IGNORED

Duggars By the Dozen - General Discussion - Lucky 13

happy atheist

Haven't seen it mentioned much elsewhere, but there's scuttlebutt on a few FB pages that JB is considering legal action against TLC unless they pay out the rest of their contract.

Thoughts?

Doesn't TLC legally have to pay them anyway, as part of the original contract? Every contract I've ever heard of where one party is paid to do something, such as record albums, scripts for television shows, or the episodes of the shows themselves, is always paid the balance of their fee if the employer pulls out of the contract for any reason.

But then, this is reality television. Maybe the rules are different and TLC isn't on the hook for payment of the rest of the contracted episodes.

• Replies 906
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Doesn't TLC legally have to pay them anyway, as part of the original contract? Every contract I've ever heard of where one party is paid to do something, such as record albums, scripts for television shows, or the episodes of the shows themselves, is always paid the balance of their fee if the employer pulls out of the contract for any reason.

But then, this is reality television. Maybe the rules are different and TLC isn't on the hook for payment of the rest of the contracted episodes.

I don't now ... I can't imagine TLC being stupid enough to NOT have a clause in there for a situation just like this

It could explain why Jim Bob got a lawyer that specializes in breach of contract, at any rate.

Radar online has a story up today (a very misleading headline) but about the Duggar's buying a house for $10 that is now in foreclosure and they are in a legal fight over the status. The homeowner last name was Keller but no ties to Anna have been found. Also why would anyone buy a home for $10 that was underwater and behind on payments?

I am retired but when I was working, I remember a distinct group of people. These were the folks that worked harder at finding a way to make money without actually having to show up for a job, than many people who were actually employed. While some of the more educated could be considered entrepreneurial, most were classified as con artists.

I think the Duggars are in the latter group.

Control is the name of the game.

Haven't seen it mentioned much elsewhere, but there's scuttlebutt on a few FB pages that JB is considering legal action against TLC unless they pay out the rest of their contract.

Thoughts?

I remember reading during the Honey Boo Boo scandal that TLC paid out the contracts for everyone on the show except the mother. It sounds like each person on Honey Boo Boo was paid separately. It could be more complicated it TLC pays Jim Boob one lump sum for all the cast members on 19 kids.

I also seem to remember that TLC paid for all the Honey Boo Boo cast member's health insurance until the end of their contract. TLC also paid for counseling for the kids.

I also read that the Honey Boo Boo cast could not be featured on any other shows until their contract ran out. I think they were shopping for a spin off and TLC put a stop to that.

I am not sure how accurate this information is because I probably read most of it on gossip sites like tmz or radar online.

The latest Duggar scandal (which may be posted elsewhere but I didn't see it):

The Duggars caught in confusing legal trouble involving a house foreclosure

The article says they bought the house from a woman named Kathryn Keller and let her continue to live there. Is she any relation to Anna? Isn't her maiden name Keller?

The trouble just never stops for them, huh? They are crap magnets now.

Edited to insert URL.

The article says they bought the house from a woman named Kathryn Keller and let her continue to live there. Is she any relation to Anna? Isn't her maiden name Keller?

Edited to insert URL.

Silverspoons noted this above.

M dose look skinnier in that pic, But like someone mention above it could be just the way the picture was taken.

I'm doing this Hunger Games sim with all the 19 kids, Jim Bob and Michelle, Anna, Derick, and Ben. Interesting events include:

Jedidiah wins.

Joy-anna has the most kills. She even slashed Dim Bulb(what I called Jim Bob) with a sword.

Derick kills Ben for his supplies.

Jessa falls into a pit and dies.

Jana dies trying to escape the arena.

Jill trips face first into a puddle of acidic rain.

J'Uterus and Derick huddle for warmth.

Jedidiah and Derick hold hands.

If this inappropriate let me know and I will delete it.

