IGNORED

Ben Seewald Protector of womans virtue.

doggie

Sorry I haven't read this whole thread.

This is awesome advice to give to a very young girl, maybe 13, having her first "relationship". You have to advise her that he's not going to marry you, this is just for fun, and you will be with many more boys/men in your lifetime.

This is NOT advice to give to WOMEN. Does Bin really have no idea how regular "secular" people interact? Is he not privy to the mating practices of the non-fundies? Does he really think that us "heathens" are all wandering, lost sheep and we cannot think for ourselves and we lack all wisdom? What he is saying perfectly illustrates that he thinks women cannot think for themselves and need a husband to function. And that he pities people who do not follow the same practices he does. He really pities us. He thinks we're incapable and just getting our hearts broken all over the place. Which is true, that happens a lot. When you're young and having your first few relationships. But ADULTS generally can cope and manage. And ADULTS may like having sexual encounters where "commitment" is completely out of the question. He keeps trying to say things to adults like he on the same level, which he is so not. If he wants to offer advice to kids, then he can do that and go right ahead. Is he arrogant enough to think that he can tell adults (wise, experienced, mature people in comparison to him) how to live? Dear lord he is.

He sounds like a teenager who's had one relationship. And that's exactly what he is.

If you ever read a headline like "Ben Seewald attacked in airport by female" that was me :)

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's really a wonder that anyone besides them would be able to get married, considering what they think of the dating process....

He's lucky that Jessa has been raised with this rhetoric her entire life and believes it is true. She's the only Duggar girl I could see actually keeping him in his place when it comes to talking down to women, because I really doubt she'd let him talk to HER that way. But she's already brainwashed in terms of gender roles, so she sees nothing wrong with it... :angry-banghead:

Sorry I haven't read this whole thread.

This is awesome advice to give to a very young girl, maybe 13, having her first "relationship". You have to advise her that he's not going to marry you, this is just for fun, and you will be with many more boys/men in your lifetime.

This is NOT advice to give to WOMEN. Does Bin really have no idea how regular "secular" people interact? Is he not privy to the mating practices of the non-fundies? Does he really think that us "heathens" are all wandering, lost sheep and we cannot think for ourselves and we lack all wisdom? What he is saying perfectly illustrates that he thinks women cannot think for themselves and need a husband to function. And that he pities people who do not follow the same practices he does. He really pities us. He thinks we're incapable and just getting our hearts broken all over the place. Which is true, that happens a lot. When you're young and having your first few relationships. But ADULTS generally can cope and manage. And ADULTS may like having sexual encounters where "commitment" is completely out of the question. He keeps trying to say things to adults like he on the same level, which he is so not. If he wants to offer advice to kids, then he can do that and go right ahead. Is he arrogant enough to think that he can tell adults (wise, experienced, mature people in comparison to him) how to live? Dear lord he is.

He sounds like a teenager who's had one relationship. And that's exactly what he is.

If you ever read a headline like "Ben Seewald attacked in airport by female" that was me :)

Exactly, regarding the bit I bolded. A young teenager isn't mature enough to really understand what sex involves (emotionally, physically, etc), and that understanding is important to establish before they have sex. If they can't insist that they (or a partner) uses a condom, they're not ready; if they're not old enough to at least give their parents money for said condoms, they're probably not ready.

Once they can safely have sex? I can't argue.

Why is he dishing out advice to women?? I mean, it would make sense if he has some sort of history of being a womanizer. Why not preach the supposed virtues of remaining a virgin until your married and support what you are saying with some sort of personal testimony and direct it to young men? OMG is he delusional.

[attachment=0]images.jpg[/attachment]

Thank you BinBob for showing me the Godly path! Its obvious that a 27 year-old woman who owns her own home and has been in a loving relationship with one man for over 7 years has no idea what she's doing. It's clear that my fiance has only been using me for teh sexy time all these years and is totally planning on leaving me for a newer younger model before we exchange vows this fall. Please, tell me more about my unGodly ways man-boy who has been married all of two seconds! :worship:

This :angry-banghead:

“A lot of guys want to enjoy you and play with your heart and emotions with no commitment or responsibility on their part,†he said. “They’re thinking ‘Why do I need to commit? I’m getting what I want…and when I get tired of her I’ll just move on to the next girl I can use.'â€

Joke's on Ben. I used plenty of men in my single days, and they used me. It was a mutual way to get off. Also I think it's really sad that he thinks sex is the point of a relationship. You can fuck fuck fuck all you want, but that's not the partnership and support that is most important.

Joke's on Ben. I used plenty of men in my single days, and they used me. It was a mutual way to get off. Also I think it's really sad that he thinks sex is the point of a relationship. You can fuck fuck fuck all you want, but that's not the partnership and support that is most important.

It's almost as if fundies are more obsessed with sex than us heathens.

Still in my single days, and do the behavior that Bin is warning against...and do I feel used? Not in the slightest! It IS entirely possible to have fwb relationships/casual sex and be both responsible and emotionally unattached. A ton of my peers do it, regardless of gender, and no one is permanently emotionally scarred when someone moves on. We deal with it, even if it ends up hurting. Shit happens. Life goes on. Bin's type of worldview is like that of a middle or high schooler, a la "I gave him EVERYTHING! I was half a virgin when I met him!"

Still in my single days, and do the behavior that Bin is warning against...and do I feel used? Not in the slightest! It IS entirely possible to have fwb relationships/casual sex and be both responsible and emotionally unattached. A ton of my peers do it, regardless of gender, and no one is permanently emotionally scarred when someone moves on. We deal with it, even if it ends up hurting. Shit happens. Life goes on. Bin's type of worldview is like that of a middle or high schooler, a la "I gave him EVERYTHING! I was half a virgin when I met him!"

