IGNORED

Ben and Jessa self help videos

DeFrauder

I think they know if they get enough followers, they can really make some income by being youtubers.

I was just thinking about this too. PewDiePie made $7 million last year, god damn.

I broke down and watched the 'why do we say grace before eating' video, because mhm yes papi @ Jeremy Vuolo (it wasn't worth it, btw). Ben does come off as sensitive and thoughtful here. Knock it off with the faux intellectualism, Ben. You are much better at the heartstrings stuff.

[bBvideo 560,340:3pblvs3r]

[/bBvideo]

In other news, google put Jessa together with Kourtney K for some reason and it made me lol:

CqdYZeYh.png

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I was just thinking about this too. PewDiePie made $7 million last year, god damn.

I broke down and watched the 'why do we say grace before eating' video, because mhm yes papi @ Jeremy Vuolo (it wasn't worth it, btw). Ben does come off as sensitive and thoughtful here. Knock it off with the faux intellectualism, Ben. You are much better at the heartstrings stuff.

[bBvideo 560,340:3tugemf6]

[/bBvideo]

In other news, google put Jessa together with Kourtney K for some reason and it made me lol:

CqdYZeYh.png

Hahaha, Us Magazine did it.

I think it is extremely irresponsible. they may damage people because they don't have any training or experience. they try to play doctor without education.

Ben saying cold showers are self harm reminds me of Jessa saying "the other victims are totally okay with Josh." They're both down playing very serious incidents. It would be one thing if showers were a way to distract one's self from cutting,burning, etc.

The scary thing about theae idiots is leg humpers might start listening, not getting serious help, or learn to down play things like this too.

ITA. nobody needs to watch videos about how to pray away your problems. Bin and Jessa have a very distasteful and now semi dangerous social media persona.

Its funny the 4 oldest girls were someone interchangeable to me up until the last year or so. now that some of them have access to social media we are seeing more of their ‘true self’. Jills persona is sappy and often has me rolling my eyes. Jessa/Bin on the other hand makes me dislike them a bit more and more.

Ben's not willfully stupid (he did finish his associates), but he's still very, very dumb. All the puppy-dog cute in the world isn't going to make up for how that kid for an associate's degree, yet is still way, way too ignorant and naive about life, the world, and mental health to be fathering kids. If I didn't know his age and was just listening to that, I'd guess he's maybe 14 or 15. A cold shower and prayer "helped" his masturbation (yet he kept doing whatever his sin was), so that'll cute a self-harmer. Uh-huh. Well-meaning or not, telling somebody who could kill themselves to just shower and pray is dangerous advice. That person needs professional help.

Now he has up a new video about Mormonism. I think what annoys me is he posts these on youtube and instagram and facebook like, here you go guys! Here's the answer. But then he never ever engages in dialogue with anyone. So you can challenge him with facts all day but he's too cowardly to respond.

Now he has up a new video about Mormonism. I think what annoys me is he posts these on youtube and instagram and facebook like, here you go guys! Here's the answer. But then he never ever engages in dialogue with anyone. So you can challenge him with facts all day but he's too cowardly to respond.

Well, I knew it'd come sooner or later.

Wanted to say something mean/snarky but I feel like it's too easy. Bin is such a dope that making fun of him has now gotten to feel like making fun of an 8th-9th grader, like someone mentioned up-thread. I just feel like it isn't even a fair fight anymore.

the Duggers have never allowed dialogue they are terrified of it.

I can't help but wonder if these videos were JB's idea.

Personally, I'd rather pick on the posts of Seewald Senior. I wish he would post more often, he's a much better target, and his rants are often even more ridiculous than Ben's.

Ben got lots of negative comments about his Mormonism video.

I know Ben is now an "Adult" and about to be a dad, but I feel like he could use some good guidance by a mature adult in his life, other than JB.

Personally, I'd rather pick on the posts of Seewald Senior. I wish he would post more often, he's a much better target, and his rants are often even more ridiculous than Ben's.

He'll also at least make an effort to reply to posts that disagree with him.

That said, he has a nasty tendency to use bad logic and ad hominem (remember when slamming Jessa Duggar made us Hitler's doppelgängers?) not that JB doesn't.

But seewald senior at least sounds like less of a dope than JB, plus he can have a stopped clock moment every so often.

ETA: I wonder if Seewald senior's encouraging the blogging? For fame whoring? Does he believe it'd be a good intellectual religious exercise? Huh. Because why would JB want him to parrot things that aren't the official party line/try to outshine him.

