IGNORED

Ramping up the (1Ton)Ramp

Dark Matters

OT, but I was wondering, if Sarah (or another Maxwell daughter) posts stuff on their blog, is she also able to read the comments?

And I don't mean only the nice ones from leghumpers they actually publish, but all?

I asked Steve why Sarah wasn't answering her reviews on Amazon (he was) because as an author she should have the right to know what people were saying about the book. (BTW the 5* are way ahead). No reply. I sincerely doubt that Sarah sees anything that Steve doesn't approve. He's got control of the keyboard and I bet he stands behind her when she types up the blog post as well.

asshat. :evil-laugh:

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Actually , if you look at most popular reviews, the one star reviews dominate the page.

I hope Sarah reads my reviews, because I tried to Give her constructive advice and find something good about the book. Unfortunately there wasn't much for me to find.... I was really stretching to come up with some things.

I took a break from cleaning (no ceiling fans in this house, happily) to look at the Amazon reviews of Sarah's books.

Seems like there are quite a few from people who had no idea who Sarah is, and were really shocked by how bad the writing is. It's good to see that, but I doubt that it would sink in to Steve's mind that all negative reviews are not from Satan-inspired Maxwell-haters.

Of course, several are from people who know how awful the Maxwells are.

In fact, one very succinct review seemed aimed directly at me (I swear I did not write this):

http://www.amazon.com/gp/customer-revie ... B00B53C1XA

:lol:

This one was wonderful -- if it's an FJer, I congratulate you:

It is with a heavy heart that I give this book a low rating, as I know that the Maxwells try so hard to be a good Christian family. I am a homeschooling mama of ten blessings ages 12 and under, and am always looking for God honoring material for them to read. I knew of the Maxwell family, as three of my six sisters use their scheduling system with their own large families. (I carefully read the scheduling books, but found them to be far too flexible, and came up with my own system.) So far, I have had to create all my own reading material other than the Bible for my children, but I had high hopes when one of my sisters emailed me that this book was available for free. I'd planned to buy the rest of the series if I found it appropriate. I knew that Sarah Maxwell is a stay-at-home daiughter who is closing in on her mid '30's, who has spent her life serving her family, and I felt that she had been sufficiently sheltered from the world enough to be able to write a wholesome children's book. Sadly, I was wrong. There are many examples, but I will limit myself to a few. For one example, the children often answer their father with "sure" and "okay". That is disrespectful, it should be, "yes, sir". Another example is that the family attends church. My husband and I have found that the influences of church, even one without children's or youth groups, is destructive to the family unit. We homechurch our family, and although acquaintances have asked to attend our homechurch, we have made the decision that it will be us only most Sundays. At the end of the book, a set of grandparents who are unsaved are about to move to the same town, and this is viewed as a positive thing. That says it all to me, that Sarah Maxwell would put it in the book as if it were ok that the children would be subjected to being around the unsaved grandparents. That would not be right, if the grandparents repented and began sharing the family's beliefs, perhaps short visits would be alright until they grew spiritually enough to be around the children. Parents who want to make sure your blessings are not exposed to the world, pass on this offering, even during the free period. Ms. Maxwell's soul has been affected by the world, and it shows.

:clap:

As often happens with the Pearls' stuff, a lot of the positive reviews give no details at all, which always smacks of being from a friend, family member or sheep. If I actually want to review something, I have something specific to say about it.

Now, I'm behind in my cleaning -- must go!

Have you accidentally mis-typed an address and ended up where you wish you hadn’t?

Are they trying to pretend search engines don't exist or could they possibly discourage the use of them whatsoever to prevent "distraction".

You are right-- I didn't even think of that but I can't remember the last time I typed in an address. I either copy-paste, use a bookmark, or google. I always use google if it is a new address just so that I don't make a mistake. Huh. Maybe I should be teaching people how to use the New Information Highway!

The Maxwells should start their own fundamentalist search engine. For my enjoyment.

If they the Lord encourages Nathan to do that on Stevehovah's prayerful advice, we will know where the idea came from. :wink-kitty:

If they the Lord encourages Nathan to do that on Stevehovah's prayerful advice, we will know where the idea came from. :wink-kitty:

:lol: I got curious to see what (if any) search engines were out there for the fundamentalist lot, and I think I found one.

I went for the obvious and searched for 'naked women.' Got an article about women wearing pants: seekfind.org/cgi-bin/search.cgi?zoom_sort=0&zoom_query=naked+women&x=0&y=0&zoom_sort=0

:lol: I got curious to see what (if any) search engines were out there for the fundamentalist lot, and I think I found one.

I went for the obvious and searched for 'naked women.' Got an article about women wearing pants: seekfind.org/cgi-bin/search.cgi?zoom_sort=0&zoom_query=naked+women&x=0&y=0&zoom_sort=0

This is deliciously fundie. I am having a field day. These people have outdone themselves.

This is deliciously fundie. I am having a field day. These people have outdone themselves.

I searched for "cleavage" and got a list of movie reviews describing whether the movie is or isn't too NIKE: "no nudity but some cleavage" etc. Cute! I was bummed they didn't have an image search option :lol:

Archived