IGNORED

Josiah Duggar - Part 3 Now with lost heart pieces

happy atheist

Note: Jurisdiction realignment. I believe Johannah or Jennifer was placed on Laundry room detail to replace Jinger who is in the kitchen when Jana.

I tried not to think about certain parts of laundry issues in that house. :pink-shock:

• Replies 800
  • Created
  • Last Reply

OF COURSE SHE WAS IN IT FOR THE FAME

Marj is worse than Famy, they will not be together in 2 months. She is a young ambitious girl who was definitely in it for the publicity, how many teens do you know that have published a novel? That sucks for Si but man that girl has got some mad business game.

I don't think there's any way we can know for sure that she is/was in it for the fame unless she or Josiah says so. Being ambitious and motivated enough to self-publish a book doesn't mean someone is a greedy, fame hungry monster. For heaven's sake, she's just a teenager. I don't think there's any deep, diabolical plot afoot.

OF COURSE SHE WAS IN IT FOR THE FAME

Marj is worse than Famy, they will not be together in 2 months. She is a young ambitious girl who was definitely in it for the publicity, how many teens do you know that have published a novel? That sucks for Si but man that girl has got some mad business game.

I mean, more power to her. If she ends it, everyone wins. Si gets to move on and find someone better, she gets to move on and find someone better and gets some publicity to push whatever she wants to.

I don't think there's any way we can know for sure that she is/was in it for the fame unless she or Josiah says so. Being ambitious and motivated enough to self-publish a book doesn't mean someone is a greedy, fame hungry monster. For heaven's sake, she's just a teenager. I don't think there's any deep, diabolical plot afoot.

I am not saying she is evil, quite the opposite. She is a marketing genius. The second they mentioned she was an author what did I/possibly other curious individuals do? Looked up her book, some leg humpers probably purchased it! She could of kept her courtship private, lets be real here guys. They could have kept on the down low if she really really wanted to. She didn't have to do an awkward TV skit intro to her and Si's courtship. Marj likes the spotlight and it's good publicity for her.

Maybe it now go at a normal pace which would be a good thing. Both are too young to get married.

Not saying that Marjorie is in it for the fame, but if she is, with the show gone, let's see if these two are together down the line.

You know, this made me think... I wonder if the married Duggar kids let the unmarried ones see anything about what it is like to be married so young? I suppose right now they have all been handed homes and fame and money without working for anything, so maybe young marriage isn't hard in that situation. But in a few years, if Josiah and Marjorie get married and maybe some others; if they let their siblings see them struggle maybe the teen marriages will fall off and the younger kids will marry later, once they have lives started a bit.

You know, this made me think... I wonder if the married Duggar kids let the unmarried ones see anything about what it is like to be married so young? I suppose right now they have all been handed homes and fame and money without working for anything, so maybe young marriage isn't hard in that situation. But in a few years, if Josiah and Marjorie get married and maybe some others; if they let their siblings see them struggle maybe the teen marriages will fall off and the younger kids will marry later, once they have lives started a bit.

Yes--except the reason why they get married so young is because they can't have sex unless they do. They can't even "pet". And there is no way out of the house except by getting married.

Note: Jurisdiction realignment. I believe Johannah or Jennifer was placed on Laundry room detail to replace Jinger who is in the kitchen when Jana.

I tried not to think about certain parts of laundry issues in that house. :pink-shock:

Why wouldn't Joy be moved to laundry duty?

Actually, now that I think about it, who the hell is educating the kids? I think it's surprising they never addressed that since that was one of the few things they could say about Jessa in her special. (or it's not surprising cause the answer is no one)

They could easily write names on in Sharpie. It wouldn't wash out or whatever.

And the water's probably hot enough that it'd kill anything/be very sanitary.

All they would need to do was put the first letter of every kid's name on them!

I would imagine they buy it in bulk from Walmart. Unless they sew in little names or write on them with indelible ink there would be no way to tell them apart. I am sure there are not enough colors to color code them, especially for the boys.

Maybe I just have OCD, but I do not like the idea of washing multiple people's underwear in the same load--never mind sharing.

edit to add: Think about the logistics here. There are minimum 21 pairs of underwear per day. That means minimum 147 pairs of underwear per week. That does not include if they change into a fresh pair of clothes before the day is out for any reason. The smaller kids might need to change a couple times while potty training.

As I understand it, the routine is:

1. go to big closet and grab an outfit.

2. take outfit to shower, have shower and change into fresh clothes.

3. dump dirty clothes through the chute to laundry room.

Then, I ASSUME, Jinger and Mary wash all the clothes and put them away in the big closet. To keep the underwear straight, they would have to have 19 different bins of underwear so that each kid would be able to have their own---I just can't see that happening.

I hope they use bleach.

The most practical way to handle washing what are probably a lot of practically identical socks and undergarments for so many people would be to give each person a large mesh lingerie bag with his/her name on it to put dirty socks and undies in. The clothes get washed and dried in the bag and returned in the bag. Actually, each person would probably need two--throw the full one down the laundry chute, use the second one until the first comes back clean, and repeat.

