IGNORED

From evangelical to ISIS

ophelia

Of course she can be charged with supporting terror or joining Isis. The U.S. Has put people in jail who just planned to go. Wouldn't shock me if she's already charged.

The part of the story that makes no sense is when she moved in with her parents in Tennessee to have a baby. Especially if her parents are so awful, and Sweden has benefits and free healthcare.

I bet Sweden is looking pretty appealing right about now.

Could it have anything to do with getting the baby a US passport? (I guess it's easier to get one if the baby is born there rather than apply for one from Sweden and risk an investigation about what she is doing here.) Just speculating, I don't really know how it works.

It's also possible that they are not legally married, since the article mentions that they got married in his apartment. It's not uncommon for fundamental muslims to just get a muslim wedding and not register it.

If she is not legally married to him she would probably be here on a visitors visa and have to pay for her own healthcare.

It would be interesting to know if they are legally married and if she has a permanent residence permit or not. I'll see if I can find anything.

Happy to hear that it's at least one country that has laws against joining or supporting terrorist groups. One of our ministers compared fighting for IS to the Swedish volunters who went to Finland to fight the Russians during the Finnish winter war, so I guess that they won't do anything about it anytime soon.

Could it have anything to do with getting the baby a US passport? (I guess it's easier to get one if the baby is born there rather than apply for one from Sweden and risk an investigation about what she is doing here.) Just speculating, I don't really know how it works.

It's also possible that they are not legally married, since the article mentions that they got married in his apartment. It's not uncommon for fundamental muslims to just get a muslim wedding and not register it.

If she is not legally married to him she would probably be here on a visitors visa and have to pay for her own healthcare.

It would be interesting to know if they are legally married and if she has a permanent residence permit or not. I'll see if I can find anything.

Happy to hear that it's at least one country that has laws against joining or supporting terrorist groups. One of our ministers compared fighting for IS to the Swedish volunters who went to Finland to fight the Russians during the Finnish winter war, so I guess that they won't do anything about it anytime soon.

Babies born to US citizens can get US passports anywhere, well maybe not in an ISIS warzone.

One of the articles says that he wasn't a Swedish citizen or resident, which I guess would make getting her prenatal care tough in Sweden. Guess she got ISIS prenatal care this time around.

I think many western countries have similar anti-terrorism laws, don't they? I am pretty sure Canada, France, and Britain do. I read an article just this morning about an Australian man facing charges after he was (reportedly) forced to work as a nurse for ISIS after he was captured by ISIS forces during a humanitatian mission.

Archived