IGNORED

Meri (Sisterwives) has a boyfriend er catfish MERGED

Justme

I am so confused. So did she meet an actual man at Disneyland?

I skimmed the texted from that date and it seemed like they were constantly trying to find each other in the park or something.

I think there were a couple texts saying that she had a great time, and kind of implied that they found each other at some point. But who knows, they could have been taken out of context to look that way. I will agree with bionicmlle that they do sound like Meri's voice, but with this catfisher, I'm not sure. They seem to have a lot of free time, that's for sure. 

• Replies 898
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Let's think about this for one very terrible second. 

Let's say those texts aren't fabricated in the sense that Meri truly did hook up with someone on that trip. Who would that person have been, and how violating would it have been for Meri to find out that it wasn't actually this Sam she'd fallen in love with? If she think she's texting Sam, but it's really Jackie, and yet they're discussing any sex they may have had...who was the person? 

That said...I do think the texts were fabricated. Or at least I wanted them to have been. I have no idea what's going on now.

I agree, I think the texts were fabricated too. I don't really understand the screenshots in the sense that they look like they were typed up on a word processor rather than being screen shots from a phone messaging app. I think they "texts" are just another desperate supposed piece of evidence meant to give credence to "Sam's" existence. 

Let's think about this for one very terrible second. 

Let's say those texts aren't fabricated in the sense that Meri truly did hook up with someone on that trip. Who would that person have been, and how violating would it have been for Meri to find out that it wasn't actually this Sam she'd fallen in love with? If she think she's texting Sam, but it's really Jackie, and yet they're discussing any sex they may have had...who was the person? 

That said...I do think the texts were fabricated. Or at least I wanted them to have been. I have no idea what's going on now.

I agree, I think the texts were fabricated too. I don't really understand the screenshots in the sense that they look like they were typed up on a word processor rather than being screen shots from a phone messaging app. I think they "texts" are just another desperate supposed piece of evidence meant to give credence to "Sam's" existence. 

I thought that too! I don't know of any phone that has texts that look like that. Even if there is a phone with that type of text-style, they definitely would be easy enough to fake. 

I skimmed the texted from that date and it seemed like they were constantly trying to find each other in the park or something.

I think there were a couple texts saying that she had a great time, and kind of implied that they found each other at some point. But who knows, they could have been taken out of context to look that way. I will agree with bionicmlle that they do sound like Meri's voice, but with this catfisher, I'm not sure. They seem to have a lot of free time, that's for sure. 

I just don't understand how they could be real...who would she have met there?! I don't see Meri being that pleased to have met up with sketchapalooza catfish lady.

She definitely met Lindsay/Jackie at least once. Apparently "Sam" couldn't make it and sent "Lindsay" instead.

She definitely met Lindsay/Jackie at least once. Apparently "Sam" couldn't make it and sent "Lindsay" instead.

Yes, I believe there are pictures of Meri with Lindsay/Jackie floating around somewhere. I haven't read all of the texts but I can imagine that if the texts are real, "Sam" pulled a bait and switch on Meri by making her think she was on her way to meet him and instead is met by "Lindsay." 

I can't help but wonder how much of this Mariah has seen. I wonder if she's avoiding reading the texts online, or if she is looking at the catfish's blog. Meri mentions Mariah a few times, mostly in reference to how they would have to hide the relationship from her. Based on what I've seen of Mariah on the show, it seems like she would be really upset about this, as she really seems to think that plural marriage is her calling, and she has repeatedly said how thankful she is that she was born into a plural family, as it allowed her to have siblings when she would have been an only child without the other wives. Not to mention, she's at college, and I have to think that at least some of the other students had read about this. How embarrassing for both of them. :my_confused:

It seemed to me that they actually DID meet - there was a lot of "meet you here? meet you there?  at a restaurant? at space mountain?" but then there was a large time gap and then a bunch of I love you, sexy talk and thanks for flying so far, etc etc.  I think if the texts were really completely fabricated, the Browns would have come out and said something by now.  They certainly seem to coincide with the voicemails and the VMs seem legit to me, but I'm gullible and believed Burris for awhile.  :dramallama-nanner:

I can't help but wonder how much of this Mariah has seen. I wonder if she's avoiding reading the texts online, or if she is looking at the catfish's blog. Meri mentions Mariah a few times, mostly in reference to how they would have to hide the relationship from her. Based on what I've seen of Mariah on the show, it seems like she would be really upset about this, as she really seems to think that plural marriage is her calling, and she has repeatedly said how thankful she is that she was born into a plural family, as it allowed her to have siblings when she would have been an only child without the other wives. Not to mention, she's at college, and I have to think that at least some of the other students had read about this. How embarrassing for both of them. :my_confused:

Yeah I thought of that too. How angry is Mariah at Meri right now? She's so into plural marriage that I don't think she would understand if her mother was unhappy with the situation. Which it seems like Meri is. What a mess! 

