IGNORED

4th of July at Elissa and Joe Maxwells

SPHASH

It's going to be interesting in 15-20 years when Nat's girls are old enough to marry. He's only got 1 boy. He can't be expected to take care of 3 maiden sisters. :fsm:

• Replies 184
  • Created
  • Last Reply
It's going to be interesting in 15-20 years when Nat's girls are old enough to marry. He's only got 1 boy. He can't be expected to take care of 3 maiden sisters. :fsm:

I dunno. Nathan is already lax enough to let his girls wear knee-length skirts and let Abby get a bob. Here's hoping he'll let his girls get married.

I dunno. Nathan is already lax enough to let his girls wear knee-length skirts and let Abby get a bob. Here's hoping he'll let his girls get married.

Only Bethany and Christina wear shorter skirts. Abby "chooses" to wear long skirts full time. As if a child can really choose that. :(

I believe that ONE Maxwell daughter will get married. No more. Not Sarah - I just get the feeling she's a little too anxious at the prospect of leaving home.

Personally, I think Steve has someone in mind for Mary and after he's been properly 'groomed', he'll tell Mary Jesus wants her to marry him.

Coming out of lurkdom to poster here.

The Duggar's were my gateway fundies and I learned about the Maxwell's through them. I read on here about Steve going further and further 'down the rabbit hole' and I read some about him on here as well as on the old Yuku board. I also looked with the Way Back machine. To me it really is scary how he dragged his whole family into the crazy with him under the disguise of 'religion'. For Teri and the older kids it may have happened so gradually that they didn't even notice how nuts he was until it was too late. The younger kids had no chance at all. It's not he came home from work one day and said "no friends, no sports, no fun." And with Teri being so depressed Steve stepping up and taking control may have seemed like a blessing (at first).

I do think it's interesting (and not unexpected) that everything about his courtship was taken down off the blog. I did notice however that if you search 'Elizabeth' (the name of his first wife to be) there is no blog entries about her, but her name does come up in some of the comments from people in posts about the house. I'm guessing Steve took her name out of the posts about the house, while keeping the rest of the post up, and forgot to look at the comments where people say stuff like how 'lucky Elizabeth is' or 'What a happy couple Elizabeth and Joseph' are. Guess Steve wasn't as vigilant as he usually is.

I believe that ONE Maxwell daughter will get married. No more. Not Sarah - I just get the feeling she's a little too anxious at the prospect of leaving home.

Personally, I think Steve has someone in mind for Mary and after he's been properly 'groomed', he'll tell Mary Jesus wants her to marry him.

Hehe I totally read this as Steve telling Mary that she should marry Jesus.

I doubt Steve will let any of the girls marry, but if he does my money is on Anna. Can't really put my finger on why.

I think the younger girls are more likely to be married than Poor Sarah. She has been frightened of the world her whole life; as a child, when Steve was still in corporate America, and the Maxwells let her go to a sleepover with other little girls - she was terrified and IIRC had to go home. She was also terrified of other children's Halloween costumes, and scared of decorations. Sarah has always been frightened. One might say she has been Terri-fied. Terri and Steve encouraged the fear. I would love to see her find someone sweet and caring, and gentle to sweep her off her feet, but I just don't think it will happen.

Anna and Mary are much younger, and it would be easier for them to adapt to marriage and intimacy, as well as change so as not to be frightened of the world. I can see at least one of them being married off for sure.

We always focus on the girls, because marriage and children are all a woman has to look forward to in their world, but there are still 2 unmarried sons as well. Jesse may be a little young, at only 20, but John's 24 and surely if he's been the most difficult child, Steve would be trying to marry him off to some virtuous maiden soon, to keep him in line.*** Of course, out of them all, John seems to be the one who does things his way by going overseas (alone!), to running a business that has nothing to do with the family and no mention of Christ and death on it's website.

Five unmarried kids Stevie, not a good track record really....

***Form an orderly line to the left those FJ'ers interested in really "taking one for the team" and running off with John, applications will be taken and forwarded to Steve for his perusal :lol:

I think the younger girls are more likely to be married than Poor Sarah. She has been frightened of the world her whole life; as a child, when Steve was still in corporate America, and the Maxwells let her go to a sleepover with other little girls - she was terrified and IIRC had to go home. She was also terrified of other children's Halloween costumes, and scared of decorations. Sarah has always been frightened. One might say she has been Terri-fied. Terri and Steve encouraged the fear. I would love to see her find someone sweet and caring, and gentle to sweep her off her feet, but I just don't think it will happen.

Anna and Mary are much younger, and it would be easier for them to adapt to marriage and intimacy, as well as change so as not to be frightened of the world. I can see at least one of them being married off for sure.

We always focus on the girls, because marriage and children are all a woman has to look forward to in their world, but there are still 2 unmarried sons as well. Jesse may be a little young, at only 20, but John's 24 and surely if he's been the most difficult child, Steve would be trying to marry him off to some virtuous maiden soon, to keep him in line.*** Of course, out of them all, John seems to be the one who does things his way by going overseas (alone!), to running a business that has nothing to do with the family and no mention of Christ and death on it's website.

Five unmarried kids Stevie, not a good track record really....

***Form an orderly line to the left those FJ'ers interested in really "taking one for the team" and running off with John, applications will be taken and forwarded to Steve for his perusal :lol:

I'll submit an application for defrauding, corrupting, and programming John's GPS to hell ( :cracking-up: ), but I'm not sympathetic enough to any of the Maxwells to join the collective, even for an hour. :snooty:

I'll submit an application for defrauding, corrupting, and programming John's GPS to hell ( :cracking-up: ), but I'm not sympathetic enough to any of the Maxwells to join the collective, even for an hour. :snooty:

:lol: You never know princessmahina, you may well be the one to lead him away into a life of freedom, happiness, and absolute sin. I, for one, would be so proud of you, though Steve would hate you with the heat of a thousand suns, which is another good reason to do it :lol:

Archived