IGNORED

Ben and Jessa self help videos

DeFrauder

This comment cracked me up:

Leghumper: Hi Jessa☺ Love these videos. Can you do the differences of Christianity vs Seven day Adventist. Please and Thank you ☺

Normal Person: Yes please. We would love more biased misinformation to close our minds even more.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Dude, I will give him a buck just to hear what he says. /former SDA

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I hope he does one on Catholicism next so I can school him. :lol:

You can't school someone that does not listen to anyone but people like him. I think this is the biggest issue they don't respond or debate or anything. they do seagull runs swoop in squawk a lot poop on others and fly off.

Do they not have an attorney or pr person working for them? Someone to say hey you might want to add in there I'm not a professional and to seek medical attention etc. Their ignorance is truly sad. They don't even know how screwed up they are. All I can say is I hope the Alex of the world can find real help

If Ben were a non-white unemployed 20 year old, making youtube videos, would anyone pay attention?

Yes. what the hell does his race have to do with any of this?

Yes. what the hell does his race have to do with any of this?

because he is a white christian it makes a huge difference.

because he is a white christian it makes a huge difference.

If he wasn't both white and a christian, JB wouldn't have even thought about letting them court. Thus, he wouldn't have become semi-famous by association, thus he wouldn't have the audience he does.

edited to add christian

About the anti-Mormonism video:

I have never understood the "eternal life" bribe. This is the first time that I have heard someone so succinctly explain Mormon theology about the afterlife and I see that it is eternal life on steroids. Unlike mainstream Christianity where you get to go to heaven and live forever in luxury or whatever---these Mormons get to become Gods in their own right!

The ritual for conversion to Catholicism offers the bribe as well. When the priest asks the new Catholic what they are seeking in the conversion ritual, the response is "eternal life".

Is eternal life really that important? Isn't it enough to want to be a Christian because one is embracing the message of Jesus that states the need to take care of widows and orphans? Shouldn't Christians want to be Christians even in the face of the realization that Jesus may never have even lived? Not just because they get something for doing it?

It is just mind boggling to me how self-centered some of these people are.

Also: haha about Ben and his obvious righteous outrage that Mormons believe something different than him.

About the anti-Mormonism video:

I have never understood the "eternal life" bribe. This is the first time that I have heard someone so succinctly explain Mormon theology about the afterlife and I see that it is eternal life on steroids. Unlike mainstream Christianity where you get to go to heaven and live forever in luxury or whatever---these Mormons get to become Gods in their own right!

The ritual for conversion to Catholicism offers the bribe as well. When the priest asks the new Catholic what they are seeking in the conversion ritual, the response is "eternal life".

Is eternal life really that important? Isn't it enough to want to be a Christian because one is embracing the message of Jesus that states the need to take care of widows and orphans? Shouldn't Christians want to be Christians even in the face of the realization that Jesus may never have even lived? Not just because they get something for doing it?

It is just mind boggling to me how self-centered some of these people are.

Also: haha about Ben and his obvious righteous outrage that Mormons believe something different than him.

The weird thing is, according to Mormonism, heaven has three tiers. Even the lowest tier, reserved for people who are shitty christians, secular, etc. is said to be so great that if we knew what it was like, we'd commit suicide to get there sooner. Apparently the outer darkness (hell) is reserved for people who were baptized then quit. Which means, for them, you're best off never converting rather than converting and risking unconverting later.

Your point about the afterlife is why Pascal's Wager and all its variants are stupid. Wouldn't an omniscient, omnibenevolent, omnipotent God KNOW that you were converting for completely selfish reasons, and therefore, easily see through your selfish attempts to be "selfless?"

The weird thing is, according to Mormonism, heaven has three tiers. Even the lowest tier, reserved for people who are shitty christians, secular, etc. is said to be so great that if we knew what it was like, we'd commit suicide to get there sooner. Apparently the outer darkness (hell) is reserved for people who were baptized then quit. Which means, for them, you're best off never converting rather than converting and risking unconverting later.

Your point about the afterlife is why Pascal's Wager and all its variants are stupid. Wouldn't an omniscient, omnibenevolent, omnipotent God KNOW that you were converting for completely selfish reasons, and therefore, easily see through your selfish attempts to be "selfless?"

