IGNORED

Meri (Sisterwives) has a boyfriend er catfish MERGED

Justme

It is all quite confusing at this point. She mentions in several of the voicemails that she is "on her way" to see him, in one of them she says she is "coming down the mountain" to see him/her or some such and in another she said she is about to arrive at wherever they are to meet (that was the impression I got). She also talks about being "intimate" with him, etc.

As a person who has had an "online" relationship with someone, many moons ago, I can believe leaving LOTS of messages and having MANY phone calls with someone you have never met in person. He seemed to punish her a lot by not answering her phone calls and the whole "intimate with you" phrase for someone you just had phone sex with is sort of... weird. But she is weird, and desperate. And so is this Sam character.

I can't quit this story.

• Replies 898
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Oooooh. How did she use the f-bomb? I thought I had listened to all of them but I don't remember that!

Allaboutthetea didn't post the full version of the voicemail where she curses even though its the most interesting one by far. The catfish uploaded it to youtube and posted it on her blog, though.

[bBvideo 560,340:1thq4wxs]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k4BJKYnJwHg[/bBvideo]

Okay...has anyone gotten access to the private page yet? I don't want to watch a sex tape. But I am curious about those photos of "sam" at work.

Okay...has anyone gotten access to the private page yet? I don't want to watch a sex tape. But I am curious about those photos of "sam" at work.

No one is getting any password. She just said there is one so that her multiple personalities could repeatedly comment saying they watched it and he was all man and Meri was a freak and a very generous lover, blah blah blah. Its a way to keep the con going.

Thanks for that youtube, restarea. That is SO DYSFUNCTIONAL. I guarantee you Kody is PISSED. No doubt he considers this adultery.

From what I gather from listening to these voicemails, Meri sounds upset in them, like not even her fake boyfriend is treating her nicely. Meri can't catch a break. :(

The catfish actually messed up with the fake sex video, and the fake catfishies who are commenting about it. She lost all credibility with that.

The catfish actually messed up with the fake sex video, and the fake catfishies who are commenting about it. She lost all credibility with that.

What do you mean she messed up? Did something else happen or do you just mean how transparent the whole thing is? I still have seen the "sex tape" reported on some trashy gossip sites, so I would guess that some people are still buying it.

What do you mean she messed up? Did something else happen or do you just mean how transparent the whole thing is? I still have seen the "sex tape" reported on some trashy gossip sites, so I would guess that some people are still buying it.

What I meant was that with the voice mails people believed Meri did act inappropriately with the catfish. Some people may have even believed the catfish was really a man! Then he claims to have a sex tape and was willing to share. Sounds shady but if it exists it changes everything... only, it is strange that no real, confirmed people have seen it. But others supposedly have and are commenting rather crudely about what a stud "Sam" is. So not only is it obvious there is no video (no confirmed views or screen shots), it is now obvious that the catfish is using more catfish to comment and validate her story. Now she has lost all credibility as not only does no one believe her at this point, they are now pissed that she is making this stuff up.

Yeah, if there really was a password and sex tape...you know some sleazy gossip site would have seen it and reported it by now.

Well, I finally gave in and listened to some of those voicemails.

So not only did this woman catfish Meri, but it sounds like she manipulated and emotionally jerked Meri around all over the place. All the VMs I heard were Meri begging him not to ignore her, asking him to not hang up on her, apologizing, and trying to explain herself constantly. And the person who posted the vids calls herself "bossy pants." Okay then. Can't quite see any adult man calling himself "bossy pants."

From what I gather from listening to these voicemails, Meri sounds upset in them, like not even her fake boyfriend is treating her nicely. Meri can't catch a break. :(

Yes! One of the saddest aspects of this story is that this "Sam" isn't real. Had he been real, Meri might've been able to break herself away from her toxic marriage by now. But instead, she has been manipulated and emotionally blackmailed not only by her husband but by some attention-seeking catfisher too.

Yes! One of the saddest aspects of this story is that this "Sam" isn't real. Had he been real, Meri might've been able to break herself away from her toxic marriage by now. But instead, she has been manipulated and emotionally blackmailed not only by her husband but by some attention-seeking catfisher too.

I really hope that Meri has SOME emotional support right now. You know Kody has to be upset, her other Sister Wives don't seem to be much support and I could see Mariah, in particular, being very upset about this development. I don't know that Meri would have very many people to turn to (although, what do I know? I've only seen her on TV). I haven't ever really liked her much, but I just really hope that someone is there for her right now. It would be hard to be in the public eye with all this going on.

