IGNORED

Meri (Sisterwives) has a boyfriend er catfish MERGED

Justme

Yeah...no way that video exists since neither people exist. Anyone saying they have seen it is also Jackie posting under various names. I love all the "you're so hot, Sam" comments. Ha!

Who is Kevin? (In the elevator with "him.")

• Replies 898
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What about the twitter identification thing at the bottom of that really super long blog post? It shows a SS of an email from Twitter requesting a copy of "his" driver's license...?

@FlamingFundie My best guess is that some of those Twitter accounts were socks of the original catfish that happened to get "banned" from Twitter after this amazing "work" done by "Sam" and "Lindsey/Lindz" with Twitter to "prove identity."  (Meaning:  Jackie deleted her own sock puppet accounts.)  Note there is no SS of the ID nor a note from Twitter thanking for the proof or verifying it and that they shut down any accounts.  The folks on Twitter insist that even many of the Twitter accounts that are skeptical of "Sam" are Jackie herself.  In fact, some of the accounts that Jackie/Sam/Lindsay insisted were socks/trolls/etc are still posting and skeptical of the story.  

I still haven't found any clear tags to WHO the pictures of "Sam" are of, however.  The picture of the football player on Insta seems to have been identified but the original, half-face photo still seems to be a mystery, AFAIK.  Anyone else know about this?

Who is the football player on instagram? Link?

The instagram handle is notbatmanyet73, I believe.  it is not private, so if you go to instagram.com, you can see all the photos on the account....

OMG so sorry @ClaraOswin -- I reread your post and see that probably you knew about the Insta account.  I found a Twitter that found more photos of this man.  I need to find the other pictures.  I will have to go back and search again!! Grr....  

Has this been posted yet? I haven't had a chance to read through it all to see if there's any new info here...

https://nickoconner.wordpress.com/2015/08/03/notbatmanyet/

Yes, but I think it's worth posting again!!!  Such an interesting resource, although parts are confusing.  I suggest going to the comments section, too! :) 

Yes! Thanks, Clara. That's the link I posted upthread. There's another pdf floating somewhere that I can scrounge up tomorrow that has more of a visual.

I have no idea who has the time for all this nonsense, tbh. Color coded PDFs are a bit intense if you ask me, but more power to 'em!

It really, REALLY bothers me that Meri is trying to spin this into "I got targeted by an abusive person and that's why all this happened." 

1. Because emotional abuse is a serious and often downplayed issue, and this sort of makes a mockery of that and

2. Because it is a lie.

It bothers me that the Browns are STILL pretending they have this perfect, happy marriage and that they are using something as serious as relationship abuse as a smokescreen for their obvious issues and for Meri's stupidity/naivety.  

I don't think the emotional abuse is a lie. Abuse is real triggery for me, coming from both an abusive (previous ) relationship and an emotionally abusive mom and I see it there in the communication between the two. I had to stop listening to the Meri voice mails because you can tell that she is being emotionally abused and manipulated. Theres a text conversation between them where Meri is apologizing and "Sam" flat out responds no. Just because the abuse happened between a catfish and her victim or to someone people don't like doesn't negate or diminish that reality. Abuse is abuse. 

As far as the sit down dinner is concerned, if "Sam" is to believed, I think Meri was trying to tell them she was leaving Kody for "Sam". If the time line is right Meri and "Sam" didn't breakup until late August early September and the Alaska trip happened early August. I think she sat down to say Kody I'm leaving you but the catfish crap came out so TLC had to edit and add the voice over stuff to make it seem like Meri was trying to tell them what was going on. That's the only thing that makes sense to me as to why their conversation was off and didn't really fit with what was happening. 

Love IS multiplied for Kody, and Kody is the only one that matters to Kody.

Neither did I... I would keep scrolling and read a random sentence in the middle and think, "What on earth is wrong with this person?"

And your husband's reaction to "Love should be multiplied" is exactly the same as mine... logic, people.

I tried. I really did. But I didn't make it very far with that blog entry.

I watched the show earlier. I really do feel bad for Meri. I always kind of have in some ways. But even more now because she was clearly very lonely. And even with the red flags, she wanted it to be real so badly. This really does a good job of showing the negative side to polygamy...in my opinion, anyway.

The intro of the show drives my husband crazy. "Love should be multiplied, not divided." Every time he hears it, he just angrily says, "But you ARE dividing your love between 4 women!!"

I don't think the emotional abuse is a lie. Abuse is real triggery for me, coming from both an abusive (previous ) relationship and an emotionally abusive mom and I see it there in the communication between the two. I had to stop listening to the Meri voice mails because you can tell that she is being emotionally abused and manipulated. Theres a text conversation between them where Meri is apologizing and "Sam" flat out responds no. Just because the abuse happened between a catfish and her victim or to someone people don't like doesn't negate or diminish that reality. Abuse is abuse. 

As far as the sit down dinner is concerned, if "Sam" is to believed, I think Meri was trying to tell them she was leaving Kody for "Sam". If the time line is right Meri and "Sam" didn't breakup until late August early September and the Alaska trip happened early August. I think she sat down to say Kody I'm leaving you but the catfish crap came out so TLC had to edit and add the voice over stuff to make it seem like Meri was trying to tell them what was going on. That's the only thing that makes sense to me as to why their conversation was off and didn't really fit with what was happening. 

I felt really, really uncomfortable listening to some of those voicemails because you could almost hear it in her voice. "Please don't be mad at me, Sam, please answer the phone ... " Did she put herself in a bad position? Yup. Was she in an unhappy marriage? Yup. Was she vulnerable to someone who was predatory? Yup. Was she emotionally abused? Absolutely, imo. 