I heart Regina George!!!!

I heart Regina George!!!!

You know, Jessa reminds me of her. Ever so slightly. And I can't put my finger on why.

You know, Jessa reminds me of her. Ever so slightly. And I can't put my finger on why.

Because The J'Slaves are literally the Plastics.

Jessa being Regina, someone self absorbed and would probably say something like "I really want to lose three pounds." (especially now that's she's with Ben)

Jinger is Gretchen, content on only following the Queen Bee. Hair is big and full of secrets.

Jill is Karen because she's an idiot.

Jana is Cady, because she's actually kind, but it sort of overshadowed by Jessa because she gets the husband and Jana is still waiting.

Jessa being Regina, someone self absorbed and would probably say something like "I really want to lose three pounds." (especially now that's she's with Ben)

Jinger is Gretchen, content on only following the Queen Bee. Hair is big and full of secrets.

Jill is Susan because she's an idiot.

Jana is Cady, because she's actually kind, but it sort of overshadowed by Jessa because she gets the husband and Jana is still waiting.

Idk, I think Jill makes a good Karen Smith, but I guess Jinger being Gretchen means she'll eventually crack and turn against Jessa.

And Regina's boyfriend after Aaron totally reminds me of Bin.

So who are Janis and Damien? Us and the tabloids?

Idk, I think Jill makes a good Karen Smith, but I guess Jinger being Gretchen means she'll eventually crack and turn against Jessa.

And Regina's boyfriend after Aaron totally reminds me of Bin.

So who are Janis and Damien? Us and the tabloids?

I totally (Jillism) meant Karen when I typed Susan. Fixed that.

If I ever see Ben in the flesh, it will be all I can do to not scream out "get a job, douchebag" at him

I totally (Jillism) meant Karen when I typed Susan. Fixed that.

how dare you confuse the name Karen with Susan :)

Jill is Susan because she's an idiot.

I could see Jessa being a good Karen as well. Out of all the older girls, I think she is most likely to say something seriously stupid like:

If you're from Africa, why are you white? :lol:

Also, sorry, but I don't buy Jana being Cady. At. All. None of the Duggar girls fit that role at all - they all share the same hateful beliefs and I can't see any of them being genuinely kind to someone who isn't just like them. If anything, Jana can share the roles of Karen and Gretchen with Jill and Jinger.

(ohhh. . . shots fired!)

I could see Jessa being a good Karen as well. Out of all the older girls, I think she is most likely to say something seriously stupid like:

If you're from Africa, why are you white? :lol:

Also, sorry, but I don't buy Jana being Cady. At. All. None of the Duggar girls fit that role at all - they all share the same hateful beliefs and I can't see any of them being genuinely kind to someone who isn't just like them. If anything, Jana can share the roles of Karen and Gretchen with Jill and Jinger.

(ohhh. . . shots fired!)

Yeah. Cady is a role better filled by a relative outsider. She could possibly be the role a future courtship takes.

I think Jessa could possibly fit well as any of the plastics. But maybe the J'Slaves could be better compared to the Heathers, who, IMO, are much worse than the plastics!!! :stir-pot: :twisted: 8-)

Yeah. Cady is a role better filled by a relative outsider. She could possibly be the role a future courtship takes.

I think Jessa could possibly fit well as any of the plastics. But maybe the J'Slaves could be better compared to the Heathers, who, IMO, are much worse than the plastics!!! :stir-pot: :twisted: 8-)

I could also see Jana as a Gretchen. Remember the jewelry box incident?

ETA- Accidentally pressed quote and not edit. Whoops!

Hey, Ben, my husband just said "fuck you, kid, a woman's virtue has nothing to do with her virginity."

If I ever see Ben in the flesh, it will be all I can do to not scream out "get a job, douchebag" at him

If I see him in person and he opens his mouth, he better pray he can run fast or I'll throw him in the bell witch cave

If I see him in person and he opens his mouth, he better pray he can run fast or I'll throw him in the bell witch cave

I would flash him while yelling REEBOK!

I would flash him while yelling REEBOK!

I really hope this happens now. And that you record his reaction. And then sell it to TMZ. :lol:

I had a substitute teacher Freshman year of High School who told me I would love "Heathers" - because I'm dark and morbid like that.

(Spoiler Alert: He was right. I love that movie! :lol: )

I was on a board with an older gentleman, he called me out and asked me when I was going to marry my long term partner. I replied, why by the pig when I get the sausage for free, and he turned 6 shades of red and walked away. Everyone else in the room cracked up.

I'm fairly certain he had use the cow and milk simile before, but he didn't like it when it was turned around.

LOL. I totally get the pig/sausage comparison, but cow/milk? Getting milk for free means having sex? Milk = babies. At least sausage looks like a penis.

does Ben not realize that women can actually think and make their own decisions regarding relationships?

I mean, it's sound advice for a person looking for a long-term relationship, but some women just wanna have fun and explore their options. Dating is fun.

Whores. Whores want to do this. :lol:

No almost about it, they absolutely do!!!! Their entire lives revolve around it. What do I wear to swim? That requires thinking about lust, modesty and sex. To me, an atheist, it requires thinking about comfort (and maybe looking hot). Dating to me is getting to know someone. Sex may be involved, may not be involved. It is NOT the entire point, or even a huge percentage. Same with a marriage, I didn't marry my husband so I could FINALLY fuck him. I married him because I love him, had already been doing the other stuff for years at that point.

Archived