But that makes sense so they probably don't do it. Or...they could have each adult/almost adult person wash their own clothes, like most families do.

The most practical way to handle washing what are probably a lot of practically identical socks and undergarments for so many people would be to give each person a large mesh lingerie bag with his/her name on it to put dirty socks and undies in. The clothes get washed and dried in the bag and returned in the bag. Actually, each person would probably need two--throw the full one down the laundry chute, use the second one until the first comes back clean, and repeat.

But that makes sense so they probably don't do it. Or...they could have each adult/almost adult person wash their own clothes, like most families do.

Thats way to practical for the Duggs :lol:

Considering how quickly and impressively basic colds and stomach bugs travel through that brood, I doubt they get too upset about swapping underpants. Yuck.

I wish that would be the case, but I doubt it. Even the kids who wait to marry don't get to start their life. Look at Jana, she is still living at home and isn't holding a regular job. Maybe JD has a job, but at least the younger girls won't have a chance to start their life until they're married.

I wish that would be the case, but I doubt it. Even the kids who wait to marry don't get to start their life. Look at Jana, she is still living at home and isn't holding a regular job. Maybe JD has a job, but at least the younger girls won't have a chance to start their life until they're married.

John-David and brothers do not have a job in the sense of working for someone else, unless that job is from an ATI member or ATI/IBLP itself. They are working for Daddy or in businesses that he owns but they "run". The girls have probably never given a thought to having a job--it is not even discussed in their culture. Some girls do work for their fathers before marriage or work for ATI families as a mother's helper but that's about it. Remember, they have not grown up with the idea of a career or job as even a possibility. They were made by God to birth arrows for the culture war.

It has been 9 weeks since Josiah has posted anything his shiny new Instagram.

About the laundry...

I remember a really old episode where they said the boys all wear black socks and the girls white as they all get washed together. Maybe the same for undies? :ew:

It has been 9 weeks since Josiah has posted anything his shiny new Instagram.

The Siah_Majorie personal instagram has a post from 5 days ago on it.

I came here to see if there was any news on Josiah since his instagrams were 10 weeks old...alas. And I'm a thousand percent positive that the Siah_Marjorie account is fan-run. Just based on the captions and the copied photos...lol

If Josiah and Marjorie were no longer engaged, would Josiah have to give up his social media? Not sure how the rules about that work for the Duggars.

If Josiah and Marjorie were no longer engaged, would Josiah have to give up his social media? Not sure how the rules about that work for the Duggars.

I don't think they've made it to the engagement stage. If/when they do, the Duggars will make a big hullabaloo over it on-line.

If Marjorie has a sensible bone in her body, she'll get away from that family no matter how fond she is of Josiah. But I'm still not sure about her true motivation given how much pleasure she seemed to take being on teevee.

I don't think they've made it to the engagement stage. If/when they do, the Duggars will make a big hullabaloo over it on-line.

If Marjorie has a sensible bone in her body, she'll get away from that family no matter how fond she is of Josiah. But I'm still not sure about her true motivation given how much pleasure she seemed to take being on teevee.

If I were Marjorie, I'd tell Josiah he has a year to break free from his family and start an independent life for himself. He can live in a crappy trailer somewhere, or in a nasty little studio apartment near a college campus. But he has to physically and financially distance himself from Jim Bob or there's no wedding.

Do you guys think the rumor is true and they've broken up? It's been unusually quiet. So unlike the Duggars. I would expect them to flaunt this teenage courtship every chance they could get. I think the courtship might be over.

Do you guys think the rumor is true and they've broken up? It's been unusually quiet. So unlike the Duggars. I would expect them to flaunt this teenage courtship every chance they could get. I think the courtship might be over.

Without a tv show, I don't think that the courtship is particularly important to the Duggars. It's obvious that Josiah's courtship was intended to be a major story on the next season of the show.

Without a tv show, I don't think that the courtship is particularly important to the Duggars. It's obvious that Josiah's courtship was intended to be a major story on the next season of the show.

Yep, can no longer use the kids to flaunt purity, abstinence, holier than thou, better than everyone else, bright & shiny teens who are just THRILLED and HAPPY to court so chastely!

When was the last time there was a picture of the two of them together on any instagram/blog?

If I were Marjorie, I'd tell Josiah he has a year to break free from his family and start an independent life for himself. He can live in a crappy trailer somewhere, or in a nasty little studio apartment near a college campus. But he has to physically and financially distance himself from Jim Bob or there's no wedding.

Count me in the camp that if Marjorie decided to end things with Josiah, even if she were in because of being on TV and now that the show was over she had no more interest, that would still be a good thing, she would be avoiding a bullet. Would feel sorry for Josiah but really I think anyone should steer clear of marrying into that mess of a family.

• happy atheist locked this topic

Archived