IGNORED

Meri (Sisterwives) has a boyfriend er catfish MERGED

Justme

OK, so I'm confused. Meri & notbatmanyet are basically flirting over Twitter. Then Kody gets involved & is all "Santa is better than Batman".

Then Meri is seen leaving their neighborhood, maybe on vacation? What is going on with Twitter with "Amber" and Kendra? I am way confused......

• Replies 898
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's a CynicalJinx Christmas! (if any of you are CJ, I love you [emoji173]ï¸[emoji173]ï¸).

cynicaljinxwelcome.blogspot.com/2015/07/sister-wives-should-tlc-pull-plug.html?m=1

Is it wrong that I still think Meri would be happier with NotBatmanYet than with Kody even after reading those ridiculous answers? Meri needs someone to make her feel important and only her for once.

Cynical Jinx basically summed it up in a few paragraphs, TLC should stop with the polygamy shows. I hope most viewers will be disgusted with Robyn magically getting pregnant after getting legal status and not tune in. Even among people who like the show/wives Robyn is not well liked.

What did I miss about Meri being seen leaving for vacation?

NotBatmanYet really seems to like himself. He also thinks highly of himself for someone who seems to have limited his critical thinking skills to self-authored platitudes.

Oh, ClaraOswin, it is. I'm in the Lovers & Haters FB group and people are pretty normal there- a very FJ "love who you want, hate who you want, not for the weak" type place, and it's hilarious. The women are pretty level-headed in there. They have a lot to say about Kendra though, mainly what I was saying about her being the source of all the drama, short of Meri's own stupid posts.

You'd think they'd be smarter. It's like knowing a train will derail before it even starts to.

At least the new season starts in September :lol:

ETA: Also, these gems from NotBatmanYet (Meri's supposed boyfriend)'s blog:

Can your [sic] prove that life exists after death?

Yes. Look at a baby and see if you recognize their eyes

What physical proof do you have of life after death?

Flowers always come back every year

I was really sad when I lost my rosebush over the winter, does this mean my beautiful rose is in hell? She was a good rosebush, I loved her and she bought me joy. She doesn't deserve hell.

I just read the Q and A #wannabeguru

I just may join twitter for this.

Do you guys really believe this is a real person? He just appeared in March, his Facebook is even newer, and he only has that one picture. I don't know if he's a sock or a catfish, but I cannot get behind the idea that he's authentic.

Do you guys really believe this is a real person? He just appeared in March, his Facebook is even newer, and he only has that one picture. I don't know if he's a sock or a catfish, but I cannot get behind the idea that he's authentic.

Do you remember that story in the news about a girl who committed suicide after she met and fell in love with a boy on FB who suddenly turned on her and dumped her? The boy was a mom who was trying to get revenge because her daughter and the girl had a falling out.

I don't know. I honestly have no idea. His blog is from February, which barely help. That post does say he ran a website before and that it was his "therapy", but provides no external link. Who knows. It's quite an elaborate hoax if he's fake, but it's not like we've never seen that before... *cough*Burris*cough*

It would be really sad if he were a catfish. I don't agree with their choices but cannot help liking Meri

It would be really sad if he were a catfish. I don't agree with their choices but cannot help liking Meri

You like Meri? She is just an awful, spoiled selfish person. I am happy to be dissuaded of that opinion, but she is jut so mean to the other Originals and so greedy.

On Twitter, they said they've talked on the phone, as well as talked to other people. One random fan confirmed she'd talked to them both on a conference call (which quickly took a stalkery turn when she said that wasn't enough because she still didn't get to meet Meri).

I'm guessing he's real, or the steps taken to make this believable are just way beyond measure.

I don't love Meri, either, though with recent events I don't hate her as much as I did either. She was definitely young and immature, and a bitch, to Christine and Janelle at the beginning of the marriage. I think Karma gave her a swift kick in the gonads when Robyn came along.

Do you remember that story in the news about a girl who committed suicide after she met and fell in love with a boy on FB who suddenly turned on her and dumped her? The boy was a mom who was trying to get revenge because her daughter and the girl had a falling out.

Megan Meier. It was a horrible story.

You like Meri? She is just an awful, spoiled selfish person. I am happy to be dissuaded of that opinion, but she is jut so mean to the other Originals and so greedy.

