IGNORED

FLDS evictions video/article

Yeah, that is what I recall of Jeff's sect and Hilldale but my understanding is Kingston is not in Hilldale but in the Salt Lake City area. So do "the Order" children go to public school? Church school? Homeschool? Anyone know? In the rolling stone article (link below written in 2011) indicates they went to public school. Also from the episode this section of FLDS wears normal clothes and hairstyle. Not the prairie dresses with that weird hair style.

http://www.rollingstone.com/culture/new ... e-20110615

That I wouldn't know about. Maybe some of the families that fell out with Jeffs?

Going to read the Rolling Stone article. Thank you for the link.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

From what I can find right now the Kingston Clan holds simmilar beliefs as the Jeffs Clan but are a seperate sect.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mormon_fundamentalism

I know...wiki, not my favorite but I am using my phone right now.

Thank you for the link to Rolling Stone. I have always been interested in the FLDS and followed it because I live in AZ. The Kingston Clan gives me something new to learn about.

So, I am the keeper of the family tree for my family, and I've been working on my husband's tree. I'm pretty good at visualizing how people relate to each other. I can NOT keep these people straight in my head. Mostly because of the inheriting of wives stuff.

Also, Mariah Brown seems to be using that tumbler as a blog of some sort. Aspyn posts too. Very interesting that.

Many of us Zonies have a bit of morbid curiosity about the FLDS folk.

Kingstobs go to regular school and live in secrecy. Kids will drop out in high school to marry/work depending on your gender.

Kingstobs go to regular school and live in secrecy. Kids will drop out in high school to marry/work depending on your gender.

thanks notALoser

I think that is the problem with all these cults- FLDS, Gothard, etc keep the next generation dependent and stupid and you will keep them in line with the brainwashing. So very sad.

The kingstons want their children to learn a trade. They are more valuable to the community. They do not follow Jeffs in many respects. The first is that they ca dress "normal" ie modern modest". The kingstons own more businesses than the FLDS. They may appear more modern then the FLDS but they are not.

I watch escape from Polugamy just to see if someone I knew escapes.

The kingstons want their children to learn a trade. They are more valuable to the community. They do not follow Jeffs in many respects. The first is that they ca dress "normal" ie modern modest". The kingstons own more businesses than the FLDS. They may appear more modern then the FLDS but they are not.

I watch escape from Polugamy just to see if someone I knew escapes.

I still haven't seen it yet (waiting for DS to go to work so I can hi-jack his computer) but also read a snippit about the LeBaon clan. I now have two new families to read about.

So... I fell very far down this rabbit hole. I knew things were bad, I really did. I didn't know they were this bad. I have heard of people treating women as property, but this goes WAYYYYYY past a dowry.

Also, referring to their family wreaths is funny. Hubby says it's more like a family thistle bush.

I found myself wondering about genetic defects from all the inbreeding. I think the severe, rampant insanity is the defect. This shit is disturbing.

So... I fell very far down this rabbit hole. I knew things were bad, I really did. I didn't know they were this bad. I have heard of people treating women as property, but this goes WAYYYYYY past a dowry.

Also, referring to their family wreaths is funny. Hubby says it's more like a family thistle bush.

I found myself wondering about genetic defects from all the inbreeding. I think the severe, rampant insanity is the defect. This shit is disturbing.

There definitely are some- I believe it has been discussed in several of the memoirs. I can't remember off the top of my head just what they are, but I clearly recall reading there's been an uptick since the elevated inbreeding brought on by the incestual marriages and reassigning of wives.

There definitely are some- I believe it has been discussed in several of the memoirs. I can't remember off the top of my head just what they are, but I clearly recall reading there's been an uptick since the elevated inbreeding brought on by the incestual marriages and reassigning of wives.

There's a significant increase in the frequency of fumarase deficiency in the Hilldale-Colorado City FLDS population.

The CEO/founder of the company I work for is x-FLDS. He left, went to dental school and eventually started inventing dental tools and compounds. He now helps others who escape the cult. He is generous and donates to many causes. I admire him for all that he had to go through.

Last night was great, too. I'm impressed with this show. We had the first wife of one of the Kingston brothers leave. She had 16 kids! And her first sister wife came into the family at age 14, after being courted for two years. And all these half siblings getting married. Just fascinating.

Last night was great, too. I'm impressed with this show. We had the first wife of one of the Kingston brothers leave. She had 16 kids! And her first sister wife came into the family at age 14, after being courted for two years. And all these half siblings getting married. Just fascinating.