I know Ben is now an "Adult" and about to be a dad, but I feel like he could use some good guidance by a mature adult in his life, other than JB.

Did you just call Jim Boob a mature adult?

I remember being that age and thinking I knew everything. Most of us probably do, but we never lived in an echo chamber with leghumpers as far add the eye can see. I can't imagine how insufferable Jessa and Ben are in person. They've got no clue about how clueless they are.

He'll also at least make an effort to reply to posts that disagree with him.

That said, he has a nasty tendency to use bad logic and ad hominem (remember when slamming Jessa Duggar made us Hitler's doppelgängers?) not that JB doesn't.

But seewald senior at least sounds like less of a dope than JB, plus he can have a stopped clock moment every so often.

ETA: I wonder if Seewald senior's encouraging the blogging? For fame whoring? Does he believe it'd be a good intellectual religious exercise? Huh. Because why would JB want him to parrot things that aren't the official party line/try to outshine him.

No way JB is pushing this. It's showing too much Calvinist and not enough Gothard for JB. I do like Senior Seewald just because he will engage, respectfully, and has even said "I've never thought of it that way" So he's at least open to ideas different from his. It also shows the difference in education between the two fathers. Papa Seewald is capable of seeing both sides, analyzing, and producing a reply. JB won't even engage someone who thinks differently because he lack the skills to analyze and reply with anything other than "But Jesus"

Is there a link to the mormon video somewhere?

Speaking of Calvinism.....

Their saved by Grace and not by works predestination doctrine makes things difficult for Josh. Josh's "works" are indicating he isn't really saved and that he might be one of those Christians that God has "spewed out of his mouth".

This reminds me of a joke:

Luther is dead and being shown around Hell by Satan himself. They are walking through a crowd of tormented souls, and Luther feels pretty smug when Satan stops every once in a while to jab random Popes and Bishops with his pitchfork. Suddenly they come across Calvin and Satan jabs him extra hard. After his squealing subsides Calvin spits at Luther:

"Luther! I always knew I would see you here!".

"Yes", shrugged Luther. "You were right about that, I guess. Still, I am surprised to see you here. How did this happen?"

Calvin looks ashamed and replies: "It was works".

Is this joke funny? I have seen people split their sides hearing this joke.

Ha. We are witnessing the "humble" foundations of their Ministry business - with these promotional personal testimonies. Its their calling, after all -- ::fart:: -- and not difficult to see that their target market are all those young, naive teens in existential crisis, ferociously consuming the internetz.

He tries. And sure, its cute. But the only distinguishing attribute he has going for himself, is his vainglorious wife.

Lets think of a great question to ask Bin - one he cannot easily dismiss as bs, but patronizing all the same... :stir-pot: Then again, why validate their monomania... idk. :shrug:

I wasn't going to comment on this thread because I was afraid it would devolve into how much these two jerkoffs remind me of my fundie-light cousin and her grifter wanna be wealthy pastor of an unemployed hus :shock: band (they do these stupid ass videos too). However, I saw this on my newsfeed and it cracked me up. Link unbroken because tmz. http://www.fishwrapper.com/post/2015/07 ... weird-sad/

post-13471-14452000527923_thumb.jpg

Is there a link to the mormon video somewhere?

Both have comments:

youtube.com/watch?v=cHrL8XT2VBs&feature=youtu.be

facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=1654220364810358&id=1406547736244290

This comment cracked me up:

Leghumper: Hi Jessa☺ Love these videos. Can you do the differences of Christianity vs Seven day Adventist. Please and Thank you ☺

Normal Person: Yes please. We would love more biased misinformation to close our minds even more.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

If Ben were a non-white unemployed 20 year old, making youtube videos, would anyone pay attention?

They don't need to make self help videos. They should be watching them. These two are completely clueless and well and truly screwed when it comes to surviving in the real world.

They have such a strong following of leghumpers and gawkers, they are bound to make a pretty penny on YouTube. Even if you dont agree with what Ben is saying, at least he's working!

I think what bothers me is instead of saying there's a theological difference between his Christianity and Mormonism, which is valid, he approaches it from a "Mormons aren't Christian" viewpoint which insults millions of people. Even if they don't think exactly like you, they still believe in Jesus and have relationships with God. It's insulting to question and then just dismiss their Christianity. If he really were ballsy he would do a video on Calvinism v. most Christians but then he would lose most of his fans.

Archived