@QueenofHearts  We were talking in Shelter about the Disney trip -- the discussion on the March 7 post initially talks about meeting at various places in the park, how excited she is, Mariah getting a blister, etc etc., Then there is a 4 hour gap around 1900, "I wish we were alone together today for you to pull me into your embrace, kiss my neck and run your fingers through my hair...." :8U:  Then later "I want your lips but you know we can't, not after last night."  (that context is weird?)

He says "I think last night opened you up sexually" and she says "I think you did" and he says "that was new for you."  

I don't know... It could go either way, I suppose.  Obviously, however, Meri is not sexually satisfied in her current arrangement....  

I pretty sure I read in a later text message that Meri said something along the lines of she really needs to meet him.  So I'm pretty sure any sweet fellowshipping was done via text or phone.  

I also think somewhere in that 4 hour gap in the Disney conversations was Catfish's excuse for not being able to meet up at Disney (maybe Mike got mad, or "Sam" got an urgent business call that called him away).  How convenient that "Lindsay" was not able to retrieve those deleted texts like she did the rest.  

I did find it very telling that in one of the later texts the catfish was implying that Meri would be having sex with Kody (bleh, yuck, puke) and Meri responded something along the lines of 'it isn't all as it appears.')  Just more proof for me that Kody only has one true wife at this point and the rest are just props for his TV show.   

@QueenofHearts  We were talking in Shelter about the Disney trip -- the discussion on the March 7 post initially talks about meeting at various places in the park, how excited she is, Mariah getting a blister, etc etc., Then there is a 4 hour gap around 1900, "I wish we were alone together today for you to pull me into your embrace, kiss my neck and run your fingers through my hair...." :8U:  Then later "I want your lips but you know we can't, not after last night."  (that context is weird?)

He says "I think last night opened you up sexually" and she says "I think you did" and he says "that was new for you."  

I don't know... It could go either way, I suppose.  Obviously, however, Meri is not sexually satisfied in her current arrangement....  

I pretty sure I read in a later text message that Meri said something along the lines of she really needs to meet him.  So I'm pretty sure any sweet fellowshipping was done via text or phone.  

I also think somewhere in that 4 hour gap in the Disney conversations was Catfish's excuse for not being able to meet up at Disney (maybe Mike got mad, or "Sam" got an urgent business call that called him away).  How convenient that "Lindsay" was not able to retrieve those deleted texts like she did the rest.  

I did find it very telling that in one of the later texts the catfish was implying that Meri would be having sex with Kody (bleh, yuck, puke) and Meri responded something along the lines of 'it isn't all as it appears.')  Just more proof for me that Kody only has one true wife at this point and the rest are just props for his TV show.   

You may absolutely be right about the disney thing.

As for the latter part -- Yes, in the next day or two there are some texts that go back and forth about her marriage to Kody and how she dreams of being with someone who values and loves her and holds her etc and it's not Kody, it's Sam.  Sam says something about having sex with Kody and she says something to the effect of, like you said, "its not all it appears" or something like that.  It's some of the only reference to her IRL marriage in the texting.   Most of it is just back-and-forth bullshit lacking true content.  

You may absolutely be right about the disney thing.

As for the latter part -- Yes, in the next day or two there are some texts that go back and forth about her marriage to Kody and how she dreams of being with someone who values and loves her and holds her etc and it's not Kody, it's Sam.  Sam says something about having sex with Kody and she says something to the effect of, like you said, "its not all it appears" or something like that.  It's some of the only reference to her IRL marriage in the texting.   Most of it is just back-and-forth bullshit lacking true content.  

I think you're exactly right, which is why I think the texts are fabricated. The catfish carefully wrote conversations with little reference to concrete, otherwise confirmable events because it'd be very easy for Meri to refute it by saying, "I wasn't at that place at this time, and I can prove it." Not that she'd go right out and do that right away, but it would make it easy for her to do so. 

