IGNORED

CA has mandatory vaccination/CA Bans Personal Belief Exemp

IronicallyMaeve

Oh god. You're one of them.

Vaccine injuries are not what you think they are. They're side effects. That doesn't mean they're inherently bad, but some people react differently than others. In the majority of cases, they're things like swelling, mild fever, a red lump at the injection site, or a small rash. The worst that will happen is an anaphylactic reaction. The only one to persist after a couple days is the chance of getting a rash after the MMR, which is a possibility for up to 6 weeks.

You're child will NOT: end up with a mental handicap; be autistic; die (unless they have an anaphylactic reaction and you don't treat); be sick for the rest of its life; develop any physical or emotional disabilities; or otherwise end up with any of the crap I've heard anti-vaxxers claim was because of vaccines.

You can't be serious! Have you READ the vaccine inserts!? Have you looked at VAERS claims? You're delusional if you think that the worst thing that happens is a rash. Yes, that's a side effect. I'm not talking about that.

• Replies 882
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Vaccine injuries are not what you think they are. They're side effects. That doesn't mean they're inherently bad, but some people react differently than others. In the majority of cases, they're things like swelling, mild fever, a red lump at the injection site, or a small rash. The worst that will happen is an anaphylactic reaction. The only one to persist after a couple days is the chance of getting a rash after the MMR, which is a possibility for up to 6 weeks.

You're child will NOT: end up with a mental handicap; be autistic; die (unless they have an anaphylactic reaction and you don't treat); be sick for the rest of its life; develop any physical or emotional disabilities; or otherwise end up with any of the crap I've heard anti-vaxxers claim was because of vaccines.

This is not necessarily true. I know someone who's younger brother developed status epilepticus and died from vaccine administration. Her parents still fully vaccinated her and her other brother despite her brother dying from a vaccine reaction. Also, I work with individuals with intellectual and developmental disabilities, and two of the individuals I work with have cerebral palsy related from vaccine injury. I also work with one girl who is intellectually disabled because her mother worked daycare and was exposed to rubella when she was pregnant with her.

Despite all of the above, all of my children are fully vaxed (though I do space the vax out) and my oldest son got the gardisil vaccination. His choice. He wanted it because he learned in sexual health class that it would help prevent possible throat cancer in men from oral sex. My other children are not at the age to receive the gardisil yet.

You can't be serious! Have you READ the vaccine inserts!? Have you looked at VAERS claims? You're delusional if you think that the worst thing that happens is a rash. Yes, that's a side effect. I'm not talking about that.

Yes I have. I also know that VAERS' job is to:

Detect new, unusual, or rare vaccine adverse events

Monitor increases in known adverse events

Identify potential patient risk factors for particular types of adverse events

Identify vaccine lots with increased numbers or types of reported adverse events

Assess the safety of newly licensed vaccines

And, as a passive reporting system, the public gets to make the claims. The public, which is largely unrelated to the medical field. In fact, on the CDC websites, it even says, under how to report to VAERS:

"Anyone who gives or receives a licensed vaccine in the U.S. is encouraged to report any significant health problem or unexpected event (even if uncertain that the vaccine caused the event) for any vaccine."

AND this:

"When evaluating data from VAERS, it is important to note that for any reported event, no cause-and-effect relationship has been established. VAERS receives reports on all potential associations between vaccines and adverse events. Therefore, VAERS collects data on any adverse event following vaccination, be it coincidental or truly caused by a vaccine. The report of an adverse event to VAERS is not documentation that vaccine caused the event."

Sorry, but I got Chicken Pox twice in my life. I did not develop a life time of immunity, as promised. And I'd rather risk the REAL vaccine "injuries" than subject my children to the chicken pox. Why? Because when I got chicken pox the second time, everyone in my neighborhood (including my 6 year old sister, who had gotten the chicken pox when she was 1) broke out in shingles. One of my friends, who was 8 at the time, was so scarred from the shingles that nerves in her face, her arms, and her torso no longer functioned. She was so physically scarred from the shingles that she needed plastic surgery because it was the only way she could go through the day without breaking down. Before they allowed the surgery, she was so ashamed of how she looked that she begged her parents not to send her to school and she hid her face from anyone when they had the potential to see her.

And that's just chicken pox/shingles.

ETA:

For the record, my sister and I were both too old to get the chicken pox vaccinations as a child. My brother was in the first wave of kids required to get it as part of the vaccine schedule when we lived in Florida. We moved back to California, where personal belief exemptions allowed parents to say "chicken pox aren't that bad, I won't get my kids vaccinated against it." There was an outbreak at his school caused by the unvaccinated children. My brother and 22 other students were the only ones who didn't contract the disease. Why? Because they were vaccinated. As such, my brother's the only one in my family besides maybe my dad (my grandmother could never remember one way or the other, and he had the good fortune of being away on business both times that the chicken pox came into our house) who didn't get the chicken pox.

