IGNORED

Duggars By the Dozen - General Discussion - Lucky 13

happy atheist

Any speculation on who will get the Stoneybrook House once the Dillards leave the country? I wonder if JB will sell it or turn it over to one of the other kids. Maybe Jess and Ben can move in there since they'll probably have 100 children. And then Josiah and Marg can have the little house.

• Replies 906
  • Created
  • Last Reply
This family just gets stranger and stranger. At the end of the day- the Duggars have 12+ adults who actually do not work and seem to have a pretty good standard of living. They have certainly made grifting an art.

I was thinking today that JB kind of shot himself in the foot by limiting the education of his family. True, uneducated children are easier to handle and JB does love to pull the strings, but what if they were well-rounded individuals with lots of culture and interests? For example, they would all be in much higher demand as speakers if they were interesting and well spoken. Perhaps someone could have become a much-in-demand Christian comic or violinist. Professionally trained photographer Jinger with a large international portfolio might have so much work she would have to raise her prices. Jessa's line of make-up, clothing, and perfume would be selling out at Target. Janna would be publishing 4 children's books a year and they would be avidly read by all levels of Christians, not just the fundies. JD would have his own Hunting and Fishing Lodge which he ran as an exclusive luxury resort. Josh... well maybe he could have been a lawyer and perhaps this scandal might have played out differently.

My point is that this family has been on TV for 10 years-- with international exposure that the average entrepreneur can only dream about. They were handed a stratospheric launching pad but JB ensured that his children were duds that couldn't take off anywhere except maybe as unwanted missionaries to South America. Talk about shooting yourself in the foot.

Any speculation on who will get the Stoneybrook House once the Dillards leave the country? I wonder if JB will sell it or turn it over to one of the other kids. Maybe Jess and Ben can move in there since they'll probably have 100 children. And then Josiah and Marg can have the little house.

It would be interesting to see Jess move in because then she would have to eat her words about wanting a small cottage.

I was thinking today that JB kind of shot himself in the foot by limiting the education of his family. True, uneducated children are easier to handle and JB does love to pull the strings, but what if they were well-rounded individuals with lots of culture and interests? For example, they would all be in much higher demand as speakers if they were interesting and well spoken. Perhaps someone could have become a much-in-demand Christian comic or violinist. Professionally trained photographer Jinger with a large international portfolio might have so much work she would have to raise her prices. Jessa's line of make-up, clothing, and perfume would be selling out at Target. Janna would be publishing 4 children's books a year and they would be avidly read by all levels of Christians, not just the fundies. JD would have his own Hunting and Fishing Lodge which he ran as an exclusive luxury resort. Josh... well maybe he could have been a lawyer and perhaps this scandal might have played out differently.

My point is that this family has been on TV for 10 years-- with international exposure that the average entrepreneur can only dream about. They were handed a stratospheric launching pad but JB ensured that his children were duds that couldn't take off anywhere except maybe as unwanted missionaries to South America. Talk about shooting yourself in the foot.

At the core, the Duggar way is laziness above all else.

How to get easy money....

Why study hard if you have no desire to eventually work hard for a living?

I would not be surprised to hear that JB was involved in underhanded practices- he'd pull the awe shucks defense. I suspect he is a scam artist by nature. The dog ate my homework, my dad's an alcoholic, my gf wore a bikini while mowing the lawn.

And unfortunately, aside from JD, none of the Duggars are seemingly interested in working hard, or working at all-

This will eventually come back to bite all but the very protected (Mary, M. and JB) in the ass.

It would be interesting to see Jess move in because then she would have to eat her words about wanting a small cottage.

She only said that because JB had already told her that she was getting GMM's house.

It will be very interesting to see if Jessa and Bin do move into the Stonybrook Manse. Unless the Dillards are only going for a few months. We don't know what extended actually amounts to. Well, I don't.

It will be very interesting to see if Jessa and Bin do move into the Stonybrook Manse. Unless the Dillards are only going for a few months. We don't know what extended actually amounts to. Well, I don't.

