IGNORED

Jani Schofield's parents are divorcing

mstee

I've never seen a rabbit hole this horrifying and depressing. ?

God help Jani and Bodhi.

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 1/14/2019 at 12:34 PM, Toothfairy said:

I knew this story sounded weird from the start. They've been exposed as money making fake parents. Susan is delusional and pimps out her kids. She also abused the system. They had CPS called on them multiple times 

https://kiwifarms.net/threads/susan-schofield-cabana-cory-cabana-michael-schofield-schofield-productions-bipolarnation.32802/page-299

This is a link with everything exposing them

This doesn’t surprise me. They seemed to seek out so much of the attention. I can’t believe doctors didn’t pick up on this sooner. 

4 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

This doesn’t surprise me. They seemed to seek out so much of the attention. I can’t believe doctors didn’t pick up on this sooner. 

I think it's possible that at least on doctor has. None would really be at liberty to speak publicly on the matter though (blah blah HIPPA).

• 1 month later...

For anyone following this hot mess:  Dr Phil has shows on featuring this family on Monday and Tuesday next week.  As far as I can tell from the promos he calls them out on some of their exploitation of the kids.

12 minutes ago, mamallama said:

For anyone following this hot mess:  Dr Phil has shows on featuring this family on Monday and Tuesday next week.  As far as I can tell from the promos he calls them out on some of their exploitation of the kids.

I saw one of the previews and I'm very much looking forward to this. I hope is that this will bring more scrutiny Susan and company's way.

If Dr. Phil is calling you out, you done messed up.  Who knows what irreparable harm has been done to the kids.  

3 hours ago, TXGirlInAMaterialWorld said:

If Dr. Phil is calling you out, you done messed up.  Who knows what irreparable harm has been done to the kids.  

It's really hard to get a good idea how much irreparable harm has been done because they're so doped up, but I suspect the best case scenario for the both of them in the future will be life in a nice group home. ?

• 2 weeks later...

Where can I watch the Dr. Phil episode? Has anyone seen it?

I watched a documentary on Jani in a class I took in grad school a few years ago. My professor didn’t say anything about the parents exploiting the kids and all of their awfulshenanigans. I can’t believe they had so many experts fooled for so long.

57 minutes ago, HarryPotterFan said:

Where can I watch the Dr. Phil episode? Has anyone seen it?

I watched a documentary on Jani in a class I took in grad school a few years ago. My professor didn’t say anything about the parents exploiting the kids and all of their awfulshenanigans. I can’t believe they had so many experts fooled for so long.

I saw both of them; it was a fiasco. I’ve been interested in the Schofield’s since the specials about Jani and have been following the kiwi farms thread, so none of it was a huge shock. I tried to imagine how this would appear if I hadn’t seen/read anything over the years. The mother, Susan, seemed unhinged, like a “ID Investigates” special or episode of “Snapped” just waiting to happen.

I've watched the first part of their recent Dr. Phil appearance (it's 2 episodes). I've been meaning to watch part 2, so maybe I'll see about watching that tonight.

One thing that made me roll my eyes is that Jani's dad seems to think her condition has improved.

Yeah, your chemically lobotomized daughter is doing great, Mike. ?

3 hours ago, littlemommy said:

I saw both of them; it was a fiasco. I’ve been interested in the Schofield’s since the specials about Jani and have been following the kiwi farms thread, so none of it was a huge shock. I tried to imagine how this would appear if I hadn’t seen/read anything over the years. The mother, Susan, seemed unhinged, like a “ID Investigates” special or episode of “Snapped” just waiting to happen.

YES! I've watched since the first special came out. There was always something so unhinged about Susan. She was almost happy to not listen to the doctor. Those poor children did not look taken care off. 

I've been friends with them both before through special needs kids communities and Susan is the most delusional of the two.  I've never thought that Bodhi had anything wrong with him except maybe ADHD or something, but Susan has continued to insist that there's something wrong with him.

They're divorced now and both remarried.  Susan continues to demonize Michael publicly.

I can't imagine why these kids haven't both been taken by CPS yet.

16 minutes ago, beckerbuns said:

I've never thought that Bodhi had anything wrong with him except maybe ADHD or something, but Susan has continued to insist that there's something wrong with him.

I can't imagine why these kids haven't both been taken by CPS yet.

I always thought it was weird when the doctors said he was on the spectrum and she insisted that he was also schizophrenic. I'm not sure why all those doctors didn't suspect something was wrong with the mom.

Now I remember why I hate Dr. Phil. He puts these mentally ill and unstable people on tv to get rich. How the hell does that help anybody but Dr. Phil?

I'm nornally not a huge fan of Dr. Phil but in this case I'm glad Susan's bullshit was exposed on a mainstream tv show. People have been voicing their disgust on all of her FB pages, and a subreddit has been created.

I found clips of the episodes on YouTube. The mom is claiming she took Bodhi to UCLA, where there is “one main doctor” and the rest are fellows. Seriously? She wants us to believe that a giant, prestigious institution has ONE attending?   In any university affiliated hospital there will be multiple attendings within one department. And then only a couple fellowships within that department. There’s no way there’s a ton of them or whatever she claimed. I’m annoyed Dr. Phil didn’t call her out on this because it’s such a lie. It would just show she has zero credibility and makes things up. And has no idea how reality works.

Did Dr. Phil not see what a delusional psychopath this woman is when they went on the show a few years ago?

I found one part online. She’s so awful. 

I, too, have been lurking on kiwifarms.  There's a rumor there from a supposed insider that the kids were taken by CPS.  Michael's new baby was born yesterday.  I don't know if the plan was for him to take the kids or what.  IMHO they'd be better served going to group homes where there are people experienced with autistic/mentally ill kids who can correctly assess what their needs are.

I have been wondering for awhile if anything is really wrong with Jani and Bodhi or if they’re victims of Muncahusen by proxy or a combination of the two (ie maybe some form of autism or adhd but not schizophrenia or 24/7 psychosis). If they have been taken into foster care, maybe they can finally get a real diagnosis or, at the very least, get away from medically abusive parents before they are abused further. I was on Clorazapam (the smallest dose possible) about ten years ago and that stuff is no joke, especially when you detox from it. I can’t imagine what that experience must be like for an eleven year old whose dose is high enough to tranquilize an elephant.

I remember seeing on a different website evidence that Susan and Michael tried to have Jani have a career as a child star/model (maybe a portfolio site or something?) and when that didn’t work they went the route of medical oddity. If true, that’s scary to contemplate that two people are that desperate for attention that they’d chemically lobotomize their own children. Maybe that explains why Bodhi suddenly became schizophrenic, because Jani was getting too old for her part, which is so gross to think about.

Watching part 2 of Dr Phil. Susan is so fucking smug and I've had it up to here with her blaming mental illness when it comes to school shootings. Not everything terrible in the world is the fault of mentally ill people, Susie. ?

I can’t say I’m surprised. Although I really wish this had happened a few years ago. I’m expecting the drs to come to the conclusion that they are over medicated. 

The kids both need to be detoxed and then figure out what is what.  There are so many drugs in their system I do not see how any medical professional could make an accurate diagnosis.  I swear the mother suffers from munchhousen by proxy.

So Michael knew it would happen. I really wish they had given him a heads up. That way he could have been there for the kids when they were removed (if it wasn’t the day of the csection). Now the kids are on their own in a shelter until Tuesday when he can get there. Hopefully Michael will make better medical decisions for his children. 

I'm still wondering why it took years for mandated reporters to notice something odd about Susans care. Doctors, nurses, therapists, caretakers, it shouldn't have taken this long for at least one person to speak up.

Archived