IGNORED

Meri (Sisterwives) has a boyfriend er catfish MERGED

Justme

THANK YOU!!! (Avidly reading now :popcorn:

When I click on the attachment.fbsbx.com link, nothing happens. It doesn't take me anywhere... It shows at the top, but the page is blank. Do I need to be smarter, do my settings have to be different? Problem/solution? 

:omg: Is it ME?!

• Replies 898
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've been reading from the catfisher's blog - and it's just horrible. Poor Meri.  I can't imagine the betrayal. Obviously she was naive to be taken in by it all, but it seems like she really wanted this all to be true so much. 

BatDork updated her blog with a tab about her book.  Allegedly, she has a publisher and editor and a former polygamous woman will be writing the forward.  BatDumbass sure has a good imagination!  If a book is ever published (doubtful) I will almost guarantee that it is a self-published Kindle book.  

Meanwhile, on the cult-de-sac, Meri is proving to be as big of a liar as the BatIdiot.  She had a chance to use this as a platform to help others who have been catfished, and instead chose to lie and take no responsibility for her part in this.  Claiming she was scared of the BatDork when it is obvious she was head over heals in love is not only disingenuous, it is also a slap in the face to anyone who has gone through a legitimate fear-based relationship.   

As I'm diving deeper into this rabbit hole, I want to share a link to the sister wives blog which I think is just pure gold. Oh my, so much to snark on. 

http://sisterwivesblog.blogspot.de/2012/05/becoming-sister-wives-prologue-and-part.html

Good link!  And from there i found this page http://sisterwivesblog.blogspot.de/2012/05/becoming-sister-wives-part-four.html with this gem:

Meri said "Lying is not part of our faith, nor part of my own moral compass so to feel as if I had to lie, or at least not tell the full truth, was quite difficult for me."

I guess dreaming of driving off into the sunset in the Bat Mobile with the batDork wasn't lying, nor was claiming "fear" once she was outed.  

As I'm diving deeper into this rabbit hole, I want to share a link to the sister wives blog which I think is just pure gold. Oh my, so much to snark on. 

http://sisterwivesblog.blogspot.de/2012/05/becoming-sister-wives-prologue-and-part.html

I can't believe I actually read all four blog posts about their book haha but I guess it saved me the time to read the book myself. Anyway--Sobbyn apparently said "People believe I'm manipulative and conniving. I usually place last in the 'Favorite Sister Wife' poll." She would be the one wife to care enough about polls to even mention them. This woman...don't get me started... 

Also the first line about Robyn is hilarious and spot on: sisterwivesblog.blogspot.de/2012/05/becoming-sister-wives-part-two-sorority.html

I was just about to post the link to the video that's in that article. Beat me to it with the People article!

I think Robyn knew because Kendra probably told her.

BatDork (I'm stealing this, @Queen Of Hearts because it's perfect) posted a new blog post today: http://www.notbatmanyet.com/?p=2282

Once again, Jackie's trying to prove she had sex with Meri with "screenshots" of their supposed texts that honestly look like they've just been typed up in a word document, and a weird, vague dark picture of Meri that proves absolutely nothing. 

She responds to the questions that Meri answered in some preview, so there are a few interesting tidbits. 

You did meet the friend?

Meri says “I met the female friend. And she’s the one who I would talk to. There were, there would be times that I would be talking to him on the phone and he would have a temper tantrum of sorts and hang up the phone. And then I’d get calls from her saying you better fix this, you better call. You better call and tell him how much you love him. You better fix this situation. And so I’d have to. I felt in a place that I had to just do whatever it was that they said.

Lindsay met Meri in the parking lot of her hotel at the end of March to give Meri a box of stuff that had the stuffed panda bear, some love letters I wrote and a few small gifts for Meri. One was a blue Coach wallet. What was supposed to be a quick 2 minutes, here is your box, bye meeting turned into them standing in the parking lot and talking for over an hour about all kinds of things. They have a lot in common and Meri was asking Lindsay a lot of questions about me since Lindsay has known me for 20 years. From there they became friends. Meri contacted Lindsay a lot because she needed and wanted someone to talk to. Lindsay is not someone that ever contacts anyone. It’s very rare. She is too busy and could really care less about staying on contact with anyone that she barely knows. Meri would show up over at Lindsay’s hotel and the girls would talk for about an hour or so about everything going on. Meri would call and text Lindsay when we were fighting because she was upset and just wanted to talk. There were no threats ever made.  There was nothing at all said as you better fix this. That’s a total lie. There was never any pressure to talk to me and be in my life. If I was really this bad, why did it go on for 6 months? She is ridiculous! And she’s lying!