Read under "D"- exposure to chicken pox does not cause shingles http://www.mass.gov/eohhs/docs/dph/dise ... ingles.rtf

Yes I have. I also know that VAERS' job is to:

Detect new, unusual, or rare vaccine adverse events

Monitor increases in known adverse events

Identify potential patient risk factors for particular types of adverse events

Identify vaccine lots with increased numbers or types of reported adverse events

Assess the safety of newly licensed vaccines

And, as a passive reporting system, the public gets to make the claims. The public, which is largely unrelated to the medical field. In fact, on the CDC websites, it even says, under how to report to VAERS:

"Anyone who gives or receives a licensed vaccine in the U.S. is encouraged to report any significant health problem or unexpected event (even if uncertain that the vaccine caused the event) for any vaccine."

AND this:

"When evaluating data from VAERS, it is important to note that for any reported event, no cause-and-effect relationship has been established. VAERS receives reports on all potential associations between vaccines and adverse events. Therefore, VAERS collects data on any adverse event following vaccination, be it coincidental or truly caused by a vaccine. The report of an adverse event to VAERS is not documentation that vaccine caused the event."

Yup, and that's their "out." The poor dumb public can't possibly know that they were harmed by a vaccine. It's all in their head...

I was forced to get a mandatory flu vaccine for work. I had hives for months but I couldn't PROVE it was from the vaccine. It also triggered an autoimmune attack or precipitated its development as I found out I have Hashimoto's thyroiditis.

Your solution to the possibility that I could still get sick is "Stay out of the public"? Yes, because going to work is a choice and groceries magically appear in the pantry with no need for money or human contact. THANKS, LORI.

I think it's great you'll admit that you're willing to harm possibly dozens of other people so your shitty kid won't potentially experience an incredibly rare reaction to a vaccine. It's unusual that people are honest enough to loudly proclaim in public that they think they're more important than anyone else.

Vaccinations don't cause autism. But since the anti-vaxx crowd believes they do, I'd just like to say... As someone on the autism spectrum with two autistic siblings, I'm always really thrilled by people who would rather their child DIE OF PREVENTABLE DISEASE than turn out like me. So heartwarming.

This chick claims to be a nurse, DTEIN. She also follows Ezzo. Don't waste your time.

Your solution to the possibility that I could still get sick is "Stay out of the public"? Yes, because going to work is a choice and groceries magically appear in the pantry with no need for money or human contact. THANKS, LORI.

I think it's great you'll admit that you're willing to harm possibly dozens of other people so your shitty kid won't potentially experience an incredibly rare reaction to a vaccine. It's unusual that people are honest enough to loudly proclaim in public that they think they're more important than anyone else.

I think the parents who refuse to vaccinate their kids should keep their kids out of the public. Locked in a box. Forever.

Because it's a protected CHOICE, as vaccination should be!

It is just weird to me that abortion is the thing that is always brought up instead of comparing it to another parenting choice like hitting small children with objects, which parents can choose to do. Hey, you can't choose to not vaccinate but you can choose to hit a child under the age of one.

I think the parents who refuse to vaccinate their kids should keep their kids out of the public. Locked in a box. Forever.

/signed

Also: "Something happened that I don't like/am afraid of, then something else bad happened, so I just know that the thing I didn't like is to blame." Wonderful! I love this new standard of evidence. You guys, yesterday the store was out of my favorite balsamic vinegar, and then I went out to the parking lot and saw that some asshole put a dent in my car with their door. Therefore, condiment shortages cause assholes. And also car damage.

While we're bringing back nearly-eradicated ancient diseases, let's bring back haruspicy! And painting marble statues- I think all the neoclassical architecture in DC is going to look much more interesting when we paint it orange, lime green, and puce.

And yet that's exactly what you want people who choose not to get vaccines for various reasons to do. I had to get one or lose my job. Not cool. So I took the vaccine and ended up with hives for months and a dx of autoimmune hypothyroidism. Related? Who knows. I can't PROVE it, of course. But my dr has written a medical exemption for me so he must think there's a chance that it is. Had I had the CHOICE I wouldn't have taken the vaccine but it was that or lose my job. THAT is not ok. I don't and have never claimed that vaccines don't work or aren't safe. BUT they can be harmful and should not be forced on anyone. That's not ok.

This chick claims to be a nurse, DTEIN. She also follows Ezzo. Don't waste your time.

Omg, seriously?

Next time you post a fucking automatic download, let a bitch know.

What? I'm sorry, I don't know what you mean.

Seatbelts can break your bones in a car accident. A seatbelt broke my right collarbone when I was a teenager. It was very painful, affected my schoolwork negatively, and took months to heal. It still aches sometimes. You know what I still do? PUT ON MY FUCKING SEATBELT. Because it's better to break your collarbone than your HEAD.

Omg, seriously?

Yeah, seriously.

What? I'm sorry, I don't know what you mean.