There was speculation on FJ (perhaps based on real estate postings) that the house Josh & Anna bought in Siloam Springs needs work. perhaps they will live in the Stonybrook House until the work is finished.

Perhaps Josiah's alleged work with "Duggar Construction" involves working on the Siloam Springs house.

There was speculation on FJ (perhaps based on real estate postings) that the house Josh & Anna bought in Siloam Springs needs work. perhaps they will live in the Stonybrook House until the work is finished.

Perhaps Josiah's alleged work with "Duggar Construction" involves working on the Siloam Springs house.

They were working on the SS house earlier this week.

Most likely it will stay empty because Mrs. Dullard is the golden fundie child in that family and the best house is her house. She may come back after all...

Now the latest secret revealed is this:

radaronline.com/celebrity-news/amy-duggar-mom-deanna-jordan-restraining-order-against-husband-terry-jordan/

That's just so sad :(

Most likely it will stay empty because Mrs. Dullard is the golden fundie child in that family and the best house is her house. She may come back after all...

Nothing will change. The house will be the Dillard's storage unit.

They''ll be back before the holidays.

Heck, I can see JD picking them up for an occasion weekend visits.

I think one of the biggest problems, and it's our problem not the Duggars, is that we are always looking at the Duggars' behaviors from our perspectives or based on what we would do in a given situation.

Most of us wouldn't dream of marrying an unemployed teenager...or entering a marriage when neither party had a job...or procreated with an unemployed teen...or had our husband quit his job after we had just procreated a child...or ask for and accept 10s of thousands of dollars worth of wedding and baby gifts, only to leave the country a few months later with the shirts on our backs...or grift for donations...or sell our family to the media as "wholesome" when we know that we are hiding criminal behaviors....and on and on.

These folks do not live in "our" world. Obviously, In Duggarville, the parameters are much different.

These folks do not live in "our" world. Obviously, In Duggarville, the parameters are much different.

Apparently the word "logic" does not compute with them. 8-) 8-)

Apparently the word "logic" does not compute with them. 8-) 8-)

You do have give JB some credit though, he has been grifting and conniving for a good long time and gotten away with it- like a well honed thief.

As much as I want them gone, I would love to see what eventually happens to the whole lot of them.

They have so few useful skills and no common sense or logical reasoning.

At the core, the Duggar way is laziness above all else.

How to get easy money....

Why study hard if you have no desire to eventually work hard for a living?

I would not be surprised to hear that JB was involved in underhanded practices- he'd pull the awe shucks defense. I suspect he is a scam artist by nature. The dog ate my homework, my dad's an alcoholic, my gf wore a bikini while mowing the lawn.

And unfortunately, aside from JD, none of the Duggars are seemingly interested in working hard, or working at all-

This will eventually come back to bite all but the very protected (Mary, M. and JB) in the ass.

I think Joseph has some sort of work ethic too. IIRC, when the family were in Little Rock with Josie, Joseph stay at the TTH with JD to work around the property. I have podcasts of the two of them working on building projects together later on too. Now he's at college. I think Joe has potential to be a hard working although low income earning, adult.

(I've liked Joe ever since that episode where they participated in the Charity Race. JB gets all competitive and decides to "race" the 1km walk but Joe beat him. GO JOE!)

Forgive my ignorance...but what exactly does "grifting" mean?

Basically it means to swindle people. Do whatever you can to get money or gifts or handouts by providing a false front.

Now the latest secret revealed is this:

radaronline.com/celebrity-news/amy-duggar-mom-deanna-jordan-restraining-order-against-husband-terry-jordan/

Am I reading the report wrong? It says Deanna filed the report in 1992 and it says she had just given birth. Amy was born in 1986 so are the dates wrong or does Amy have a sibling? or did the judge give a restraining order based on an event that happened 6 years earlier.