Poor Meri. Jackie...ahem, I mean, Lindsey :roll:...would call her up to harass her about her arguments with Sam? That's awful. That is bizarre behavior even if the relationship is real. Friends should not be calling and saying, "You better fix this shit with my bestie!" WTF? 

How did you find the courage to tell these 4 people the truth?

Meri says: It took a lot.

Robyn says: I made her.

Meri confided to Robyn about the affair on the September 6th weekend trip they took to visit Hunter at college in Colorado. That was the first time it was ever confirmed that Meri had had an affair with me for the past 6 months. We had broken up August 23rd, 2015. And finally ended it forever August 30th, 2015. I made zero contact with Meri since that date. I have not threatned her, spoken to her, contacted her, or even looked at anything on her twitter. Lindsay also has had no contact with her since August 24th, 2015 when Meri texted her and asked if I had moved on.

What do you all think of Robyn saying she made her? That's a little weird to me. I understand on some level, but it also seems little controlling. I know I lean that way because I'm biased against Robyn, so maybe I'm looking too much into it. Obviously, what Jackie says about leaving Meri alone is a lie since she keeps posting all of the texts and voicemails that she still has access to.  

I wonder how much Kody will talk during the tell-all. He's definitely looking pissed in that clipped.

Oh...and I am also guessing there must have been some sort of phone sex or something going on. But I don't know how it could have been via video chat without Meri knowing it's a woman. 

I'm actually excited for this tell all.  I never finished the last two, actually never even attempted to watch the last one, since they were so boring.  I'm hoping that they are honest and that they are even filming today to add on to whatever was already filmed.  This is still evolving.  Inquiring minds want to know!

From the blog post:

They have a lot in common and Meri was asking Lindsay a lot of questions about me since Lindsay has known me for 20 years.

I bet "Lindsay" has known you a lot longer than 20 years, "Sam". :P

"Sam's" stance on Robyn is always all over the place. "Sam" "himself" is always all over the place.

<snip>

Once again, Jackie's trying to prove she had sex with Meri with "screenshots" of their supposed texts that honestly look like they've just been typed up in a word document, and a weird, vague dark picture of Meri that proves absolutely nothing. 

<snip>

At least with the other texts that have been provided, they were screenshots from an iPhone which made it believable. But "Sam" links to these posts back in March that are supposed to claim that they had sex for the first time? But there's really no proof there that anything happened. Maybe it was phone sex, maybe it was sexting that was deleted by "Sam" (because there are definite inconsistencies in the screenshots. Things are missing). 

As for the picture, it was more than likely taken from Facetime. If they video chatted and talked all hours of the night, she might have been laying down because she was tired. It's not proof that they had sex.

I wonder how much Kody will talk during the tell-all. He's definitely looking pissed in that clipped.

I don't think he wants to be talking about any of this at all. But he has to. Sucks to suck, Kody.

I'm actually excited for this tell all.  I never finished the last two, actually never even attempted to watch the last one, since they were so boring.  I'm hoping that they are honest and that they are even filming today to add on to whatever was already filmed.  This is still evolving.  Inquiring minds want to know!

I watch every episode of Sister Wives. It's a real guilty pleasure of mine. I especially love watching it with my dad because he and I snark on it together. I'm so excited for this tell-all. It's happening at the very end of my early Thanksgiving, so I can't wait to sit in front of my television and unwind with some good Sister Wives drama.

Has anyone read the blog comments on "Sam's" latest post? Or any comments on these pages? They've got their own insights, and it's all just as easy to snark on as the posts themselves.

One comment from someone named "Dale Lee":

I twittered Meri how can she treat someone she knows she loved like this and then I twittered Kody saying hes lying to himself if he believes her and because my name is Dale he claimed n posted I was Jackie with another alias and I was trying to continue this catfish bs.!! Can u imagine how dumb he is!!

Unless that happened in DMs, I couldn't find that on Twitter. So it probably is Jackie trying to continue the catfish. Or just a complete lie. More than likely a complete lie.

Then there's this part of a comment, from "Sam":

A TLC employee has befriended me because she thinks Meri is lying based on the editing material she has seen. She has been asking me questions so they know how to handle the show to make it more interesting. And know how to ask or phrase certain questions that they would never think to ask her.

Because that's believable. I'm pretty sure the people at TLC can make a show more interesting on their own.

ETA: My comments about the picture.

Sucks to suck, Kody.

This made me lol. Good work! :pb_lol:

I twittered Meri how can she treat someone she knows she loved like this and then I twittered Kody saying hes lying to himself if he believes her and because my name is Dale he claimed n posted I was Jackie with another alias and I was trying to continue this catfish bs.!! Can u imagine how dumb he is!!

Twittered? Really? That sounds like something my mom would say. :pb_lol: I guess Jackie has to change up her voice to prove it's not her. 