I was told they believe that Jews will be visited by Christ himself during the Rapture and given a last chance to change their mind and go to heaven. I think thats a pretty fair deal. If there is a Rapture and he shows up, for real, I would seriously consider it. :lol:

[

Wow! I am glad that Mormonism has me covered! I don't need to do a thing. Still makes me wonder about people who find the lowest tier isn't good enough and have to work towards Godhood.

When I was a kid, Hell was always so present. Any mishap and I could lose my salvation. I lived in a constant state of fear over it. I remember asking a friend if she felt the same fear and she said "No, of course not. I KNOW that Jesus would never do anything like that to ME!"

It is unfortunate that this fellow in the video replaced one form of legalism for another. Obviously he has the ability to think critically if he left one fundamentalist religion. It is a hard habit to break, however. Sometimes people join other faith traditions, or become atheists or they get involved in some sort of high tension social movement, but they become as rigid about the new thing as they were expected to be with the old.

I was told they believe that Jews will be visited by Christ himself during the Rapture and given a last chance to change their mind and go to heaven. I think thats a pretty fair deal. If there is a Rapture and he shows up, for real, I would seriously consider it. :lol:

This is a Mormon belief? It is a Fundie belief too. Although, they believe that only a certain number of Jews will accept Jesus as Messiah even then. Then God tosses the rest into the lake of fire...or something.

Mormons believe that everyone will have the option to convert and go to heaven. But then you have to be baptized. Which is why they do baptisms for the dead. So the dead can go to heaven if they changed their mind.

I remember being that age and thinking I knew everything. Most of us probably do, but we never lived in an echo chamber with leghumpers as far add the eye can see. I can't imagine how insufferable Jessa and Ben are in person. They've got no clue about how clueless they are.

I didn't, because I was raised with the belief that if you think you know it all, you know less than almost everybody else, and that a sign of maturity is understanding you've still got more maturing to do, no matter your age.

Fundies think they're magically adults in the head when they can have sex. John David and Jana must love being expected to defer to the wisdom of Benstupid.

Mormons believe that everyone will have the option to convert and go to heaven. But then you have to be baptized. Which is why they do baptisms for the dead. So the dead can go to heaven if they changed their mind.

Do they wait until you are dead or can they baptize alive people they choose? I have some Mormon relatives so I am wondering if they got me when I wasn't looking....

Maybe Josie will make a 'self-help' video next! She would make just as much sense - that is, none at all! And she would actually be entertaining - nay - a joy - to watch! :unicorn2:

Maybe Josie will make a 'self-help' video next! She would make just as much sense - that is, none at all! And she would actually be entertaining - nay - a joy - to watch! :unicorn2:

I would almost pay to watch this. Josie is adorable, and any "advice" she'd have to give out would be cute.

This is a Mormon belief? It is a Fundie belief too. Although, they believe that only a certain number of Jews will accept Jesus as Messiah even then. Then God tosses the rest into the lake of fire...or something.

I was told by a Mormon I knew through the internet. I have no supporting evidence that it is a tenet of their faith. I too am glad that they have me covered ‘just in case’. :wink-kitty:

Baptism of the dead is just odd. if Its real, Can you imagine being whisked from Catholic heaven to Mormon heaven just because someone baptized you. “hey Christopher Columbus, I know where cool with the virgin Mary and all but we wanted you here! lucky you!â€

I think the average everyday Mormons are nice. I think my bother would make a good one.

Eta Riffles

Do they wait until you are dead or can they baptize alive people they choose? I have some Mormon relatives so I am wondering if they got me when I wasn't looking....

Ha! Just when you are dead. And it doesn't automatically send you to Mormon heaven from my understanding. It just gives you the option.

If you really want to go down the google rabbit hole, look up when the Mormons got the bright idea to baptize those who perished in the Holocaust. Heads exploded over that one a few years back.

If you really want to go down the google rabbit hole, look up when the Mormons got the bright idea to baptize those who perished in the Holocaust. Heads exploded over that one a few years back.

Yeah, I remember that. I'm sure they had good intentions, but the implications were awful. I can see why someone would be upset about that.

They also baptized Hitler and Eva, and then had them sealed for eternity in the temple. . .

They also baptized Hitler and Eva, and then had them sealed for eternity in the temple. . .

That's a slap in the face. Gee...

Archived