IGNORED

Bates Family - Part 3

happy atheist

Someone in another thread says she resembles Honey Boo Boo. My daughter arrived at 26 weeks and was only 1 pound 8 ounces. She has never had a bug eyed preemie look. She looks just like I did at her age - I'd post a pic but safety, ya know. I guess I don't have an association naturally with typically preemie stuff because she was actually very healthy and other than hearing aids for a year or so, she is perfect and super bright. She is a year younger than Josie.

I thought so too; in all the fuss about Mrs Honey Boo Boo suing TLC I hoped they would offer to bring them and the Duggars back......together. Okay, back to the Bates. The "wondering what happens next" gives me a good diversion off some other "wondering/waiting" I deal with in real life. Strangely comforting.

• Replies 951
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Josie doesn't look like most of the other kids, but she looks a lot like what one of them did.. I think either Joy or Jinger? Can't remember which one, but I saw a picture one time and it really struck me how much Joy/Jinger (again, can't remember) looked like Josie as a child. I think Josie's totally fine, and even if she's not, people who are trying to diagnose via television based on her looks are :doh:

I think Jinger looks the most like Josie.

I always thought Josie looked like Jackson with a less round face.

Neither Jim Bob nor Gill need a plane. It would be cheaper to fly commercial or drive than pay for the gas and maintenance on a plane. Not even taking into account the original cost of the plane. Jim Bob will never breakeven on the cost of the plane. Plus they are now spending big bucks for trips that rarely leave the region.

I am sure the Bates kid's lessons are free. Gil doesn't have that type of money and I can't see him spending it if he did. It is such a waste of time and money for people who would be better suited to having an education. They will never get hired as pilots when there are so many others who have real experience and an education.

I'm confused about the discussion of Josie Duggar in the Bates thread. Or are we really discussing Josie Bates? Someone unconfuse me.

I always thought Josie looked like Jackson with a less round face.

Neither Jim Bob nor Gill need a plane. It would be cheaper to fly commercial or drive than pay for the gas and maintenance on a plane. Not even taking into account the original cost of the plane. Jim Bob will never breakeven on the cost of the plane. Plus they are now spending big bucks for trips that rarely leave the region.

I am sure the Bates kid's lessons are free. Gil doesn't have that type of money and I can't see him spending it if he did. It is such a waste of time and money for people who would be better suited to having an education. They will never get hired as pilots when there are so many others who have real experience and an education.

absolutely to all this! I keep thinking about something I learned from well-informed pilots on the Duggar Aviation thread-- these little planes cost approximately US $100 (91.3 Euros) an HOUR to fly--not including the cost of the plane itself.And, I am not sure that includes the cost of mandatory flight insurance for the pilot, either.

This is an incredibly expensive hobby that the Bates cannot afford (nor can the Duggars, now that they have no TLC income, and more mouths to feed than ever before, with the addition of Josh's family)

If you look at pictures of Michelle as a little kid, she and Josie look a lot alike. I think Josie is okay looking. The rest of the Duggar sisters are very pretty, I think she'll probably be on par with the rest of them when she grows up.

As for a Bates discussion turning into the Duggars...all roads lead to the TTH, I guess :D

Loads of people have speculated this. Most likely it's just middle age weight gain.

I dont think it is. inam the same ave as her and i have r3cently lost 40 lbs. I have noticed a huge increase in her face from previous episodes i have seen. And it seems as if you just dont see much full body even the one 3pisode she seemed to always be behind something or one of the girls.

I'm catching up but on the topic of Kelly being pregnant. In one of the recent episodes (either the last or the one before), she mentions that she is on a diet. I don't think she is expecting.

Hasn't Kelly already said/implied that she's menopausal (new season of life or whatever nonsense they use to explain it)? I feel like it was a while ago too. Obviously women can sometimes get pregnant after they think they can't any more but I'd be incredibly surprised if she was.

Hasn't Kelly already said/implied that she's menopausal (new season of life or whatever nonsense they use to explain it)? I feel like it was a while ago too. Obviously women can sometimes get pregnant after they think they can't any more but I'd be incredibly surprised if she was.

I think she suggested she might be done but Gil has said that they're still trying. I guess he felt compelled to tell the viewing public that they're still doing it. Maybe he also believes she could become pregnant again. While I believe she has had her last, I admit that I'd enjoy thinking about Michelle's reaction if Kelly produced #20. :D

As much as I don't want another kid born into that clusterfuck, there will be one silver lining to her being pregnant. Michelle's face if Kelly delivers number 20!

No show, and only 19 kids. How far you will have fallen Michelle. Hehehe.

Someone in another thread says she resembles Honey Boo Boo. My daughter arrived at 26 weeks and was only 1 pound 8 ounces. She has never had a bug eyed preemie look. She looks just like I did at her age - I'd post a pic but safety, ya know. I guess I don't have an association naturally with typically preemie stuff because she was actually very healthy and other than hearing aids for a year or so, she is perfect and super bright. She is a year younger than Josie.

I was born at 24 weeks in the early 70s, with no major issues other than having to live in an incubator for the first few months. I looked pretty funky my first year with a weird oblong head and buggy eyes, but I didn't look anything like Josie past that first year.

I would find it hilarious if the Bates got to #20 and the Duggars didn't.

