IGNORED

4th of July at Elissa and Joe Maxwells

SPHASH

I feel bad for the little Maxwell girl in the polka dot frumper . . .

And Liz's testimony about "omg the Duggars and their kids! NOW I understand I want kids!"

I'm still surprised the Maxwells haven't capitalized on the Smuggar scandal.

• Replies 184
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think bibs are an idol in the Chris Maxwell family. NR Anna - buy a mega bottle of Tide with bleach and loosen up, for crying out loud.

I think bibs are an idol in the Chris Maxwell family. NR Anna - buy a mega bottle of Tide with bleach and loosen up, for crying out loud.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

You don't understand. When you are a super special Maxwell who anticipates many arrows from the Lord, you need those baby clothes to LAST!

I have nothing to base this on, but I've always thought the double bib baby hazmat suits were Christopher's idea. Anna just seems like the type that could go with the flow with kids' messes. Christopher does not.

Ruthanne in that frumper - ugh. Anna, it is not the 80s or early 90s, little girls do not need to be dressed like that.

Still love that John is the only Maxwell childult not in red. Go John!

I'm left wondering if Chris joined the denim gang for the holiday or stuck with his tried-and-true khakis.

Oooh, boy! I think I need to go to the prayer closet after seeing the closeup of John with the baby. :angelic-halofell:

:lol: :lol: :lol:

You don't understand. When you are a super special Maxwell who anticipates many arrows from the Lord, you need those baby clothes to LAST!

I think the bibs are less to keep clothes clean (these are the people who pour cement and plant trees, after all; they must be ok with clothes getting dirty) and more as a food-saving approach -- you know, when the kiddo drops a piece of food without a scooper-bib, it's gone -- but with one, they can just reach down and pluck it out and eat it! Just think of all the pennies saved!

Side note: I'm not a parent, but at what age are grapes no longer a choking hazard? I think that's what I see on one of the little girls' plates, isn't it?

I had on a jeans jacket on the Fourth of July--it was a little chilly up here.

Elissa's "baby bump" has really popped. Her smile looks genuine too- you can tell she's a still a bit of a newcomer to Maxhell. ;)

I was going to ask if she's knocked up yet or if she's a failure as a wife.....

Barf to the sharing bacon picture. You know the girls would have been spanked for doing something like that. blech

Barf to the sharing bacon picture. You know the girls would have been spanked for doing something like that. blech

That picture made me gag a little too. It reminded me of the Lady and the Tramp spaghetti scene- which I also found gag-worthy. I'm not trying to imply Nathan is a creeper/pervert, I just think it's icky to share food like that.

I feel bad for the little Maxwell girl in the polka dot frumper . . .

And Liz's testimony about "omg the Duggars and their kids! NOW I understand I want kids!"

I'm still surprised the Maxwells haven't capitalized on the Smuggar scandal.

I am surprised Stevehovah and Terri haven't used it to show off their "superior" parenting skills.

Ruthanne in that frumper - ugh. Anna, it is not the 80s or early 90s, little girls do not need to be dressed like that.

Still love that John is the only Maxwell childult not in red. Go John!

I can't see evidence of Ruthanne in a frumper. If she's the one wearing a polka dot dress with a sailor girl inspired collar and red ribbon, in that photo with the other girl in a striped skirt, I didn't think that was a frumper, I thought that was a normal (if long) dress. I thought frumpers were the kind of thing the Maxwells and Duggars used to wear- what we in England call "pinafore dresses", but longer, shapeless and ugly as fuck. Do correct me if I'm wrong though!

It's nice to see that Elissa is comfortable with Elizabeth Munck's color choices for the house. :)

And may I say that I'm so glad that my post count title matches my avatar. :D

It's nice to see that Elissa is comfortable with Elizabeth Munck's color choices for the house. :)

Haha!! I wonder if they changed the colors.

Haha!! I wonder if they changed the colors.

I doubt it.

I also don't believe for a second that Elizabeth actually had a say in those colors.

I can't see evidence of Ruthanne in a frumper. If she's the one wearing a polka dot dress with a sailor girl inspired collar and red ribbon, in that photo with the other girl in a striped skirt, I didn't think that was a frumper, I thought that was a normal (if long) dress. I thought frumpers were the kind of thing the Maxwells and Duggars used to wear- what we in England call "pinafore dresses", but longer, shapeless and ugly as fuck. Do correct me if I'm wrong though!

Anything old fashioned, that hides the shape of the female form (even a child's), and/or is baggy is a frumper.

And the Duggars definitely used to where that style quite a bit before they got famous.

It looks like Elissa has a beehive in the backyard (the white box-type thing). Hope she continues with her 4-Her ways! And I hope she lets her kid(s) be in 4-H.

It looks like Elissa has a beehive in the backyard (the white box-type thing). Hope she continues with her 4-Her ways! And I hope she lets her kid(s) be in 4-H.

Yes! I agree! 4-H would be amazing for all of them, if but to learn about the ol' S-E-X.

I doubt it.

I also don't believe for a second that Elizabeth actually had a say in those colors.

Good point!! I'm sure she didn't.

I doubt it.

I hope she didn't. They're pretty ugly, imho. That muddy red in the kitchen? :ew:

Me too! I have always been amazed that more of these homeschoolers don't use 4-H, though the Maxwells likely worry about the worldly influence of the other 4-H kids and families. Plus, there is the competition at the county fair and speaking and parliamentary contests over the years--as evil as sports, no doubt.

But various 4-H projects teach nutrition, cooking, sewing, home projects, electrical wiring, photography, animal husbandry, crops, gardening, etc... all the kinds of things that the patriarchy says it wants people to be skilled in.

But God forbid the kids would be exposed to a Methodist or a single mom....

Archived