Considering the family Robyn's ex comes from, I wouldn't be surprised that Aurora is glad to be away from him. The Jessops have been marrying girls her age off to middle aged men for generations. I know very little about that particular Jessop, but it wouldn't surprise me if he had made some comments to her about wanting her married. It's a status improver to give daughters to men in power. Christine and Meri's extended families have also done this, but it appears that this family has rejected that practice. The only girls potentially at risk were Robyn's, since if their dad got custody, he could do that to them. This is, of course, assumption. I just don't think it's that big of a leap that Aurora would be so relieved to know that there's no way anyone would be marrying her off now.

As someone who lives in Southern Utah (not by choice), it bothers me that the name Jessop, Allred, Barlow, Holm, Jeffs, etc make some people think they are devout FLDS. David Jessop Sr. Robyn's ex , has not been shown to be active in the polygamist faith, in fact the opposite seems to be true, that he has left the AUB. Robyn and David took a second wife and he was the one that did not like plural marriage and ended the second marriage. He moved away to rural MT, where there is no AUB church or following and has not remarried or had anymore kids.

I counted back and my kids have had 9 teachers over the years with the last name Jessop, Allred or Barlow. I would guess like many residents of Southern Utah these teachers have polygamy in their roots. It might be as close as one generation. I am probably labeled the most pushy mother to get what my kids need in the overcrowded underfunded Utah education system and I picked only the teachers I thought best for my kids. There was a Allred and Jessop that were incredible teachers to my son who has autism. In fact the Allred teacher that would stay till 9pm once a week to meet with us because of my husband's work probably is one of the biggest factors that my son is a doing so incredible in high school. I'm sure her FIL was a polygamist but her husband left and I would never judge her or anyone else on a last name.

Also every year I watch Jessop's, Barlow's, Allred's and many other polygamist kids graduate from high school. They have just left polygamy but still visit their family in Colorado City/Hildale area. It is a proud moment to see kids work so hard to graduate instead of crying that they are lost or turning to drugs. Many have to work a lot harder to catch up on required classes.

There is a local church that takes in families that are leaving polygamy. Many have these last names. Many times the wives and kids don't change there dress overnight. It is a hard change. I recently talked to a Jessop that had kids at my child's school. The kids dressed mainstream but the mom still  wore the polygamist style dresses. She said after 50 years she had a hard time changing her clothes but she has 100% left and is so hopeful for the future for her kids.

Actually, David Preston lives in Pinesdale, Montana, which is a polygamist community. It's an AUB community. He may or may not be active in that faith. Where do you get that they had a second wife? I believe Robyn wanted one, but he did not want to practice polygamy.

I was watching last episode and Kody and Robyn are leaving to go to Robyn's ultrasound visit. Kody is saying goodbye to Solomon and he asks Solomon to say his name. Solomon says "Solomon Kody Brown." Kody just beamed. It was so telling of where Kody's heart is at. 

I was watching last episode and Kody and Robyn are leaving to go to Robyn's ultrasound visit. Kody is saying goodbye to Solomon and he asks Solomon to say his name. Solomon says "Solomon Kody Brown." Kody just beamed. It was so telling of where Kody's heart is at. 

On himself...as always! :special-snowflake1:

That made scene made me wanna barf. Poor Solomon, I wouldn't wish being a narc's golden child on anyone. 

I watched the episode where he went on the vacation with the girls a couple days ago, and found myself screaming at him by the end of it. When it said, "I have a great relationship with my daughters...no matter what my wives say." I completely lost it. What a douche. 

That made scene made me wanna barf. Poor Solomon, I wouldn't wish being a narc's golden child on anyone. 

I watched the episode where he went on the vacation with the girls a couple days ago, and found myself screaming at him by the end of it. When it said, "I have a great relationship with my daughters...no matter what my wives say." I completely lost it. What a douche. 

He's so egocentric that he barely pays attention to what is going on around him. Things are great because they're great for him and it doesn't matter what anyone else is feeling! What a flippng tool! 

I was scrolling through twitter and noticing a couple of interesting things:

Back in the shelter, we were all wondering why Kody didn't go with Meri to the doctor when he went with Robyn to the ultrasound. It must have been a common criticism, because she tweeted that there was "no reason to panic about my doctor appt so I chose to go alone. Didn't hear a concern about possible cancer till I got there." Which makes sense, I guess.

