IGNORED

Jim Bob Duggar sighted with felon Kent Hovind

mirele

I know. A gay scandal would have been so much poetic justice. Instead we have something involving child victims.

There is something so grand when a vile homophobe like JB gets caught in flagrante delicto.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It was so sweet when Ted Haggard got caught. I remember him especially from Jesus Camp, the documentary, dipping his wife, laying a big sloppy kiss on her and exclaiming HOW HOT!! Christian sex was. JB reminds me so much of him.

I have had personal experience with the Sovereign Citizen movement, apparently the one that Hovind believes in, as one of their members sued me in Small Claims Court. Basically, my crime was honoring a IRS Levy attaching his pension to pay for the taxes he owed after years of non-payment. The judge could not believe his ears when this man began to talk but he kept it together and told us we would receive his ruling in a few weeks. Needless to say, the case was thrown out and about 75% of his pension went to the IRS every month. I had this guy in my office a number of times before the law suit and he tried to convince me that he was doing the right thing. He told me that California was not really a state and that the IRS was really an off-shore company located in the Caribbean. Apparently he had to pay quite a bit for the "kit" which included preprinted letters to send to entities like our pension fund. Finally, out of exasperation, I told him to his face that the person running the organization and selling those "kits" was probably paying his own taxes but hanging the rest of them out to dry. I don't know if that is true but it seems likely but I had had it with these people and their non-payment of taxes. (He was one of several people in this movement who had IRS Levies attached to their pensions)

Optics are everything. Jim Bob's appearance with this guy does not look good.

I have had personal experience with the Sovereign Citizen movement, apparently the one that Hovind believes in, as one of their members sued me in Small Claims Court. Basically, my crime was honoring a IRS Levy attaching his pension to pay for the taxes he owed after years of non-payment. The judge could not believe his ears when this man began to talk but he kept it together and told us we would receive his ruling in a few weeks. Needless to say, the case was thrown out and about 75% of his pension went to the IRS every month. I had this guy in my office a number of times before the law suit and he tried to convince me that he was doing the right thing. He told me that California was not really a state and that the IRS was really an off-shore company located in the Caribbean. Apparently he had to pay quite a bit for the "kit" which included preprinted letters to send to entities like our pension fund. Finally, out of exasperation, I told him to his face that the person running the organization and selling those "kits" was probably paying his own taxes but hanging the rest of them out to dry. I don't know if that is true but it seems likely but I had had it with these people and their non-payment of taxes. (He was one of several people in this movement who had IRS Levies attached to their pensions)

Optics are everything. Jim Bob's appearance with this guy does not look good.

Thanks for this up close and personal experience with a sovereign citizen nutter. I have to admit that my only real-life encounter (outside of the Kent Hovind followers) was a guy who told me that the gold fringe on a flag in court meant it was an admiralty court. I'd been five years out of law school at that point and thought (a) "this dude is whack" and (b) "where did that argument come from?" It was quite a few years later when I latched on to true sovcit nuttery.

The "sovcit"'s are getting to be quite a nuisance. There have been cases where they rent a house and then immediately declare it sovereign territory, stop paying rent, start wrecking the place by barricading it up, and generally being assholes. The owners of the property are sol for months and years until they can get the squatter out.

Could it be that Jim Bob has always been even more conservative than he allowed to be shown? When you are friends with Kent Hovind, you are way out there in ultra-conservative, anti-government territory. While the show was on, Jim Bob would have been wise to reign in those crackpot views but now his true colors are apparent. When you align yourself with people like Hovind, you are making a statement. But, there is no downside for Jim Bob as he would be viewed as a hero to this anti-government crowd if "the liberal media" took him off the air. He would still make a fortune with appearances and speaking fees, telling people exactly what they want to hear.

Could it be that Jim Bob has always been even more conservative than he allowed to be shown? When you are friends with Kent Hovind, you are way out there in ultra-conservative, anti-government territory. While the show was on, Jim Bob would have been wise to reign in those crackpot views but now his true colors are apparent. When you align yourself with people like Hovind, you are making a statement. But, there is no downside for Jim Bob as he would be viewed as a hero to this anti-government crowd if "the liberal media" took him off the air. He would still make a fortune with appearances and speaking fees, telling people exactly what they want to hear.

Is JB not a "Dominionist"? These groups are anti-government by default. They want a reformed or brand new government that embraces Christianity.

Archived