IGNORED

Everything About Harry Potter And Other Childhood Classics!

Anny Nym

On 8/18/2017 at 4:04 PM, cascarones said:

Our cat is named Diadem... She just stole the last TJ's vanilla wafer and is mocking me from under the couch.

HAHAHA, this is why I love cats.  :tw_face_cat: 

• Upvote 5

@VelociRapture EXACTLY!!! Harry was clearly suffering from PTSD-symptoms, almost died when HIS OWN BLOOD was used to bring Voldemort back, and people treated him like he was crazy and his loved ones were clearly hiding something from him. And then readers bitch and moan over how angry Harry was. OF COURSE HE WAS ANGSTY. Being a teenager alone would make him angsty, never mind all the trauma he has lived through. And the psychological damage of the abuse he endured as a child.

That's one thing that gets me. Did none of his teachers as a child ever pick-up on how Harry was underfed and wearing hand-me-downs several times too large? While his cousin had more than his share of everything? That as punishment Harry would be locked in he cupboard for weeks at a time, obviously missing class? No one ever called the British version of CPS?

I'm very passionate about Harry Potter, and very protective of my man, can you tell? :pb_lol:

@cascarones Huh, interesting. I've never heard that theory before.

One of my friends in college was very pissed about Lupin and Tonks being killed off. She'd say, "So JK Rowling writes an entire series on how much it sucks to be an orphan and then creates another one?" yup, pretty much.

And I thought JK Rowling killed off Fred as a replacement for Arthur. My heart is still broken over that death.

Edited by HarryPotterFan
  • Upvote 13

23 minutes ago, HarryPotterFan said:

I'm pretty obsessed with today being "19 years later."

Have you seen the photos from Kings Cross today!?!?!

• Upvote 6

13 minutes ago, 2manyKidzzz said:

Where are they? 

https://www.standard.co.uk/news/london/crowds-of-harry-potter-fans-descend-on-king-s-cross-to-celebrate-day-his-son-starts-at-hogwarts-a3625086.html

Right here! This is video, but I saw several stills too. Wish I'd been there (going next week, but it's not the same...).

• Upvote 7

1 hour ago, SapphireSlytherin said:

Have you seen the photos from Kings Cross today!?!?!

YES!! So exciting! I went back in May, but it's not the same! I wish I went there or to Wizarding World for the occasion!

• Upvote 3

I've been to Kings Cross several times, but have only gone to the 9 3/4 area twice. It's best early in the morning (before they put the owl in the cage and before they start selling the photos). No line, and all the time in the world to pose & take photos on your own. :)

BTW - I was there in May too! Wouldn't it be funny if our paths had crossed. lol

Edited by SapphireSlytherin
  • Upvote 5

2 hours ago, SapphireSlytherin said:

I've been to Kings Cross several times, but have only gone to the 9 3/4 area twice. It's best early in the morning (before they put the owl in the cage and before they start selling the photos). No line, and all the time in the world to pose & take photos on your own. :)

BTW - I was there in May too! Wouldn't it be funny if our paths had crossed. lol

That's amazing!! And that would have been hilarious! I was the adult that looks like a teenager wearing a Quidditch with very patient parents, haha 

• Upvote 5

8 hours ago, Bethella said:

For the Harry Potter fans @HarryPotterFan @SapphireSlytherin @CoveredInBees @2manyKidzzz @potato @HermioneSparrow (Who else am I missing?)

They got the time wrong!

I'm a huge HP fan (ebil tattoo and everything). My classroom is full of HP decorations including a full sized Snape and Newt cut out. I've been to the studio tour 3 times so far (last one was a school trip, yes I convinced my Principal to let me do that!) 

It was a brilliant day yesterday although a definite split between those who have seen CC and those who haven't (it's amazing on stage and the script doesn't convey the sheer wonder of seeing it) as to who people were "looking" for. #TeamScorpius

Edited by Coconut Flan
Snipped quote.
  • Upvote 10

8 hours ago, Bethella said:

For the Harry Potter fans @HarryPotterFan @SapphireSlytherin @CoveredInBees @2manyKidzzz @potato @HermioneSparrow (Who else am I missing?

It makes me so sad that this is the last day mentioned in the series (barring Cursed Child.... let's just pretend that didn't happen)

Edited by Coconut Flan
Snipped.
  • Upvote 5

We're seeing Cursed Child later this month. We've had the tickets for more than a YEAR, so our entire holiday is revolving around that date. Also doing the Harry Potter train and the Leavesden studio tour. I'm beside myself. Lol

• Upvote 3

56 minutes ago, SapphireSlytherin said:

We're seeing Cursed Child later this month. We've had the tickets for more than a YEAR, so our entire holiday is revolving around that date. Also doing the Harry Potter train and the Leavesden studio tour. I'm beside myself. Lol

Despite what some people think about it not being canon the Cursed Child is a visual treat on stage and well worth seeing. We saw it at the preview stage (the weekend before it opened) in the very hot summer of last year and despite that I was enthralled the whole way through (I hate being hot). Take a chance to explore the merchandise before and during the shows, there is stuff you can only get at the theatre. 