I agree, it is fascinating and disgusting all at the same time! If they keep up this intermarrying, the blood line will be so tainted and birth defects rampant, nobody will want to marry the group. Ironically, they preach this is how to keep the blood pure. :ew:

The first wife (Kathy) said she was fortunate to have 12 (?) boys because they don't want the boys and so they get kicked out. She says she failed her other 3 daughters they are already married in the cult but she wanted to leave this time to save her 14 year old daughter and the other 4 boys still at home (she still has 5 at home, all the rest out). She said her older boys set up the house for them to live in, etc. One son is a truck driver. As noted in the show, Kathy will have a fight on her hand because she is legally married to the man (since she is the first wife) and they suspect there will be a court battle and mainly over the 14 year old daughter. I wonder if her other 3 married daughters will escape now that they see their mom do it.

Another part of the show the featured ladies had the genealogy of the (7?) brothers. They said between the 7 brothers there are about 800 decedents! And the young ladies were pointing out that some of the wives are nieces to their husbands. They also started crossing out who had left and it wasn't very many compared to the 800. They mentioned "how many more want to leave and we don't even know it."

wow! thanks MaryCD. I don't have time to look at all that today but I started scanning it. Wow.

This tumblr is fascinating! Bit OT and I'm clearly catching up on Sister Wives, but WTH -- Christine LeBaron Allred Brown?? Oh my sweet heavens...so much is explained so quickly.

This tumblr is fascinating! Bit OT and I'm clearly catching up on Sister Wives, but WTH -- Christine LeBaron Allred Brown?? Oh my sweet heavens...so much is explained so quickly.

Did you run across the whole Brown family tree they have!? It's CRAZY.

I actually found FJ through PRUP and WTFFF :)

Did you run across the whole Brown family tree they have!? It's CRAZY.

I actually found FJ through PRUP and WTFFF :)

I'm still looking for the whole Brown family tree. I imagine it will both frighten and fascinate me.

I'm always a little amazed by the Mormons, as a whole (holy begonias, I just typed "Morons" accidentally; subconscious must be editing the fingertips). As a whole, they pursue and value education...not always to the best ends, as evidenced by their language acquisition and its use in proselytizing. I know the polygamists are much further out there, but still. How do they lack concern about inbreeding? How do they value a "prophet" over the problems they've seen with their own eyes?

I'm enjoying the Lifetime series (despite the Lifetime-y dramatizations) in part because I'm not as familiar with that branch, but also because of how open they are about their f'ed up families. A half-brother marrying his half-sister and having eleventy kids? Completely horrible, but I want to know as much as I can about how that horribleness occurred and how it continues. WTH goes on in their minds to not only allow this but encourage it with their own children? It's astounding.

• 3 weeks later...

Not sure where to post about the show Esacping Polygamy since I don't see any new threads about it. So I dug this one up. First of all, I'm loving the show. Yeah it has some over the top moments but I think the girls on it are great. My second thought is about Shanell and Kollene's mom. She is regularly on the show, and so are her minor children. Though they claim she is still in The Order. I can't for one second believe her asshole husband would be allowing this. Or that she would try to hide filming, knowing that he'd eventually find out. I'm thinking she left and the storyline is for the drama. But my web sleuthing is getting me no answers. Anyone know the real situation?

There is a thread on this but your best source is Politicsrusprinciple.tumblr.com she knows everyone abs everything involved.

• 2 weeks later...

That tumbler totally sucked me in. I only came up for air when Joshly Madison scrolled across my fb. I can't keep the family thistle bushes straight even a little bit, but it is fascinating.

Edit: auto correct is a prude.

Apparently this is what I have to say on the matter since I just realized that this is basically what I said in my last post. :lol: Move along, nothing to see here... :lol:

I drove through Colorado City last week and was rather disappointed that I wasn't followed! I stopped at the post office to buy stamps and the woman behind the counter was wearing "polygamous" dress and had the upswept hair style, and was very pleasant. I even initiated conversation with two other women in the post office who were dressed conservatively, but not "plyg."

I was struck by the extremes in the town: real poverty and well built, large houses. Almost every thing was surrounded by tall fencing, into compounds.

I did see notices on houses, which I presume are eviction notices from the UEP trust

I saw very few people.

I imagine that all the upheaval has the God squad keeping on the down low for now. If I were them, and all the residents were shifting, I'd wait to see who came out on top. That is assuming those on the squad haven't been evicted.

Archived