IGNORED

Only Raquel...

fiery redhead

She reminds me of a girl I hated in high school, god I hated that chick. She is a "relationship cocktease", for lack of a better term. She loves all of the male attention, will shamelessly flirt because they are "just friends", and when said guy gets romantical feelings, she will drop him like a bad habit. If guy bff has a girlfriend, that is even better, because then one gets to play the simpering "whyyyy doesn't she like me card".

Found the mystical ferret/penis. After recovering for some time and scraping my jaw off the floor, I can only say I do believe this girl has some serious issues going on. Delusions of grandeur, indeed!

I can't find it, but want to read it. Link, please?

By "string bikini", could she mean a thong back? I could see how that could be perceived as immodest in Portland, Oregon (and fail to raise a single eyebrow in Rio de Janeiro, for example. Yay cultural relativism.)

Agreed that she seems to have run out of stuff to write about. I think because really, very little is happening to her. She's living at home and so isn't being challenged by living independently, and doesn't have a job or a college course to fill her time. Sure, she has her band and blog and trips to Peru, but these are pretty typical for what somebody her age would do as hobbies on top of full-time work or study. If she had some energy limiting condition like depression or CFS it would make more sense, but she comes across as lazy and self obsessed.

I think she sees herself as being a Christian version of Paris HIlton or some other famous-for-being-famous type-- without actually having anything unusual about herself to leverage. She is working on her "brand" without there being any substance behind it.

ETA: I just realised that Raquel is the latest in a line of pet fundies of mind that included Mrs Anna T, Lina, and Anna Lofgren of Maidens of Worth. She's kind of a disappointment TBH. I hope somebody new pops up soon.

I'm dying to know what her family thinks. Obviously she is an adult, but dint parent-adult child relational politics aside: I think her parents appreciate the SAHD lifestyle for her because she seems to have perosnality/emotional issues. But I wonder if they are still trying to enforce a courtship or something to that extent (many now consider courtship a dirty word, but after a conversation with an ex of mine who is also exiting fundiedom I think that calling courtship what it is better than dancing around it, otherwise it's kind of creepy.) becuase she never uses the term "boyfriend" and pics of them outside of her in-home naked bible reading escapades are usually taken by someone else. (Save for the bikini scandal)

You can't blame this stuff on her family. She totally went in for all the courtship/modesty stuff on her own. I get the impression that her parents are the kind of artistically indulgent hippie Christian type and I guess they are letting her follow her bliss. But all the fundie type stuff is totally on her.

You can't blame this stuff on her family. She totally went in for all the courtship/modesty stuff on her own. I get the impression that her parents are the kind of artistically indulgent hippie Christian type and I guess they are letting her follow her bliss. But all the fundie type stuff is totally on her.

I would think so too, I just raised an eyebrow at the fact that most of her pics with her fuckboy look like chaperoned dates.

She's one of the oldest in a fairly large family. I'm sure she grabs a sibling and tells them "Here, take a picture" as they pass by. :P I hear their house isn't real big.

She recently posted 12 ways to, I don't know, go crazy in a really lame way? I want thoughts on her second point of basically just dumping people if they are not of "value" or say anything "meaningful". She's speaking in such a general context regarding these goals that she comes off a super self-centered and bitchy. So she is not even saying "be careful who you talk to because JESUS" but is just telling people to brush off people under vague circumstances if they are not immediately beneficial to the new and improved life plan. An awkward attempt at what would be in a "self improvement" scam of a course. At the end she uses an example of flirt buddies but that initial statement is rather strong.

2. Fresh

Clear out the clutter. Get a rid of anything or anyone who does not bring value, happiness or meaning to your life. This includes the old toy that you used to play with when you were five. And the guy/girl who only texts you to flirt and never has anything meaningful to talk about.

She recently posted 12 ways to, I don't know, go crazy in a really lame way? I want thoughts on her second point of basically just dumping people if they are not of "value" or say anything "meaningful". She's speaking in such a general context regarding these goals that she comes off a super self-centered and bitchy. So she is not even saying "be careful who you talk to because JESUS" but is just telling people to brush off people under vague circumstances if they are not immediately beneficial to the new and improved life plan. An awkward attempt at what would be in a "self improvement" scam of a course. At the end she uses an example of flirt buddies but that initial statement is rather strong.

Raquel is not known for her original thoughts and what has happened here is that she is trying to copy something she read about not keeping people in your life who bring negativity but doing a poor job of it.

If I had kept the toys I had played with when I was five I could sell them on ebay. :lol:

Archived