I really hope that Meri has SOME emotional support right now. You know Kody has to be upset, her other Sister Wives don't seem to be much support and I could see Mariah, in particular, being very upset about this development. I don't know that Meri would have very many people to turn to (although, what do I know? I've only seen her on TV). I haven't ever really liked her much, but I just really hope that someone is there for her right now. It would be hard to be in the public eye with all this going on.

I would hope that she has some friends in LV that are outside of the polygamous fold. They might be a little more sympathetic to her situation. I agree with you that her sister wives and esp. Mariah might really be upset by this and see it as a huge breach of trust.

I could see both Christine and Janelle being sympathetic for various reasons, but holding back from reaching out to Meri about it. Christine, because she has had issues with her and Kody's relationship and intimacy. Janelle, because she had left Kody at some point. But I definitely can't see Janelle having any deep conversation with Meri based on their personal history (and I can't blame her for that either!).

I remember Meri having a best friend outside of the family. It was a woman she went dress shopping with when they were buying dresses for the big family commitment ceremony they had and Meri found that green dress. I wish her support as well.

I remember Meri having a best friend outside of the family. It was a woman she went dress shopping with when they were buying dresses for the big family commitment ceremony they had and Meri found that green dress. I wish her support as well.

Wasn't the friend they went shopping with Kendra? Was this the person who went with all four sister wives dress shopping? I have just seen the screenshots online, I haven't seen the original episode in ages.

No, it was a woman who went dress shopping with Meri alone and they shopped locally in Las Vegas. Meri purchased the green dress she actually wore to the commitment ceremony.

In the episode that Kendra was supposedly in, all of the wives went together and they went shopping in San Francisco I think? No one actually purchased a dress from what I remember of that episode.

I just wonder exactly how many times Meri was waiting at a hotel for this dude to show up only to end up spending the night alone. From the voicemails it definitely happened on multiple occasions. She's just too old to be this stupid. The people on the TV show Catfish at least have the excuse of being teenagers or in their early 20s.

All About the Tea posted some pictures that Meri sent the catfisher today that I hadn't seen before.

allaboutthetea.com/2015/10/07/new-sexy-private-photos-sister-wives-meri-brown-sent-to-catfish-lover/

The banana one is particularly cringe-worthy. This whole thing is such a trainwreck.

:trainwreck:

All About the Tea posted some pictures that Meri sent the catfisher today that I hadn't seen before.

allaboutthetea.com/2015/10/07/new-sexy-private-photos-sister-wives-meri-brown-sent-to-catfish-lover/

The banana one is particularly cringe-worthy. This whole thing is such a trainwreck.

:trainwreck:

I'm just glad she didn't deep throat the banana. I wouldn't have been able to erase that from my mind.

I just wonder exactly how many times Meri was waiting at a hotel for this dude to show up only to end up spending the night alone. From the voicemails it definitely happened on multiple occasions. She's just too old to be this stupid. The people on the TV show Catfish at least have the excuse of being teenagers or in their early 20s.

I feel for Meri too. But I think you have a good point, Restarea. At what point do you say, nope, this isn't real? I don't have enough proof? If catfish isn't sharing photos of him/herself, which would've put this to rest, did Meri ever get any? Wouldn't you be more alert to these things if you knew you lived a high-profile, vulnerable life?

I feel for Meri too. But I think you have a good point, Restarea. At what point do you say, nope, this isn't real? I don't have enough proof? If catfish isn't sharing photos of him/herself, which would've put this to rest, did Meri ever get any? Wouldn't you be more alert to these things if you knew you lived a high-profile, vulnerable life?

I agree, she should have been able to figure it out, but I also think that when you grew up without the internet, it makes you more vulnerable to this stuff. It may not have occurred to her that someone would fake such a thing, especially considering how far this catfisher went with their nonsense. She may have just been thinking, "Why would anyone fake this? Why would someone commit so much time to creating a lie?" and those are both really valid questions.

I think those of us that did grow up on forums, or other websites have some awareness of internet trolling and just how much time some people have on their hands for this kind of stuff. Plus, I think she really wanted it to be true, and that can often make you turn a blind eye too.

Well, I finally gave in and listened to some of those voicemails.

So not only did this woman catfish Meri, but it sounds like she manipulated and emotionally jerked Meri around all over the place. All the VMs I heard were Meri begging him not to ignore her, asking him to not hang up on her, apologizing, and trying to explain herself constantly. And the person who posted the vids calls herself "bossy pants." Okay then. Can't quite see any adult man calling himself "bossy pants."

5QEUjDJ.png

I think the fact that Meri chose to ignore all of those rational, logical questions is a testament to just how desperate Meri was/is for affection and care.

Meri may be a touch sheltered but I don't think she's dumb, and she had to have a nagging feeling that something just wasn't right. But still... she went through with it. Sad, sad, sad.

• happy atheist locked this topic

Archived