I clicked on the link and suddenly there was a document regarding vaccines downloading to my computer- no website or all. I wouldn't have clicked had I been aware it would download shit.

I ended up in the er with an anaphlaxis to the flu shot. Because my work required it. I left that job And all of health care because I can't take that risk again.

My son had a 5 day 105 fever of unexplained origin 5 days after his dtap And suddenly stopped talking, and had a bunch of sudden sensory issues. His weight dropped from the 75th percentile to the 10th in 6 months following.

I filled out the vaers report and our physician refused to sign it. Refused to document it as a reaction.

While in the clinic I was sitting with a mother whose 12 y/o is a permanent infant thanks to brain damage from the dtap.

I have since learned that my son has multiple strains of the mthfr gene and other issues that would likely cause him to process the vaccine poorly. And he also has a moderate delays and autism. (not because of the shot, but the shot exacerbated it.)

Will we get a medical exemption? Would you risk the same with your second child? Would you sentence me to life as a permenant caregiver and ruin our livelihood for an injection for a disease that is mostly eradicated? I'll be glad to quarantine myself and family if an outbreak occurs. But I refuse to play Russian Roulette.

I think a lot more people are against this but are scared to post because they will get pounced upon. I started off leery of vaccines because of my AP group I was surrounded by and because I did know people with legitimate vaccine reactions that were serious. So I delayed vaccinating and then I spaced them out and talked to my doctors and read about it and I'm now pro vaccine. But I don't really like the mandate. Many people have deep religious convictions against them and even their philosophical beliefs, which you might not agree with, should be respected. I understand the public health issue. What I am worried about is that they will keep adding to the mandatory list. If they started requiring a yearly flu shot for example, I wouldn't be ok with that. I think they are the least safe and least effective and frankly getting the flu and recovering from it builds up your immune system. Yes I know someone will jump in here and say, UNLESS YOU DIE. But that's a risk I'm willing to take and I just don't like the government making that decision for me. How many medical decisions do I want them to have control over? How much liberty am I willing to give up for the greater good? So, I do see both sides.

I clicked on the link and suddenly there was a document regarding vaccines downloading to my computer- no website or all. I wouldn't have clicked had I been aware it would download shit.

Sorry. It was a .gov. I'm on my phone so I didn't know.

Yeah, seriously.

If you think I'm going to post my credentials online on a public forum then you are as crazy as you think I am;)

I will tell you I got A's in all my courses but two (B's) made the Dean's list, graduated with honors, and passed the NCLEX with the minimum of 75 questions, while taking care of my four children. I don't care if you don't believe me. That doesn't take away my education or accomplishments. FTR, my children are fully vaccinated, except for Hep B, the flu shot, or gardasil. But I reserve the right to make a CHOICE!

Seatbelts can break your bones in a car accident. A seatbelt broke my right collarbone when I was a teenager. It was very painful, affected my schoolwork negatively, and took months to heal. It still aches sometimes. You know what I still do? PUT ON MY FUCKING SEATBELT. Because it's better to break your collarbone than your HEAD.

Yep- and really if one was so afraid of injury to a child, they would never let them leave the house (or the womb) or put them in a car, bathtub, swimming pool or eat anything that could not fit into their ear canal d/t risk of choking or wear a hoodie with a tie or take any medication/undergo any medical procedure, cross the street... and on and on.

Life on the planet comes with risks- and all people, even parents for their kids, take many, if not most, of those risks.

If vaccines are too big a risk, you need to shore up the educational piece. DONE and problem solved.

To date, no school is lining kids up and injecting them with vaccines, so no need to act as if that's the case.

Yep- and really if one was so afraid of injury to a child, they would never let them leave the house (or the womb) or put them in a car, bathtub, swimming pool or eat anything that could not fit into their ear canal d/t risk of choking or wear a hoodie with a tie or take any medication/undergo any medical procedure, cross the street... and on and on.

Life on the planet comes with risks- and all people, even parents for their kids, take many, if not most, of those risks.

If vaccines are too big a risk, you need to shore up the educational piece. DONE and problem solved.

To date, no school is lining kids up and injecting them with vaccines, so no need to act as if that's the case.

Did you miss the title of the thread? CA passed a bill REQUIRING children be fully vaxxed in order to attend school.

It is just weird to me that abortion is the thing that is always brought up instead of comparing it to another parenting choice like hitting small children with objects, which parents can choose to do. Hey, you can't choose to not vaccinate but you can choose to hit a child under the age of one.

Taken from another debate-

Vaccines or no vaccines it is about freedom to choose what you do to your body --- hell seems those that want forced vaccines are the same that scream the loudest about "choice" for abortions. Hypocrites! Last time I checked this was the USA but the greed and the government are trying to change that. Seems they're trying to repeat Nazi Germany -- how Hilter started the insanity--- healthcare. Be brave and check an honest history book. God bless the children.

Archived