IGNORED

Meri (Sisterwives) has a boyfriend er catfish MERGED

Justme

There's an article up on his/her blog (notbatmanyet.com) and (s)he's made a whole Meri tab promising to reveal more info, including over 194 voicemails. What a sicko.

Nobody saves 194 voicemails without reason. Hats so weird to me.

This is weird.... just the way the blog reads, I think a woman authored it, not just typed what he wanted ("It will be updated as fast as Lindsay can add things. I’m not that good technically so she has to do it").

Hmmm.

• Replies 898
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This is weird.... just the way the blog reads, I think a woman authored it, not just typed what he wanted ("It will be updated as fast as Lindsay can add things. I’m not that good technically so she has to do it").

Hmmm.

I put the Oct. 5 post into Genderguesser (http://www.hackerfactor.com/GenderGuesser.php) and it came up "weak female" voice. Not definitive, but still -- hmm...

I wonder if this will be another way that Kody and krew can spin out another season of SW. I'm sure that if the show goes on to any more seasons, it will have to address the issue now that its public. I'm sure we'll have a few therapy-dedicated episodes about him and Meri, and we'll have to watch Kody hem and haw about how he made the mistake of not spending enough time with Meri while he looked out for the good of his family (aka schmoozed with Robyn). Then Meri will tearfully admit the mistake she made and say that she's in a better emotional place now and has realized the eternal love she has in her current marriage. And that the relationships between her sisterwives are irreplaceable. Just you watch!!!

So, on the last episode, Robyn's ex signed away his parental rights in her lawyers office. Does it have to be approved by a judge? It just seems to easy. Aurora said she was so happy xxx (his first name) signed away his rights.

It just seems so strange and a little to "TV perfect". The kids have no sadness, no feeling of abandonment.

I'm sure we'll have a few therapy-dedicated episodes about him and Meri, and we'll have to watch Kody hem and haw about how he made the mistake of not spending enough time with Meri while he looked out for the good of his family (aka schmoozed with Robyn). Then Meri will tearfully admit the mistake she made and say that she's in a better emotional place now and has realized the eternal love she has in her current marriage. And that the relationships between her sisterwives are irreplaceable. Just you watch!!!

Yup. This is precisely what I picture as well. Don't forget that Robyn will be crying as well saying how selfless Meri has been to give up her legal marriage for Robyn's kids. :wink-kitty:

The whole Meri and Sam situation is so confusing! I really wonder if the voicemails even exist? And who leaves 194 voicemails for someone they have never met before?

So, on the last episode, Robyn's ex signed away his parental rights in her lawyers office. Does it have to be approved by a judge? It just seems to easy. Aurora said she was so happy xxx (his first name) signed away his rights.

It just seems so strange and a little to "TV perfect". The kids have no sadness, no feeling of abandonment.

I see what you're saying, but considering the fact that one of their moms divorced their dad so their other mom could get a legal marriage, maybe they view this as their biodad kind of doing the same thing for Kody. All of these confusing legal things are happening around them, and all they care about is being a Brown (so it seems on the show), so maybe they don't quite understand what the biodad really signed. All the parents told them was that he gave permission for Kody to adopt them, not that he "relinquished his rights" (which would obviously be accurate, but they just told the kids the less harsh way to put it.)

What I found interesting was how excited Aurora was. I mean, that emotion can't be faked. I was just thinking, wow, these kids really want to to be in this big (crazy) family. Dayton, on the other hand, I couldn't tell what he was thinking about the whole thing. And Breanna of course I think the whole thing kinda went over her head.

Yup. This is precisely what I picture as well. Don't forget that Robyn will be crying as well saying how selfless Meri has been to give up her legal marriage for Robyn's kids. :wink-kitty:

Hey, now. I'm all for riding on the speculation bus but predicting Robyn will cry? C'mon.

(Man, my heart goes out to Dayton. I really want to take him home and love him. Pulls at the old heartstrings big time.)

Predicting Robyn will be crying is like predicting the other wives will be breathing. At this point, I think her body would go into shock or withdrawal if she goes more than a single episode without tears.

The whole Meri and Sam situation is so confusing! I really wonder if the voicemails even exist? And who leaves 194 voicemails for someone they have never met before?

There are a lot of sound bites from the show. This catfish could piece the right sound bites together to suggest that they are voice mails. They would have to be a pro to make it sound organic but it is possible.

There are a lot of sound bites from the show. This catfish could piece the right sound bites together to suggest that they are voice mails. They would have to be a pro to make it sound organic but it is possible.

I've listened to the voice mails that have been published. I think they are the real deal. Considering Meri released a statement of sorts via People, it sort of validates the whole story. The part of the story I am not understanding is why the catfish keeps pretending she is a man, and why so many people seem to still believe him/her (of course, those supporters of 'his' could very likely be other catfish accounts she has).

OMG, now "he" appears to have posted sex tapes on his batman website. Supposedly you have to email him to get a password. No way am I giving this catfish any personal info, nor do I want to view the supposed video, though I am curious if any legitimate sources have and can validate his claims. Right now there is just a bunch of people commenting on his site and for all we know they could be written by the catfish him/herself!

