IGNORED

Jana's future

MoonFace

So, do you think by being out of the limelight for a while will offer Jana the opportunity to go to college and lead a Fundi-lite life style? (Is this ok to post here? )

• Replies 534
  • Created
  • Last Reply
So, do you think by being out of the limelight for a while will offer Jana the opportunity to go to college and lead a Fundi-lite life style? (Is this ok to post here? )

Who knows, really, but I have the sense everyone will ultimately be much better off without the show. It's kept them in a circus-like bubble that is not healthy for anyone, normal or fundie.

I know this is the minority opinion, but my guess is that most of the offspring will eventually dump their parents' beliefs and find their own way. They haven't been fully sheltered enough, and if there is any sort of silver lining to the molestation story breaking, it may be that a bright spotlight that even the kids can see has been turned on the hypocrisy of Jim Bob and Michelle. As they aren't all that close to their parents anyway, being out of the spotlight may allow them to move on and develop into the individuals they are meant to be.

She was baring her shoulders and defrauding me in the photos from the amusement park they just posted on their FB page. Sometimes I see glimmers of hope.

I have always liked Jana. She always seemed kind of sad and sweet to me. I never thought she appeared to be smug like Smugger, Anna, Jessa and Jill. I hope she finds a nice husband who goes mainstream or at least goes very, very fundie lite, then mainstream.

I doubt that she even really knows that college is an option for her unfortunately, but maybe someday the spark will be ignited.

I'd like to see Jana, Jinger and Joyanna break free once Joyanna turns 18. I'd like to think that this is what they are waiting for.

I don't think it'll happen but I'd love to see Jana go to Crown College, stay with the Bateses, and have Kelly (with her formidable matchmaking skills) find her a great match.

Yea, Kelly subscribes to all of the same poisonous beliefs that Ma Dugger does, but she seems to truly enjoy her children as individuals and actively promotes them finding a loving spouse.

I have no idea what Jana's true personality, dreams, likes/dislikes are, but I hope she gets some freedom to explore them. Not holding out much hope, though.

I think Jana would be much happier without the show and public appearances, but I doubt she wants to go to college or even go fundie lite. The "best" that can realistically happen to her--assuming she's as devout as she claims--is that she pulls a Michael Bates and finds a bone-deep fundie who's seemingly not an asshole and with whom she's very compatible.

Well, since she runs in the same circles she always has all her life, I wonder who she will meet, or maybe someone she already knows will become a romance. At 25, for a fundie I thought she might already know someone she is interested in. But no courtship.

She seems sweet, and I'm sure has drunk much kool-aid. But, what else does she know? She loves her family and they are her entire life. For her and well, all of the as yet unmarried Kids, I wish them happiness. Away from Jim Bob and Meechelle.

Well, since she runs in the same circles she always has all her life, I wonder who she will meet, or maybe someone she already knows will become a romance. At 25, for a fundie I thought she might already know someone she is interested in. But no courtship.

She seems sweet, and I'm sure has drunk much kool-aid. But, what else does she know? She loves her family and they are her entire life. For her and well, all of the as yet unmarried Kids, I wish them happiness. Away from Jim Bob and Meechelle.

This is something I've wondered about..what unmarried fundie/fundie-lite guy around Jana's age (or his parents) doesn't at least know of her? And why aren't they storming the Duggar compound's gate to meet her?

This is something I've wondered about..what unmarried fundie/fundie-lite guy around Jana's age (or his parents) doesn't at least know of her? And why aren't they storming the Duggar compound's gate to meet her?

I've always figured there are but Jana either hasn't been at all interested in them or if she has been but things fizzled out once she they got to know each other. There's also the issue that the show is (or was, please gods) non-negotiable. Anyone interested in a Duggar has to be willing to be part of the show, and the apparent successes of Jill's and Jessa's relationships are probably flukes...what are the odds of anyone who approaches Duggars for courtship specifically seeing them on tv sparked their interest aren't at least a little creepy? And what are the odds that a normal person who's sincerely interested in them completely apart from the show would be totally cool with being part of the dog-and-pony show? I think Jana really dislikes being a public spectacle, so she probably doesn't want to the tv relationship, and she might also be uninterested in any man who showed interest because of her family's notoriety.

