IGNORED

(Possible Fundie?) Family Murders in Tulsa

JesusPony

Okay this is fascinating. You should pretty much be able to follow my searches and get to the same places I'm about to mention on internet.

OK, I started by typing in their address in quotes and Oklahoma.

Domain look up sites began coming up.

One of the 46 sites registered to April is called 714.net

I did a number of searches on that domain, and discovered it had been registered to April since its Creation in 1996.

Shortly after a Google book search on the 714.net brought up a Los Angeles magazine from 1998. The ad in the back of the magazine was highlighted by Google books : its a chat room personals ad! Advertising several sites...one is 714.net.

Okay...the ad says "Oasys Global Network" ...so I searched that...its owned by another company! But the person to contact is webmaster@gtekmedia,

So I searched THAT and found this weird video....that is a Christian hybrid biz...wait, that owns a company that hired 714.net back in the 80s for singles chat rooms.

Watch the video about them here Gtekmedia - YouTube

Does any of this mean anything? Probably means I'm obsessing over this and its time to let it go. ..

Gtekmedia is a graphic design firm that does websites among other things. Being the webmaster addy means nothing more than they designed and were maintaining the site.

Also 714.net is registered through ICANN to a client in Beijing China. Not sure where you're looking but internic takes you to icann which takes you here.

whois.icann.org/en/lookup?name=714.net

Some religious deal with a Whois embedded...not something you see everyday.

She had loads of websites and was found on a message board asking advice on the best way to make money from them. As I posted up thread its not a good business plan as its too scattershot, but seems to me like someone trying to make money working from home and doesnt appear to have been all that successful at it.

I broke your links in my reply as not sure where they lead.

Anyway I'm confused as to your point, but I don't think this show anything except that she scooped up a lot of domains trying to earn some money.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 217
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks for posting this - so interesting and really creepy. Did you watch the videos? I haven't.

If it turns out they taped the killings, my God, I don't even know how to process that.

Interesting that the extended family has still has nothing to say. Has there ever been a tragedy like this where no one in the family was talking?

I think the family is smart to not speak to the media.

Yeah there are two videos of him rambling about games and one really awful to watch video of him messing around with the other brother. Awful because it all looks so normal.

Yeah, the videos really do seem normal, normal dumb teen boy stuff. It weirds me out because his speech patterns are very similar to a 13-year-old neighbor, sweetest kid ever. His pronunciation of consonants always sound especially rounded to me, and that's how this kid talked. It's weird to see video of him, his gestures and facial expressions and such.

That video with his brother is the only one that bothered me. Is that Michael....or is that Daniel? :(

The other ones I was fine watching. He's just talking about things like writing a skit and his new faux-hawk. And just to not, I don't think most fundie boys are allowed to have faux-hawks. I think they were just a very bizarre homeschooling family.

I've been so into this story since it broke but I didn't know there was a thread for it here until a little bit ago. I've been trying to catch up!

Maybe I am just derping but I'd like to add a story that is available to members only and I can't find the code for it. But I know I've done it before.

I double-checked to see if anyone here had posted it, and I didn't see it. It seems this happened at least a day ago (because it's now after midnight, haha, I'm just confusing myself trying to figure out the timeline here when I'm worn out from work), but I didn't actually find this link until I looked at the wikipedia page. The article was first posted on the 6th, but it appears the article was updated yesterday on the 25th, perhaps that's when the decision was made.

The documents have been released:

news article that provided them: http://www.kjrh.com/news/local-news/inv ... e-released

documents (pdf) hosted by news site: http://media2.kjrh.com/html/pdfs/PDAdmi ... 282%29.pdf

Does anyone know what it means when it says 'Education Level: 00' ? It says that for both Robert and Michael. I wondered if it meant they hadn't graduated? Obviously they didn't go through public school, and if they hadn't yet taken their GED, would there not be any record of their academic levels? I'm not sure how strictly homeschooling is monitored in Oklahoma so I don't know if they're required to go through standardized testing like they would be in public school, thus resulting in a 'level 00'.

It just stuck out to me since most of the time, if they don't have the information about the person, the slot is left blank. This was filled in, so I was just curious what that meant.

