IGNORED

Duggars By the Dozen - General Discussion - Lucky 13

happy atheist

Has it been posted anywhere that Jill and husband and Isaiah are doing international missions in an undisclosed location? They are fundraising their support-- not am uncommon practice, but most people don't have lots of income from TV shows and appearances.

Seems like trying to live their normal life in a vacation destination and calling it "missions".

Source: their Facebook

Their son's name is Israel. For the Dillard discussion you can check out this thread - viewtopic.php?f=87&t=26453

• Replies 906
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The Duggars have become mind-numbingly boring. I don't know how TLC does it. What with the courtships and weddings and babies over the past two seasons, it should have become MORE entertaining and interesting to watch, but it's like the opposite happened. The episodes are filled almost entirely with mundane crap and previews for whatever is supposedly coming up after the commercial break. Jill's birth episode was the worst. She had this dramatic, drawn-out, 70-hour labour ending in an emergency C-section. She got a TWO HOUR episode, and the actual labour and birth was stuck in the last ten minutes like an afterthought. What?

I think the network probably plays a big role in it. I know a lot of people think that Boob and Mullet have a big say in the editing. . . but I honestly don't think they do. They may have some say, but I think the majority of decisions are on TLC.

Then again, I think the network has to walk a fine line when it comes to what they show and don't show. When it comes to the Duggars, everything is going to come back to being about religion. I'm sure there have been a good number of times that the kids or parents have said something on camera that the producers decided shouldn't be aired - not because it wouldn't be interesting to watch, but because it would have revealed too much about what they actually believe.

I think the show could have had potential had they gone with a more documentary style approach, where they literally just follow the family around without constructing plot lines and stuff (For instance, it would have been really interesting to see how Jill and Jessa planned such big weddings without TLC to help out or to add in stupid plot lines; how they would have paid for everything, how they handled the stress, whether their guest lists would be so big, if the ice cream still melted and the heaters still didn't get ordered, etc.)

But that would have been risky because it would have shown far too much about what they really think and believe (like handing out those stupid Jesus buck things, harassing people about their beliefs, Gothard in general, protesting liquor stores, opposing abortion rights, etc.)

Radar online is reporting that Amy's dad isnt her bio dad. Well I think that is what the story is trying to say- its wording is a little bit confusing. But anyways I haven't seen it mentioned yet in a thread. Anybody else see that article? Thoughts?

Radaronline.com/celebrity-news/amy-duggar-terry-jordan-not-real-father/

It just seems like a complete non-issue. Okay, so maybe this guy isn't Amy's biological father. Or maybe he is and her mother was lying way back when. So what? Who cares? And when Radar 'exposed' the fact that Amy was born out of wedlock - that was old, old news. It was no secret. If the bombshell is that Amy's real father is Mike Huckabee or something, okay. Otherwise, I can't think of any reason why anyone would care. This is extremely tacky, but it's Radar, so I'm not surprised at all.

It just seems like a complete non-issue. Okay, so maybe this guy isn't Amy's biological father. Or maybe he is and her mother was lying way back when. So what? Who cares? And when Radar 'exposed' the fact that Amy was born out of wedlock - that was old, old news. It was no secret. If the bombshell is that Amy's real father is Mike Huckabee or something, okay. Otherwise, I can't think of any reason why anyone would care. This is extremely tacky, but it's Radar, so I'm not surprised at all.

That would be hilariously awful. Though honestly will all the family's shady coverups, I'm kind of just waiting to hear the next crazy, far-reaching scandal from them revealed.

But seriously, if her bio dad is some random guy... who cares. It's 2015. They're just digging for unrelated things (no pun intended) at this point.

No one cares about Famy. They should know that by now.

(snark aside, Amy’s possible legitimacy is really low hanging fruit)

I'll say it again. Famy's best bet into making some cash is to write a tell all about the Duggars, especially at this point. I'm sure she doesn't want to hurt the family, but she's never going to make it big with her mediocre singing "talent" using the Duggar name. Does anyone know if she's still doing gigs on the Riverboats and in Branson?

Good or bad, publicity is publicity. Famy probably doesn't care as she so desperately wishes to be famous.

Wasn't sure if this deserved its own thread, erring on side of caution.

It's James' birthday today. He's 14. His face is the face of the duggar Facebook (at least for the time being.)