I've listened to the voice mails that have been published. I think they are the real deal. Considering Meri released a statement of sorts via People, it sort of validates the whole story. The part of the story I am not understanding is why the catfish keeps pretending she is a man, and why so many people seem to still believe him/her (of course, those supporters of 'his' could very likely be other catfish accounts she has).

Catfish like this (someone who appears to be trying to forge an emotional connection as opposed to a financial one) often are not mentally or emotionally healthy. I wouldn't be shocked to learn that this woman has a diagnosed mental illness. I also wouldn't be shocked to find that this is just a sad, lonely woman desperate for friends.

This is likely someone who has trouble making and keeping friends in person. Someone who doesn't have much contact with their family because of either pre-existing family issues or family cutting ties to extract themselves from the emotional manipulation. Someone who has all sorts of free time to create complete new identities online because, well, there is NOTHING going on in her real life.

If this person wanted to be herself, she never would have put all this time into being someone else. Jackie doesn't want to be Jackie. I wouldn't be shocked if Jackie HATES Jackie. Jackie wants to be Lindsey. Jackie wants to be Sam. That's why Jackie can't give this up: she doesn't want to go back to being Jackie again.

OMG, now "he" appears to have posted sex tapes on his batman website. Supposedly you have to email him to get a password. No way am I giving this catfish any personal info, nor do I want to view the supposed video, though I am curious if any legitimate sources have and can validate his claims. Right now there is just a bunch of people commenting on his site and for all we know they could be written by the catfish him/herself!

Yeah... I call major BS on this whole sex tape business. The catfish is actually a woman posing as a man, and it really seems like Meri met the catfish in real life, but she thought the woman was "Sam's" assistant. I bet the "sex tape" is really just a recording of them having phone sex or something, if there exists a "sex tape" at all.

The catfish is continuing the charade because I think they want the attention. If they reveal their true self, I'm sure they would only get negative attention and it would all die out rather quickly.

I thought the "sex" ones were just voicemails that mentioned sex maybe. Anyone want to take one for the team and get the password? Ha!

In his update, he said " I just updated the new page with a photo of me in my office holding today’s Las Vegas newspaper. I also posted two photos of me and Lindsay we took today to clear up that rumor. One of the photos she is flipping the camera off. That’s just who she is so forgive that please.

I also put my current drivers license but clipped out my address. No one needs to have that. And my birth certificate."

Is anyone seeing those things? I don't see them.

People are saying they requested the PW and aren't getting anything back. Nobody can find the photos, so the ppl in the group are assuming they're behind the PW area...if they exist at all.

In his update, he said " I just updated the new page with a photo of me in my office holding today’s Las Vegas newspaper. I also posted two photos of me and Lindsay we took today to clear up that rumor. One of the photos she is flipping the camera off. That’s just who she is so forgive that please.

I also put my current drivers license but clipped out my address. No one needs to have that. And my birth certificate."

Is anyone seeing those things? I don't see them.

I'm not seeing those either. Is he implying that those are also for people who get the password? I would use my free-samples bullshit e-mail to do it, but I am really worried that it could still be tied to me. Also, I don't really want to play along with this person's games and I have some sincere doubts that this password would allow you to gain access to anything. But it's still a bit tempting.

People are saying they requested the PW and aren't getting anything back. Nobody can find the photos, so the ppl in the group are assuming they're behind the PW area...if they exist at all.

Yeah, I feel like if there was anything to see it would have been leaked by someone who got the password already. This just seems like another way to scam people. I'm not sure what this person's game is.

This is such a weird story, 2015 must be the year for TLC reality stars to have all their dirty laundry aired. Wonder what's going to come out next? Dear lord, if there really is a sex tape, which I doubt, I don't want to see it. The only silver lining to this story is how much this has had to hurt Kody's massive ego.

This is such a weird story, 2015 must be the year for TLC reality stars to have all their dirty laundry aired. Wonder what's going to come out next? Dear lord, if there really is a sex tape, which I doubt, I don't want to see it. The only silver lining to this story is how much this has had to hurt Kody's massive ego.

I want to believe that this will take him down a few notches sooo much but part of me doubts it. He is good at mental gymnastics that he will probably consider it 100% due to Meri's faults and personal issues. That isn't to say that cheating can be blamed on the cheatee rather than the cheater, but in this case, Kody should definitely take an inward look and try to understand why Meri sought out a friendly ear. But I doubt he will.

I don't believe for one second that the voice mails are real. This person is playing a very fucked up game, and without those "voice mails" no one would bite. There are hours and hours of Meri's recorded voice out there, and this person clearly has a lot of time on their hands.

I do think Meri is a bit lonely. She thought Sam was a friend, maybe even had a crush on him. I seriously doubt it went further than that. I could be wrong, but it's not like there's any credible evidence here. Some recordings provided by someone with an obvious agenda and a proven history of dishonesty aren't evidence in my mind.

I am very confused by the voicemails. Where did they actually come from? They can't all be soundbites from the show as she drops the F-bomb in one that I listened to.

Without the voicemails I don't think Meri would have found it necessary to make the statement. I think they are real.

I am very confused by the voicemails. Where did they actually come from? They can't all be soundbites from the show as she drops the F-bomb in one that I listened to.

Oooooh. How did she use the f-bomb? I thought I had listened to all of them but I don't remember that!

• happy atheist locked this topic

Archived