IGNORED

Meri (Sisterwives) has a boyfriend er catfish MERGED

Justme

We were talking about this over in the "Meri Has a Boyfriend" thread, but didn't really get into it too terribly much. I've been following the story pretty closely, and here's what I posted over in that thread. It includes a road map to all of the players as well as somebody who's outed them all:

My friend is in a Facebook group to "talk about the show" that found out a ton of stuff about Samuel Cooper, Meri's "guy". Occasionally she'll send me over some stuff, so here's what I have.

Essentially, he's not real, and the company registered to him is fake. It appears his account is run by a woman who has set up multiple accounts that all "talk" to each other, under the guise of a bunch of coworkers. These people make "business deals" over Twitter. Uhhuh. Samuel Cooper tells his employees to "make the deal" and that he's "ready to talk" via his public Twitter. "He" also goes private and so forth as he feels like it or gets harassed, and promises to make massive donations that never materialize (yes, a group got fucked for counting on "his" "donation"). Fishiest part? This person has done it before, even going so far up as to rope in whoever runs Oprah's account.

Here is a site regarding the catfish. It's a one-page site that reveals everything.

nickoconner.wordpress.com

Here is a "road map" of how all the players are connected to each other, with a bunch of links. It's an online PDF, but it's safe- no download required.

attachment.fbsbx.com/file_download.php?id=465457200313822&eid=ASuJD1V6KaTLjWqGqabr0omgDuXLl1bd-8ZDBAndBy2G7qRfrNK-dKIp0QrBD1bljS8&inline=1&ext=1443107684&hash=ASs7cmGLIgX712R6

There were about four voicemails. I listened to them all before they got removed. They both did, and didn't sound like Meri. It occurred to me that perhaps someone took sound bites of her and pieced them together to get the voicemails.

A step further...my friend says a member of the group I mentioned above is now saying that she called Sam/Lindsey/WhateverHerNameIs at a number that was posted on twitter, and that the call really scared her. Evidently the person answered the phone as Lindsey, and then started rapid cycling through voices and personalities. At one point, the speaker evidently appeared to sound and speak as a man, though a woman had answered. The woman who called said she felt as though the speaker had multiple personalities, perhaps an actual disorder to that effect. Granted, this is the internet so this could all be a hoax, but that's where everything stands as of the last update.

ETA... I do want to warn anybody against engaging with these people on Twitter or social media. A lot of the stuff they are saying and doing is just nuts. There are so many players in this web that you can't really tell who is who. People are spying on private Facebook groups, harassing others via Twitter...all sorts of things. The level of interest and investment some of these people have is just crazy to me. People are now doxxing each other, sending private messages and screen shots everywhere...I wouldn't touch this mess with a ten-foot pole as far as anything beyond just discussing it here would go.

• Replies 898
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Apparently the catfish is doing an AMA on one of the FB groups where he's said Meri & Kody are discussing a spiritual divorce, and says he is meeting with the TLC lawyers Friday. Plus, Kendra's daughter says Kendra has been receiving threats. People in the group are speculating that Kendra is actually Sam, and made up the whole Lindsey/Jackie situation.

This is all just totally :pink-shock:

Apparently the catfish is doing an AMA on one of the FB groups where he's said Meri & Kody are discussing a spiritual divorce, and says he is meeting with the TLC lawyers Friday. Plus, Kendra's daughter says Kendra has been receiving threats. People in the group are speculating that Kendra is actually Sam, and made up the whole Lindsey/Jackie situation.

This is all just totally :pink-shock:

What the ever-living F is a spiritual divorce? They're already legally divorced. They need to just go their separate ways (and so do the other wives, for that matter).

What the ever-living F is a spiritual divorce? They're already legally divorced. They need to just go their separate ways (and so do the other wives, for that matter).

I suppose it's an unsealing within their faith. Who knows.

Also for anyone who's bored...the catfish's personal blog is notbatmanyet.com.

So...I have too much time on my hands, clearly.

I suppose it's an unsealing within their faith. Who knows.

Also for anyone who's bored...the catfish's personal blog is notbatmanyet.com.

So...I have too much time on my hands, clearly.

Yep, just like Catholics would have to get a church annulment in addition to a legal divorce before marrying again within the Catholic church, an LDS woman has to be "unsealed" from her ex-husband (spiritual divorce) before she can get married in the temple.

(Interesting note-- to this day, an LDS man can be spiritually sealed to multiple women, but an LDS woman can only be spiritually sealed to one man. An LDS man does not need to be "unsealed" before marrying again in the temple.)

Whoa this whole thing sounds crazy! As I remember, she was flirting with another guy on Twitter a few months ago... same guy/catfish? I better go back and read that old thread now.

It always seemed like she was unhappy, especially since the newest wife joined. Like others in the thread already said, I hope if any of the 3 original wives want to leave that they find the courage to do so. If they're not getting adequate attention and affection because the husband's preoccupied with wife #4, they each deserve to find better partners.

Yep, just like Catholics would have to get a church annulment in addition to a legal divorce before marrying again within the Catholic church, an LDS woman has to be "unsealed" from her ex-husband (spiritual divorce) before she can get married in the temple.

