough to be molested by your brother, but none of this would ever have come to light years later if Dim Bob and Michelle hadn't forced their kids to appear on a reality show shortly after the assaults and the cover up. Not to mention all the hate speech that was bound result in inquiring minds wanting to know more about these clowns.

None of it would have seen the light if the Duggar parents had actually followed through with the correct, legal actions. Josh could have done time, the girls could have gotten help, and all of that would have been done before they had a show. Especially if they reacted that way as soon as they had discovered the events were happening. One, maybe two, victims in their sleep? That would have been a very minimal sentence, if that. There was a kid in my middle school class who was roughly the same age as Josh when he started attacking the girls. This kid had a habit of slipping his hands up girl's shirts to cop a feel when they were doing something like getting water from the water fountain. 5 girls reported him to the principal. The police showed up, took him out of the classroom, talked with his parents. He ended up in court where the judge impressed upon him the seriousness of touching people without their consent, and he was required to attend therapy. That was it. And, when he turned 18, he was able to seal his records.

If they had acted when it FIRST happened and gotten Josh the help he needed BEFORE his behavior escalated instead of worry about image in a public campaign that eventually failed, the other victims may not have been victimized, the letter to Oprah may have never happened, the records could have been sealed before the show occurred, and none of us would have been any the wiser to Josh's teenage behaviors.

Yeah, also agree that the person with the black marker could have used more forethought.

But I'm also completely amazed that Megyn Kelly didn't get more flack for totally outing Jinger as a victim during the Jill & Jessa interview. Until that point the identity of the 4th sister victim was still a question.

She's such a hypocrite for fist pounding about the careless redacting job when she was totally careless and ID'd one of the victims herself!

Joy to Jessa were always known as the victims. It was a question of Jill or Jana as the 4th victim. The Duggars outed Jill as the 4th victim.

They still didn't deserve to be publicly outed as molestation victims of that was not their choice.

It's not really a question of what they didn't deserve. The issue is the Freedom of Information Act requirements and whether even heavier redaction would have been sufficient to meet those requirements. Could they legally redact Jim Bob and Michelle's names? If so, on what basis? I very much doubt you can redact the location of assaults.

My guess is that people would have figured who was who even if more redaction was permissible. Or it would have led to wild speculation that the Duggars would have eventually had to clarify. I don't see any way around it.

You may not like it, but this was a public record and it had to be released to pursuant to Arkansas Act 93 of 1967. If Jim Bob and Michelle hadn't made their children public figures after all these things happened to them, they would never have been publicly outed.

Reason 982 why you should never pimp your children out for a TV show.

They still didn't deserve to be publicly outed as molestation victims of that was not their choice.

No, they didn't. I think (hope) mist would agree those girls got victimized again. I don't think they have any recourse though, again, ultimately because of how the parents handled it.

I wonder how JimBob explains it to the kids. He's always translating reality for them.

Archived