How is she greedy?

I didn't intend that to sound as if I condone all of her behavior. I just feel (from what we see on TV) that she seems very unhappy and feels out of place since her DD left home.

Her behavior makes me wonder if she is struggling with what to do next, but too afraid of being alone.

I hope that makes sense, I am out of coffee today.

All of the adults on Sister Wives come off as dim, emotionally immature, and selfish, and I have no doubt that Meri was awful to Janelle and Christine in the beginning. However, I think that Meri's awfulness stems from the fact that she is really a monogamous at heart, but her religion is shoehorning her into polygamy. The original three SWs were in a sort of pattern together, but I don't think they ever had the sisterly bond that they claim they once did when the older kids were younger. Having young kids together probably gave them something in common that they wouldn't have otherwise, but that's still not the same as having a genuine friendship or sisterhood; rather, it's more like a bunch of single moms who happen to live together. If Meri could find out who she is as a person away from the Kody Kult, and find some friends to help her better herself, she would be a much nicer and more fulfilled person.

How is she greedy?

Have you watched the show? She demands upgrades to a giant house, demands an equal budget for food and necessities for just herself and Moriah as janelle and Christine got for 18 kids - and they have admitted the other two groups of kids have gone without while Meri and Moriah have never sacrificed. Even the college choice for Moriah was better than the other kids- Moriah got an expensive private school out of state and would brook no opposition. The whole wetbar nightmare really showed what Meri is.

How is she greedy?

She DEMANDS that she receive the same portion of the assets as the other wives. If she doesn't, she throws a huge fit.

Sounds good until you realize that she has ONE child to support on that stipend whereas the other wives are scraping to make ends meet to support 6-ish.

So Mariah has always gotten to go to private schools and expensive private colleges while the others went public, she seems to have nicer stuff, etc. etc. A good example was the house situation. They tried to get Meri to choose a smaller house since she only has one child (who would be moving out in a few years anyway) and Meri threw a massive fit. So in the end, Meri got a HUGE house with a wetbar and tons of empty rooms that she doesn't need.

Basically she insists that she receive as much money as the other wives to support 2 people instead of taking a more reasonable amount so that they can have more money to support their larger families.

Have you watched the show? She demands upgrades to a giant house, demands an equal budget for food and necessities for just herself and Moriah as janelle and Christine got for 18 kids - and they have admitted the other two groups of kids have gone without while Meri and Moriah have never sacrificed. Even the college choice for Moriah was better than the other kids- Moriah got an expensive private school out of state and would brook no opposition. The whole wetbar nightmare really showed what Meri is.

I'd like to supplement this to say that they literally said on the show that Meri and Moriah need a bigger budget for food because they eat organic and healthy food, which the other wives/kids do not. :cray-cray:

I don't necessarily like any of the sister wives. As someone mentioned a few posts up, they all seem very immature. And kind of stunted in many ways it seems.

I guess I always felt kind of bad for Meri because she WANTED to have a big family. And it some ways it seems like she was sort of punished in a way. And always placed last. As if she was less important because she had only one child (and not by choice.) Yes, she was whiny and immature about wanting more, more more. But I felt like she was kind of treating the new house as her 'baby.' Which again, I just felt sad about.

If I had to pick a "favorite" it would probably be Janelle actually. She seems the most 'normal' of the group.

I'd like to supplement this to say that they literally said on the show that Meri and Moriah need a bigger budget for food because they eat organic and healthy food, which the other wives/kids do not. :cray-cray:

Wow. :shock:

In a weird way, though, that does make them sound more sisterly -- but in an incredibly immature manner. I've been spending a lot of time with kids this summer, including groups of siblings. Those siblings are the first friends, but also the first enemies. And they watch like hawks to ensure *everyone* gets an equal share. Their cries of injustice are loud and passionate if that fair share rule gets violated, even when sharing equally doesn't make sense. You know, like a 4 year old won't need as much food as a 13 year old, or Meri not really needing as much for ONE teenager, when her sisterwives have many offspring.