(Interesting note-- to this day, an LDS man can be spiritually sealed to multiple women, but an LDS woman can only be spiritually sealed to one man. An LDS man does not need to be "unsealed" before marrying again in the temple.)

LDS hypocrisy! Isn't that spiritual polygamy?

"His" most recent blog....why is she/he still trying to act like this Sam person when he has been "outed" already?

My Response

September 27, 2015 | Filed under: General

I want to be left alone. I have proven we loved each other and were together for 6 months. Anything else that gets said doesn’t matter. I’m ready to let this go and move on. I wish you all my best. I pray for your happiness Meri. Leave him when you are ready. And go live the life you told me you wanted. You deserve all the love in the world. I’m sorry I’m not the one that can give it to you because I wanted a life with you more than I ever wanted anything. I still love you. Even you can’t deny that.

I only listened to 2 of the voicemail messages. It didn't sound like different sound bites pasted together to me. But it did sound rehearsed or something. Like bad acting on Meri's part. I don't know. Just sounded fake.

I didn't realize Meri actually met the catfish lady, Jackie, in person. So bizarre.

allaboutthetea.com/2015/09/29/sisterwives-meri-brown-her-catfish-lovers-secret-plan-to-meet-at-disneyland/

"His" most recent blog....why is she/he still trying to act like this Sam person when he has been "outed" already?

My Response

September 27, 2015 | Filed under: General

I want to be left alone. I have proven we loved each other and were together for 6 months. Anything else that gets said doesn’t matter. I’m ready to let this go and move on. I wish you all my best. I pray for your happiness Meri. Leave him when you are ready. And go live the life you told me you wanted. You deserve all the love in the world. I’m sorry I’m not the one that can give it to you because I wanted a life with you more than I ever wanted anything. I still love you. Even you can’t deny that.

I wonder, as has been speculated by a PP, if this person has some sort of mental or multiple personality disorder. Ive seen people who have been diagnosed with such a thing who literally will change their voices, even adding accents, when their other personality comes out. It's scary and sad. Perhaps that is why "Sam" continues to blog, that "he" still "exists" despite the outing?

I wonder, as has been speculated by a PP, if this person has some sort of mental or multiple personality disorder. Ive seen people who have been diagnosed with such a thing who literally will change their voices, even adding accents, when their other personality comes out. It's scary and sad. Perhaps that is why "Sam" continues to blog, that "he" still "exists" despite the outing?

Just to be clear, I didn't mean to come across that I am personally speculating, so I apologize for that. I was just passing along something the woman who had experienced it reported.

So it's good that the thread has been merged, but can it be moved to the main forum? I don't think many people check the archived sections, which is why I started a new thread in the first place.

So it's good that the thread has been merged, but can it be moved to the main forum? I don't think many people check the archived sections, which is why I started a new thread in the first place.

Yes, please! I just spent 20 minutes trying to hunt this down, as I *knew* I had been reading about this in the snark forum. I finally found it via search but have no clue where I am at now.

Any time you lose a thread you just read, try "active topics." It will bring up all the recently commented on threads.

Any time you lose a thread you just read, try "active topics." It will bring up all the recently commented on threads.

I usually find them this way or through "View Your Posts".

I usually find them this way or through "View Your Posts".

I searched for it here because I remember reading here, then spent 10 min wondering if I had lost my marbles.

I'm a little confused. Did a man actually exist? Or was it all his "assistant?" I listened to most of the phone messages and Meri says that she had a good time with Sam. It sounds as if she actually spoke to a man, but then only the assistant goes to meet Meri at Disneyland.

Edited to add...I went back and read more and this is sad. I guess the assistant, who was doing everything, can come up with a creditable man's voice. I feel sorry for Meri. She's stuck in in a polygamous marriage, now without even being legally married, and then she finds a nonexistent man online to love. I've known people who met online and are now happily married and some who met online and found out everything was a lie. I can see how it would be easy to be taken in by these professional liars.

There is another active Sister Wives thread and some discussion related to this topic is there. Not all Sister Wives threads are inactive. I Just searched for Sister Wives and it came up.

I'm a little confused. Did a man actually exist? Or was it all his "assistant?" I listened to most of the phone messages and Meri says that she had a good time with Sam. It sounds as if she actually spoke to a man, but then only the assistant goes to meet Meri at Disneyland.

The explanation I've seen is that there's a real woman named Jackie. Jackie pretends to be Sam Cooper and Sam's assistant Lindsay. From what I've seen so far, Meri has only met "Lindsay" in person at Disneyland which was really Jackie the whole time. I don't think she's ever met an actual man named Sam Cooper and spent time with him. :think:

You guys, I know that Sam is real! I know because I read his blog! He states that he has emailed some people photos which prove beyond doubt that a) he is real and b) had sex with Meri. (OK, yes, he has been asked to share those same photos on his blog but, out of respect for Meri, he will not do so. I totally understand and appreciate his kindness and consideration.) :shifty:

• happy atheist locked this topic

Archived