IGNORED

Jani Schofield's parents are divorcing

mstee

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I worry about Susan's mental state. :?

I keep wondering what it's going to take before there is some intervention on her behalf as she is pretty public about her instability.

You know, I work in a psyc hospital and we have a family who repeatedly brings their daughter in. Once she brought her back before even leaving the lot from her discharge because she was 'picking at her cut' which was a single scratch down the child's arm...more of a scrape.

By this point most of us think the child engages in behavior that makes the parents bring her in because she likes being in the unit. Her parents regiment her schedule and don't allow her to do much due to her mental health issues.

You know, I work in a psyc hospital and we have a family who repeatedly brings their daughter in. Once she brought her back before even leaving the lot from her discharge because she was 'picking at her cut' which was a single scratch down the child's arm...more of a scrape.

By this point most of us think the child engages in behavior that makes the parents bring her in because she likes being in the unit. Her parents regiment her schedule and don't allow her to do much due to her mental health issues.

That's sad that someone feels more free in an inpatient psych ward than in a home with their parents. I can't imagine THAT is good for their mental health!

The videos the mom posts of Bodhi are weird. She asks him these very leading questions, very intensely. "Is the Geodon working in your brain????" He's only 7, how is he going to be able to tell if the medicine is working? Especially since he Is taking a cocktail. In another she asks him "do you want to go to Stanford? Do you want to go to Standford?" How is a young child supposed to have an opinion about what hospital he wants to go to when I don't believe he had ever been to Stanford?

In some ways it is reminding me of the satanic daycare hysteria in the 80s and 90s when some children were asked leading questions and came up with absurd false stories. There's an interesting video on YouTube called "can you always believe the children?" that talks a little bit about that situation.

The videos the mom posts of Bodhi are weird. She asks him these very leading questions, very intensely. "Is the Geodon working in your brain????" He's only 7, how is he going to be able to tell if the medicine is working? Especially since he Is taking a cocktail. In another she asks him "do you want to go to Stanford? Do you want to go to Standford?" How is a young child supposed to have an opinion about what hospital he wants to go to when I don't believe he had ever been to Stanford?

In some ways it is reminding me of the satanic daycare hysteria in the 80s and 90s when some children were asked leading questions and came up with absurd false stories. There's an interesting video on YouTube called "can you always believe the children?" that talks a little bit about that situation.

YES! Exactly. Susan herself speaks to her children so oddly. I can't believe anything she says.

That video was really surprising, and pretty weird at some points... Why is the interviewer allowing the kid to beat on him like that? It's not like he was showing how he was being hit, and even if that were the case, couldn't they use a doll instead?

• 3 weeks later...

The crazy is strong with this one.  Let's air our dirty laundry publicly on Facebook, shall we?

Screen Shot 2015-11-05 at 9.35.55 AM.png

The crazy is strong with this one.  Let's air our dirty laundry publicly on Facebook, shall we?

Screen Shot 2015-11-05 at 9.35.55 AM.png

I'm amazed she has actually gotten nearly $1,500. Her FB is a disaster. So far this week she has posted about unblocking her ex husband, posted texts about the divorce from the ex's new girlfriend and posted tons of stuff about her financial situation. 

It would be so sad if the kids were to ever look back over all these posts. 

I'm amazed she has actually gotten nearly $1,500. Her FB is a disaster. So far this week she has posted about unblocking her ex husband, posted texts about the divorce from the ex's new girlfriend and posted tons of stuff about her financial situation. 

I totally agree with everything you said.  It's totally childish and WTF.  My ex husband left me for another woman but I didn't air our dirty laundry and I kept neutral with my daughter (still do, 6 years later).  Michael is still those kids' dad, no matter what Susan thinks of him.

is she just a giant child or is there some sort of organic problem that causes her to think this is okay

As someone from the northern Midwest, I roll my eyes at her so hard I'm in danger of having them fall out of my head.Shockingly enough, people adjust to the weather here, by doing things like dressing appropriately for the temperatures. 

As someone from the northern Midwest, I roll my eyes at her so hard I'm in danger of having them fall out of my head.Shockingly enough, people adjust to the weather here, by doing things like dressing appropriately for the temperatures. 

right? when my family moved from georgia to minnesota during the winter, it was certainly an adjustment, but we were able to do it pretty well. you get thermals and wool socks, learn how best to layer, get a quality coat/hat/preferred hand clothing (gloves or mittens)/boots...we actually made it a little harder on ourselves by moving in the winter, but if one were to move in the late spring or summer or early fall especially you'll get time to adjust (summer in the twin cities has temps in the 80's, sometimes 90's...in international falls it was usually in the 70's and 80's. we actually do get warm here!)