@HarryPotterFan.  I totally do the same thing; turn 45's staff members into HP villians!  It works way to well!  Omarosa Managault ( sp?) gets a spot.  I do like her name though.  But, she is a black woman loving 45 so, she's a Death Eater for sure!  Betsy is SO Umbridge.  Ugh.  My poor country. : (

• Upvote 2

37 minutes ago, ihaveanexamintwodays said:

Ah, the fandoms. I saw a little girl in the ER once called Renesmee, if I recall correctly her birthday was the year after the last Twilight movie came out.

Last year I took the toddlers I babysat to the children's museum, and they befriended two other toddler siblings called Cedric and Rowena :D #HarryPotter4Lyfe 

Haven't met any GoT namesakes yet, but I'm at some point I will haha....

I'm trying to figure out what Harry Potter name to give my future child and not sound insane. So Hermione is out. I absolutely love the name Lily Luna, but I don't want anyone thinking that means I like lily flowers because lilies are toxic to cats.

I also love Samwise Gamgee, so naming a child Sam isn't out of the question. 

Edited by HarryPotterFan
  • Upvote 2

6 minutes ago, HarryPotterFan said:

I'm trying to figure out what Harry Potter name to give my future child and not sound insane. So Hermione is out. I absolutely love the name Lily Luna, but I don't want anyone thinking that means I like lily flowers because lilies are toxic to cats.

Here you go:

Spoiler

- Evan (for Lily and Petunia Evans)

- Angelina

-Katie

- Alicia

- Any Weasley name

- James

- Harry

- Brian (hi Dumbledore!)

- Kendra

- Ariana

- Sybil

- Tom (shudder)

- Gregory

- Vincent

- Oliver

- Alice

- Frank

- Amelia

- Susan

- Emmeline

- Amos

- Arabella

- Dean

- Colin

- Dennis

- Seamus

- Dirk

- Helena

- Marjorie

- Lavender

- Nicolas

- Rita

- Poppy

- Zacharias

- Viktor

• Upvote 6

9 minutes ago, HarryPotterFan said:

Liliana is close and while it still means lilies, flows a bit closer to Lily Luna. My niece was a feather away from being named Hedwig. We've got Dean on our boy names list, not really because of HP, but it does carry both a person and place significance to the franchise. Though I'm still saltly that Remus got no name love and was excluded from Harry's forest walk, given he was the first person to really talk with Harry about his parents (nods to Hagrid's photo album).

• Upvote 3

A friend named her son Griffyn. When he learns something new she always says, "10 points to Gryffindor!" And he squeals with glee. :)

• Upvote 10

1 minute ago, SapphireSlytherin said:

A friend named her son Griffyn. When he learns something new she always says, "10 points to Gryffindor!" And he squeals with glee. :)

That's cute!!  

• Upvote 4

3 hours ago, ihaveanexamintwodays said:

Ah, the fandoms. I saw a little girl in the ER once called Renesmee, if I recall correctly her birthday was the year after the last Twilight movie came out.

Last year I took the toddlers I babysat to the children's museum, and they befriended two other toddler siblings called Cedric and Rowena :D #HarryPotter4Lyfe 

Haven't met any GoT namesakes yet, but I'm at some point I will haha....

I know someone who named their kid Khaleesi :pb_eek:

• Upvote 3

Yeeeeeah I have a friend who named her daughter Renesmee. We have to, as parents, remember that at some day, these children are going to be adults trying to get serious careers.  I can't remember what oddball name I had picked out for my oldest son, but my husband was like, no. He is going to need an adult name someday.  It was a huge wake up call for me about cutesy names.

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, cascarones said:

Though I'm still saltly that Remus got no name love and was excluded from Harry's forest walk, given he was the first person to really talk with Harry about his parents (nods to Hagrid's photo album).

Wasn't Remus there? I remember Harry apologizing for his death because he just had Teddy...

• Upvote 5

1 minute ago, Gillyweed said:

Wasn't Remus there? I remember Harry apologizing for his death because he just had Teddy...

Remus was definitely there for the forest walk!!

Remus was not a name given to one of Harry's biological children, which I know some Potter fans are salty about, but Teddy already carries his dad's name! 

• Upvote 4

I always loved Remus the most out of the Harry Potter Father Figures. Not that I didn't love Sirius, but, yeah. Remus was just so much more rational.

• Upvote 4