IGNORED

Gothard is back

GenerationCedarchip

I saw a story on WORLD news mentioning that BIll Gothard has relaunched his website. And sure enough, he's back! The website (billgothard.com) has a section called "A Further Statement" where he tries to defend himself against accusations that he harassed women at IBLP. It's full of purple prose, and protestations that some of the women accusing him had also written him testimonials, etc...

My family was never in ATI so I look at this as something of an outsider, but I've known folks who were into his teachings.

Of course he is. Gothard's glitter-herpes-cockroaches.

His "going away" was just an illusion to make it look like he and the BoD took what he did seriously. He has always remained in power.

Utterly predictable. Cockroaches are practically indestructible. They will return.

What will be interesting is the reaction in Fundie-land, if any, about Gothard's re-emergence. :popcorn2:

Who is the next Bates to get married? I wonder that now he is no longer in hiding for his sins if he will get a cake and a special spot of honor.

Utterly predictable. Cockroaches are practically indestructible. They will return.

What will be interesting is the reaction in Fundie-land, if any, about Gothard's re-emergence. :popcorn2:

Exactly. Like cockroaches, he returned once the lights were turned off. My guess is that the Bates might give him a spot of honor at their next wedding, and the Duggars might even do the same thing when Josiah gets married, especially if the show is actually gone.

And of course we need a soundtrack for this new adventure:

Good work! :lol:

I laughed way harder at that than I should have. Bravo!

Also, I was going to say that this is Gothard's soundtrack for his next season in life, but alas it has a rock beat:

My first reaction was amusement but as I watched it sunk in how sickeningly appropriate it is.

See, this is what runs through my head every time I see the thread title:

[bBvideo 560,340:3ettmv4o]

[/bBvideo]

EVVVVVERYBAAAAAHDY-UH!

Good reminder of why I always preferred N'SYNC by a huge margin.

See, this is what runs through my head every time I see the thread title:

[bBvideo 560,340:2zkh2ahu]

[/bBvideo]

EVVVVVERYBAAAAAHDY-UH!

Good reminder of why I always preferred N'SYNC by a huge margin.

What's scary is that 'Go-thard's back, Alright!" is in sync with the beat/lyrics

Exactly. GenerationCedarchip could've gone with a thread title like "Gothard has returned" without invoking an earworm, but nooooooo. :lol:

What's scary is that 'Go-thard's back, Alright!" is in sync with the beat/lyrics

The costuming makes me think of The Tool.

I saw a story on WORLD news mentioning that BIll Gothard has relaunched his website. And sure enough, he's back!

Nooooooooo!!!!!!!!

:thumbsdown3:

:angry-screaming:

:angry-steamingears:

:angry-banghead:

even death won't kill that cockroach he as spawned many generations.

I think many people have no idea just how deeply some of his incredibly destructive ideas have been absorbed into mainstream evangelicalism. I'd never heard of him before January, 2014, but I can see clearly now that so much of what I've come to despise about evangelicalism has roots in his teaching. Things like the extreme male-headship crap, the idea of the umbrella of protection, forcing abuse or crime victims to examine their own sin (and the forced, instant forgiveness that follows), female modesty/blaming girls and women for men's supposed inability to not be sexist assholes...all really took root from his teaching.

He has been frighteningly influential, even among people who have never heard of him. Most of what I listed above didn't exist at all, or was much less pronounced, in evangelical-type churches before the 80s. IFB notwithstanding, of course.

I think many people have no idea just how deeply some of his incredibly destructive ideas have been absorbed into mainstream evangelicalism. I'd never heard of him before January, 2014, but I can see clearly now that so much of what I've come to despise about evangelicalism has roots in his teaching. Things like the extreme male-headship crap, the idea of the umbrella of protection, forcing abuse or crime victims to examine their own sin (and the forced, instant forgiveness that follows), female modesty/blaming girls and women for men's supposed inability to not be sexist assholes...all really took root from his teaching.

He has been frighteningly influential, even among people who have never heard of him. Most of what I listed above didn't exist at all, or was much less pronounced, in evangelical-type churches before the 80s. IFB notwithstanding, of course.

you have me reaching for a can of raid.

Archived