I thought the line about them all being cold in the 40's so they wouldn't do well in Minnesota was funny too. The people who live in colder temps are no different than the people who live in California, they just have coats. Susan is so odd. I don't believe the begging for money will end. :ARGENT:

I remember watching one of the specials where she's coaching Jani on how to act around the doctors and then she turns to the camera and says "we do whatever we have to to get into UCLA"

I knew then that these kids are being used to fulfill some kind of sick savior complex by Susan.

I dunno, I moved from a desert I southern California to Wyoming almost three years ago, and I'm still not used to the winters herehere. Then again I have a low tolerance to any weather below 60 with a very light breeze.

It also makes me really uncomfortable that she puts up pictures of her kids all over that GoFundMe, which is essentially a shame page for her husband, the children's father. So exploitative. 

There really is something wrong with this woman. 

Also, I never understand the GoFundMe pages to help pay someone's rent for one month. It's not as if it's a one time expense. Won't she also be struggling to get rent money next month? Will she just create a new GFM account? How does she expect things to change in the future to alter their financial situation?

It also makes me really uncomfortable that she puts up pictures of her kids all over that GoFundMe, which is essentially a shame page for her husband, the children's father. So exploitative. 

There really is something wrong with this woman. 

Also, I never understand the GoFundMe pages to help pay someone's rent for one month. It's not as if it's a one time expense. Won't she also be struggling to get rent money next month? Will she just create a new GFM account? How does she expect things to change in the future to alter their financial situation?

In this case, it looks like things will actually get better.  She's being paid by IHSS to take care of the kids and will be getting child support.  She's also been applying for and getting approved for food stamps.  So it looks like things should be better in the future.  Fingers crossed, because omg.

I don't think it would matter if her kids saw these posts.  If I had to guess, all this wouldn't be news to them as I can imagine Susan telling her kids that daddy abandoned them and is off with a girlfriend, or talking to her friends about her shitty life in front of them etc etc.  She appears to be lacking a filter.  Frankly, in a sick way, it's probably good she does drug her kids up, as reality with her (especially if you are reliant on her) has got to be VERY STRESSFUL.  And it's not like ol' Daddy is some bastion of safety either.

• 7 months later...

Wow - no words.  I caught a couple of their specials on TLC last night, started googling out of curiosity, and it turns out I should have just searched within FJ - as always, we've got it covered.  :my_smile:

A completely minor point in relation to the rest of this shit storm, but one thing that really jumped out at me from one of the specials was when Bodhi started going into a 'fit', and lo and behold there was an open bag of M&Ms on the table, which of course he raided, being a little kid.  This jumped out at me because many parents of autistic children avoid artificial colors due to adverse effects on behavior, so I was more than a little surprised that they would just have an open bag lying around.  But then, the kicker was the mother immediately getting upset because she knows that the sensation of getting chocolate stuck in his teeth will enrage him.  No surprise, that's exactly what happened.

Man, these poor kids...

I remember hearing about her years ago when the family was on Oprah, and I saw the the other night. Wow, the stuff on here is crazy, and her public Facebook is even crazier. In her post on the 20th when the specials were on, she posted about how Michael doesn't pay his child support so she has no TV. Like... why do people have to air grievances like that on Facebook?

This is the only real public thing on Michael's Facebook that was worth anything, and it's mainly the comments that are worth it. Yeah, pretty sure you stepped down because you stepped out, Michael.

ETA: Surprised to see the first post on Susan's page is of men kissing. To get on TLC, don't you have to be homophobic? Isn't that one of their major criteria? :laughing-jumpingpurple:

7 hours ago, iheartchacos said:

You should check out mom's public favebook. It's emoji15.png

Wow - so much thinly (barely) veiled passive aggressiveness towards the ex.  Which I totally get, but lady...time to learn how to take the high road in public, at the very least.

My kids are living with the effects of several interrelated medical conditions - they are not super-rare, but rare enough that most docs know very little about them.  This makes getting diagnosed a rather hellish, multi year process for most families dealing with these disorders.  I'm in a bunch of private FB groups with mostly moms, and the stories of being accused by doctors of Munchausen by Proxy are total nightmare fuel.

All of this to say that I am very wary of 'labeling' anyone with that term, however...Susan appears to be extremely attention-seeking at best. I also cringe at anyone who makes their kids health struggles so public and so about the parent.  It's like they don't have the perspective to look ahead to the time when the kids are grown and likely will be mortified by all of the over sharing of their struggles, all in the name of parental 'fame' and attention.

Archived