Am I reading the report wrong? It says Deanna filed the report in 1992 and it says she had just given birth. Amy was born in 1986 so are the dates wrong or does Amy have a sibling? or did the judge give a restraining order based on an event that happened 6 years earlier.

She used that after birth story as an example of his long history of abuse when getting the restraining order 6 years later.

I think Joseph has some sort of work ethic too. IIRC, when the family were in Little Rock with Josie, Joseph stay at the TTH with JD to work around the property. I have podcasts of the two of them working on building projects together later on too. Now he's at college. I think Joe has potential to be a hard working although low income earning, adult.

(I've liked Joe ever since that episode where they participated in the Charity Race. JB gets all competitive and decides to "race" the 1km walk but Joe beat him. GO JOE!)

I would agree that JD and Joe show some sort of work ethic. At least Joe had enough "gumption" to attend a college. I am very curious as to how that came about, since we know that JB and M are not big on colleges. Part of me is suspicious that it was agreed to only because it would make an interesting plot point for the show. In the previews for the upcoming season ( prior to it being pulled of course), they indicated that Joseph's college experience was going to be a story arc. I think since the last few seasons have been so focused on the girls, that JB/M and TLC were looking for someway to make the boys more interesting. So Joe goes to College was going to be one story, and Josiah is courting, was going to be another story. These would take a back seat to Jill with the new baby and Jessa being pregnant, but it would have at least given the boys something "interesting" to do.

Now that the show appears to be dead, is there any motivation for Joe to continue in College? Do we know if his program was full 4 year program, or was it a trade program for a year?

I saw on Instagram that Jessa, Ben, Jana, and jinger were at the rodeo, and also saw thelonehubert was at the same rodeo, and so was amy duggar! But no pics of them all together. Hubert is like the fundie bachelor, he seems like he could have his pick.

I saw on Instagram that Jessa, Ben, Jana, and jinger were at the rodeo, and also saw thelonehubert was at the same rodeo, and so was amy duggar! But no pics of them all together. Hubert is like the fundie bachelor, he seems like he could have his pick.

I've never heard of him. What's his first name? Or is his first name Hubert?

I saw the video Jessa put up at the Rodeo. I think Jana is so pretty.

WaPo has a new article about the Duggars' resurgence on social media.

washingtonpost.com/news/acts-of-faith/wp/2015/07/02/with-their-tv-show-off-the-air-the-duggars-are-back-on-social-media/

The most disappointing news to me:

On Wednesday, a TLC spokeswoman told The Washington Post there was “no update†to the network’s public statements on the future of the Duggars’ programming on the network.

DAMN, TLC - what are you waiting for?

DAMN, TLC - what are you waiting for?

Who the hell knows? Some sort of redemption to happen so they can slowly get them back on the air without pissing the masses off?

The longer they take sitting on the pot, the less credible they are in my book. I know it's about the almighty $$ and they want to milk the Duggar Dynasty for every nickle, but I think they are cutting off their nose in spite of their face.

I am not convinced we will never see them on the air again. I can see TLC dipping a "toe" in the water and having a special about Jessa's birth. It will show Jessa, Ben, Jill, maybe Jana and Derik. Mullet will be at the birth, but not shown on camera. Hey, who can "fault" a special showing the "victims" (TLC's thinking). If that goes well, maybe the next special for "Sia's wedding. Again, not showing Josh, Mullet and Boob. Then maybe TLC will send a crew to wherever Jill and Derik are for another special. Very slowly for a couple of years till people forget.....

They are waiting until this blows over to cancel the show when no one cares anymore. They don't want to upset their 'base'.

Given that they have chosen not to air the current season, at least right now, they are certainly already looking into alternative programming -- a likely consideration since the day this first broke. So while they may be holding out hope, I think they know it's dunzo. Even if they were to bring them back, severe damage to ratings is likely done.

If they do 'dip their toes' in with a birth special they can gage the damage with actual damage ... but I suspect they won't. JB is tough to deal with and I can imagine continuing to film the Duggars in any way would harm them if sued.

Edited for clarity.

Archived