IGNORED

AMY DUGGAR ENGAGED - scratch that - MARRIED

RabbitKM

Ugh, Amy is my least favorite young Duggar woman.

And thus, I admit to being bitch-eating-crackers about her engagement. Maybe I'm just jealous. Why can't I be a cheating, lazy, unmotivated* young adult and still get everything I ever wanted just by sitting around and wishing hard? :evil:

*I say lazy and unmotivated not because she is a nanny or lives with her parents but because of her attitude and actions in regards to "chasing her biggest dream" to become a country music star. She wanted it handed to her and wasn't actually willing to do anything to get it.

• Replies 997
  • Created
  • Last Reply

And aren't LGBT.

But that is how it should be, don't you know. Doesn't matter if you molested little girls over years and years (Josh, Gothard,...) as long as you know some bible verses by heart and (passive) agressively spill hate about people who are not part of your believe system (Ben, Jessa, JB, Michelle,...) and are "saved" and "forgiven" by the lord. BUT when you are LGTBQ and in a loving relationship: that is something the lord never forgives.

would be interesting to know what Amy thinks about lgbtq people? is she against gay marriage? do you think she ever wasted a thought on this?

finally: I predict that if any Duggar kid is gay they would never come out (not to themselves, not to anybody around them). they are all too deep into it. I don't think you can reverse that kind of indoctrination, not even with the best psychological help out there. Grown women who have been sexually abused by their older brother as little girls and still stick to the system and announce proudly on national television that it's all ok!!! I have lost all hope for them. More than 2 years on this forum and I've lost hope! Sorry for the rant.

I can't wait to see pictures from the wedding. Like others, I'll be curious to see if the Duggar cousins are in it at all.

I was wondering that myself. Saw the title of the article on people and my first thought was if it one of the girls :S But it was Amy. I hope she will be happy and looking forward to seeing pictures. I think they will be at the wedding. But maybe not at the party....

Pretty pretty ring.

I wonder if the family will attend if she has a normal wedding with dancing and booze?

I don't really want to argue semantics, but "normal" is different for different people - and the implication is that weddings without dancing or booze are abnormal.

a) Typical might be a better term.

b) Technically, it's the reception, not the wedding, that includes these elements.

(Said as a very definite non-fundie who had neither dancing nor booze and finds herself perfectly normal.)

I was wondering that myself. Saw the title of the article on people and my first thought was if it one of the girls :S But it was Amy. I hope she will be happy and looking forward to seeing pictures. I think they will be at the wedding. But maybe not at the party....

Would Boob and Mullet really miss an opportunity to get their spawn blessings a free meal though? I think not!

My guess is they'll show up for the ceremony and reception. They'll feed the kids and let them have cake (except Benessa - we all know just how much they disapprove of cake), all while preaching to them on the evils of dancing, drinking, and generally having fun without constantly mentioning God - but how they should love Amy and King Dill anyways because that's what Gothard Jesus would want them to do. :lol:

Would Boob and Mullet really miss an opportunity to get their spawn blessings a free meal though? I think not!

My guess is they'll show up for the ceremony and reception. They'll feed the kids and let them have cake (except Benessa - we all know just how much they disapprove of cake), all while preaching to them on the evils of dancing, drinking, and generally having fun without constantly mentioning God - but how they should love Amy and King Dill anyways because that's what Gothard Jesus would want them to do. :lol:

You're right, how can I forget the free food ;) I can see it in my head how it will play out. Boob will be preaching and all the children are standing around him nodding at every word he says :lol:

You're right, how can I forget the free food ;) I can see it in my head how it will play out. Boob will be preaching and all the children are standing around him nodding at every word he says :lol:

While the Seewalds (including their blessing) side-eye the cake and the Dillards attempt to inch away from the spiked bowl of punch. :lol:

Oh hell yes, it will be a country chic pinterest extravaganza.

I predict:

Strapless dress, with cowboy boots

Outdoors reception, with hale bales

Too much self tanner

Too much mascara

Bandanas

Lanterns

1 Duggar J'slave, max, in the bridesmaid lineup

Possibly multiple lost girls as flowergirls.

Amy will sing to her groom, lord help us.

Jim Bob will make a dumbass speech at the reception & make it all about him.

I would be severely disappointed if she didn't. :roll:

A while back, wasn't Amy supposed to be getting her own show or something? Was that TLC or a different channel? If it was a different channel, maybe they will do some sort of wedding special even if her t.v. show isn't happening.

A while back, wasn't Amy supposed to be getting her own show or something? Was that TLC or a different channel? If it was a different channel, maybe they will do some sort of wedding special even if her t.v. show isn't happening.

Yeh the tried to see if there was any interest with the amy special. It was on TLC, and mentioned in the people article as well. So if they want to test the waters about a duggar comeback a Amy wedding special maybe the thing to do

I'm happy for her. It seems like she's finally getting what she wanted. And I do love that ring, though I'm having a hard time picturing a wedding band fitting beside it, but that's just me lol.

The engagement looks nice and romantic! apart from there being a third person there to photograph, that always weirds me out.

Congratulations to Amy! I have always liked her. I was always appalled that she was never included in any of her cousin's wedding parties. Because you know they are so superior to her. Rock on Amy. Good luck.

There is some weirdness going on with this picture, it looks more like a collage than a group photo. If they can photoshop some of the family in, why not everyone?

I've never really noticed before, is Bin Boob really that much taller than Jessa?

So rooting through king dull pickle's Instagram, it looks like they've only been back together 8 months, since there's a 6 month-iversay post two months ago. But they first met in 2011?

Engagement pic! Who's missing here??

11707574_683168028483516_8759598433670814224_n.jpg?oh=1129adfcc4ea273c5aa0a8e87cdd0be9&oe=56241FE9

Josh is not allowed in front of the camera anymore. All the older boys weren't expected to show either because they are boys and boys don't care about romantic stuff like engagements, just ask Michelle. She can tell you exactly what girls like and what boys like and going against that is going against how God makes people.

I almost didn't recognize Johanna in that picture! She looks so different. Also, has she had her ears pierced? I don't know why, but I always assumed the Duggars would be against that? Especially in a child Hannie's age.

I'm happy for Amy. She deserves to be happy, even if she has given multiple pieces of her heart away :roll:

I almost didn't recognize Johanna in that picture! She looks so different. Also, has she had her ears pierced? I don't know why, but I always assumed the Duggars would be against that? Especially in a child Hannie's age.

Because there are also biblical teachings that forbid marring your skin bit becuase it's super feminine and probably something Gothard likes in young women, he says it's okay.

Because there are also biblical teachings that forbid marring your skin bit becuase it's super feminine and probably something Gothard likes in young women, he says it's okay.

The thought of encouraging your 9 yr old daughter to do ANYTHING based on on the preferences of an 80 yr old man is vomit inducing

I don't really want to argue semantics, but "normal" is different for different people - and the implication is that weddings without dancing or booze are abnormal.

a) Typical might be a better term.

b) Technically, it's the reception, not the wedding, that includes these elements.

(Said as a very definite non-fundie who had neither dancing nor booze and finds herself perfectly normal.)

As someone who was raised in an ultra fundie cult, I'm guessing the Duggars will do what my parents always did. If they knew there would be drinking or dancing at a wedding we would all go to the wedding but skip the evil reception. :roll:

Wow Mr Pickle looks quite young.

What's up with the fame-whoring pic with the Duggars? Trying to distance herself? I think not.

Archived