My mom had a friend who accidentally got pregnant when she was nearly 50. She just assumed she was going through menopause so she didn't figure out she was pregnant until about 4 months in. She already had four older kids and didn't want to start over, but they ended up really happy about the baby since they hadn't had a boy yet, and he has plenty of older sisters who adore him now.

The fact that Kelly and Michelle have never used any kind of birth control for the past few years and still haven't gotten pregnant (that we know of) makes me think that if it was going to happen it would have happened already, though.

Was just watching a Instagram video of Bradley crawling and it dawned on me that Zach and Whit hadn't announced Blessing # 2 yet. I sure do hope that they space their children out a bit and don't try to compete with his Mom and Dad.

I'm confused about the discussion of Josie Duggar in the Bates thread. Or are we really discussing Josie Bates? Someone unconfuse me.

Thread drifts are a part of FJ's boards culture, they are tolerated if not encouraged. I have learned very fascinating things I wouldn’t otherwise because of them. eventually it will get back to the Bates.

I agree with ya’ll. as much as ide hate for #20 to be born into fundamentalism I would LOVE to see Boob and Michele's reaction.

Was just watching a Instagram video of Bradley crawling and it dawned on me that Zach and Whit hadn't announced Blessing # 2 yet. I sure do hope that they space their children out a bit and don't try to compete with his Mom and Dad.

yeah, I also am hoping that we don't get an announcement from them for at least a few more months. Crossing my fingers.I believe Whitney is only 22.

Pretty sure JillyO is saying that uninsured people like tourists can't just go into a foreign ER and not have to pay. Unless it's different in Scotland.

I know that when I traveled overseas (I lived in CA and I was going to Europe), I was told to make sure that my health insurance would cover me over there or to get traveler's health insurance.

I don't think Josie is cute either, but I think she'll grow out of it. She still has the bug-eyed preemie look, and to me, most preemies don't look very attractive for the first few years (hope I don't sound like a meanie here). Once she gets older, I'm sure her face will fill out more, and she will lose that look. All of her sisters are beautiful, and I'm sure she will be, too.

I don't think she has a "bug eyed preemie look." I think her eyes are just like Jinger's.

I don't think any of them will compete with their mom and dad. The Duggars turn everything into a competition. Everything is about being better than everyone else all the time. Even JB competes against his children (remember the paintball episode and poor Josiah). The Bates aren't so competitive, actually they seem downright normal. I think Gil and Kelly are perfectly happy with their kids and had more kids for the mere fact that they kept getting pregnant. If Michelle had baby 20, I don't expect that Kelly or Gil will see their 19 as losing or feel the need to get pregnant right away; but if the tables turned, I think that Michelle and JB would do whatever it took to make sure they had a 20, and maybe throw in a 21 while they're at it. Likewise, I think that the Bateses kids will just have kids, and it wont be "who can out do mom and dad/a sibling;" whereas the Duggar kids who adopt the lifestyle will be very much into "who can out do mom and dad/a sibling" because they've been trained to view everything as a competition.

Zach and Alyssa have both shown that they intend to do things differently than their parents. Whether that will extend to family planning remains to be seen, but it does show that they have thought critically about the values their parents passed down to them and are willing to reject some of them if they do not agree.

I think Erin and Michael were the most likely of the currently/soon to be married Bates to follow in their parents footsteps, but Erin now needs to be more careful with pregnancies for medical reasons and Michael, because of her fundie-late marriage, may have a large but likely never mega family.

I'd be interested to see how the middle Bates do marriage and if they have more kids. In the Bates family, it seems like the middle girls escaped much of the work and personality wise seemed to be suited to the large family environment. They may have had a more positive experience and may try for the mega fam.

Zach and Alyssa have both shown that they intend to do things differently than their parents. Whether that will extend to family planning remains to be seen, but it does show that they have thought critically about the values their parents passed down to them and are willing to reject some of them if they do not agree.

I think Erin and Michael were the most likely of the currently/soon to be married Bates to follow in their parents footsteps, but Erin now needs to be more careful with pregnancies for medical reasons and Michael, because of her fundie-late marriage, may have a large but likely never mega family.

I'd be interested to see how the middle Bates do marriage and if they have more kids. In the Bates family, it seems like the middle girls escaped much of the work and personality wise seemed to be suited to the large family environment. They may have had a more positive experience and may try for the mega fam.

Fundie-lite? Since when is Brandon fundie-lite?

Fundie-lite? Since when is Brandon fundie-lite?

Georgiana said fundie-lAte. Michael is 25, which is late for fundies. She may not have a huge family because she started so much 'later' than other fundies. Michelle Duggar practised birth control for four years after marriage, but she married at 17. Kelly had her first child at 22 (same as with Michelle.)

Brandon is not fundie-lite. Michael doesn't seem like she will be either. I've never seen her in a skirt shorter than ankle-length.

Georgiana said fundie-lAte. Michael is 25, which is late for fundies. She may not have a huge family because she started so much 'later' than other fundies. Michelle Duggar practised birth control for four years after marriage, but she married at 17. Kelly had her first child at 22 (same as with Michelle.)

Brandon is not fundie-lite. Michael doesn't seem like she will be either. I've never seen her in a skirt shorter than ankle-length.

Yes! Sorry! I mean she is getting married LATE for a fundie, especially in comparison to her own sisters (20(?) and 19).

Likely, Michael will have a larger family, but I doubt she will hit double digits. With her first child at 26, it's likely she'll only have 5-8 kids, depending on how far spaced they are and how late she hits menopause.

Archived