Although, they also both have '000-00-0000' as their social security numbers. I guess the police were probably working off an automated form that supplied number values for some categories, and that SS# wasn't filled in, and education level probably wasn't filled in either. (And I don't think this suggests necessarily that the kids don't have social security numbers, though I have heard more about this happening by people who are paranoid about their children being 'on the grid'. I wouldn't have known my SS# at 18 or 16, I didn't learn it until I had to start filling out financial/work/housing forms and such throughout college.)

The Inspector Clouseau video is rather disturbing. I wonder why he chose that clip?

So sad. Looking at the videos, I don't see a psychopath. I just see a socially awkward kid. But he sure had a dark side. I hope the 13 year old will recover. Can't imagine processing that. Hope the little one doesn't remember and thrives.

*edited a typo

I've been thinking a lot about the 13 year old sister. Her name is Crystal.

I think, her entire family is gone. The only one left who hasn't horrifically betrayed her is only 2 years old, will probably not remember this event, and she won't be able to discuss it with the majority of people she knows. They won't be able to handle how horrible it was, won't be able to properly deal with her grief and anger and vulnerability. I really hope someone ensures that she gets therapy for as long as she needs it. This kind of trauma can't be dealt with just by having loving support, you need a venue to discuss the harm that happened to you.

But I also think about how many people visit relatives in prison. These boys killed the majority of the people who would be willing to visit them. They'll probably go to prison for life, and Robert may end up executed for what he's done. But if anyone would consider visiting them, it's probably the 13 year old sister, if she could overcome any fear she might have at seeing them again. What would she say to them, or them to her? It's all so beyond imagining that I don't have the first idea. I don't believe they could have EVER loved someone and then tried to stab them to death, but I think that sometimes the victim, who knows and loves the criminal, could believe that about them. That maybe there was some reason behind it that would make sense of things. And I can't imagine that kind of resolution will ever be available to her. She may find a wonderful counselor who helps her come to terms with what happened, but I just can't imagine that she will ever be able to understand why it happened.

• 3 months later...

I'm still following this crime and wondering if anyone else here has been watching out for information on it. I saw recently that the autopsy reports were available but I wasn't sure how a person goes about getting something like that (not that I necessarily think I would like to look at them, but that was the most recent information I found about it and wondered if anyone here who is interested in medical stuff may have seen anything there worth talking about). I recently searched for Robert Bever's name in google and it brought up an article about his old youtube posts (all at least two years old, which the article states but doesn't really treat as important, as if 2 years time is no big deal to a mentally unstable teenager and describing everything as 'chilling' like he knowingly made stupid youtube videos about his fauxhawk while also planning a mass murder). Really the only thing I took away from that article was that the screencaps from the videos seemed to show the younger of the offenders looking really uneasy in the presence of his older brother. But I'm probably biased; I really, really don't want to believe that two brothers could both be so on board with murdering everyone else in their family.

I can't keep up with these kind of things because, like all of us I'm sure, I have other distractions in my life. I'm wondering if anyone has found any relevant articles I've missed recently, or information about this murder that they could share. I also wonder what the autopsies may have revealed but I don't believe I have enough resolve to actually figure out how to get my hands on the autopsy reports or look through for myself.

The last I heard of this case was right after the autopsies were released.  I don't recall there being much new information outside the fact that the pattern of injuries suggested that the mother was the focus of much of the violence.  I have heard that the attorney for the younger boy is planning on fighting to have him tried as a juvenile to the fullest extent the law allows.  He will no doubt be raising constitutional issues that arise in these circumstances.  That could significantly delay proceedings in the case.  I don't think either side in this case is looking for pretrial publicity, so we may not learn much of anything until the court proceedings really get under way.  

While I am not at all interested in expressing any personal opinion on the issue of trying juveniles as adults in terms of this particular case, I will say that the general issue is one that does, in my opinion, need to be addressed and refined.

• 2 years later...

Bumping to post the sentences. Robert, the older brother was sentenced to life in prison without the possibility of parole in 2016 after pleading guilty to the murders. Michael, the younger brother who was 16 at the time, got five life sentences plus 28 years (for assaulting one of the sisters who survived). His sentences add up to 253 years and according to Oklahoma law, he must serve 85 percent of his sentence before being eligible for parole which means he'll be dead before he's eligible. 

https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/teen-serve-life-sentence-family-034833527.html

Archived