OK is reporting the non-family victim is contemplating a civil suit against Smugs, Dim Bulb and Mullet. I can't even imagine the shit show that would go down. No way they would settle or pay her off. Too much righteous indignation...

OK is reporting the non-family victim is contemplating a civil suit against Smugs, Dim Bulb and Mullet. I can't even imagine the shit show that would go down. No way they would settle or pay her off. Too much righteous indignation...

I saw that article, too. They're apparently sourcing an "InTouch" article. I went to their website and couldn't find anything on it. Not sure if this is a legitimate story or not.

What is the likelihood that a family that belonged to the IFB/ATI would actually go public with a law suit? Wouldn't that be considered bringing shame to the family? I'm assuming the 5th victim belonged to fellow church members, or Michelle never would have let her babysit the kids.

If a law suit is brought forward, I wonder if TLC could be sued, too? There is a lot of talk about what execs knew and if they were complicit in the coverup.

(Hope it's OK to say this. I'm still learning the rules here.)

Believe it or not, there used to be a fundie fanfiction forum here on freejinger. :lol: It got shut down because most people found it really, really creepy to write fanfiction about real people.

What, more creepy than some of the 'fiction' and so called snark displayed recently on the Duggar threads???

The level of creepiness some posters display is extremely disturbing, at least if it was fan fiction they would be free to indulge their creepy imaginations and other posters would have the comfort of knowing it was make believe.

Another reason not to bring the fiction back. The so called reality posting is creepy enough :O

What, more creepy than some of the 'fiction' and so called snark displayed recently on the Duggar threads???

The level of creepiness some posters display is extremely disturbing, at least if it was fan fiction they would be free to indulge their creepy imaginations and other posters would have the comfort of knowing it was make believe.

Another reason not to bring the fiction back. The so called reality posting is creepy enough :O

Yeah....what the canned chicken said ^^

It's creepy, however not as creepy to what Josh actually did in real life.

It all skeeves me out and I won't ever read about it.

Edited to insert URL.

There is some 'crazy' shit going on with the Duggars and real-estate. Interesting that a 'Keller' is the person involved. Grandma Mary purchased a home from J'chelle's dad a while back as 'real-estate'. These companies that they found and maybe even the non-profits are probably funneliing monies. These people are worse than the mafia.

Someone needs to write an expose' on this shit.

I don't think that Keller is related. Also, I looked at the property tax records and that house doesn't seem to have ever had a Duggar name on it there. Keller was listed, then the bank, then someone completely different. I don't know what it means, but I think radar is just trying to get in on the FOIA action and this is what they found. They've run a couple of other stories like this, too, which were also not worth reporting, imo.

I am retired but when I was working, I remember a distinct group of people. These were the folks that worked harder at finding a way to make money without actually having to show up for a job, than many people who were actually employed. While some of the more educated could be considered entrepreneurial, most were classified as con artists.

I think the Duggars are in the latter group.

Control is the name of the game.

BINGO! :cracking-up:

I don't think that Keller is related. Also, I looked at the property tax records and that house doesn't seem to have ever had a Duggar name on it there. Keller was listed, then the bank, then someone completely different. I don't know what it means, but I think radar is just trying to get in on the FOIA action and this is what they found. They've run a couple of other stories like this, too, which were also not worth reporting, imo.

I don't think they are worth reporting, per se, but I do think the Duggars are shady and where there is smoke, many times there is fire.

With these people, I think that there probably is fire.

Anna, Jill and Jessa are doing nothing, besides teaching their children that inappropriate touching is something that should be forgiven, and swept under the rug. :angry-banghead: No! It should be looked at as the crime that it is, and Josh should be prosecuted.

Now the latest secret revealed is this:

radaronline.com/celebrity-news/amy-duggar-mom-deanna-jordan-restraining-order-against-husband-terry-jordan/

This family just gets stranger and stranger. At the end of the day- the Duggars have 12+ adults who actually do not work and seem to have a pretty good standard of living. They have certainly made grifting an art.

Archived