That clip of the Tell All was pretty intense. Thanks for posting it @FundieFarmer, I was just about to go looking for it after I read BatDork's blog. They're actually discussing more than I thought they would when this all started a few months ago, so I guess that's something. There were certainly a lot of shots of Kody reacting to Meri's statements, but I thought his face looked pretty blank. I couldn't tell what to make of it.

Did Christine not do the Tell-All? Or has she just not been shown in the clips? 

Ugh.  Watching that clip just makes me dislike Robyn more and more.  She just couldn't wait for her chance to but in and turn the conversation to being about her.  *I* made her... *I knew something wasn't right... ugh.  Sad thing is, the BatDork is almost the most likable character in this bunch.   

Robyn is as pleasant as always in that clip. Does she have a day where she doesn't cry? They have dinner. It's good. Robyn is sobbing over how good it is. This is how I imagine their life. 

so if Meri said she talked to "him" over the phone and that "he" was a "she" (as we know) and that she used a program or device or whatever to digitally alter her voice and disguise it as male (because that's how I understood it)...how am I supposed to believe "Sam" on "his" blog that those voicemails are ALL actually from her?  (I haven't listened to them, and I am sure Meri left some voicemails at some point but I'd still like to believe it's a legit question.) 

I don't know this whole catfish kerfuffle is giving me a headache...

Wonder why didn't Meri get suspicious about the fact that they had never video chatted? I know that Jackie claims they skyped but she produces no evidence of that and How the hell would they video chat anyway? 

so if Meri said she talked to "him" over the phone and that "he" was a "she" (as we know) and that she used a program or device or whatever to digitally alter her voice and disguise it as male (because that's how I understood it)...how am I supposed to believe "Sam" on "his" blog that those voicemails are ALL actually from her?  (I haven't listened to them, and I am sure Meri left some voicemails at some point but I'd still like to believe it's a legit question.) 

Supposedly Jackie is good at altering her voice to sound like a man.  I don't think she had to use a program to do it.  

I've seen a few references on Twitter about Jackie (as the BatDork or some other catfishy character) hurting a child... anyone know what that's about?

TLC had a first look of the tell all for 15 mins tonight.  Christine is to the right of Mary, they are only talking about the adoption for most of the first look.  Hopefully that's all we will need to hear about the adoption during the 2 hour tell all.

There was a quick blip from Mary, she said she was detached this season but not because of the family, there were external issues. 

Supposedly Jackie is good at altering her voice to sound like a man.  I don't think she had to use a program to do it.  

I've seen a few references on Twitter about Jackie (as the BatDork or some other catfishy character) hurting a child... anyone know what that's about?

Oh wow, I must have completely misunderstood (I was kind of doing homework while I was watching the episode) but I thought Meri mentioned something about how tech-savvy he/she was and how she used a program to alter her voice...

also...I just noticed that this exists:  :output_eeMbjt:

Excuse me while I :brainbleach:

I didn't listen to all 194 voice messages because they all had the same basic message. However, from the ones I did listen to (and, I'll admit, it was a good chunk), they couldn't possibly have been edited together from just a dozen or so messages. Meri's tone and volume change. Beyond contextual message, no message that I listened to sounded the same as another in terms of how she sounded. I believe Meri did leave them all.

Some of them cut off short. However, Meri took blame for that in a text message at one point, saying her phone sometimes did that.

I also think Jackie intentionally didn't answer and kept making Meri call. This was also shown in the texts. He would be texting her and she would be like "Why aren't you answering?" The only thing Meri wasn't forced to do was speak the words that came from her mouth. She really was set up. No one deserves to end up the victim of such a scumbag.

@theinvisiblegirl oh wow! That is a lot of voicemails. I haven't had a chance to find a quiet place and sit down to listen to a few of them. And you're right, she's responsible for what came out of her mouth. Seems like she got desperate. One does not just phone someone 70 times in a row (and leave messages every time).

I find it heartbreaking to see just how lonely she must have felt. Isn't it amazing how one can be in the middle of a crowd (or surrounded by 3 sister wives, Kodouche, and 93 children) and still feel all alone? You've got to feel for the woman, who thought she had finally found someone who listened to her. She is still responsible for the words she said/her actions, and loneliness is not an excuse, but it IS an explanation.

I wonder if Kodouche is still blankly staring into space and occasionally saying "is it something I did?" "Is she still leaving or...?" *flips hair* 

Now the BatDork has posted a video on her instagram of what I assume is Jackie using her 'man voice' to talk about the moon, in an attempt to prove she is a man. 

Someone pointed out that it is raining in Chicago but cloudy in Shidler... 

• happy atheist locked this topic

Archived