Also, Mariah seems to be team Bernie Sanders. It's all over her twitter. ("I just told dad to #FeelTheBern & he said he's gonna write me out of the will" :pb_lol:) I wonder if her views on plural marriage have evolved at all since she got to college, especially from a feminist standpoint. Being very liberal is certainly not incompatible with being deeply religious and plenty of polyamorous relationships can be healthy. I just wouldn't call her parents' situation the model of equality.

Back in the shelter, we were all wondering why Kody didn't go with Meri to the doctor when he went with Robyn to the ultrasound. It must have been a common criticism, because she tweeted that there was "no reason to panic about my doctor appt so I chose to go alone. Didn't hear a concern about possible cancer till I got there." Which makes sense, I guess.

Also, Mariah seems to be team Bernie Sanders. It's all over her twitter. ("I just told dad to #FeelTheBern & he said he's gonna write me out of the will" :pb_lol:) I wonder if her views on plural marriage have evolved at all since she got to college, especially from a feminist standpoint. Being very liberal is certainly not incompatible with being deeply religious and plenty of polyamorous relationships can be healthy. I just wouldn't call her parents' situation the model of equality.

I checked out her twitter yesterday and noticed that too! She was posting a LOT of liberal stuff, including some Black Lives Matter tweets and a lot of Bernie Sanders stuff. I can't imagine that Kody and the gang are very politically liberal. I wonder if that's scandalous at all. I thought she was going to go the more conservative route, but that was actually a bit of a pleasant surprise. Maybe she's reconsidering plural marriage. :my_rolleyes:

I checked out her twitter yesterday and noticed that too! She was posting a LOT of liberal stuff, including some Black Lives Matter tweets and a lot of Bernie Sanders stuff. I can't imagine that Kody and the gang are very politically liberal. I wonder if that's scandalous at all. I thought she was going to go the more conservative route, but that was actually a bit of a pleasant surprise. Maybe she's reconsidering plural marriage. :my_rolleyes:

I hope that now that she has gotten to experience more that she is considering staying away from plural marriage. Hopefully, the time away from her family has down Mariah good. And that she's realizing that plural marriage might not be best for her. Only time will tell but I'm thinking that's a pretty good sign! 

Wow. Consider me genuinely shocked that Mariah has gone pedal-to-the-metal progressive since she's been in college. I'm sure she's probably in a more ideologically diverse environment now. Though part of me thinks that she still might be holding on to her religious beliefs, w/ regard to plural marriage. Some of those deep-seated beliefs can remain for a long time even though there is dissonance between their political beliefs and their spiritual beliefs.  

I've always wondered about how the deterioration of Meri and Kody's relationship would impact Mariah.  

It's natural that she would see plural marriage in a favorable light since she and her mother always got the benefits of plural marriage with very limited downsides as the "favored family".  As a young child/teen, it can be natural to have issues seeing life outside your own "bubble".  However, with the introduction of Robyn, Mariah did appear to be seeing the downsides.  After all, she ended up in tears for her mother during Robyn's first pregnancy announcement.

Now that she's older, I think she is better able to see outside her own bubble and see the impact plural marriage had on her less-favored siblings.  And with the divorce and new pregnancy, she's really seeing the issues with plural marriage first hand.  She thought her mom had control as the first wife and would always maintain favored status, so she wanted to be a "first wife".  Now she's seeing that is not the case.

I don't think we will see Mariah in a plural marriage.  She may not come out and recant publicly, but she's obviously really sensitive to her mother's pain.  I think Robyn has put Mariah off the plural marriage track.  

The liberal side would surprise me. There are some pieces on Politics R Us that discuss how even in this day and age, in the AUB, racism is still alive and well.

There was also a link to an article where a former AUB member asserted Kody was part of the AUB in 1992, when the marriage of a 15 year old took place (and was possibly present there, but I couldn't really discern exactly which due to writing). If so, that would blow his whole "the AUB doesn't believe in underage marriage" argument right out of the water.

I can fish those up if anyone would like. 

@Georgiana, I LOVE your avatar! 

According to All about the Tea, the catfisher, Jackie Overton got arrested yesterday and was released on bond. There were some outstanding warrents for her arrest for relatively minor stuff, but her mother was also arrested for embezzlement, I think. Jackie seems to have consoled herself by posting more voicemails on the notbatmanyet blog today, after a one day break. :puke-front:

http://allaboutthetea.com/2015/10/22/sister-wives-catfish-lover-jackie-overton-arrested/

• happy atheist locked this topic

Archived