IGNORED

Quiverful of It

luckylassie

I saw a video on you tube after the other quiverfull documentary. The title was Quiverfull of It-Fundie Baby Factories. It was quite interesting.

In the video, the man talking (from the U.K.) basically says that the quivering couples forget that we live in completely different times and conditions than in the old testament. The quivering couples believe in taking dominion by being fruitful and birthing lots of kids. As far as I know, the earth already has millions of "fruits" on it and a lot the fruits we already have are having to put up with limited resources and poverty. There's been recessions, homelessness, and starving for a long time. If everyone multiplied like the Duggars then we would just be intensifying the strain on the world.

I love that video! Very good calling it to the group's attention, Luckylassie. Here is a link if anyone is interested.

Edited to say: GAH!! I still can't post the video properly, and look at that family featured in this video. Who are they? Sorry, I was drawn to this group because of disillusionment with the Duggars, and I don't know the Quiverfull family here. What disturbs me is how the woman explains the movement, almost in a rather robotic way, and the disquieting way her husband looks at her throughout her answer. It was reminiscent of how a ventriloquist would look at their ventriloquial figure during a performance. Anyone else get that impression too?

For people who claim to follow the Bible so closely, the quivering families don't seem to be able to separate old testament law and life with what is needed in modern times. The Duggars supposedly don't eat pork (like orthodox Jews) but do other things that would be no-no's in the old testament.

The family in the Video is a Virginia Quivering family where the father is a pastor. I think there last name is Shedd I had never heard of them before seeing the video either (I've watched it a few times). There was another video called "Born to Breed" or something like that. The woman featured in that video is Rachael Scott. She said that her husband once had a dream where he was supposedly told to have as many kids as possible with a flaming arrow pointing at his genitals in the dream. A bit odd IMO.

The family in the Video is a Virginia Quivering family where the father is a pastor. I think there last name is Shedd I had never heard of them before seeing the video either (I've watched it a few times). There was another video called "Born to Breed" or something like that. The woman featured in that video is Rachael Scott. She said that her husband once had a dream where he was supposedly told to have as many kids as possible with a flaming arrow pointing at his genitals in the dream. A bit odd IMO.

Joseph Smith is supposed to have been confronted by an angel with a flaming sword who told him that God said to start practicing polygamy now. This sounds peculiarly familiar.

Whoever told him must think he's quite stupid if they reckoned he needed a flaming arrow pointed at his crotch to reinforce the message "make more babies" ;)

Whoever told him must think he's quite stupid if they reckoned he needed a flaming arrow pointed at his crotch to reinforce the message "make more babies" ;)

Oh, so THAT's how it's done!

Here's a news piece about the Shedd's.

QQIwG9Zzw

Mom actually has a lot of teaching talent.

It also seems that the whole family has that exaggerated mouth movement thing. I'm wondering if it's the opera training.

Edit: The embedding is disabled I guess.

Thanks! From what little I saw, it seems Mr Shedd isn't very involved with actually raising his blessings, but then again, isn't that like many/most patriarchal families, where the guy just ejaculates and barks orders whilst the daughters do the bulk of the work along with the mothers (well perhaps not in the case of the Duggars).

And pooh pooh about the husband of Rachel Scott and his vision of the flaming arrow pointing at his genitals! How does he know the flaming arrow didn't mean "my flaming arrow is bigger than yours?"

Joseph Smith is supposed to have been confronted by an angel with a flaming sword who told him that God said to start practicing polygamy now. This sounds peculiarly familiar.

What is it about these flaming swords/arrows and these yoyos? What if it is some divine beings just making fun of them for their 'shortcomings?' (e.g. your wife finds my flaming sword is bigger/hotter than yours?)

And perhaps whomever sent that flaming arrow message things he's even stupider for thinking that meant "make more babies" and not something like "my flaming arrow is bigger/hotter than yours" or "sterilize yourself immediately as your genes will negatively impact the human genepool?"

I guess that is the same way they interpret the bible eh?

I once had a dream in which my teeth were falling out. I took that as a message to brush more often. Although, there wasn't an angel in it.

From the website posted by AmeliaM:

There Alyson and their three oldest children serve in leading worship....

Doesn't the Bible say somewhere that women can't "lead" worship? Guess they're menu Qf'ers.

I hate how QF people say they are raising up children to spread God's Word and change the world. They assume that they can just make their children like recipes--put in certain ingredients and you will get a certain result when they're grown, no matter what. I hate that. That is NOT why one should have children.

Snarky--why do all of the girls in that Shedd family wear curlers in their hair and make those prissy curls? Also, that 12-year-old is quite the little Stepford wife. God help her. (I am not being sarcastic. I'm being serious.)

I hate how QF people say they are raising up children to spread God's Word and change the world. They assume that they can just make their children like recipes--put in certain ingredients and you will get a certain result when they're grown, no matter what. I hate that. That is NOT why one should have children.

Snarky--why do all of the girls in that Shedd family wear curlers in their hair and make those prissy curls? Also, that 12-year-old is quite the little Stepford wife. God help her. (I am not being sarcastic. I'm being serious.)

I know it is a nasty business and now you know why the total control the exert. The children don't have lives they have the parents mission.

Is he SURE that was an exhortation to reproduce, and not an STD?

Hahahaha! Maybe the message was "Get the STD fixed first, THEN make more babies. There is a reason your "arrow" is "flaming" y'know."

Archived