I've also been reading The Witness Wore Red, and the overwhelming sense that I get from these families is scarcity. There's rarely enough time, or attention, or love...or sometimes food. Imagine being brought up to think that the polygamous Mormon lifestyle was the only path to heaven, and never having the time to truly develop as a person, and then being shoved into the sisterwife role, all the while being told to "keep sweet" when few truly do. I don't like Meri's selfishness, but it kind of makes sense that she'd be looking out for herself and her daughter. If she didn't raise a hue and cry about inequality, maybe her needs would just be completely overlooked...or perhaps she just feels that way, but feelings are powerful.

The entire "wetbar" fiasco really showed the world how they aren't just one, big happy family. I did see Meri's point that the adults probably split the money from the show 5 ways and since the houses were going in each adult's name (Meri was the only one who had to share with Kody) she felt her money should go to her and her child. However, it showed how she could care less about the other wives and their kids' needs. What if Janelle had felt that way when she was supporting the family back in Utah, and using her inheritance to buy their big house in Lehi? It also sounds like Meri always got the same amount of money to feed her one child that Christine and Janelle got to feed their 12 kids which is just wrong. They need to realize what's fair doesn't always mean equal. But hey, I still think Kody should spend time at each wife's house based on how many kids live there because the kids really miss out.

I still think that away from Kody and out of this lifestyle Meri would be a decent person and a heck of a lot happier. I wonder if Kody had stepped up years ago as the head of the family and didn't let Meri trample over the others if they would all be happier? Now Robyn's running the show and we've all seen how that's going.

Yeah its' selfish of Meri to demand equal portions. But one of the problems of polygamy is that all wives are not created equal. Creates all sorts of problems with the wives getting along. Resources not being distributed equally, so one wife feels like her kids aren't getting enough in comparison to another. They chose this system to live in. And in the Sisterwives universe everyone gets the same; fairness abounds. That way no one wife can say she isn't being treated fairly and equally. Meri was Wife#1. Why should she sacrifice so that others can get more? In this culture she is supposed to get an equal share; hell, as Wife#1 she is supposed to get more. But since they are trying to show that polygamy is all sunshine and daisies, they put an egalitarian spin on it. Either way, it doesn't work. If she gets less, she has made a sacrifice (for people she isn't really all that fond of) that affects her daughter (we have less because Janelle has more kids). If she keeps her share she is selfish. Maybe the real lesson is that polygamy cannot work with this group because of a lack of money to support ALL wives and kids in a decent manner. And of course the emotional immaturity doesn't help.

Let's keep in mind that this is a "scripted" reality show wherein Meri is the mean/selfish wife, Christine is the doofos SAHW, Janelle is the hard worker-outside-the-home, and Robun is the homewrecker. Basically, these women are fictional characters.

Meri is clearly disappointed that she didn't have more children. Infertility is a deeply personal difficulty. She is incredibly sensitive about it. Because of that, every time the "I have more kids to take care of" argument comes up she feels like she's being punished for something she's already in pain over. I think she also feels really torn over being so sad about her infertility, but also feeling like she's done chasing the dream of more children for herself. I'm not saying that the others don't have a point, although the whole "mother-in-law quarters" in someone else's house was pretty fucked up imo. I just get where she's coming from.

Meri is clearly disappointed that she didn't have more children. Infertility is a deeply personal difficulty. She is incredibly sensitive about it. Because of that, every time the "I have more kids to take care of" argument comes up she feels like she's being punished for something she's already in pain over. I think she also feels really torn over being so sad about her infertility, but also feeling like she's done chasing the dream of more children for herself. I'm not saying that the others don't have a point, although the whole "mother-in-law quarters" in someone else's house was pretty fucked up imo. I just get where she's coming from.

Much of the problem is that a woman's value in Mormonism is based on her fertility. Even in mainstream LDS theology, it is taught that there will be polygamy in the Celestial Kingdom, and righteous women will become "Heavenly Mothers" who give birth 24/7 to spirit children who will inhabit their husband's planet. Why exactly this is something a woman would aspire to is a mystery to me, but it's really important to a lot of Mormon women. Only having one child probably has theological implications for Meri, especially when the other wives all have five or six kids. Being the legal wife and the first wife was the only thing Meri had to distinguish herself from the more fertile junior wives, and now she doesn't even have that.

• happy atheist locked this topic

Archived