I'd like to see Jana, Jinger and Joyanna break free once Joyanna turns 18. I'd like to think that this is what they are waiting for.

idk. I remember when people said that once Jinger turned 18, she'd be out of there (or that all four were waiting to leave together).

Her birthday passed and...nothing.

People thought Josiah would leave at 18.

His birthday passed and...nothing.

I predict Joy Anna will turn 18 and...nothing will happen.

It's a little dismal, but I don't think they're going to break ranks soon.

I've always figured there are but Jana either hasn't been at all interested in them or if she has been but things fizzled out once she they got to know each other. There's also the issue that the show is (or was, please gods) non-negotiable. Anyone interested in a Duggar has to be willing to be part of the show, and the apparent successes of Jill's and Jessa's relationships are probably flukes...what are the odds of anyone who approaches Duggars for courtship specifically seeing them on tv sparked their interest aren't at least a little creepy? And what are the odds that a normal person who's sincerely interested in them completely apart from the show would be totally cool with being part of the dog-and-pony show? I think Jana really dislikes being a public spectacle, so she probably doesn't want to the tv relationship, and she might also be uninterested in any man who showed interest because of her family's notoriety.

What are the odds? Well, I'd say that both Jill and Jessa managed to find "suitable" partners that approached the family first after seeing them on tv, so the odds don't look that low these days.

idk. I remember when people said that once Jinger turned 18, she'd be out of there (or that all four were waiting to leave together).

Her birthday passed and...nothing.

People thought Josiah would leave at 18.

His birthday passed and...nothing.

I predict Joy Anna will turn 18 and...nothing will happen.

It's a little dismal, but I don't think they're going to break ranks soon.

They had the cameras on them. Breaking away would have caused a big, big deal. I think it'll get easier the longer there's no show.

I think Jana's future looks bleaker now there's no camera crew around to help watch the littles. I think she's going to have more heaped on her, at least until Josie's 10. Since she's already an old-maid and nearly washed up in the fundy world, her prospects are dimmer and dimmer.

I've always thought Jana decided to stick around and continue to raise her younger siblings because sure as hell JB&M weren't going to do it. It would demonstrate a certain strength of character few adults in that family possess. Despite having few other options, she genuinely may not want to leave.

Yea, Kelly subscribes to all of the same poisonous beliefs that Ma Dugger does, but she seems to truly enjoy her children as individuals and actively promotes them finding a loving spouse.

I have no idea what Jana's true personality, dreams, likes/dislikes are, but I hope she gets some freedom to explore them. Not holding out much hope, though.

Apparently, Kelly is girl Michael's Matron of Honor. I doubt Jana would ever choose J'chelle to fill that spot... :|

Jana will not leave. Not because she fears for her siblings or because she is waiting for Joy to turn 18. She won't leave because she does not want to.

Her youngest sister is now 5. Jinger and Joy are more than capable of helping, and Hannie is old enough to help too. There likely isn't much Jana has to do in regards to training raising the kids. The amount of work she has now is far less than what she has ten years ago. So no - she will not go Fundie Lite and she will not escape to college.

I've never understood the fangirling some Duggar kids get. Jana could very well be a nice person - but never forget that she was raised and taught the exact same things as Josh and Jessa. Considering she is the eldest daughter, I would not be surprised to learn that she drank far more kool-aid than even Jill did. She may come wrapped in a more attractive package, but she is no better than any of the other kids that people love to snark on so much.

She's still a female in the Duggar home. I wouldn't be the least bit surprised if she gets married in the next 1-2 years. The fact that they lost their TV show doesn't suddenly give her parents a new perspective to treat their children as equals and allow their daughters to do something other than get married and reproduce. No, I don't think she would go fundie lite. I'm more inclined to believe that she's one of the more hardcore fundie Duggar kids.

I think it is entirely possible that JB turned away potential suitors without letting Jana know because she was/is too valuable to the household. Jessa and Jill made for good TV courting because they are more extroverted and with the Batessess' girls round robin of weddings, he had to have some weddings to support the brand. Didn't need to be Jana, the mother in the house.

I hope the show never goes back on the air, but suspect the Dillards godly venture to convert the Catholic heathens of Central America will be a VSE or two.

• samurai_sarah locked this topic

Archived