Watching old footage it became even more obvious how big Kodouche's ego is. He couldn't even accept that Christine wanted to marry a family, not just him.

...then again, I don't see other fundie dads confessing on national TV that they behave like jerks and realize they are being too insensitive at times. I'll cut Kodouche some slack for at least realizing that his behavior stinks and there's room for improvement. 

The batdork posted a picture of Anthony Carrino from HGTV on her instagram, trying to pass him off as 'Sam.'  I wonder how many hours Jackie spends scouring the web looking for images of bearded men she can steal?

@theinvisiblegirl you haven't seen it because it doesn't exist.  "Sam" is obfuscating about where it is, "Lindsay's" video page is empty and when he refers to "my website" no one knows WTF he is talking about.... because it's all fake.  I will admit looking around a little bit for it, but he is doing to his readers exactly what I am assuming he did to Meri -- becoming defensive about repeated questions about it ("Why do you continue to ask about this?  You have asked 7 times already. I posted it on my website.  Many people have found it.  I'm over this" essentially) and it feels like we are the stupid ones for not being able to find it, becoming frustrated and continuing to go back for more.  It's such a mindfuck.

ETA:  Ok, so "he" should really read as "she" but whatevs..... it's all so confusing now!! Where's my wine?

I am soooo glad I'm not the only one who's like "Wow why can't I find this? Is it me?" I had a feeling it was all bullshit, but I kept looking anyway. This is probably a tactic "he" used on Meri.

The batdork posted a picture of Anthony Carrino from HGTV on her instagram, trying to pass him off as 'Sam.'  I wonder how many hours Jackie spends scouring the web looking for images of bearded men she can steal?

So she's used someone from The Bachelor (or Bachelorette, I don't remember) for an old Sam catfish, and now she's using someone else from TV? How ridiculous.

The Catfish said in their mega-paragraph post that Kody had his wedding ring with Meri melted down a few years ago and said that was Meri's breaking point. I can find the quote when I'm not on mobile

Yes!  That made my blood boil.  *Sam the Spam* claims that Kody melted down the wedding ring that Meri gave him and had it made into a gift for the daughter of one of the other sister wives.....OMG!  Imagine how that daughter will feel if she didn't already know that.  

Ooh....I watch the Bachelor/ette....where's the picture she used from that??

I really went deep in my Twitter sleuthing the other day and saw one of the victims say who it was. I didn't commit it to memory, though, since I don't watch the Bachelor/ette, so I had to Google it. I didn't remember which account had mentioned it.

On November 12th, Nick O'Conner said here that "Sam" used pictures of "Juan off the bachelor". So I'm guessing Juan Pablo?

The link to the map of players I shared upthread is updated rather regularly. I can try to hunt down the link for y'all again if you'd like :)

Is it updated? I haven't seen any change since August 3. Like I said, I'm totally addicted to this story. I noticed someone on Twitter (can't remember, maybe Jessica Justice) said she knew why Sam had chosen the name Peyton. I wondered if it was because Peyton was the name of another famous Oklahoma cheerleader (she now cheers for TCU). Can you tell, I am TOTALLY swept up in this, and not in a stalker way. I feel like I'm finally seeing SOMEONE get called out for what happened to ME. I don't feel like I want revenge---I just want acknowledgement that THIS HAPPENS. Whenever I have told my story before, I just get blank looks like, "Girl. You are CRAZY. This just doesn't happen." But it DOES.

PS: So when someone asked Nick O'Conner if the page would be updated (in the comments), the reply was they didn't have time to do that. I don't know if it means they didn't pay the PI to update, or what.

Is it updated? I haven't seen any change since August 3. Like I said, I'm totally addicted to this story. I noticed someone on Twitter (can't remember, maybe Jessica Justice) said she knew why Sam had chosen the name Peyton. I wondered if it was because Peyton was the name of another famous Oklahoma cheerleader (she now cheers for TCU). Can you tell, I am TOTALLY swept up in this, and not in a stalker way. I feel like I'm finally seeing SOMEONE get called out for what happened to ME. I don't feel like I want revenge---I just want acknowledgement that THIS HAPPENS. Whenever I have told my story before, I just get blank looks like, "Girl. You are CRAZY. This just doesn't happen." But it DOES.

PS: So when someone asked Nick O'Conner if the page would be updated (in the comments), the reply was they didn't have time to do that. I don't know if it means they didn't pay the PI to update, or what.

To the bold: If Nick is a PI for other people/cases, he may just not have the time to sit down and formally update the website. Responding in comments could be easier, especially since a lot of people are reading the comments for information.

I have such empathy for Merin (and Christine and Janelle) living in this situation. I finally got a chance to sit down and watch Sunday'sepisode and it made me hate Kody even more. He said something to the effect of did I do some thing to cause this and I wanted to reach through the tv and box his ears. Yes you narcissistic douche canoe you are the reason your wives are seeking out companionship  from other people and taking antidepressants. So freakin clueless.

I often wonder if men like Kody and JB are drawn to patriarchal culty religions because it strokes their ego or if because their ego is being stroked it just exacerbates the already negative qualities. Either way Kody (and "Sam") needs to be branded with a hot poker to the butthole. 

to the bolded: Kody has always seemed incredibly insecure and wimpy to me...and like someone who doesn't like to take responsibility for his actions but at the same time will expect a cookie for doing something he's supposed to do...like hang out with his kids. So I think you're spot on.

I get nothing when I click on this link. is it just me?

eta words my phone thinks are irrelevant.

No, I got nothin' when I clicked on it too. 

• happy atheist locked this topic

Archived