Happy Birthday James. Hope for the best for you and that in 4 years you can get out of the compound if that is what you want.

Also I'm really sorry you have asshole parents/big brother.

I can't believe that kid is 14. He seems way younger to me for some reason.

I can't believe that kid is 14. He seems way younger to me for some reason.

I thought the same thing. And all the pics I've seen of him he looks like a tween. He's like the Michael J Fox of the Duggars.

So he was 13 when he was doing times table cards with Jilly? Yikes. That's OK buddy, you're still my fav.

So I was checking out the new Duggar Family website. I noticed a few interesting things under the sections where they discuss a minibio for each child.

Josh's future plans: "?"

John David's future plans: "Get married..."

Joy-Anna's future plans: "and to be a wife & mother someday"

Johanna's future plans are still listed as "doctor"

Jennifer's future plans: "Veterinarian"

Based on this and other answers (namely asking about favorite episodes) it seems that they were updated not long ago.

Although it did still list Josh's job at the FRC....

The middle boys are all listed as working in lawn care/handyman.

I thought the same thing. And all the pics I've seen of him he looks like a tween. He's like the Michael J Fox of the Duggars.

So he was 13 when he was doing times table cards with Jilly? Yikes. That's OK buddy, you're still my fav.

Wow. I didn't make the connection between his age and the times tables. Sad that he was recently doing 2nd grade homework and should be heading into high school. Wow. This shows you how uneducated these middle and younger children truly are.

Wow. I didn't make the connection between his age and the times tables. Sad that he was recently doing 2nd grade homework and should be heading into high school. Wow. This shows you how uneducated these middle and younger children truly are.

Yeah. 4th grade homework if we're being GENEROUS.

But he also seems, from what I've seen, to be one of the smarter and more aware Duggars. If he can weasel his way out from under J'Chelle and JB eventually, he might be okay.

Such a babyface! This is from furniture guy's instagram, and he stated if he would have know that the Duggars like wearing his shirts so much he would've given them a case years ago. DUH! JB loves handouts!

James has always seem to possess a certain whatever kinda vibe. Like if it takes me "watching" these fools to get food, fine. But lacking education or a skill his professional life may lead him to yard work with the boys. Though he does remind of JD. Besides PT constable and fire dept volunteer, and some construction, not really sure what JD's job is.

Seriously it's got to be sinking in with JB that he can have only so many of his sons do yard work/ construction for him. And he's got to know that those don't even sound like fun and fulfilling jobs bc it's not something they are choosing.

post-11800-14452000522217_thumb.png

That is a picture of a 14 year old? Seriously? Wow. He looks so sweet and innocent but by this age in any other family he's be wanking off 10 times a day.

I guess in another year or two he will have the famous receding hairline and that will age him pretty quickly.

Question in regard to Duggar Flying.....

In cases such as Derick and fam heading into the wild beyond, why doesn't JD fly them? I'm not sure I understand the purpose of the plane and all if the other family members end up flying commercially. Or are they using his services but landing at commercial airports?

I always liked James. He gave some good looks to the camera sometimes. Maybe he'll be the first to break away. (Ha! Wishful thinking, I know.)

I always liked James. He gave some good looks to the camera sometimes. Maybe he'll be the first to break away. (Ha! Wishful thinking, I know.)

It is wishful thinking, but he is one of the younger ones. So he has a better shot at this point then a lot of the family.

I think it's likely multiple people will break off at once.

That is a picture of a 14 year old? Seriously? Wow. He looks so sweet and innocent but by this age in any other family he's be wanking off 10 times a day.

I guess in another year or two he will have the famous receding hairline and that will age him pretty quickly.

He looks so young - about 10.

Josiah looks young still but his hairline doesn't.

I have a fantasy that Nate Phelps comes in and chats with us about who is likely to leave. He would be the perfect person to give insight on that from his own family experiences.

I searched "dlisted" on the posts on this site and came up with 218 -- 11 pages' worth! -- and if the mods bless it, I'd like to start this topic devoted to the times that Michael K, dlisted's founder and still high priest of snark, as well as devoted dlisted readers, skewer JimBob and the crew. Because the items are 99% Just. That. Good.

Here are the two most recent, I hope I am posting them properly to be easily enjoyed.

Duggars win "Caption This" on July 9

and

Duggars take dlisted crown on July 7

Archived